Thread: Help

Default Help

I have just returned to my fvs and having taken him out for a wander last night realised that .....he's just not very good at level.
    He's a level 20 melee specced fvs , but although he has great survival potential, things just take soooooooo long to beat down.
    Oh yes, human, longsword and shield, feels pretty , well, boring. I am obviously missing something. Help please. TYVM in advance
    TYRS PALADIUM.....Officer. If you think there must be more to the game than pugging, come on and joinTYRS! Willibold Fighter/Wilibold monk /Tooflower monkftr/rogue /Hesteban fvs /Machiavehli druid/ Commabayou bard /Greenbolts ranger/Dramoh arti /Dragbat bard /Covemonster Paladin/A Pherzackerly wizard/Asimovsbayne barb/Pardoner/Cottelettedporc cleric/ftr /

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

As you've probably realized, S&B DPS is the weakest of all styles unless you have Vanguard or Swashbuckler PrE. Obviously, that's not an option for a pure FvS. LRing into a TWF build would help, but honestly Warpriest is too weaksauce to be viable in epics, IMO.

FYI, in the latest Producer's Letter, Severlin said Favored Soul improvements were coming soon. Looks like U33 will be all about monks, though, albeit with some new deity choices; so it'll probably be U34 or U35 when FvS gets buffed.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Ty Ubongwah, appreciated that might be the case, but was hopeful of short term solution. TWF looks to be my best bet on a quick LR. TYVM.
    TYRS PALADIUM.....Officer. If you think there must be more to the game than pugging, come on and joinTYRS! Willibold Fighter/Wilibold monk /Tooflower monkftr/rogue /Hesteban fvs /Machiavehli druid/ Commabayou bard /Greenbolts ranger/Dramoh arti /Dragbat bard /Covemonster Paladin/A Pherzackerly wizard/Asimovsbayne barb/Pardoner/Cottelettedporc cleric/ftr /