Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ring Crafting

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    There is still that Eladrin post that says we dont get it fully yet, so until we do, I guess keep trying.
    Initially people were saying that "ring effects are the tier 3 effects" - that's the rumor that I didn't want spreading as the truth, as the ring effect list differs from the shroud effect list. (Holy Burst is one example.)

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Initially people were saying that "ring effects are the tier 3 effects" - that's the rumor that I didn't want spreading as the truth, as the ring effect list differs from the shroud effect list. (Holy Burst is one example.)
    i think i will be messing with looted rings when i get home then

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

My guess is that the list closely follows Tier III weapon effects with the exception of things like damage effects. I'm still wondering if it will be possible to make things like Lightning Strike. (Maybe imbue a ring twice? Is that possible?)
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by totmacher View Post
    i think i will be messing with looted rings when i get home then
    By all means and share your information please. This is not directed toward you Tot it is just I have noticed alot of powergaming groups are not sharing information on many things this mod.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

5. 09-22-2009, 04:00 PM

so far:

stats are tier 3 (+2)
    other mods are tier 2 or roughly equivalent (holy burst instead of good burst, for example)
    I've seen insight 2, elem absorption 15, and several burst-level effects .. ethereal dominion has yet to be tested.

I guess what might help us Eladrin is a confirmation that there are interactions between rings and 'incredible potential' upgrades that produce effects above and beyond single tier (whether tier II or III) effects?

blink once for yes...

Golyat, Thelonies, Mavete, Uzziah

Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    My guess is that the list closely follows Tier III weapon effects with the exception of things like damage effects. I'm still wondering if it will be possible to make things like Lightning Strike. (Maybe imbue a ring twice? Is that possible?)
    The only "tier III" effect has been the stats, everything else has been "tier II" effects.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

Thanks for the reply E. I would ask that if there is more we need to find we just get a gentle push. Im not looking for a, "Your missing X, Y, and Z" quote. More along of the lines of, "consider yourself pushed" quote. I dont want any devs ruining the fun of finding this stuff, just someone to tell us to keep looking
    Member of Roving Guns

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    The only "tier III" effect has been the stats, everything else has been "tier II" effects.
    Yeah...I'm seeing that now. Well...I do suppose getting +4 AC insight bonus on a ring might have been too powerful.

I still wonder about dual shard damage effects though.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Note the newest screenie is different from shroud item effects as well, which i belive is Greater Devotion VI
    Member of Roving Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    Yeah...I'm seeing that now. Well...I do suppose getting +4 AC insight bonus on a ring might have been too powerful.

I still wonder about dual shard damage effects though.
    You can't make dual shards of great shards, the altar spits them back at you.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    By all means and share your information please. This is not directed toward you Tot it is just I have noticed alot of powergaming groups are not sharing information on many things this mod.
    pm me what you guys wanna test out and i will throw it out to the people i know with rings so far. i have 1 of the cleric ones i'm willing to throw in for testing. i'm sure i can convince 3-4 others

someone just pm me the recipe(s) not tried yet and i'll hit you back. i don't have much time to dig through threads anymore, much less play ddo, but i'll see what i can do

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by totmacher View Post
    pm me what you guys wanna test out and i will throw it out to the people i know with rings so far. i have 1 of the cleric ones i'm willing to throw in for testing. i'm sure i can convince 3-4 others

someone just pm me the recipe(s) not tried yet and i'll hit you back. i don't have much time to dig through threads anymore, much less play ddo, but i'll see what i can do
    Just to avoid too many ppl sending pms, I'll post here that I sent you a pm suggesting to try the negative absorption effect, since it seems to be the one we are the least sure about at this point.

I forget who it was that put up their own thread earlier, but they set up a ddowiki page st up for results

http://ddowiki.com/edit/Incredible_Potential - opens it in an editor
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Incredible_Potential - opens it for plain viewing
    Near useless builds for those who want a challenge: The True(ly Useless) Necromancer - The Abuse Sponge Paladin
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Is it possible to put an effect such as +2 wis AND damage to monk unarmed attacks or did monks just get shafted again?

Quote Originally Posted by Vandos View Post
    Is it possible to put an effect such as +2 wis AND damage to monk unarmed attacks or did monks just get shafted again?
    Wear 2 rings one with 2wis, one with damage, one affect a ring.
    Beaker is self-centered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phalcon View Post
    Best Piker: Beak: that son of a ***** always scew's me over in every quest im ever in with him. I honestly Don't know why i keep grouping with him!

And everyone else can also wear 2 rings and have exc +3 to 2 stats. The stupidity of the decision makers here never ceases to amaze me. They thought they were going partway to compensating monks for the lack of greensteel weapons and rather than do that they frickin hosed them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandos View Post
    And everyone else can also wear 2 rings and have exc +3 to 2 stats. The stupidity of the decision makers here never ceases to amaze me. They thought they were going partway to compensating monks for the lack of greensteel weapons and rather than do that they frickin hosed them again.
    Welcome to ddo devs, many people are not even planning to wear the sets for their class, my cleric? Cha ring (warchanter ideally - ironic because it's spell casting bonus's are better then the spell singer's i currently have) and A constitution Barbarian ring. Putting +2 exe con and cha on them enabling him to have execptional con 3, cha 3 and wis 3 on the same toon. Way better then the +6 wisdom he has 3 times over from concord ops, scepter, and hound (if i was stupid enough to wear it). Way to make decisions bassed on F2P crowd Turbine.
    Beaker is self-centered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phalcon View Post
    Best Piker: Beak: that son of a ***** always scew's me over in every quest im ever in with him. I honestly Don't know why i keep grouping with him!

Community Member Absolute-Omniscience's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaelis View Post
    Welcome to ddo devs, many people are not even planning to wear the sets for their class, my cleric? Cha ring (warchanter ideally - ironic because it's spell casting bonus's are better then the spell singer's i currently have) and A constitution Barbarian ring. Putting +2 exe con and cha on them enabling him to have execptional con 3, cha 3 and wis 3 on the same toon. Way better then the +6 wisdom he has 3 times over from concord ops, scepter, and hound (if i was stupid enough to wear it). Way to make decisions bassed on F2P crowd Turbine.
    A +9 stat ring aint overly good, think about it. That's basically 1-2 damage for a dualwielder, is that really so overpowered when you're doing 60+ per hit? It's good, yea. But overpowered, far from it.
    The set bonuses are also a good addition, cause without them, the rings would be "meh" compared to shroud items that are "awesome".

However some flaws are obviously in place. The major one is that the set bonuses are far from balanced, maybe (and obviously) because they haven't released all the PREs yet so we don't know what effects the rings will get at teir 3 pre.
    Also imo it is a flaw that the pre bonus are at "pre-level" 3 only, should be a two step combo for "kensai II = +X" "Kensai III = +x+y".
    Active
    EU player since release, US player since the summer of 2009.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute-Omniscience View Post
    A +9 stat ring aint overly good, think about it. That's basically 1-2 damage for a dualwielder,
    So a +3 Str Tome 'aint overly good' as is only adds 1-2 damage?

A +9 Str ring also adds 1-2 to hit, which may, at some point in the future, matter.

+9 Dex and +9 Wis rings would give up to +4 AC, +2 Reflex, +2 Will saves and extra SP to many common builds (plus the set bonus/es).
    Jesus saves but only Buddha makes incremental backups.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast