Default Mismailed a nice scimitar to my doppelganger Wildeye

I have a character that used to be named WILDEYE. after the server merge I had to change his name to WYLDEYE. no sweat, its just the way things go.

then in a rush I stupidly mail a +1 holy adamantine scimitar of elf bane (my tempest spine blade) to my old character name (WILDEYE) and now its gone.

my bad I freely admit.

however, I really would like it back if its still out there. I'll refund the plat it costs to mail it if needed.

thanks.
    meh.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

good luck and send wildeye a email maybe hes a decent person. he must have been on in the last bit of time if you had to rename yourself. and if he doesnt you may get your item back in 30 days.

Beware the Sleepeater

I've done this more than a few times. I've actually gotten them back once or twice.

I once mailed a suit of +3 MFP to to 'Kyoko' Instead of my Paladin 'Kyozo'. Realized my mistake as soon as I hit send but... too late. I followed it with an e-mail request much like your post. Hoping for the best. Never got an answer, but since I also added 'Kyoko' to my friends list I saw that he(?) was never on. Time passed, my hope mounted, and 30 days later the mail was returned unopened.

Just a bit of hope for ya. Good luck.
    Zhantain, level 16 Elf Ranger. Twilight Avengers Gold Section
    Gamer at The Ultimate Gaming Table.

One of my guildmates was a recipient of items erroneously mailed to him when mail first came out. He promptly saw that the sender was returned these items. As a result of his honesty I invited him to guild and have never regretted it for one moment. He is fantastic to play with and very enjoyable company.

The point is there are some honest people out there. Here's to hoping that the one who received your items returns them.
    Mythe
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Play what you want to play, and play it well.

i just did this yesterday and made a thread about it, accidently sent "wynter" a +1 ada cs and +2 elven mail, ment to send it to "wyntur"
    \
    Khyber: Tachikoma - Minniee - Oneesan - Ibuqi - Muddii -Tachee - Oneechan
    The Guardians of Golden Gold, because guarding golden gold is serious business

someone accidently mailed me a large number of acnient bronze tokens twice on one of my alts, i sent em back and told the guys both times to be careful and check his spelling next time.
    Proud Officer of the Dwarven Defenders

-Delard Duerthuer, Delicor Duerthuer, Ardak Duerthuer, Whurring Duerthuer, Urval Duerthuer, Lyali Droazoul

he was inactive - got my heirloom blade back!
    meh.

I have sent back items accidently mailed to me (ok only twice) simply stated that they were mistakes.

The one thing I would of appreciated would of been a simple thanks as I COULD of kept them but knew that I wouldnt of liked that done to me. So what I am simply saying is if n when u do get them back please take the few seconds n mail that person. It will go a longggg way

Lynda
    Stupidity is an illness n this vorpal greataxe is the cure!!!
    Radyl MandonDalyn RandomBlayrn Rycie
    KyttenSweetyTrips BloodaxePurrfectKapow Ooops
    Dragon Order of Arcanix....Co-Quartermaster http://thedoa.guildportal.com

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Armathia View Post
    I have sent back items accidently mailed to me (ok only twice) simply stated that they were mistakes.

The one thing I would of appreciated would of been a simple thanks as I COULD of kept them but knew that I wouldnt of liked that done to me. So what I am simply saying is if n when u do get them back please take the few seconds n mail that person. It will go a longggg way

Lynda
    Adding a little plat is a nice gesture too.
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1--2 -3 -4 -5--6 -7 -8--9--10 -11-12 13 14! 15 16 17 years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Definately make sure if you do mistakenly send an e-mail that you follow it up telling the person nicely to return their things.
    But also, if that person does not accept the mail in 30 days the the item gets returned so you are sure to get it back if you make a mistake most of the time anyway.
    Who's the more foolish, the fool or the one who sends it a res.
    Unrestricted free agent
    Khyber
    Characters - Terrah, Elayne, Shiado, Ranok, Rattchet

A friend of mine sent her alt a Vorpal... or tried to. She mistyped the name and sent it off to someone else. She tried to get help from the GMs but they couldn't help her. She hoped that after a month she would get her lovely sword returned to her... but no... Whoever she sent the vorpal to wasn't inactive and wasn't wanting to be nice and honest...
    Riedra(RIP): Joeyjojo(Src16), Joeyjo(Clr16) Joeybot(Brb15/Ftr1), Shabado(Clr16), Shabs(Rng16), Shabadoo(Src15)

If anyone else needs to mismail themselves sumthin...it's a l t a r b o y thanks
    Chaotic Evil:-Baptismoffire-Tantholos-AltarboyBaptism- Sabott -Caneye-DunkachinoThingamabob- Dejay-Cubscout
    “Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word"safe" that I was previously unaware of"; -Douglas Adams