Page 122 of 231 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 4618

Default Looking for a PDk blitz buiild.

I'm interested in Tring into the PDK class for fighter and racial pl. 36 pt. build with +4 tomes. Is a PDK blitz build viable with wraps? I have access to Sireth and was thinking of something like 12 ftr / 6 pally / 2 monk. Hoping to have a blitzer to boost our guild runs as we seem to be lacking in dps at times. Again I'd like to use wraps if possible. My toon is fairly well geared and will mostly be monk based from here on out as I loath farming just for gear I may not use next life. Thanks in advance and HAPPY SLEIGHING!

Default PDK blitz build

Quote Originally Posted by shawncthayer View Post
    I'm interested in Tring into the PDK class for fighter and racial pl. 36 pt. build with +4 tomes. Is a PDK blitz build viable with wraps? I have access to Sireth and was thinking of something like 12 ftr / 6 pally / 2 monk. Hoping to have a blitzer to boost our guild runs as we seem to be lacking in dps at times. Again I'd like to use wraps if possible. My toon is fairly well geared and will mostly be monk based from here on out as I loath farming just for gear I may not use next life. Thanks in advance and HAPPY SLEIGHING!
    Sorry I meant 12 ftr / 6 monk / 2 pally. II couldn't edit my post for some reason?

Default request a build pdk druid winter wolf

Idk if I've asked for this on this thread or not, but I'm about to tr out of a monk life and I'm thinking of going for my first iconic pl life. I was thinking of a pdk and druid mix, with maybe a monk splash. Only reason I am thinking this way is b/c it looks like on paper that monk and druid melee builds look like they would mesh well. I don't want to spend tp on a heart +1, but on the other hand I do have +5 to all stats. I've been going over this thread for a few days and see this type of build mentioned but don't see it... ether a link to the build or a point in the place where I can find it would be great...

Forgot to mention that I'm also trying to get the druid pl on this life too
    Server Thelanis paddfoot cutpurse 13rog(old toon that was played when cap was 14)

after hiatus Server Khyber Hakkn slash 1ftr/16rngr/1rog PL ftr 1/ barb1
    dapadd padd 6pal/1rog/3mnk quicktounge 8bard(haggle/bank)

Quote Originally Posted by padd View Post
    Idk if I've asked for this on this thread or not, but I'm about to tr out of a monk life and I'm thinking of going for my first iconic pl life. I was thinking of a pdk and druid mix, with maybe a monk splash. Only reason I am thinking this way is b/c it looks like on paper that monk and druid melee builds look like they would mesh well. I don't want to spend tp on a heart +1, but on the other hand I do have +5 to all stats. I've been going over this thread for a few days and see this type of build mentioned but don't see it... ether a link to the build or a point in the place where I can find it would be great...

For a PDK PL & Druid PL with a melee focus I would read the following thread:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5297908

The thread walks though an evolution of Druid based melee builds trying/learning multiple mechanics/tactics until it resulted in the build in post #63 (the one I linked above). If you read post #63 and think you may want to try that build I would read the entire thread just for edification... I found the thread interesting though I personally haven't played any of the listed builds so can't comment personally on how they fared for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoze View Post
    For a PDK PL & Druid PL with a melee focus I would read the following thread:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5297908

The thread walks though an evolution of Druid based melee builds trying/learning multiple mechanics/tactics until it resulted in the build in post #63 (the one I linked above). If you read post #63 and think you may want to try that build I would read the entire thread just for edification... I found the thread interesting though I personally haven't played any of the listed builds so can't comment personally on how they fared for me...
    I have read most of this thread you linked...The problem is that it uses a +1 heart and doesn't mix in the monk, now I don't have to use monk I was just thinking that the monk unarmed with handwraps would stack well with the druid In winter wolf...

To for the response I guess I'll keep searching
    Server Thelanis paddfoot cutpurse 13rog(old toon that was played when cap was 14)

Community Member

Was wanting a fvs/ranger that uses khopeshes. If good saves could be fit in there to go wthi ranger evasion, that would be awesome. This is what I wanna TR into, so 34 points is what I'd be using. (TRing into 2nd life)
    Thanks

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

See my Tempest Warpriest thread.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by padd View Post
    I was thinking of a pdk and druid mix, with maybe a monk splash. Only reason I am thinking this way is b/c it looks like on paper that monk and druid melee builds look like they would mesh well. I don't want to spend tp on a heart +1, but on the other hand I do have +5 to all stats.

Druid 9 / monk 9 / ftr 2 is a popular combo for wolf melee DPS builds; but the druid PL requirement nixes that, as this build would get monk as the dominant PL class. Druid 10 / monk 9 / ftr 1 is an obvious alternative; I would also consider druid 13 / monk 6 / ftr 1, basically trading Imp Evasion for lvl 6 & 7 druid spells.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Default more likely what I might do

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Druid 9 / monk 9 / ftr 2 is a popular combo for wolf melee DPS builds; but the druid PL requirement nixes that, as this build would get monk as the dominant PL class. Druid 10 / monk 9 / ftr 1 is an obvious alternative; I would also consider druid 13 / monk 6 / ftr 1, basically trading Imp Evasion for lvl 6 & 7 druid spells.
    Both the 10/9/1 and the 13/6/1 are what I was thinking of but was wondering what the class split/feat/enhance would look like. And if I should go ether str or wis based. Skills I would guess would be concentration, spellcraft, and balance.

Also this would be the first time I will be going up to 28 so possible ed's would be nice

Community Member

Default Request for a Ranger/ Druid build

Hi,

I've never played the Druid class but I'm working on my completionist project and I would like to get Druid out of the way prior to doing Artificer for the past life bonus.

I would like to go with 12 Druid/ 6 Ranger/ 2 Rogue if possible. I generally solo and this build is going to TR as soon as it hits level 20.

With that in mind, do you have any fun builds that would fit or do you have any advice that my make the Druid live more enjoyable?

Thanks,
    ID

Default request for a PDK Divine Melee

Hey,

I almost finishing my completionist, i just need Cleric, FvS and Sorc PL. For sorc i´ll do a Pally/sorc BF, but im LF a sugestion to do melee Divine with PDK.

+4 Tomes all Stats
    Named Weapon i have 1 Mohrn and Sireth. I Have ingred to do Cormyrian Weps till ML 24 and ingred to craft TF weapon/armor Tier 2.

I prefer a build to melee Ehard and heal EE.

thanks
    Sarlona

Myno - Indigente

Sorry for the lack of a response after the positive feedback but RL has been beating me down hard over the last few weeks. I'm really happy that my long screeds turned out to be so helpful!

TWF STR vs DEX is pretty straightforward to compare since almost all the variables except the stat contribution are the same. Unfortunately comparing the weapon styles is quite complicated. Each does better at slightly different situations, there are significant discrepancies between the available weapons at different levels, and then you throw in the different EDs and things get really messy. I get the impression that right now the order at the high end of play is generally SWF >= TWF > THF >> S&B, but that is not based on hard numbers and does not necessarily apply to more average characters like the ones I play. It would probably take me weeks and writing some simulations to get a real comparison together. It sounds like an interesting project but I'm not sure that I feel that energetic just at the moment.

Right now for self-healing melees I would be looking hard at Bard like everyone else has already suggested. Swashbuckler is rather impressive and the changes to Spellsinger and Warchanter are decent too, although several of the signature WC abilities are bugged so it is harder to recommend it right now. For better or worse the balance of power between all of the Bard options is skewed heavily towards lightly armored SWF Swashbucklers. The 12/6/2 split like MagicalDad suggests is strong, although I would probably go STR-based rather than CHA-based myself as Unbongwah intimated and aim to pick up Overwhelming Critical as an epic feat, or I would also point people to CThruTheEgo the CHA-based pure Bard Count of Monte Cristo as worth a serious look. That build seems like the "best of breed" right now and if I ever go back to my Bard I expect to LR into it myself. The feats are tight and I wouldn't really want to sacrifice anything, but you could make a Dwarf version by dropping Spell Focus: Enchantment and the twist of Enchantment DCs and you ought to do fine in EN/EH content. CHA is also down on a dwarf compared to human but stats like 8/14/14/10/8/16 on a 28-pt build should still be decent.
    Sarlona resident (PureMouse, PlushMouse, [& other little mice], Cryosite)
    Former lurker/resident of Argonessen (Shyelle, Cheyelle, Moonsparkle)

"The first thing you need to do when considering a halfling thrower build, is learn how to bend halflings correctly so that they return." - amnota/Trelaf of Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by TheylostmyID View Post
    I would like to go with 12 Druid/ 6 Ranger/ 2 Rogue if possible. I generally solo and this build is going to TR as soon as it hits level 20.
    It shouldn't be hard to adapt Phidius's build to druid instead of cleric. He hasn't updated it in ages, but the basics are largely the same.

Alternatively, if you think you can live w/out Evasion and rog skills, I would consider something like druid 13 / rgr 6 / ftr 1.

Community Member

Hello, I have 2 (at least) requests. The first someone could probably point me to. I'm going to TR my main into a cleric life, and was thinking of taking 2 rog levels for trapping/evasion. I probably won't stay above 20 for a tremendously long period of time, but I might. I've had a hard time finding a build thread that's not pre-2012, and if someone could point me to a good example, I'd appreciate it. She'll have eaten all +3 tomes, and +5 of Con, I believe, and have PL's Bard, Sorc, FvS, Druid, Barb (or 2 druid, if I forget to LR into a barb before I TR). I would want to have the skills to do elite traps with mostly cannith crafted and challenge gear, and I definitely prioritize healing and casting over melee.

The next is advice on finishing up a fighter life. Right now she's a halfling ftr 6/rog 4/bard 1, which kind of limits her options, I know. I originally planned to go for completionist on this character, starting from the melee lives (she's done barb, is a fighter on this one). I have traditionally done pure lives, but have finally accepted that this just isn't the way for me to get my melee lives in. I hardly ever play this character, and have finally come to accept the fact that I like to heal and cast and find characters that mostly hit things pretty frustrating to play. Even as a sorc, I noticed that I was so much happier playing when I was in a party with no healer and one of the characters ran out of pots, because then I could wand heal someone.

So, for the halfling ftr/rog/bard, I'd like enough bard to be able to feel more like a caster and also try out swashbuckler stuff, but I need to end with more ftr than anything else so this can count as a fighter life. I'm happy to respec enhancements and feats, though I'd rather not use the heart that lets you swap out levels.

Figuring out the best synergies between the classes/enhancements and weapon choices is kind of beyond me.

I *believe* I have the shards banked to make any type of green steel weapon for this character, have int, str, and lavendar ioun stones, chrono and cove gear for most levels. I have a crafting toon with levels in the 90s

Community Member

It shouldn't be hard to adapt Phidius's build to druid instead of cleric. He hasn't updated it in ages, but the basics are largely the same.

Alternatively, if you think you can live w/out Evasion and rog skills, I would consider something like druid 13 / rgr 6 / ftr 1.
    Looks interesting. Thanks!

16. 07-28-2014, 10:35 AM

Community Member

Returning player, been away for 18 months so feel abit lost

I´m looking to build a challengerunner, mainly to get Epic mats to grab TR Hearts with for my TR characters.
    I don't really mind playing any playstyle, but i had a blast running an x-bow Arti before.
    As long as it´s reasonably efficient at running solo content (both for leveling and challenges themselves) and isn't to gearintensive i´ll be intrested in anything the community has to offer. I will most likely just get it up to level and use whatever gear i can craft and find outside of raids. A GS item _might_ be available för the toon at some point.

I have a choise of characters to TR into this proposed job. 1st life wiz, 1st life bard, 1st life arti and (if i grab a few levels) a 1st life cleric. They are sprinkled with +2 tomes, will have access to atleast +3´s if needed for a specific build.

Cheers..
    Khyber4life ~ Heerp Deerp Fleerp Bleerp..

Quote Originally Posted by Horani View Post
    I´m looking to build a challengerunner, mainly to get Epic mats to grab TR Hearts with for my TR characters.
    Have a look at EllisDee37's Challenge Farmer threads:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...allenge-Farmer
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/423615
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/434231

Community Member

Have a look at EllisDee37's Challenge Farmer threads:
    Thanks alot!
    Khyber4life ~ Heerp Deerp Fleerp Bleerp..

Community Member

Default Requesting a Build...

Hey folks, I've spent many hours pouring over these threads and honestly just appreciating how awesome they are, the builds that come out are neat! Unfortunately, I don't have a mind like yours and am requesting help! Hopefully. I was looking to play a sneak attack char, a mixed build and had 12 rogue / 6 monk / 2 fighter(I assume?) in mind, so I could get a little of the things I need from all of those to be a decent player. I'm not really an experienced player, but I suppose I can have access to any bonuses I could gain from the store;i.e. tomes, etc.

I couldn't figure out which race would be best, I was hoping to use bastard swords as I heard there was some kensei enhancement(?) that allows the character to use them and retain his monk ability, something. My memory is foggy at best and I am busy often, unable to research much. Anyways, I'm really just looking for a comfortable build fitting those parameters and hoping you ladies and gents would be able and willing to take part! I've never been past 8th or so level so I can't really offer any future gameplay goals I'd like to accomplish, honestly just looking for something to actually get my attention and suck me into the game, and this gameplay style idea seems the most attractive to me so far! I've made so many characters on Veteran level 4 status playing with crud. Okay, enough talk, thank you in advance if you decide to help!

-Krypt

Quote Originally Posted by kryptkill View Post
    I couldn't figure out which race would be best, I was hoping to use bastard swords as I heard there was some kensei enhancement(?) that allows the character to use them and retain his monk ability, something.
    The Kensei enhancement "One with the Blade" turns your melee Focus weapons into ki weapons, allowing you to remain centered with them. However, it requires at least 8 ftr lvls because Gtr Weapon Focus is one of its pre-reqs; so the build you proposed (rog 12 / monk 6 / ftr 2) couldn't take it. You could use regular ki weapons with that class split (i.e., handwraps, staves, kamas, short swords w/Ninja); though I prefer either rog 13 / monk 6 / ftr 1 or maybe rog 12 / monk 6 / pal 2.

Page 122 of 231 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast