Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

They should consider adding crafting stuff to daily dice as well as hike drop rates of some of the rarer ingredients. You know every time a Blade of the Six drops, that is a time something worthwhile didn't drop.

Also made this using all "Extra" effects available to boots:

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    ...or just their recipes?

I'm going through my crafter's gargantuan ingredients bag, where all of the shards I ever created while leveling are still sitting. I'm going through them right now and deconstructing them since it looks like old shards are going to disappear when the new update goes live. However, I was going to keep the flexible ones since they were going to become irreplaceable.

Then it occurred to me that they might ALL be disappearing in a few days. Is that so? Should I deconstruct every shard in my bag?

Thanks.
    AFAIK, the shards will be there, but will basically be rocks. Old crafting will NOT be compatible with new crafting. You won't be able to use the shards, you won't be able to decon the shards, all you'll be able to do with the shards is look at them and remember when you could craft an ML1 Screaming of PG weapon for 2d6 damage in Korthos *g*

So, yeah. Decon the flexible shards, too. Because they're just be so many chunks of rock.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Founder

With this crafting option any chests under level 36 become vendor trash. From what I've seen of level 40 chests it will be more time efficient to just craft level 34 items than to pull a better level 36+ item.

You gave us massive loot inflation with the new RNG and you are doing it again a few updates later.

The solution is to have crafted items scale 3 levels lower in power than RNG (34 actually = 31). That way a very rare RNG is superior to the crafted item.

I believe that would lower stat items to +14/+6 (I have gotten +15 from 32 rewards).

The other option is to make the item level shards as hard to craft as other shards so that there is no easy leveling path.

Quote Originally Posted by maddong View Post
    With this crafting option any chests under level 36 become vendor trash. From what I've seen of level 40 chests it will be more time efficient to just craft level 34 items than to pull a better level 36+ item.

You gave us massive loot inflation with the new RNG and you are doing it again a few updates later.

The solution is to have crafted items scale 3 levels lower in power than RNG (34 actually = 31). That way a very rare RNG is superior to the crafted item.

I believe that would lower stat items to +14/+6 (I have gotten +15 from 32 rewards).

The other option is to make the item level shards as hard to craft as other shards so that there is no easy leveling path.
    Honestly, don't think they are going to do that. They are pretty happy with what they got. I think they'll lower the collectibles cost...but not the bonuses. Crafting originally was a way for people to craft what you could get from RNG with a large initial up-front cost in plat, time and resources. It was a good system. I think I see a named loot overhaul coming soon...to make older named loot viable again...

Community Member

Looks like most people were trying to see how nice they could make high level gear.

I took a bit of a different look, as a new player or maybe even someone TRing wanting some gear for lower level.

Based on what I deconstructed and depending on the essence drop rate I think it would be reasonable to reach level 16 or so fairly easily, you can get over half there buy deconstructing stuff from loot.

Even at that low level you can make some pretty nice gear. Best min level I could make was 3 but it still provided a nice amount of gain.

Ended up making some Deadly +3 with Search +6 goggles. (Sorry dont know how to add the screenshot here)

Some general comments

1. Would like to see water breathing and feather fall added back in. Nice to be able to make as a low level player and always handy.

2. Old random loot will not decon for essences

3. Concerned about post saying crafting XP reset with TR is this the plan?

4. No Plat when deconstructing, for newer low level players it makes it a hard choice, some plat or crafting. I know plat is easier to get in game now, but as a newer player I think it will be an issue

5. High level items require a lot of very price/rare things

6. Can we have a way to sort prefix and suffix shards in the shard crafting UI, I felt this was also always an issue with the old system too.

7. Not all of the current random gen loot would decon. Failed to have a decon recipe for the following:
    +2 Bastard Sword of Acid Lore 7
    +2 Vorpal Dwarven Axe of Shatter 2
    +2 Light Crossbow of Sonic Lore 6

I am glad to see on the low end it seems you can make stuff as good as or a bit better than the current system without a huge investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    This is a problem! NoWorries makes his new system, works on making it better as he should!
    QA does its job, logging and listing problems.

Where is the dropdown box option for communication problem?

In an ideal production environment, NoWorries would either:
    1. Work on his new system, tweaking and adjusting until ready- no need to share with others problems or steps, he's working on it continuously, or:
    2. Log known issues with said new system with QA when going live, or live ish.

I just want more talk. This is how things get missed, forgotten, and lost...
    I'm not entirely sure what you are getting at with this?

NoWorries was simply chiding me on having forgotten a conversation we'd had a week ago about Striding and Alacrity in which he originally told me the tool tip formulas were not yet hooked up correctly.

If you are worried about the level of communication between Dev side and QA side let me reassure you that on this team (especially recently) that gap has been more fluid and communicative than on any other team I have ever been on. NoWorries and I sit roughly 5 feet from each other and have been passing info back and forth constantly, in addition to creating team wide documentation, throughout this whole update cycle ever since I returned to the team after the BAU launch.

While I understand being on constant lookout for problems, I assure you that there is nothing to read into here. All is well. =]

According to the devs loot level is based on die roll from chest level table. So a level 34 chest might have a small chance of loot level 40 item - only the devs know for sure, but chest level is only used to determine the table for the roll - the roll determines the actual loot level.

I think level 34 is fine considering 40 is the max dropping in the game. I have +17 stat items from random loot. +8 necromancy/+4 insightful necromancy dropped in an LE Tempest spine on a loot weekend vs. +6/+3 from crafting. Not to mention crafting cost is expensive so from years of crafting I might have 80 or so of a medium rarity collectible. It won't take me long to burn through 6 years worth of accumulation.

For me about half my random loot will be replaced with cannith crafted loot - the rest will remain because #s on the random loot is better. That seems about right to me.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    If you are worried about the level of communication between Dev side and QA side let me reassure you that on this team (especially recently) that gap has been more fluid and communicative than on any other team I have ever been on.
    Translation - there is alot of drinking together involved.

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    According to the devs loot level is based on die roll from chest level table. So a level 34 chest might have a small chance of loot level 40 item - only the devs know for sure, but chest level is only used to determine the table for the roll - the roll determines the actual loot level.
    I'd like to clear up that, in random loot, each chest level has a set "power" range for effects which is rolled on. Each Minimum level of gear has a varying range of "power" values which overlap at the bottom and top ends with the ranges for gear from the Minimum Levels below and above respectively.

This means that, while the very top top of some effects "power" values at chest level 34 (and minimum level 30) may overlap with the very bottom of some effects "power" values at chest level 40 (and minimum level 30) that does not mean you are capable of pulling "Chest Level 40" loot out of a level 34 chest. They are completely different loot tables that have a small chance of providing similar results (which would be unlucky for a level 40 chest or very lucky for a level 34 chest).

Quote Originally Posted by Ellihor View Post
    My best crafter is around lv 70 on each school. Do you think I should level them all to 150 before the update or should I save the essences and do the levling after it? fyi I don't have many collectables if that changes something
    Regardless of level, it appears much cheaper to level in the new system than to level in the current system on live. Basically, nobody should level any crafting until U32 goes live.

Note that leveling in the new system requires some success boosters, but not a ton. The idea is to get thousands of xp in one shot from a 3% recipe, but to do that you really want to use +35% boosters so that you only have to try it a few times to succeed. Once you succeed, you drop down to more reasonably probable recipes that don't require boosters.

So you need some boosters, but not a ton. (Compare thousands of xp in one shot to the current system, where the best you can do in one recipe is a couple hundred xp.)

My crafter on live is level 251 on lama, and the crafting machine has a 3% recipe for him that's worth 8376 xp. (Base, not counting xp boosters.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    I'd like to clear up that, in random loot, each chest level has a set "power" range for effects which is rolled on. Each Minimum level of gear has a varying range of "power" values which overlap at the bottom and top ends with the ranges for gear from the Minimum Levels below and above respectively.

This means that, while the very top top of some effects "power" values at chest level 34 (and minimum level 30) may overlap with the very bottom of some effects "power" values at chest level 40 (and minimum level 30) that does not mean you are capable of pulling "Chest Level 40" loot out of a level 34 chest. They are completely different loot tables that have a small chance of providing similar results (which would be unlucky for a level 40 chest or very lucky for a level 34 chest).
    I've been wrong alot today, but thank you for clearing that up.

Default Gems

Instead of introducing heaps of new collectables could you not use gems that currently have no value, have their own bag and often just left in chests everywhere? maybe this would add value to them and gems are often linked in fantasy with magical items. Using them in some way as a currency even would be useful but as crafting would be much better than just purified essences and more collectables.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    They should consider adding crafting stuff to daily dice as well as hike drop rates of some of the rarer ingredients. You know every time a Blade of the Six drops, that is a time something worthwhile didn't drop.

Also made this using all "Extra" effects available to boots:
    O.O!

o.O?

***, is that SUPPOSED to happen? Is it not recognizing when it already has one extra effect on the item?
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    O.O!

o.O?

***, is that SUPPOSED to happen? Is it not recognizing when it already has one extra effect on the item?
    That's pretty incredible, but I don't think items are meant to have 12 slots.... uh... right, devs?
    If I seem rude, I'm sorry, I just have strong feelings about this game, since I've only played two games in the last few years., and this is my only multiplayer game. I'm much nicer in game.
    - Sinicala, leader of Griffons Nest - Sarlona

O.O!

o.O?

Known issue if you keep applying marks of house cannith, but I think we should explain as a community why fixing the ladder bug 100% should be a higher priority than fixing this.

Yup. Time to stop paying attention to random loot again. It was fun while it lasted.
    But the way to fix it is not to lower the stat of crafted loot, then cc would remain a gimmick, neither is it to make the grinding even worse and more p2w.
    The best way is simply to be more restrictive on slots. That way random loot will still be interesting, and crafting would still absolutely be worthwhile.

O.O!

o.O?

It is a known bug that the Devs are already aware of so will probably be fixed before the update hits live.

Stoner81.

Aye, how to get the best loot in mmorpg ?
    Get carpal syndrome in the crafting hall.

How to gear up any character ?
    Level up your crafting lol.

Either the items should be less powerful than randomly pulled stuff from dungeons or the costs should be insanely high.

I have maxed crafter, like everybody else. Will level the heck out of CC. But why spend all the time to work on (named) items or random loot system when you invalidate it literally few months later ?

Shahang (hjealme), Wipekin (kotc), Nezhat (barbie) Ghallanda/Devourer

So while everyone going nuts about what they could in theory craft for level 30 I went the other way around and tried to compare old Cannith crafting with the new system.
    I have to mention that I only made it to level 116 with this character, however that very quick by just crafting minimum level shards. Almost a bit too fast compared to the old system,
    which mean you can be long level 340 but can't craft enything else except minimum level shards as you lack the collectibles.

So first of all items lack the background, which makes it difficult to distinguish the effects on the weapon (e.g. flaming vs cold), they look just like lvl 1 trash loot.
    As mentioned earlier they also not have a +X indicator which mean they can not be used to empower Greensteel Energy Cells.

They not get the magic attribute neither, and I haven't found a way to actually add an enhancement level, so they are stuck with +0
    Additional we previously could craft Enfeebling as a secondary effect, which is now an expensive extra effect, which mean you either need to buy a Cannith Mark or have the Favor unlocked, not to mention that Enfeebling was 1d6 and the new effect is a blank +2. Same goes for the sonic damage which only exist as e.g. 3d6 but not as a burst effect like thundering which based on the weapon had a lower base but higher crit damage.

Sure I still could add a suffix effect on this item but the old system seemed to be much more round and balanced on the effects and at which level I could craft them.

One last thing that irks me is the fact that as we don't have anymore the option of divine, elemental or magic effects to filter on, the list of craftable options may become rather long and difficult to browse.

So what would be nice would be at least the option to filter for prefix/suffix/extra shards
    * We have collectable bags, mind you, even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

It seems a lot of people are complaining about high Purified Dragonshard cost.

Why not increase their price to ~ 50 000 - 100 000 plat and make them purchasable from crafting vendor or House Cannith favour trader?
    -> nice plat sink (we need those in the game),
    -> people that need them will have other way to get them than fishing AH for eberron dragonshards or farming twelve tokens,
    -> with that price people that have a lot of astral shards should still be willing to spend them for dragonshards (convinience).

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast