Default The Ranged Fury, an Evasive Elven Archer

I’m reposting my evasion elven archer concept. Constructive criticism is welcomed!
    =============================================
    The Ranged Fury, an Evasive Elven Archer

Neutral Good, 32pt Elf, 2Ranger/10Fighter/2Rogue

S 24 (16base+2Fighter enhancement+1Tome+5Item) –or- 26 with Rage potion
    D 32 (20base+3Levels+2Elf enhancements+1Tome+5Item)
    C 18 (12base+1Tome+5Item) – or- 20 with Rage potion.
    I 8 (8base)
    W 10 (8base+2Nightforge helm)
    CH 8 (8base)

Elven Racial Abilities: Immunity to sleep, +2 saves vs. enchantment spells, +2 racial bonus to listen, search, and spot skill checks.

Class Granted Feats: Simple (all) and marital (all) weapon proficiencies, Armor (all) and Shield (all) proficiencies,
    Favored enemy (giants or evil outsiders), Bow strength, Rapid shot, Two weapon fighting. Sneak attack (+1d6), Evasion. Can use any wand that a ranger can if minimum class level is met.

Level Feats:
    (1) Point blank shot
    (3) Dodge
    (3, Fighter bonus) Mobility
    (4, Fighter bonus) Shot on the Run
    (6) Many shot
    (6, Fighter bonus) Precision
    (8, Fighter bonus) Improved critical: ranged
    (9) Precise shot
    (10, Fighter bonus) Weapon focus: ranged
    (12) Improved precise shot
    (12, Fighter bonus) Weapon specialization: ranged

Enhancements
    (Level/Class/Enhancements Selected)
    1: Ranger Elven ranged damage I, Ranger sprint I, Ranger favored damage I
    2: Ranger Ranger DEX I, Elf enchantment resist I
    3: Fighter Elven DEX I, Fighter critical accuracy I, Fighter haste Boost I
    4: Fighter Elven ranged attack I, Fighter STR I
    5: Fighter Elven enchantment resistance II
    6: Fighter Fighter critical accuracy II, Fighter attack boost I
    7: Fighter Elven ranged damage II
    8: Fighter Elven DEX II
    9: Fighter Fighter STR II, Elven enchantment resist II
    10: Fighter Elven ranged attack II
    11: Fighter Fighter critical accuracy II, Fighter attack boost II
    12: Fighter Fighter haste boost II
    13: Rogue Rogue sneak attack training I, Rogue damage boost I, Rogue spot I, Ranger spot I, Ranger jump I
    14: Rogue Rogue sneak attack accuracy I, Ranger Favored enemy resistance I

Skills:
    Jump 25 (17base+7STR+1Ranger)
    Spot 21 (17base+0WIS+2Elf+1Ranger enhancement+1Rogue enhancement)
    Tumble 13 (2base+11DEX)
    Balance 13 (2base+11DEX)

Hit Points: 214 w/o false life items (i.e., 20Heroic+16Ranger+100Fighter+12Rogue+56Constitutio n+10Draconic)

Saves:
    Fortitude 17 (+3Ranger+7Fighter+0Rogue+4CON +3C06 resistance trinket)
    Reflex 24 (+3Ranger+3Fighter+3Rogue+11DEX+4Trapblast goggles)
    Will 8 (+0Ranger+3Fighter+0Rogue+0WIS+5Nightforge helm) or 13 vs. Enchantment spells.

Armor Class:
    10 (Wearing robes)
    +11 DEX
    +4 Waterworks bracers
    +1 Dodge feat
    +4 Shield spell clicky
    +3 Bark skin potion
    --------------------------------------
    33 Base. Note that this low AC could be improved with protection items, e.g., +5 bracers, +5 heavy steal shield, etc. which are common enough now days, but as a ranged character with a high striding item+heavy fortification item+shot on the run+evasion…plan on staying out of melee!).

Base Attack Bonus: 13/13/18/23

Silver Bow (+2longbow, 1d10 base damage, +2d6 Holy, 19-20 crit --> 17-20 once improved critical: ranged feat taken!, x3; This will be the primary weapon until greater bane bows are obtained)
    13 Base Attack Bonus
    +2 Elf bow attack
    +11 DEX
    +3 Silver bow with +3 House D returning arrows
    +1 Weapon Focus: Ranged
    ----------------------------------------
    To hit: 30 Base; 31 if with in close range; 34 with precision turned on.

Base Damage:
    1d10 (Silver Bow)
    +3 (Silver Bow with +3 House D returning arrows)
    +2 Elf ranged damage II
    +7 STR
    +2 Weapon specialization: Ranged
    ----------------------------------------
    Base: 1d10 +14 (misc. modifiers) = 15-24; 45-72 on critical hit (20% chance/arrow)
    vs. Evil opponents: 15-24+2d6Holy = 17-36; 47-84 on critical hit.

Note: +2 damage vs. favored enemy; +1d6+2 sneak attack damage when flanking.

Note that if required, with the 26 strength (after quaffing a Rage potion), you can pull the lever in VONS5. What about melee? This build will make an adequate showing after equipping your favorite 1-handed melee weapon+shield – but only as a last resort- this build is all about ranged attack.

================================================== ==========================
    Alternative build plan: 2Ranger/12 fighter. First two levels you would select the ranger, with all subsequent level-ups as a fighter. This alternative build would not afford evasion, but would instead have a slightly more potent ranged attack. That is, the enhancements selected at Rogue level ups would instead be: (at level 13) none selected, (level14) Critical accuracy IV, Fighters STR III. Bonus feat obtained as a level 12 fighter would be: Greater weapon specialization: Ranged.
    Current Lineup: Daemonis, Jagannath, Engineered, & Nekromanteia

Heard alot of negatives about Shot on the Run.

I for one have a ranger bow build without shot on the run and i have zero problems hitting mobs in quests and raids so it always seemed like a bad use of a feat.

Thats just my opinion on the matter and maybe my high dex is helping my to-hit but im open to hearing those in favor of shot on the run.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

*removed, either it's changed or I have a bad memory*

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstone View Post
    Heard alot of negatives about Shot on the Run.

I for one have a ranger bow build without shot on the run and i have zero problems hitting mobs in quests and raids so it always seemed like a bad use of a feat.

Thats just my opinion on the matter and maybe my high dex is helping my to-hit but im open to hearing those in favor of shot on the run.
    I have 2 characters that have Shot on the Run. Mind you, they are both Ranged Rangers that were created when you needed Shot on the Run to move and shoot.

I have no issue with Shot on the Run. I am leveling up a melee Ranger that will be good with a bow that will not have Shot on the Run ( I don't foresee an issue).

I was going to roll-up a 32-pt Elven Archer that was going to have all of the Ranged feats (Shot on the Run included). I've since put it on the back burner. I want to level up my current toons first.

EDIT (working overnight gives you a lot of time to think on non-work related things)

I may just reroll my Ranger/Rogue as a 32-pt build. I'd drop Shot on the Run and Point Blank Shot for Iron Will and Toughness. Eventually I'd pick up Improved Critical: Ranged and Piercing to go along with Weapon Finesse, Dodge, Mobility and Skill Focus: UMD along the way to level 20.
    Last edited by WeiQuinn; 08-05-2007 at 02:52 AM.
    Gammor Barb 9 Longthorne Barb 16 Luceille Bard 17 Neckron Rngr 8 Rog 1 Rovino Blightcaster 9 Ryeva 2 Druid 12 Shandrea Ranger 2 Rogue 1 Solegiallo Cleric 15 Syris Rngr 18 Rog 1 Barb 1 Torsade Paladin 10
    Vaconmorte Dark Hunter 6 Rog 2 Weiquinn Ranger 20

Very similar to my build, except I use 2 less dex for 2 more str. I suggest taking UMD ranks with your rogue levels.

Also, you won't need precision, ever. I specced it in out of curiousity and quickly swapped it back out. Instead, take weapon focus: ranged at level 6 and greater weapon focus: ranged at level 10 instead.
    The Free Companions
    Eurytos, Eury, Furytos, Eurytrikos, Durytos, Alternate, Grid, Gridd, Radic, Narayana
    "I don't set goals, because if I set goals, I set limits for myself."