Community Member

Default Petition: Allow options for the "classic" settings of the game

yes you can adjust different things about color and so forth, but not for sound.

both certain things about the comment and the noice of comment really make me cringe. i much prefer the old system. i understand you are trying to appeal to a new base of players, but can we get an option at least to leave things as they were in terms of audio and color?

at least this way we have an option if we don't want all the obnoxious banging when you hit armor, or don't want our combat to show orange numbers when we hit someone.

am i alone in this? i'm just not feeling the new settings.

What was changed?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by drachine View Post
    yes you can adjust different things about color and so forth, but not for sound.

both certain things about the comment and the noice of comment really make me cringe. i much prefer the old system. i understand you are trying to appeal to a new base of players, but can we get an option at least to leave things as they were in terms of audio and color?

at least this way we have an option if we don't want all the obnoxious banging when you hit armor, or don't want our combat to show orange numbers when we hit someone.

am i alone in this? i'm just not feeling the new settings.
    They didn't advertise it, but you can turn off some of the new changes if you dig around in the options for them. I didn't like the new noises at first and the numbers either, but after a while I got used to them and even like them.

At first I thought them too cartoony. But I turned down the volume slider for the effects and being less loud, they're more similar to the old effects, or perhaps the differences are just less noticable.

The numbers I find comical now, as after leaving a fight you often have a stream of combat notifications streaming from your head for a few seconds after everything is dead, as it's trying to catch up *grin*