Page 115 of 231 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 4618

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Have a look at the Pale Master Guide.
    Yup... it's nice. For a 36 pt Drow build. How about 28pt f2p?

Quote Originally Posted by revengewraith View Post
    I'm really looking for a mostly ranged solo character. Ideally ranger heavy. I want the rogue in there to be able to do traps on my own. I'm pretty new to the game so I don't know where all the traps are yet. I posted a build thread that I tried to work out on my own, but I didn't get any feedback.

Much appreciated!
    Sorry I don't have a link to ranged solo build that is ideally ranger heavy. If you want a solo ranged character that can do traps I recommend an Artificer if you have access to them and if you don't I personally think they are worth buying. I you are interested in Artificers you can review this thread and in Post #46 you can find recommended 32 point build varients and in post #51 you can see the 32 point build I went with:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...used-artificer

Very soloable and can do pretty much everything including all traps and UMD almost anything without special gear. I have solo'ed most everything on EH with minimal grinding. I personally like to solo in Shadow-Dancer for the Evasion with Insightful reflexes and 25% Incorporeal. You have great quickened self-heals and Improved-Percise-Shot (IPS) & Blade-Barrier tear though lots of EH mobs at once.

Note that I usually solo on Epic Hard with up to 5 "piker" toons at the entrance (I multi-box up to 6 accounts at once but can effectively only play 1 at a time) and this 1st Life 32-point toon handles full party scaling on Epic Hard and below better than any other toon I have (including multi-TRs)... I think this is because it kites well and can grind up a mob of mobs chasing it via Blade Barrier or by targeting the last mob in a train and shooting them all of them at once (via IPS) or ideally both... if things get too hot you can effectively Crowd-control on EH and below & slow things down with both 'Tactical Detonation' & 'Prismatic Strike'.

If that isn't an option for you or you are not interested then I hope someone posts some ranger heavy solo ranged builds for you (sorry I don't have any).

Default builds for Shadar-kai Rogue

I need a Good build for Shadar-kai ( Rogue ) Please Help me..Thanks

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by UtherSRG View Post
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/422622

It's not "pure" Wiz, but it's f2p friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Corwynn_Maelstrom View Post
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/422622

It's not "pure" Wiz, but it's f2p friendly.
    Thanks but no....

Community Member

Default Ardent Defender

The Purpose of this build is to have a S&B defender pally that intimidates and heals well while getting hate from intimidate as well as both damage and healing. Only enough DPS to gain hate, anything else is irrelevant. Also hopefully enough open locks/disable traps to get most of them. This is max build points and max tomes with 2 Paladin past lives. I also want to get as high a max dex bonus as possible for full plate while getting the most out of my Bastard sword and Tower shield. I believe I am close to what I want, but am not 100% sure. The only piece of equipment that is really recommended is the Epic Chimera's Fang. Spot, Search and UMD I think are in about the right places. I am unsure if leveling up is in the best possible order. Lots of suggestions on enhancements are good, especially after the change to them. I want advice on making it the uberest possible, whilst still having a lot of versatility. I am aiming for top or 1st tier category. This is pre equipment (base) character read NOTHING EQUIPPED. Also which spells should I put up for use? Cure Serious Wounds is a no-brainer. Any recommendations to get AC, Dodge and DR higher? Any good ways of getting saves to a good level where they will block important things like flesh to stone or are they good enough? Also this character is meant to be the mine sweeper if that makes any difference. Also I started level 1 with a 14 on everything as that keeps the 1 to 1 point ratio ensuring maximum possible stat points gained, and seeing as how a Paladin requires all 6 stats anyway and does not have a dump stat (Wisdom is needed for will saves at the very least, and adds mp and to your heal skill which improves healing). This requires +5 tomes for all stats to be effective.

Human
    Level 16 Paladin 2 Fighter 2 Rogue 8 epic

Hit Points 480
    Spell Points 375
    BAB 19/19/24/29/29
    Fortitude 26
    Reflex 19
    Will 16

Strength 20
    Dexterity 19
    Constitution 22
    Intelligence 19
    Wisdom 19
    Charisma 22

Skills:
    Balance +16
    Bluff +14
    Diplomacy 37
    Disable Device +16
    Haggle +18
    Hide +12
    Intimidate +40
    Jump +17
    Listen +15
    Move Silently +12
    Open lock +16
    Repair +12
    Search +20
    Spot +20
    Swim +17
    Tumble +16
    Use Magic Device +28
    Concentration +37
    Heal +35
    Spellcraft +12

Level 1 Rogue Feats Dodge and Lesser Dragonmark of the Sentinel bonus to skills on 1st level.
    Level 2 Fighter Feat Exotic Proficiency Bastard Sword.
    Level 3 Paladin Mobility and Follower of the Sovereign Host
    Level 4 Paladin Ability increase Constitution.
    Level 5 Paladin
    Level 6 Paladin Feat Eschew Materials
    Level 7 Rogue
    Level 8 Fighter Ability increase Constitution and Feat Improved Shield Bash
    Level 9 Paladin Feat Shield Mastery
    Level 10 Paladin Feat Unyielding Sovereignty
    Level 11 Paladin
    Level 12 Paladin Ability increase Strength Feat Improved Shield Mastery
    Level 13 Paladin
    Level 14 Paladin
    Level 15 Paladin Feat Two-handed Fighting
    Level 16 Paladin Ability increase Constitution
    Level 17 Paladin
    Level 18 Paladin Feat Improved Two-handed Fighting
    Level 19 Paladin
    Level 20 Paladin Ability increase Charisma
    Level 21 Epic Feat Greater Two-Handed Fighting
    Level 22 Epic
    Level 23 Epic
    Level 24 Epic Ability Increase Charisma Feat Spring Attack
    Level 25 Epic
    Level 26 Epic Feat holy Strike
    Level 27 Epic Feat Blinding Speed
    Level 28 Epic Ability Increase Charisma Feat Elusive Target

Epic Destiny is of course Unyielding Sentinel with at least Endless Faith twisted in. Listening to suggestions on other 2 although Nullmagic Guard seems like an interesting choice. Are there any good ranged attacks to twist in, or am I stuck with something else like Fey Form? And are any of the Divine Crusader abilities good to twist in once we get that ED?

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maddock View Post
    I would really like to have a pure range toon that exploits the sneak attack bonus of both Deepwood and Rogue. First life 32 point builds. Other then that maybe a 8/fighter 6/monk 6/ranger or 8/fighter 6/rogue 6/ranger build.
    If you have access to monk, then something like rog 13 / monk 6 / rgr 1 or rog 8 / monk 6 / rgr 6 would work; unless you're taking the ftr 8 for Keen Edge and One w/Blade.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtherSRG View Post
    Start INT 20 CON 14 with the last two pts where you like; drop the past life feats; I'd recommend taking all three Spell Pen feats (his build only takes one) to make up for not having wiz PL x3. You may also want to consider adding Spell Focus:Evocation somewhere to open up the DC Twist from Draconic.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    If you have access to monk, then something like rog 13 / monk 6 / rgr 1 or rog 8 / monk 6 / rgr 6 would work; unless you're taking the ftr 8 for Keen Edge and One w/Blade.
    How would a rgr 6 /monk 6/ Rogue 8 build look? I really don't know how to navigate around in the new (to me) skill trees so what would be the stat/enhancements/feats and in what order would be best for the lvls in each class? I chose the ftr 8 for the kenshi stuff cause I liked the idea of flat damage that (correct me if i'm wrong) would then get multiplied by the ranged sneak multiplier from both rogue and deepwood. But if the monk would just be an over all better idea then so be it. I just didn't really want to be just another monk archer.

How would a rgr 6 /monk 6/ Rogue 8 build look? I really don't know how to navigate around in the new (to me) skill trees so what would be the stat/enhancements/feats and in what order would be best for the lvls in each class? I chose the ftr 8 for the kenshi stuff cause I liked the idea of flat damage that (correct me if i'm wrong) would then get multiplied by the ranged sneak multiplier from both rogue and deepwood. But if the monk would just be an over all better idea then so be it. I just didn't really want to be just another monk archer.
    My gut is that Kensi for a ranged is too steep of an investment for what you get as you could be centered with Zen Archery anyway and get more from Ranger/Rogue levels/trees... I don't consider myself an expert on all the trees but have only played Kensei for centered melee...

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

I chose the ftr 8 for the kenshi stuff cause I liked the idea of flat damage that (correct me if i'm wrong) would then get multiplied by the ranged sneak multiplier from both rogue and deepwood.
    Sneak atk dmg is unaffected by crits. It is boosted on helpless targets, so if you can squeeze in No Mercy or Sense Weakness it helps.

Main incentive for ftr 8 on monk builds is Keen Edge (+1 crit range) & One w/Blade (centered w/melee focus weapons); but w/Zen Archery you're already centered w/bows, so it isn't necessary. And anyway, you probably want Slaying Arrow, which locks out other T5 abilities.
    I just didn't really want to be just another monk archer.
    Manyshot & 10K Stars have partially shared cooldowns now (IIRC, triggering MS also triggers 10K CD); but it's still good to have both on a ranged-only archer, b/c 10K will still come off cooldown 60 secs before MS does.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Smile

So how would I go about making a rogue/monk/ranger? As i have said I don't really know how to go about skill pointing with the trees and I on't know at what lvls to be which class. so a char build would be very much appreciated.

Default PDK/Fighter Pl build needed

I need a PDK build to solo mostly eh to get the pdk and fighter past lives out of the way out of the way.
    I am not used to melees and that is why I come to the experts builders on the forums.
    I have completionist done, 3 artie,3 monk and 3 ranger past lives done.
    I have the following tomes-(hopefully Friday brings the +5 sup. tome)
    str-3
    dex-4
    con-3
    int-5
    wis-3
    cha-4
    I have a toon of tr gear, mostly ranged heavy repeaters, have some epic khopeshes, have pinion, Nightmare,a tiire 2 achemical gaxe that can easilly be upgraded to tier3 if needed.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    I need a PDK build to solo mostly eh to get the pdk and fighter past lives out of the way out of the way.
    I am not used to melees and that is why I come to the experts builders on the forums.
    I have completionist done, 3 artie,3 monk and 3 ranger past lives done.
    I have the following tomes-(hopefully Friday brings the +5 sup. tome)
    str-3
    dex-4
    con-3
    int-5
    wis-3
    cha-4
    I have a toon of tr gear, mostly ranged heavy repeaters, have some epic khopeshes, have pinion, Nightmare,a tiire 2 achemical gaxe that can easilly be upgraded to tier3 if needed.
    Can make a Kensai repeater build with int and dex base stats. Fighter 8/Artificer 4/rogue 8 Kensai, mechanic, battlengineer, a bit tight on ap but can fit all the kensai line and keen edge for repeaters, mechanic stuff for int to damage and enless fusilade, can fit all the ranged features and even so can fit manyshot for pinion, much better if already have shiradi unlocked but can level through shadowdancer too.

Community Member

So call me greedy but I saw a build that was thought up by the devs that I really want to see a build done for as I would love to run around playing it but I don't really know at what lvls to be which class and what enhancements/feats to take.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    Sunlord
    Concept: Use the power of Light to turn your opponents to dust! This build involves using Light base spells (many of them Spell Like Abilities) with high crit chances to burst enemies. This build focuses on mixing levels with Cleric Divine Disciple enhancements with Angel of Vengance enhancements. The Light spellpower and Light Critical enhancement stack together. Divine Disciple grants the player some powerful SLA (and access to the Sun Bolt spell).
    Class Distribution: 14 Favored Soul, 6 Cleric (best used with Morning Lord; +30 Light Spellpower); becomes feasible right away
    Enhancement/Item Focus: Light Spellpower, Light Spell Critical, Healing (if you off heal), durability, Damage Caster Metamagics.

So call me greedy but I saw a build that was thought up by the devs that I really want to see a build done for as I would love to run around playing it but I don't really know at what lvls to be which class and what enhancements/feats to take.
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    ...Sunlord Concept: Use the power of Light to turn your opponents to dust! This build involves using Light base spells (many of them Spell Like Abilities) with high crit chances to burst enemies. This build focuses on mixing levels with Cleric Divine Disciple enhancements with Angel of Vengance enhancements. The Light spellpower and Light Critical enhancement stack together. Divine Disciple grants the player some powerful SLA (and access to the Sun Bolt spell).
    Class Distribution: 14 Favored Soul, 6 Cleric (best used with Morning Lord; +30 Light Spellpower); becomes feasible right away
    Enhancement/Item Focus: Light Spellpower, Light Spell Critical, Healing (if you off heal), durability, Damage Caster Metamagics.
    Maddock,

The closest I have heard of something like that that build is the ideas that Ancient shared in the "Plus 100% damage builds" thread.

I cross-posted so that maybe Ancient can provide more details but I think his split was 12 FVS/6 Cleric/2 monk.

If anyone knows light builds it is Ancient ...
    Last edited by Nodoze; 02-04-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoze View Post
    Maddock, The closest I have hear of that build is the ideas that Ancient shared in the "Plus 100% damage builds" thread.

I crossposted so that maybe can provide more details but I think his split was 12 FVS/6 Cleric/2 monk.

If anyone knows light builds it is Ancient ...
    Thanks for cross posting for me.

Community Member

Cool Arti Splash: Glancing Blows + Rune Arm!

I'd love to see a build that combines glancing blows with Rune Arm Imbue damage. (Starting at level 15, Rune Arm Imbue IV can do 2-12 extra damage. And starting at level 19, Rune Arm Imbue V can do up to 2-16 extra damage.)

Specifically, the rune arm page states that properties include "Imbuing magical weapon damage to the main hand weapon attacks (and glancing blows with proficient Dwarven War Axe or Bastard Sword use)." So this build would need proficiency in either Bastard Sword or Dwarven War Axe. (Honestly, I have never seen a melee-centered build with rune arm use! They must be rare!)

Two levels of Arti are required to use rune arms. However, I'd give bonus points for going three levels Arti so as to be able to reach level 2 Arti spells. This would allow casting Elemental Weapons, which adds another 1d6 damage of either acid, shock, fire, or cold.

Suggested feats (just suggestions):
    * Two Handed Fighting (Prereq: 15 STR)
    * Improved Two Handed Fighting (Prereq: 17 STR, Two Handed Fighting)
    * Greater Two Handed Fighting (Prereq: 17 STR, Improved Two Handed Fighting)
    * Power Attack (Prereq: 13 STR)
    * Cleave (Prereq: Power Attack)
    * Great Cleave (Prereq: Cleave, BAB 4+)

And, probably, one would have to save a feat for Dwarven War Axe or Bastard sword (unless one made a Dwarf Warrior). That might be as much as seven feats right there.

I know it seems weird to buy all these Two Handed Fighting feats when the plan is to wield a one-handed weapon and a rune arm. However, the wiki explains:

The glancing blows are increased by Two Handed Fighting feat chain and enhancements that increase the effectiveness of them.
    Other Build Requirements:

I want something that has at least decent (passable) trapmonkey skills. Must be able to handle the majority of traps and doors on at least heroic levels.

Aside from that, I suppose the goal should be to make the DPS as high as possible. Either that, or able to escape most damage (via good hide/sneak + Ethereal via PM Wraith Shroud... or something).

Other ideas/suggestions:

* I'd prefer something that's iconic, so it'd start with level 15.

With that in mind, I see both the Purple Dragon Knight and the Bladeforged have the "Great Weapon Aptitude" enhancement, which improves glancing blows. The Purple Dragon Knight has the nice bonus of coming with a bonus feat + extra skill points. (And I have a + heart of wood to remove the 1 Pally level from a Bladeforged.)

* The Barbarian's Frenzied Berserker path has several enhancements that improve glancing blows.

* The Fighter's Kensei path has several enhancements that bolster melee damage. Perhaps "Reed In The Wind" and "Weapon Group Specialization" (tier 2 and/or tier 4)?

* Another idea is to, perhaps, splash some Rogue for Evasion, Dodge, and Sneak Attack damage. (The Evasion is nice for a trapmonkey, too.)

* Or, maybe splash some Wizard for some combination of Pale Master enhancements for survivability + the Eldritch Knight enhancements Eldritch Strike, Spellsword, Improved Mage Armor, and Improved Shield.

(Yes, I'm having a hard time deciding...)

But anything is good. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Oh, and if anyone has seen a build even remotely like this, I'd love to see a link!
    (PS: I do not have half-elf or half-orc yet.)
    Last edited by ThunderCraft; 02-05-2014 at 03:03 PM.
    KHYBER toons: Erelda, Kadreya, Phalla
    GHALLANDA toons: Icebow, Sofria

Clueless player here, returning after more than 2 years of being away. I'm looking for a solo friendly build, since I will mostly be playing alone. I own all races and all classes except for FvS, I also have the 32 point build. I'd prefer a melee centered build, but honestly anything is fine. A bonus would be if I could be my own trapper.

Thanks in advance!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid0xygen View Post
    Clueless player here, returning after more than 2 years of being away. I'm looking for a solo friendly build, since I will mostly be playing alone. I own all races and all classes except for FvS, I also have the 32 point build. I'd prefer a melee centered build, but honestly anything is fine. A bonus would be if I could be my own trapper.

Thanks in advance!
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/423116

This is a melee (TWF) ranger with trapping designed to be f2p accessible. I can't say how good it is as I have not played it, but I can say that the build I am playing (also designed to be f2p) was posted by the same person (EllisDee37) and is working just fine for me as a 28 point build on a fresh server running nothing but Heroic Elites.

Community Member

Default Looking for Advice on this build.

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.20.02
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Sunnsett 
    Level 28 Lawful Good Human Female
    (8 Fighter \ 6 Monk \ 6 Ranger \ 8 Epic) 
    Hit Points: 436
    Spell Points: 216 
    BAB: 18\18\23\28\28
    Fortitude: 21
    Reflex: 15
    Will: 11

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (36 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 28)
    Strength             16                    27
    Dexterity            14                    17
    Constitution         16                    20
    Intelligence         12                    12
    Wisdom               14                    14
    Charisma              8                    10

Tomes Used
    +4 Tome of Strength used at level 1
    +3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 1
    +4 Tome of Constitution used at level 1
    +2 Tome of Charisma used at level 1

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 28)
    Balance               3                    11
    Bluff                 0                     8
    Concentration         5                    19
    Diplomacy             0                     8
    Disable Device        n/a                   n/a
    Haggle                0                     8
    Heal                  4                    33
    Hide                  5                    34
    Intimidate            4                    31
    Jump                  9                    39
    Listen                2                    10
    Move Silently         3                    11
    Open Lock             n/a                  n/a
    Perform               n/a                   n/a
    Repair                1                     9
    Search                1                     9
    Spellcraft            1                     9
    Spot                  2                    10
    Swim                  5                    16
    Tumble                n/a                  12
    Use Magic Device      n/a                   n/a

Level 1 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Human Bonus) Cleave
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Fighter
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Paladin
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Power Attack
    Feat: (Selected) Two Handed Fighting

Level 2 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Human

Level 3 (Monk)
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Deflect Arrows
    Feat: (Selected) Point Blank Shot

Level 4 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons

Level 5 (Fighter)

Level 6 (Monk)
    Feat: (Selected) Great Cleave
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Zen Archery

Level 7 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons

Level 8 (Ranger)

Level 9 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons

Level 10 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Two Handed Fighting

Level 11 (Fighter)

Level 12 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Selected) Adept of Forms
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons

Level 13 (Monk)
    Feat: (Monk Path) Path of Harmonious Balance: Fists of Light

Level 14 (Monk)

Level 15 (Monk)
    Feat: (Selected) Master of Forms

Level 16 (Monk)
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Ten Thousand Stars

Level 17 (Ranger)

Level 18 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Selected) Manyshot

Level 19 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Giant

Level 20 (Ranger)

Level 21 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Great Strength

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Overwhelming Critical

Level 25 (Epic)

Level 26 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Perfect Two Handed Fighting

Level 27 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Ruin

Level 28 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: First Blood
    Level 18 feat Manyshot will be automatically given to you at level 20 or your 6th ranger level giving you an extra feat selection,
    Last edited by krontan; 02-08-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Page 115 of 231 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast