Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DDOcast Episode 134

Hi everyone! Episode 134 of DDOcast is now ready to go. Here's a LINK to the episode - just left-click to play, right-click and 'save as' to download as an mp3.

This week's show features guest co-hosts Carliee, Xiloscient, Rowanheal and Steiner-Davion where we talk the latest news about the launch of DDO:U. There's also an interview with Kotels and Kudesnik from the Extreme Explorers permadeath guild on Sarlona, Samius talks raid loot controversies on "Sound Concepts, Rheebus gives us ten reason why Stormreach needs health care reform and Dulcinea has her first new player segnet: "The Stormreach Lighthouse"! Thanks so much for listening.

###

:10 Intro
    2:50 F2P Launch and Thoughts
    9:00 Bugs...
    15:25 F2P Signup and Video
    19:30 Ad blitz underway
    20:29 Slogan more/accounts/odds and ends
    21:30 Banking
    24:23 My.DDO.com
    46:16 Xfire contest
    46:56 Kotaku, Mersky and TPs sold
    57:12 Robi 3.0 New Player Guide
    58:49 Press
    59:20 handwraps
    1:01:45 Tralese Survey, PAX writeup by Memnir
    1:04:10 Stormreach Lighthouse by Dulcenea amd Quixote
    1:07:55 Five more New Player tips
    1:15:10 kitty alert!!!!
    1:18:06 Rheebus Top Ten
    1:22:05 Sound Concepts
    1:30:30 Extreme Explorers Interview - Permadeath
    1:49:56 Mortal Voyage Video
    1:51:35 Sir Aggravator Video
    1:51:15 Naming contest!

END

TOTAL TIME: 2:01:20

###

LINK to sign up to play DDO. LINK to an alternate url to sign up.

LINK to info about My.DDO.com.

LINK to the Xfire DDO Community.

LINK to Turbine's official video for the launch of DDO:U.

LINK to Robi 3.0's New Player Helful Information.

LINK to Kokumuo's new player blog.

LINK to Tralese's DDO survey results.

LINK to the new Mortal Voyage video on YouTube.

LINK to Sir Aggravator's new video on YouTube "The Ballard of Aggerson."

Press links:

The Escapist

Kotaku

Destructoid

WarCry

Massively

Brighthub

Gamespot

LINK to the Extreme Explorers web site.

Jerry
    Last edited by Mockduck; 09-13-2009 at 12:58 PM.
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

Thanks for the plug! I only have one concern my name is pronounced Row-bee.
    I know it doesn't look like that is how it is pronounced, but it is. I guess I just like to be difficult.

edit: I believe the clue about mod one in the marketplace has to do with the performers behind the tent. If you cast true seeing on yourself you can see that the three performers have some kind of crab like thing on their heads. Some form of mind control? Maybe.
    Last edited by Robi3.0; 09-13-2009 at 08:53 AM.
    there's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans on seeing tomorrow then there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap.

Thanks for doing this, it was great to be on the show. Also, great job guest hosting Carliee! Awesome episode.

Here is a link to the EE website:

http://extremeexplorers.guildportal.com

Proud Leader of Extreme Explorers Permadeath Guild on Sarlona. Check us out at http://extremeexplorers.guildportal.com

Quote Originally Posted by Robi3.0 View Post
    Thanks for the plug! I only have one concern my name is pronounced Row-bee.
    I know it doesn't look like that is how it is pronounced, but it is. I guess I just like to be difficult.

edit: I believe the clue about mod one in the marketplace has to do with the performers behind the tent. If you cast true seeing on yourself you can see that the three performers have some kind of crab like thing on their heads. Some form of mind control? Maybe.
    Wow, I didn't know that. I'll have to check it out. I bet you are right. Huh, ROW-bee. I guess I needed a pronouncer. That's the problem when trying to read names, it's easy to get them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghirmeshk View Post
    Thanks for doing this, it was great to be on the show. Also, great job guest hosting Carliee! Awesome episode.

Here is a link to the EE website:

http://extremeexplorers.guildportal.com
    Oops! Forgot to add the link. I've added it now. Sorry about that. Thanks for being on the show.

I also need to correct something - it wasn't Deneithan Longstaff that came up with Fruitloop the Cereal Killer, rather, it was Fpoon/Psychonaut. He's a guildie of Deneithan's, but I had just copied over a part of his email into the show notes and misread it.
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

mentioned this in the comments on ddocast.com, but I wanted to put it here too

Trip/Sunder:

You get Trip and Sunder when your character has +1 Base Attack Bonus, not at level 1.
    The poster formerly known as San'tar...

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Don't make me pull this forum over and come back there

Talking Gr8 job !!!

Gr8 Job ppl !!!

Luved the bit about "Loot Envy" but moreso the bit about ....

PERMADEATH !!!! YAY!!!

*cue sound of crowd cheering in the background*

I am a new convert to Permadeath and I luv it, luv it LUV IT !!! It has given me a new lease in DDO life.

I am a new member of Extreme Explorers and I can personally vouch for them as a gr8 group of ppl to be guilded with.

Permadeath itself will make the game a more real experience for you, it is not always slower but definitely slower than a Zerg. You will learn how to play by tactics and as a team. We survive because we work together. The leaders have a thorough knowledge of quests and the game and even PnP, character builds etc, so is ideally suited to new players.

There is a great sense of achievement which is always a good thing

It is achievable it can be done.

When I first joined PD I thought Ill be dead at LVL 2 falling off something in the harbour. My very first toon is LVL 9 already. I designed her to survive and be self sufficient, so I am especially proud that I designed her.

My first goal was LVL 5, then 400 favour, my next is LVL 10 who knows maybe Ill shoot for LVL 20 and/or 1750 favour

You have to try it at least once, Ill even put the "UBER" challenge out there.

Think youre UBER come test yourself in Permadeath to see if you really have been touched by the UBER Gods LOL

Are we a cult ?!?!? No, you can leave when you want

I personally only preach about what Im passionate about, when I have experienced something trully awesome and lifechanging. Ok so DDO is a kind of life... yea?... well its mine right now
    Follow me on TWITTER - IF YOU DARE

Nice show all. Except Jerry. Hate CREED, Love Guided By Voices? Dude? Hah! Frootloop the Serial Killer... Yea, go with a "real" name.

Kotels, Ghirmeshk, you rock. Great interview. Carr, hah! Awesome co-hostage.

And for that guy with all the raid loot problems, man...play some permadeath and forget that made-up loot drama. Real Drama = You and your buds fighting like mad to survive. Fake Drama = Someone getting all bent over some raid loot. Real Drama > Fake Drama.

--Stay Hard

<<Edit. Oops, better soften that up a bit. OK, so I realize some of you live for raid loot, but really...if the one thing you remember from your three hour session is some putz whining over raid loot, reassess. Your memories should be those of fallen comrades in your epic battles and awesome adventures>>
    Last edited by parvo; 09-14-2009 at 07:29 AM.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Default /clap clap clap clap

Great show!

Great job Kotels, Kudesnik, and Carlee!

Kud, I really liked what you had to say about Permadeath when you said, "There are plenty of ways to die," and talked about the use of the brokers and vendors and AH. There are lots of ways to play DDO & many flavors of PD out there!

Kotels, I loved that you quoted Zornocio! He has a great way of helping people into our style of play!

Carlee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All your brigandines are belong to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Robi3.0 View Post
    Since Robi nailed it - I'll just confirm that he's absolutely correct.

I also know exactly what it is.

Jerry, if I can ever be of any help at all to DDOcast in the future, please just let me know. It was an honor and a privilege.
    Last edited by Memnir; 09-14-2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Hello typo my old friend. I've come to edit you again...
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post

Jerry, if I can ever be of any help at all to DDOcast in the future, please just let me know. It was an honor and a privilege.

Too cool! I'll be sure to get you on as a co-host sometime in the future.

And Parvo - it's true. I really, really dislike Creed. I like GBV, and even interviewed Bob Pollard once, but I'm more of a "love them live" rather than listen-to-the-albums kind of guy. Although I love Universal Truths and Cycles. But the video is really good.

Relic of the Last War
    Scholar of Adventure
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Mockduck View Post
    And Parvo - it's true. I really, really dislike Creed.
    +1 Rep & much thanks to the band "Live" for pathing the way to Scott Stapp's "Higher" Self.

Too cool! I'll be sure to get you on as a co-host sometime in the future.

And Parvo - it's true. I really, really dislike Creed. I like GBV, and even interviewed Bob Pollard once, but I'm more of a "love them live" rather than listen-to-the-albums kind of guy. Although I love Universal Truths and Cycles. But the video is really good.
    I love GBV.

Also, thanks for the support, Maz, Parvo & Lessah. You folks are awesome.

DDO Cast kicks A**.

Proud Leader of Extreme Explorers Permadeath Guild on Sarlona. Check us out at http://extremeexplorers.guildportal.com

I see. First it was hate . Now it's just dislike . Keep watching the video. Yes...that's it...watch and listen...ahhh...that's it...watch more good video...listen more...now how do you feel?....
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post

Hmm, looks like the standard cap a man gets when he gets married

And great Job Jerry and the whole DDO-Cast team as usual!

Quote Originally Posted by memnir View Post
    since Robi Nailed It - I'll Just Confirm That He's Absolutely Correct.

I Also Know Exactly What It Is. :d

Jerry, If I Can Ever Be Of Any Help At All To Ddocast In The Future, Please Just Let Me Know. It Was An Honor And A Privilege.
    What Is It!!! Im Dying Here

Reisei - LVL16 Cleric - Ghallanda
    Quote Originally Posted by Devacore
    It takes a patient person to be a cleric in the end.
    Patient, or clueless?

Quote Originally Posted by Reisei View Post
    What Is It!!! Im Dying Here
    I hope you're not PD.

Great job everyone!

Community Member firesnakearies77's Avatar

Good show, as always.

More Carliee please!

as a new F2P'er, the DDO casts have been an EXCELLENT source of information, and the best podcast based on a game I've ever listened to! I'm currently working my way backwards through your casts and each one has been great.

I too have made a cleric and just purchased Delera's Tomb and Necropolis while they were both on sale. I'm enjoying a more offensive approach in these quests with my guild on Thelanis.

Keep up the good work DDOcast staff!

Community Member

excellent work on ddocast. im a first time listner, and would like to say what a great job you did, and are doing.

what brought me to your broadcast was the portion that refered to my.ddo. it caught my attention becuse ive recieved a number of references to ddocast giving people the impression that the anonymous feature that is built into my.ddo supposedly hides your char sheet. even though you guys didnt focus on the negative aspects of my.ddo nearly as much as the positive aspects, i clearly see that was not what you guys said.

keep up the good work. you may have found a new regular listner.
    Wednesday night - MAC Extreme PD
    Get your PD on!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast