Page 139 of 231 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 4618

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Monkcher is still the default choice for most AA builds, IMHO; but you have a lot of options here, which mostly depend on how many rog lvls you want (i.e., do you want another rog PL or some other class), what tomes you've taken, etc. Being VIP means access to Harper, so INT-based dmg becomes an option in addition to conventional STR or DEX to dmg. My first thought is a rog-based monkcher, like the classic rog 13 / monk 6 / <splash> 1 split. Of course, if you want truly gimp, you could go pure rogue.
    I've never been much interested in monks flavor-wise, and I've only been VIP for a few months and have yet to roll one. Does throwing Monk into the build really make a huge difference? How does it play? (I like fairly straightworward non-fiddly builds in general, which is why I usually play straight-up melee).

As for rogue levels, I don't want another rogue PL feat at this time, and was thinking of ranger PL instead. Tomes should be +2 or better in all stats (but I will need to log in after work to confirm). Harper sounds like it has potential, but again I have not had much chance to explore that tree since going VIP.

For this life I was thinking Elf Ranger would keep me in my familiar sneaky TWF playstyle, while allowing some fun ranged tech to play with in the form of all the AA enhancements. Meanwhile, taking a few levels of Rogue to keep my trap skills up and also gives me sneaky damage in melee. I figure Ranger spells would also help with durability/versatility.

Anyway, that's my thought process.
    You are responsible for your own DDO experience.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katana_one View Post
    I've never been much interested in monks flavor-wise, and I've only been VIP for a few months and have yet to roll one. Does throwing Monk into the build really make a huge difference? How does it play? (I like fairly straightworward non-fiddly builds in general, which is why I usually play straight-up melee).
    A monkcher uses the combat rotation I specify in this post: 20 seconds of Manyshot, 60 seconds of 10K Stars, 40 seconds of neither. By comparison, any non-monkcher archer gets 20 secs of MS and 100 secs of not-MS; there's simply nothing which makes up for the lost ranged DPS of not having 10K.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

3. 07-01-2015, 04:17 PM

Community Member

Default Solo Earth Savant Build?

I’ve been looking for a strong solo build for my next life. I have already done most of the traditional solo builds Sorc18/Mnk2, Cleric16/Mnk2/Rog2, FvS18/2Mnk and a few others but wanted to try something different. Since I recently started wearing Rock Boots on my current character I have been having fun killing everything not turned to stone and then running through with the Earthshatter Warhammer to shatter all the stoned mobs and was thinking of a way to max that fun out on a solo build.

This plus all the new goodies from TOEE makes the thought of playing an earth savant sound pretty good.

First question is, does a character’s bonuses to DC effect the procs on items he wears; in this case would the Earthshatter Warhammer proc of Greater Stone Prison (normally DC33) be increased by my character’s plus to DCs?

Same question with damage such as a robe of acid guard; does an Earth Savant’s bonus to acid damage affect the amount of damage an enemy takes from the acid guard effect?

Last question, does anyone have a good idea for a solo build using the above elements?

Community Member

Default I don't know what that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    You could use one of the older Monkcher builds, those still work fine, they are just not top DPS anymore. 12monk/6ranger/2 rogue or 12ranger/6monk/2rogue should both be viable. I run a pure mechanic at the moment and it's the best ranged trapper I ever had. Verry simple to build and gear too.

Do you have the Harper tree? It's quite nicht for trappers because you can get INT to damage for all weapons.

She's already leveled some has paladin fighter rogue khopesh's she's all set up this way already from one of their builds acrobat she is so much fun to play her dps is pretty darn good with the khopesh and she is great with traps the fighter part of her works with khopesh and rogue to two weapons spinning in a fury of strikes. The paladin with use of wands makes it where I can heal myself and get traps all and all it's a pretty fun girl to play. It helps that she can tumble and do all the cool tricks I just relogged and lost all my enhancements on all my characters and I most of the old builds are all gone now. I really want her back and I don't want to do it myself I've never built my own character before I'm not that savvy :P

Quote Originally Posted by sassyirishbytch29 View Post
    She's already leveled some has paladin fighter rogue khopesh's she's all set up this way already from one of their builds acrobat she is so much fun to play her dps is pretty darn good with the khopesh and she is great with traps the fighter part of her works with khopesh and rogue to two weapons spinning in a fury of strikes. The paladin with use of wands makes it where I can heal myself and get traps all and all it's a pretty fun girl to play. It helps that she can tumble and do all the cool tricks I just relogged and lost all my enhancements on all my characters and I most of the old builds are all gone now. I really want her back and I don't want to do it myself I've never built my own character before I'm not that savvy :P
    My monkcher suggestion was an answer to one_katana’s question about a ranged trapper build. I can’t really tell what you are looking for from your posts, guess it’s an “English as second language” problem on both ends here. You are looking for an old paladin/fighter/rogue build using khopeshes, that's not on this forum anymore?
    Last edited by Lorianus; 07-03-2015 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal'vation View Post
    I’ve been looking for a strong solo build for my next life. I have already done most of the traditional solo builds Sorc18/Mnk2, Cleric16/Mnk2/Rog2, FvS18/2Mnk and a few others but wanted to try something different. Since I recently started wearing Rock Boots on my current character I have been having fun killing everything not turned to stone and then running through with the Earthshatter Warhammer to shatter all the stoned mobs and was thinking of a way to max that fun out on a solo build.

This plus all the new goodies from TOEE makes the thought of playing an earth savant sound pretty good.

First question is, does a character’s bonuses to DC effect the procs on items he wears; in this case would the Earthshatter Warhammer proc of Greater Stone Prison (normally DC33) be increased by my character’s plus to DCs?
    No
    Same question with damage such as a robe of acid guard; does an Earth Savant’s bonus to acid damage affect the amount of damage an enemy takes from the acid guard effect?
    No
    Last question, does anyone have a good idea for a solo build using the above elements?
    Me not, but sorc forum could help you.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenaps View Post
    No

No

Me not, but sorc forum could help you.
    Why an earth savant, and not just a dual-warhammer wielding ranger (like this one: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...tempest-ranger ). For extra warhammer fun, you could always use Morninglord (which would also give you a neat self-heal).

Since I recently started wearing Rock Boots on my current character I have been having fun killing everything not turned to stone and then running through with the Earthshatter Warhammer to shatter all the stoned mobs and was thinking of a way to max that fun out on a solo build.

This is firmly in Flavor Build Country, but since Earthgrab DC is based on CON rather than CHA, one possibility I had toyed with is a TYWA dwarf Earth Savant.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Hello again!

Looking for 5th life build (past: pld/wiz/art/mnk and epic ones 1 martial and 1 primal), and this time I was thinking staff rogue. My other character was rog/mnk/fig and it was a fun build, but I don't want to do it again I've got +4 supreme tome, can get +5 if it's needed, don't have Sireth. But I do have a Dreampiercer and a lot of other ones too. Race doesn't matter, but I prefer self-healing so perhaps BF would be ideal. Perhaps 5 lvls wizard for buffs and 13 rog for T-A and opportunist. So it leaves 2 lvls for something, maybe paladin for saves, a little prr/mrr buff as well. Any suggestion for builds. A little messy information part, but that's what fever does to a man

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    This is firmly in Flavor Build Country, but since Earthgrab DC is based on CON rather than CHA, one possibility I had toyed with is a TYWA dwarf Earth Savant.
    Yeap. I've done a few to many 'standard' solo builds and need something a little more out of the ordinary. I love playing an Earth Elemental Wizard out of the old AD&D Tome of Magic and wanted to try and something like that on DDO.

I do want to go heavy on the CON for Earthgrab, but for the self healing aspect I will most likely go with WF.

Now trying to figure out the splash aspect, 2 rogue for traps, 2 monk for feats or 2 paladin for saves.

I want to play the Earth Savant in a very uncommon way, melee attacks with TOEE weapons for acid vulnerability (and just picked up an Elemental Bloom staff for paralyzation), then acid rain and other acid spells for taking down everything. Use Earthgrab and Flesh To Stone on casters and on bosses that are not immune.

I have found some issue though; the Acid Rain spell that I planned on being my main attack spell is listed as being bugged and I have always hated the concealment aspect of acid fog.

Annai5692 - your Ranger build looks amazing for a future ranger build.

Community Member

Annai5692 - your Ranger build looks amazing for a future ranger build.
    Thank you, but sadly it's not my build. Original Author in the link (I hope, at least!). If you wanted to go with bludeoning weapons early, the nightforge hammers at level 8 (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Nightforge_Hammer) and the Earthshatter Hammers at level 16 (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Earthshatter_Warhammer) were what made me link it to the Earthshatter post. Two of each, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by samsonov View Post
    Looking for 5th life build (past: pld/wiz/art/mnk and epic ones 1 martial and 1 primal), and this time I was thinking staff rogue. My other character was rog/mnk/fig and it was a fun build, but I don't want to do it again I've got +4 supreme tome, can get +5 if it's needed, don't have Sireth. But I do have a Dreampiercer and a lot of other ones too. Race doesn't matter, but I prefer self-healing so perhaps BF would be ideal. Perhaps 5 lvls wizard for buffs and 13 rog for T-A and opportunist. So it leaves 2 lvls for something, maybe paladin for saves, a little prr/mrr buff as well.
    The rogue PrEs got some significant DPS buffage in their lvl 18 enhancements; Acrobats now get +20% doublestrike from Cartwheel Charge. That plus the +5% atk speed bonus in the capstone is a pretty strong incentive for staying pure. The downside, of course, is they're still squishy as hell.

In any case, I still consider Zeus the go-to build for heavily-MCed BF staff builds, although I think rog 13 / pal 4 / monk 3 is a better split in the current game: you only need pal 3 for access to defensive stance, pal 4 gets you Turn Undead and access to metamagics (namely Quicken). I also posted a halfling variant with healing DM.

But if you don't want to do that, someone posted a rog 13 / wiz 5 / ftr(?) 2 build a long time ago, but it wasn't a staff build; it was dwarf using greataxes, IIRC. Could probably be tweaked for staves, though.

Community Member

Hello, I want to try an eldritch knight. Any advice for it?

I have a 34 points build sorcerer that I want to tr into a wizard, I can do any race and any class but warlock. I have the harper tree too.

Past lifes: sorcerer x2. Bladeforged x1.
    Tomes: +3s, +5 wisdom, +5 dexterity

I never did one yet so only way I have to test one is going to other server and roll an iconic. I could multiclass but I want the wizard past life while I try something new.

Thx

P.S. Forums are working pretty bad for me, some pages don t load, I ve been trying to edite this one since yesterday
    Last edited by Belgarath22; 07-21-2015 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Adding information
    Argonnessen: Koorb - Frankiy - Bladeth - Cararoja - Stormbeach - Cheet - Zafires - Koorgib

P.D. Spanish is my native language.

Community Member

So I'm very close to obtaining completionist on my character, with only two lives remaining, one of which is cleric. I'd like to get some ideas on a dps cleric build, with a few guidelines:

Must qualify for cleric past life (multiclassing is fine, as long as cleric remains the highest).
    Must be morninglord iconic race without any lesser hearts used.
    Self healing is important, but I'm not concerned with group healing.
    I prefer dps builds that don't rely on mana (so preferably not a dc caster or nuker).
    Should be able to handle epic elite at least reasonably well, with a decent clear speed.

A few things available to me:
    36 point build
    +5 to all stats tome
    VIP status with access to every class
    All epic destinies are maxed
    22 fate points available for twists
    1x of each past life except cleric and sorcerer

What I don't have is good gear, since I've been riding the reincarnate train so hard, there's no time for raiding yet. That comes after completionist

Any thoughts on a solid cleric build I should run?
    Last edited by Sinzar_; 07-23-2015 at 08:31 PM.
    Sarlona server: Sinzarr

Do you have a preferred combat style or any weapons you want to use? If not, how much effort are you willing to put into obtaining them before TRing?

Community Member

No real preference on combat style. I've done them all in previous lives and they all feel viable. I'm willing to spend some time farming gear pre-TR as long as it's not ultra rare.

So here's a slight variant on the Valenar Warpriest I posted a while ago. Switched to ML w/blunt weapons: idea is to use dual Phosphors to start for Amaunator bonuses, swapping to warhammers in epic (drow, Mornh, or TF). Black dragonplate is also a good choice for starter armor. Farming Tome pages and black scales is tedious, but at least it isn't hard.
    Code:
    ML Warpriest
    15/3/2 Cleric/Paladin/Fighter
    Lawful Good Morninglord

Level Order

1. Cleric          6. Cleric         11. Paladin        16. Cleric
    2. Cleric          7. Cleric         12. Cleric         17. Cleric
    3. Cleric          8. Fighter        13. Cleric         18. Cleric
    4. Cleric          9. Paladin        14. Cleric         19. Cleric
    5. Cleric         10. Paladin        15. Fighter        20. Cleric

Stats
                   36pt     Tome     Level Up
                   ----     ----     --------
    Strength        17       +4       4: STR
    Dexterity       13       +4       8: STR
    Constitution    12       +4      12: STR
    Intelligence    12       +4      16: STR
    Wisdom           8       +4      20: STR
    Charisma        16       +4      24: STR
                                     28: STR

Feats

1        : Power Attack
     1 Deity  : Follower of: Amaunator
     3        : Cleave
     6        : Great Cleave
     6 Deity  : Amaunator's Brilliance
     8 Fighter: Two Weapon Fighting
     9        : Empower Healing Spell
    12        : Improved Critical: Bludgeoning
    15        : Improved Two Weapon Fighting
    15 Fighter: Greater Two Weapon Fighting
    18        : Maximize Spell
    21 Epic   : Overwhelming Critical
    24 Epic   : Quicken Spell
    26 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
    27 Epic   : Empower Spell
    28 Destiny: Elusive Target

Enhancements (80 AP)

Radiant Servant (32 AP)

• Healing Domain, Pacifism, Positive Energy Burst, Improved Empower Healing
      1. Extra Turning III, Wand Mastery III, Altruism III
      2. Improved Turning III
      3. Intense Healing III, Unyielding Sovereignty
      4. Incredible Healing III
      5. Positive Energy Aura
    Warpriest (22 AP)
    • Smite Foe, Resilience of Battle, Sanctuary
      1. Divine Might III, Righteous Weapons
      2. Smite Weakness, Wall of Steel III, Righteous Weapons
      3. Burden of Sin III, Righteous Weapons
      4. Ameliorating Strike
    Sacred Defender (13 AP)
    • Holy Bastion, Sacred Defense
      1. Item Defense I, Resilient Defense III
      2. Instinctive Defense I, Durable Defense III
      3. Tenacious Defense III
    Knight of the Chalice (9 AP)
    • Slayer of Evil, Courage of Heaven
      1. Extra Turning II, Extra Smite II
      2. Exalted Cleave III
    Kensei (4 AP)
    • Kensei Focus: Maces and Clubs
      1. Haste Boost III
    Destiny (24 AP) Legendary Dreadnought
    1. Extra Action Boost III, Strength
    2. Momentum Swing III, Imp. Power Attack
    3. Lay Waste, Critical Damage III
    4. Anvil of Thunder
    5. Advancing Blows, Devastating Critical
    6. Master's Blitz, Pulverizer

Community Member

That looks really solid. Due to the severe lack of good named heavy maces during epic levels, I may tweak it some and drop the righteous weapon enhancements and just use the best weapons available to me instead, but otherwise, I think I now know the build I'm going to run.

Thanks!

Default Vanguard Paladin with trapping + Harper tree?

Hello!

I'm interested in a vanguard paladin, but with the possibility of doing traps and using the harper enhancement tree to make it easier. This would be a first life, 32 point toon, up to level 20 as I'm going to TR it eventually. I have all races, was considering a Drow, but I'm open to most race choices, no stat tomes available though. I'm mostly looking for some good soloing capabilities at decent difficulty levels, not looking at epic, mostly just heroic hard/elite.

I'm not very good at builds, so I'm not completley sure how viable this is or if there's even a point in doing it. Like I said, it's a TR toon, I've never had anything above level 10, so I'd like something to experience the quests and learn more about the game.

Thanks in advance!

Page 139 of 231 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189 ... LastLast