Thread: Gear advice

Default Gear advice

I am currently running with max stat items (other than INT)
    Have false life and vitality
    have feather fall and max resist
    Have a GS cloak with some HP and DeX skills (had rogue on last life)
    Have nimble trinket for 20% blur

Running with heavy plate and a shield
    have an impulse scepter

No striding but plenty of ex retreat clickies

I am pure fvs with evoker spec

What AH source able gear is worth me picking up?
    What gear is worth me farming for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fav Quote of All Time
    A Friend is someone who will help you move... A Best Friend is someone who will help you move a BODY!

I don't know what level you are but this: http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Sage%27s_Cuffs_(Level_15) is great to have for Blade Barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    I don't know what level you are but this: http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Sage%27s_Cuffs_(Level_15) is great to have for Blade Barrier.

Level 12
    A Friend is someone who will help you move... A Best Friend is someone who will help you move a BODY!

Kinetic lore of course as I was focusing just on the regular damage

Crits are important too

Community Member

Why heavy plate? FVS have only medium proficiency; did you take a feat or splash for heavy proficiency? If you don't have proficiency, you get penalties to your melee attacks and don't get BAB added to your PRR. At level 12, your PRR BAB bonus from medium should be 4 + 0.75*12*2/3 = 10, exactly the base bonus of heavy over medium. As your BAB increases past this point, heavy loses you PRR if you don't have proficiency.

Do you have +DC and Spell Pen sticks for your casting? Have you got open yellow augment slots to put in DC augments? Edit: you're too low level for these.

Can you fit in Good Luck somewhere (can be Cannith-crafted)?
    Last edited by Thalone; 07-31-2015 at 09:04 AM.
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Quote Originally Posted by Thalone View Post
    Why heavy plate? FVS have only medium proficiency; did you take a feat or splash for heavy proficiency? If you don't have proficiency, you get penalties to your melee attacks and don't get BAB added to your PRR. At level 12, your PRR BAB bonus from medium should be 4 + 0.75*12*2/3 = 10, exactly the base bonus of heavy over medium. As your BAB increases past this point, heavy loses you PRR if you don't have proficiency.

Do you have +DC and Spell Pen sticks for your casting? Have you got open yellow augment slots to put in DC augments?

Can you fit in Good Luck somewhere (can be Cannith-crafted)?
    Pure so no splash
    I took a feat as I wanted the durability at lower levels--- I do understand about penalties lol
    it's due for a respec to be honest

I assume no-one ever uses things they aren't prof. WITH but I am old skool pnp so I guess thee are newbie ddo players that don't get that

I appreciate I am a asking g for gear advice but I have played the game awhile., just never am FVS before so I am down on knowledge in fvs gear