Lamannia Coordinator

Default Lamannia coming down for a new build

Lamannia will be brought down for an update to U16p1. Lamannia will be down on Thursday, December 6 from 10am to 2pm EST (GMT -5)

Release Notes: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=376774

Lamannia Coordinator

Lamannia is back up and running.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I see two interesting additions to release notes.

NEW: Fixed a physics problem that could allow players, monsters, and NPCs to slip through the wall or floors and become stuck or fall through the world.
    Yay! (Assuming it works)

NEW: Overall experience for the quest "House of Rusted Blades" has been increased - base experience for the quest has been reduced, but the experience for the optional objectives has been increased even more.
    Not surprised the quest got changed , I imagine we'll see a lot of farming lfms this weekend (especially with the epic xp bonus)

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Not surprised the quest got changed , I imagine we'll see a lot of farming lfms this weekend (especially with the epic xp bonus)
    I'm surprised. It's ludicrous imo it will only have a purely negative impact on the game.

What the devs don't seem to get at all lately when they keep nerfing only individual content on XP:

It only rudes the fun of the game for the majortiy of players, as most do what they see LFMS for, and the LFMs will only get made for quests which have the greatest reward/time ratio.

By destroying one quest, when there are at least 4 others which offer the same if not better xp/min, all you do is ruin the game by forcing players into an even smaller set of content. (Not to mention challenges, which were always far behind all of these quests and have been utterly destroyed by this terrible decisions)

Horrible game design. How they have not figured out these basic things 6+ years into the game is astounding.

Devs, you have access to massive amounts of feedback. I personally listed all the top XP quests months ago and explained exactly what gets ran.. Yet this happens. No effort, no reward.

The game gets worse, the devs continue to not listen to feedback. Whats the point.

So next patch everyone runs the higher xp/min Death undone (or one of 2 other quests with the same xp/min if you changed that one too) instead of having the choice between it and rusted blades... Thats an improvement? Not seeing it. Limit the content worth running and you limit the players variety, fun and interest in playing your game.

On the bright side I do appreicate the effort to at least give a bone at the same time as doing the nerf, so at the very least players who run the quest to 100% completion (EG: 0.0001% of runs) will not get nerfed, thats good.. But minor.
    Last edited by Shade; 12-06-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Nice job on the belly xp bump. I do not mind running something else for farming other then rusted blades which is getting old. So If I started running death undeath or the farmhouse for a while instead that works for me.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

The XP system in this game is horribly broken and the only thing that has mitigated this failure has been the 'busted' XP awards from 3 or 4 quests.

Fix the Destiny XP system first, rather than making changes that make the game worse overall in the name of consistency.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Hero
    2015 Movember Hero

CTD'd the first 3 times I tried to log in after this build and I rarely (once a year ish) have this happen. Is something going on with the server?