Thread: Client Crash

Unhappy Client Crash

Hello everyone!

I've been wondering if anyone of u had the same problem. Since Server Merge i've been experimenting client crashes that prevents me from having fun with friends. Is there a solution for this, cos i really dun want to uninstall and re-install the program.
    Tryed with spyware, the registry and antivirus. Everythink check out fine.

Plz Help me with this
    Un saludo a todos los compañeros de habla hispana en Khyber!!!

Try this:
    While you ar NOT logged into the game: Go to your My Documents folder and locate the Dungeons and Dragons Online Folder. Go into that folder and backup your ddo.keymap file (don't bother if you haven't changed any key mappings) and any screenshots you may have that you wish to keep. Just copy them out into the My Documents folder.

Then delete that whole Dungeons and Dragons Online folder.

Then log back into the game, enter the world, and then exit the game. You will find a brand new Dungeons and Dragons Online folder. You can drop that keymap file back in.

Go back into the game, detect optimal graphics settings, go to advanced graphics and disable player mesh combining, if enabled, and make any other desired changes to your options. Try to play.
    "Not only are you wrong, but I even created an Excel spreadsheet to show how wrong you are." - James Wyatt, WotC

Turbine Technical Support

This is great advice, but just to be clear:

delete the Dungeons and Dragons Online folder in your My Documents folder, NOT the one in C:\Program Files\Turbine\

Guys, i didn't replayed b4 cos i wanted to try yr solution, but it keeps on failing, i just turned my home computer with a sour flavour on my mouth cos i coudn't play properly.

And now i find my self at work, and i got a mail from turbine saying:
    "It sounds like a file has become corrupt in your DDO installation. Please go to Control Panel > Add Remove programs and remove DDO. After the game has been uninstalled, open My Computer and navigate to the directory DDO is installed into and delete it. By default it is installed into C:\Program Files\Turbine\Dungeons & Dragons Online - Stormreach.
    Once it has been deleted, empty your recycle bin, reboot your computer, and install DDO again."

Hope this is only happening to me, but it seems that for now i will have to erase the DDO in order to be able to play once again in the way we all like.

Thx for yr help!
    Un saludo a todos los compañeros de habla hispana en Khyber!!!