Community Member

Question Making Secondary Fighter Types

Does anyone else enjoy making secondary fighters?
    You don't need to get the max DPS, but like going for the flank.
    Maybe you have a couple rogue levels for those sneak attack numbers while your tempest friend beats the hell out of the mob.
    Perhaps you will wield the cursespewing and destruction daggers.
    Am I alone in this joy?
    (AND, just for the record, I am not merely failing at making a strong tank or power DPS type. I have done so and just prefer the backup role.)

That would be my halfling finesse 8 fighter/6 ranger/2 rogue

Evasion w/ 30ish reflex, 1d6 sneak attack (before enhancements), tempest, feats, good AC, lots of HP, and can tank in a pinch. Until I finish gearing up my 14 ranger/1 monk/1 rogue, it's my most powerful character.

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

That's how I view my rogue. At 275 HP she can't stand up to the frontal assault, but she'd loads of fun sneaking in behind and assasinating and/or sneak attacking to death whatever the Barbarian/Tempest/etc is beating on. You get some mighty nice sneak attack numbers on a high level rogue

My Drow 12 ranger/4 rogue (13 rgr/5 rog/2 mnk @ cap) and my dragonmarked halfling 10 fighter/5 ranger/1 wizard (10 ftr/9/rgr/1/wiz @ cap) both fulfill secondary roles. I like multidimensional characters that can doo lots of things not just hit things with a stick. My DPS build is a bard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milamber69 View Post
    Please forgive my personal attack, I was high on Platypus Venom at the time.

For every Michael Jordan there needs to be a Scottie pippen for every Carl Malone there needs to be a JohnStockton.
    “If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles" TsunTzu

Quote Originally Posted by baddax View Post
    For every Michael Jordan there needs to be a Scottie pippen for every Carl Malone there needs to be a JohnStockton.
    only in games that require more than one person. ddo can often be soloed without a lackie or pileon.