Random observations after Tuesday's episode

Stop reading if you haven't seen the 5/18 episode and don't want it spoiled.

• Jack being chosen as the replacement is too "easy". Jacob said 'for as long as you can'. That may mean something.
  • If MiB wants to destroy the island, isn't that mission-accompished in the Flash-sideways world? If the island is the cork in the bottle of evil, doesn't it mean that the FS world is the "horrible very bad no good place" that Jacob said would happen if MiB escaped? It doesn't look that bad to me.
  • Islands don't sink when they have atomic weapons detonated above them. The only island I know of that sunk was Atlantis.
  • I find it incredibly hard to believe that Ben is really MiB's lackey now. And I find it hard to believe that MiB actually believes it.
  • There's no way Mother could have killed all those people and caused all that destruction by herself. Either she's a smoke monster too, or she has the ability to control them. I wonder if we'll see her again
  • I presume we'll see Juliet in the finale, and it will be intersting what happens with Sawyer and Jack at that point
  • I am troubled by the fact that both MiB and Hurley can see dead people. I do not like the implications of that synchronicity, except that possibly if MiB was "supposed" to be the protector of the Island, perhaps Hurley is "supposed" to be the protector in the same way
  • Jacob's meddling is what made Sawyer a con man. It's what put Hurley in a looney bin, and it's what kept Locke from knowing his father, and Miles from knowing his
  • Why was (real) Locke able to walk when he landed on the island? Is that part of the reveal? I hope so.
  • I understand that because children grow up, we'll never probably see what happened to Walt, but it would be nice to know if there really was something special about him