Default The New Loot Mechanics

For those of you who dont know, the Raid Loot Mechanics will change soon. This change does not affect me very much, but I would imagine that PUG group dynamics would change.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarion View Post
    NEW - The primary warded chest in all raids has been converted to the standard format for all chests in DDO. Every player in the raid will have their own treasure generated and assigned to them when they look into the chest. The locking glyphs are no more.

Each character has a 1 in 6 chance to receive a special item from that raid’s loot table. Otherwise, a standard treasure from the maximum treasure table appropriate for that raid will be generated for that character. Players may re-assign any items to other characters in the raid using the new treasure re-assignment feature. This includes any special raid only items.

The raid only items are still bound once they are removed from the chest. A warning confirmation box appears when attempting to grab a bind on acquire raid item from the chest.

In addition, the primary warded chest creates the list of characters that are allowed to loot the chest at the time chest spawns. This list contains all the members of the raid at the time the list was created. Characters not on the list do not have treasure generated for them when they open the chest and may not have items re-assigned to them.

Just to let everyone know.....

Chances that 0 raid loot will drop based on the number of members in the group.

4 man ........ 47%
    6 man ........ 33%
    8 man ........ 23%
    10 man ...... 16%
    12 man ...... 11%

So the other big change is that small raid groups will not be very profitable, if the group agrees to share loot as was commonly done with the glyph raid loot system.

Otherwise, you will have a 17% chance to get raid loot on your character but the chances of something you want or need are far less. Around 1% to get one specific item from a particular raid.

Basically the best way IMHO to try and ensure raid loot goes to a character who needs and can use items is to run 12 man raids within a guild where everyone trusts one another and can be relied upon to trade items so the caster gets a caster item and the melee gets the weapon or armor. Probably already obvious to most folks already, but the numbers help to understand the exact situation I do believe.

This is Mythrir/Coltrane btw, too lazy to put in a sig....LOL.

What this probably means is you are going to see some more people leave the game. For several people out there the game is about solely running raids now. If they make running raids less attractive inevitable people will quit. I dont agree with your conclusion about 12 person raids generating more raid loot opportunities. There is always the factor of who has what. If somebody has the specific loot they will not be interested in it and hence a loot found in a four man is far more likely to be availlable then a loot found in a 12 man because their are more people to spread it around to.. In addition some loot is worth more then other loot.. example is the madstone boots in the reaver vs. the tenderizer.. It does mean that 12 man raids have gained in attractiveness in comparison to 4 man in regards to loot..

Norg
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Default Kind of

It cant really be denied one of the main reasons small raids are so attractive is higher chance of the individual getting loot. Those to profess to use the need before greed method on a 4man are kind of funny. Theres really nothing greedier than that. Im sure some will profess the challenge of smaller raids and the closer camaraderie as reasons for smaller raids but the number one reason is high chance of loot. I think it doesnt change much. People will still run raids just include more as there is no danger to their own personal raid ambitions. In fact since the 12 man does offer more opportunities I see guilds working closer together in order to put a decent 12 out of the gate and the rise of pug raids for the casual player. It does hurt the soloers no question. But maybe its weird in a mmo to have raids soloed. Dunno. Cant really knock the new system until we see it implemented. Already I have seen a post by Graal indicating that he liked the idea of increasing raid loot drop by difficulty.

Guess there will be no point to raiding anymore. This will KILL the game. Bye bye DDO, I'll be happy if it lasts another year.
    Boldrin//Grandmaster Flash//Cartaras
    Plucky // Whipping //Malachus
    Juxta//Pigsticker//Stealyour// Internet
    Proud member of Loreseekers

Quote Originally Posted by Boldrin View Post
    Guess there will be no point to raiding anymore. This will KILL the game. Bye bye DDO, I'll be happy if it lasts another year.
    Hmmm....I'll still be here. Some of look at raiding as secondary.

I would like to point out that more people generally doesnt mean more efficient. Case in point, TF.

Default Good thing

Good thing I dont play this game to be efficient.

Default the importance of POP for the power gamer

A side effect of the reduction of raid loot will be the continuing emergence of loot runs for places such as pop. I personally have run pop well over 120 times or so primarily because of those +1 loot weekends. I am pretty sick of pop, tbf, and other loot runs, but true power gamers will forsake raids and just run pop runs instead. The odds of getting a wounding puncturing rapier, kardin's eye, etc., will never be greater in comparison to raid loot so why run a raid such as the dragon or the titan where there is very little chance to get any raid loot when you can just run 3-5 pop runs in the same time frame. This signals the end of the titan, dragon, and dq raid in reality as they take far too long and have been done by most people at least 10 times.

Furthmore, two weapon fighting types will have the advantage over the sword of shadows barbarians because wounding puncturing rapiers drop, but sword of shadows will not.. hehe.

Norg
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.