Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lamannia Coordinator

Default Lamannia is now Online with the Early Enhancements Preview

I am excited to announce the following additions to Lamannia:
    • Select Enhancement trees are now on Lamannia!
      • This is a VERY early look at Enhancements! There will be Bugs.
      • All Racial Trees are available.
      • Select Class Enhancement Trees are available: We will focus on the Artificer, Cleric, Fighter, and Ranger Trees this week.
    • A new way to submit bugs!
      • We have a new bug submission form for Live and Lamannia. Please submit bugs with this new form!
      • PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use the NEW Bug submission form. The new system makes it a lot easier for us to view your bugs!
    • Surveys on the new Enhancements to gather your feedback!
      • These are to help me present your thoughts and responses to the Devs!
    • The Test Dojo is now Open on Lamannia!
      • The Test Dojo is a glorious place with The Guide, Vendors, Trainers, Gear, and More!
      • Since you will have access to more items and leveling up will be easier, we will be able to focus on feedback oriented events!

Also view the Updated Release Notes and Updated Known Issues.
    In particular, please note this Known Issue: LAMANNIA ONLY: Grouping functionality is currently not available on Lamannia. You may only enter a quest when not in a party. This is not intended for the alpha and will be fixed very soon in another update to Lamannia.
    Last edited by SqueakofDoom; 04-11-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    I am excited to announce the following additions to Lamannia:
    I get an error clicking on your bug form link.

EDIT: The link is wrong (has some extra character at the beginning)

should be http://ddobugs.turbine.com/ics/suppo...c&deptID=24037
    Last edited by Krelar; 04-11-2013 at 11:23 AM.

Link(In my quote, not origional) fixed?
    Hart o Gold Hart o Song
    14 RaS , 6 SaD Guildmaster
    Heroes of Gallifrey | Sarlona
    14 KoTC, 5 DWS 1 Ftr

The Hatchery

"Firefox can't find the server at www.xn--http-fb7a.com."

Fixed: http://ddobugs.turbine.com/ics/suppo...eptID=24037%94

[*] The Test Dojo is now Open on Lamannia!
    • The Test Dojo is a glorious place with The Guide, Vendors, Trainers, Gear, and More!
    • Since you will have access to more items and leveling up will be easier, we will be able to focus on feedback oriented events!
    Finally! This is awesome and will improve a lot the options for real bug checkers

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Hart View Post
    Link(In my quote, not origional) fixed?
    Good job, +1.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this <--- 2020 edition!

The Hatchery

You don't have a bug report option for "Game mechanics". Should I just put "mob sound detection is broken" under "other"?

Lamannia Coordinator

Default Thank you!

I fixed the bug submission link!

Logged in and fiddled with the new enhancements for a bit honestly I don't like it at all. everything has a million pre required things to use and half of it is nerfed original stuff less then half what it use to be with the same costs. the rework on the skills system is interesting heal/repair/spellcraft revives the use off the skills but its just something else to waste skill points on and its not like there handing out more points so its a nerf. looks like they got a lot of work to do to make this system even viable and its going to outrage a lot of players this could make or break ddo. I will be watching to see how things pan out but the way things are looking is making my wallet snap shut and lock it self.

What you are seeing (soon) is an early preview. Things definitely may change from what you see here. We know some stuff isn't ready for live at this time but we'd still like your feedback on it.

We'd love for many people to play with these in game into the weekend and fill out the surveys for targeted feedback.

We understand that not all feedback is something everyone wants to post publicly on these forums, so we encourage private feedback on the surveys if you prefer as well.

Surveys!
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=4979238

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by brickwall View Post
    Logged in and fiddled with the new enhancements for a bit honestly I don't like it at all. everything has a million pre required things to use and half of it is nerfed original stuff less then half what it use to be with the same costs. the rework on the skills system is interesting heal/repair/spellcraft revives the use off the skills but its just something else to waste skill points on and its not like there handing out more points so its a nerf. looks like they got a lot of work to do to make this system even viable and its going to outrage a lot of players this could make or break ddo. I will be watching to see how things pan out but the way things are looking is making my wallet snap shut and lock it self.
    As someone who isn't able to log onto Lamannia, "million pre reqs" and "nerfed stuff" is not really helpful.

Community Member Buttkierownsmade's Avatar

squeak were is the door to the dojo located? i cant get on I am at school away from home so...
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Buttkierownsmade View Post
    squeak were is the door to the dojo located? i cant get on I am at school away from home so...
    Try following the link in her post, it tells you everything you need to know...

Quote Originally Posted by brickwall View Post
    Ok ppl. Please be specific. This is not really helping any of us (players & devs).

Question Descriptions please

Quote Originally Posted by Drona View Post
    Ok ppl. Please be specific. This is not really helping any of us (players & devs).
    Please could we have release notes/tree descriptions/enhancement descriptions or something that could help us who are not conected to Lamania due to work to be able to know the new system.

Plllllllllleeeeeeaaaase

Community Member Buttkierownsmade's Avatar

WELL DOONE SQUEAAAKK!! <3 oh and thanks Krelar!
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

Quote Originally Posted by Buttkierownsmade View Post
    WELL DOONE SQUEAAAKK!! <3 oh and thanks Krelar!
    I've seen some more posts by you, you seem truly in love with Squeak
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

The problem with "trees" is that where before you might have taken any enhancement with no pre requisites besides "10 AP spent", now you might have to take 3 or 4 enhancements to "climb the tree" to the one that used to require none.

While this works for ED's ED's weren't an already established and integral part of character builds, introducing them with lots of interdependency was not a problem. Creating new interdependency where it didn't exist before, in already established builds is a big problem.

My FvS AA has exactly 1 discretionary AP left after taking pre-reqs, and even that required me to redo her enhancements several times to get everything. So TWO AP WORTH of new previously unneeded pre-req will be the end of that build. She literally wont be able to afford one of her PrE's due to a missing pre req.

Once again, please grandfather the old system, or carefully make sure that all old enhancements have the same opportunity costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    As someone who isn't able to log onto Lamannia, "million pre reqs" and "nerfed stuff" is not really helpful.
    Consider that to have Radiant Burst and Aura, for a Cleric you have to spend AT LEAST 44 points in the Healing tree, 6 of which ( at minimum ) are for basically useless things that you have to take to make some padding to your point spent count.

Edit : oh and with only 44 points spent in tree you won't come near what you used to be able as a Radiant Servant II before the update. 50ish point seems to be what you have to spend to come near that.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jggbear View Post
    Please could we have release notes/tree descriptions/enhancement descriptions or something that could help us who are not conected to Lamania due to work to be able to know the new system.

Plllllllllleeeeeeaaaase
    Yes please, just some 'patch notes' for the new enhancements...we cant all be on Lamm, but we also cant afford to just "figure it out when it hits Live" either...

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

For the Dojo: Since the door is not a permenant fixture, you wills oemtimes come across where it is not there. If that is the case, do a who search for everyone. If there are people listed in the dojo, send them a tell requesting a summon via a friends braclet. This will get you inside. Please do the same for others.

Usually someone is kind enough to open a LFM saying join to get into the dojo, and they will summon you.

Note: The dojo lags massively when all the loot on the floor expires and is cleaned up.

For the quest bug: maybe the same friends bracelet thing can work there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast