Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default World Character Transfers now available

World Character Transfers are now available through the game launcher. Click here for our guide.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Great feature to add, much simpler than the previous way of opening a ticket with support.

Question - since it says you cannot login until the transfer is completed, is there an estimate on how long it might take? Are we talking a few minutes, a couple hours, or what?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Great feature to add, much simpler than the previous way of opening a ticket with support.

Question - since it says you cannot login until the transfer is completed, is there an estimate on how long it might take? Are we talking a few minutes, a couple hours, or what?

Thanks!
    Assuming they applied lessons learned from LotRO side, I imagine it shouldn't take too long. Search up transfers on LotRO forums for an idea how that saga played out.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    World Character Transfers are now available through the game launcher. Click here for our guide.
    Make them free until the end of the year, and see how the population settles (if at all).

Community Member

I have VIP and 13 toon slots on each server..do I need a free slot open to move a toon? All my servers have no open slots

Quote Originally Posted by garzan123 View Post
    I have VIP and 13 toon slots on each server..do I need a free slot open to move a toon? All my servers have no open slots
    On LotRO side, you can move a character to a server where you have no open slots. The moment you log into that server, it makes you choose which characters you want to have access to, and the overflow characters go into stasis until you free up or buy another character slot. I imagine the same would happen with DDO, kind of like what happens when someone lets VIP sub lapse.

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Can't wait for the wave of vets arriving at Ghallanda.

I would say
    Sarlona's where it's at

On another point
    Having that transfer button on the play screen is dangerous
    I just auto hit enter every time I'm on that screen
    And now I have to make sure my mouse pointer is floating over
    Just a doublecheck, but I don't want to accidentally hit wrong button,
    You know?
    I understand the ease part, but now it ain't easy to play

Maybe after the exodus we can have this moved somewhere else?
    Or does it have to be from root?
    Oh well, just my two cents...
    Last edited by Vish; 12-23-2016 at 08:37 AM.
    Kil Glory
    30 alchemist
    HOW
    Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post

Thanks!
    It is a nice upgrade from the old method for the one off character players.
    The button is too close to the log into game button though...

..and..
    Not so good for those of us that have purchased extra character slots and ended up with 30 toons on an account..
    The game should address an account transfer mechanic... paying to transfer each toon after purchasing extra charater slots is detrimental...

Then theres the issues of TR cache, shared bank, Guild ships....
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    It is a nice upgrade from the old method for the one off character players.
    The button is too close to the log into game button though...

..and..
    Not so good for those of us that have purchased extra character slots and ended up with 30 toons on an account..
    The game should address an account transfer mechanic... paying to transfer each toon after purchasing extra charater slots is detrimental...

Then theres the issues of TR cache, shared bank, Guild ships....
    They managed to successfully address shared bank and kinship (guild) issues in LotRO transfers, so I am hopeful they will also do so with DDO transfers... eventually.

I find the button's position on the launcher to be intrusive. It's almost as prominent as the log in button, yet you aren't going to character transfer 1/1000th as often as you are going to log in.

Can it be moved out of the way a little bit?

Quote Originally Posted by garzan123 View Post
    You do not need an open character slot in order to complete a character transfer, however, if you exceed your character slot total on a server than the next time you log into that server you will be prompted to select which of your characters you would like to become inaccessible and locked until you no longer exceed your character slot total (whether you do that by gaining additional character slots or by reducing the number of characters you currently have on that server).

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    I find the button's position on the launcher to be intrusive. It's almost as prominent as the log in button, yet you aren't going to character transfer 1/1000th as often as you are going to log in.

Can it be moved out of the way a little bit?
    Yes please!

Do astral shards transfer across or do they stay on the original server? and if they do transfer i assume it would be with the first character that transfers.
    'Live Long, Play Longer'

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by holfrar View Post
    Do astral shards transfer across or do they stay on the original server? and if they do transfer i assume it would be with the first character that transfers.
    Shards are per server, not per character. So transferring wouldn't take shards. At least that is how I think it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Shards are per server, not per character. So transferring wouldn't take shards. At least that is how I think it would work.
    TBH that's how i see it as well

Suppose the best way to 'transfer' them would be to buy stuff off the ASAH, transfer them across then try and sell them again.
    'Live Long, Play Longer'

Quote Originally Posted by holfrar View Post
    TBH that's how i see it as well

Suppose the best way to 'transfer' them would be to buy stuff off the ASAH, transfer them across then try and sell them again.
    I have done the character transfer a couple times in the past, and AS do not transfer. I did just what you suggested and also bought some augments (Heavy fort, feather fall, etc) from the collectors to take with me.

Community Member

The service seems very expensive if it's going to be 2495 points per character.

It also seems odd that some of these things won't transfer when an entire account is being moved (shards) and/or the person is in a solo guild (guild ship and amenities).

If these things could be addressed, I think it would be much more useful to us.

Thanks.
    Last edited by blerkington; 12-25-2016 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    The service seems very expensive if it's going to be 2495 points per character.

It also seems odd that some of these things won't transfer when an entire account is being moved (shards) and/or the person is in a solo guild (guild ship and amenities).

If these things could be addressed, I think it would be much more useful to us.

Thanks.
    Indeed..
    On average 100 TP are about US$ 1... which for me means $1.35 in Canadian dollars.
    so.. US$ 25 per character to transfer between servers.

Now.. I am a long term VIP and have 30 characters on my main account (also have my kids accounts).. which I have purchased over the years via expansions, character slot purchases, etc...
    So if I wanted to move my characters to another server it would cost me US$ 750... and this would not include Purchased Guildships (level 200 full amenities Daedalean Kraken) or TR caches,..
    and have no clue how it would handle my purchased bank space, added character space, favor, AS balance, purchased deposit box space, shared bank space, etc...
    or even guarantee my character names(do I have to buy name changes if it exists?)...

so ultimately.. for me.. not a chance in hell am I going to drop $1,000 just to migrate to another server...
    It is detrimental to players who have already invested monetary resources into their accounts and developed them beyond singular characters..
    Without a reasonable account based transfer option, heavily invested players are screwed..
    Last edited by JOTMON; 12-27-2016 at 09:25 AM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Question, will the guild I'm in lose the renown I accumulated if I transfer to another server?
    Bjriand The Great Stormsinger Bard Triple Heroic / Epic / Iconic / Racial Completionist working on Archetype lives...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast