Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: Wednesday, January 13th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened!

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Wednesday, January 13th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) to release Update 48 Patch 3. The release notes can be found on DDO.com.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 01-13-2021 at 10:02 AM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Thanks. I'm hoping the first bulletpoint helps with the lag. It's nice to know you folks are working on it.
    Proud guild gimp of Synergia! Adults only. Bring beer. Pants optional.
    Banginurz/Chimpinurz/Shagginurz/Spankinurz.

Thank you for the lag-related note. I sincerely hope this makes the game playable again.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dennisck2 View Post
    Thanks. I'm hoping the first bulletpoint helps with the lag. It's nice to know you folks are working on it.
    Probably always working on it. It's just there is no magical "lag-be-gone" button that many seem to think there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes can be found on DDO.com.
    I'll voice again that a hyperlink like the above doesn't quite reflect where it leads. I almost expect to be led to the DDO home page, and then have to go hunting for the release notes.

Otherwise, some good stuff. I'll probably run Epic Feywild this weekend hunting for Loot and Winter keys/coins.
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.
    Feature wishlist: colour-coded HP bars; red/blue teams in raids; rez-timer in party menu

Bug report form link

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Thank you for the lag-related note. I sincerely hope this makes the game playable again.
    You're forgetting the x10 lag buff from live events tho; so not looking good
    Teth - Ascendance

Old School n00b that used to be pretty good at the game.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    This.

Why are you adding another potentially lag-inducing event which very few if any would miss right now?

Would it not make sense to at least delay introducing events until lag issues are bedded in and proven effective?

I find this baffling tbh.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkwier View Post
    This.

Why are you adding another potentially lag-inducing event which very few if any would miss right now?

Would it not make sense to at least delay introducing events until lag issues are bedded in and proven effective?

I find this baffling tbh.
    Well, SSG seems to have been awfully fond of fiddles lately (Tiefling Scoundrels, Feywild NPCs and music, etc.).

Now just pretend that SSG is Nero and DDO is Rome and you'll understand.

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Wednesday, January 13th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) to release Update 48 Patch 3. The release notes can be found on DDO.com.

Festival Cha & Dex

I really hope the ruby of snowpeaks has a decent DC
    Last edited by voxson5; 01-12-2021 at 06:45 PM.

Will the patch affect the chat quality?

Missing chat in an MMO is pretty counter-productive.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    Yea...sadly "stop these dumb events" is a losing battle. These things are like cold sores.

At least we get a +1 cha.

Last night for Season Pass rolls. Bummed.

No detail on the slide challenge if our Ice Skates are necessary/help with that or if everyone just does a vs-balance slide thing.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 01-12-2021 at 11:34 PM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Cordovan, from looking at the comments within [Post #5] and the question of the hyperlink text; it's a slight improvement on "click here". I'll just mock-up some dummy text as to what I believe was being hinted about. Possibly part of the reason the announcement was worded like that is because it's just a duplicate of the DDO Launcher text so slightly out of context on the forums.

DDO Announcement, Example 1:
    "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam feugiat, ligula sed ullamcorper aliquet, turpis lectus hendrerit arcu, nec dapibus nunc turpis non risus on DDO.com."

We're already on "ddo.com" - if on the forums - and the notes are always on there and we aren't travelling to a completely different website (just a different section). Incidentally all the main release notes are mentioned on a top dropdown navigation list menu on all the main forum pages themselves under: "The Game".

The destination should be 'Release notes' and specifically "Update 48 Patch 3 Release Notes" the latter would be a semi-reasonable link text.

DDO Announcement, Example 2:
    "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam feugiat, ligula sed ullamcorper aliquet, release Update 48 Patch 3 turpis lectus hendrerit arcu, nec dapibus nunc turpis release notes non risus."

We can illustrate with 'Example 1' dummy text that hyperlink; "on ddo.com" is rather general. Whereas the 'Example 2' text: "release Update 48 Patch 3" or "release notes" may suggest the destinations are actually: release notes. I'm not changing any of the words to be more appropriate I'm just highlighting select words used in the OP text. Chiefly we have to presume the user is on the actual 'DDO forum', reading the thread and has thus has obviously found the DDO website. Hopefully that might help explain about what was likely being hinted at. :-)
    Last edited by DYWYPI; 01-13-2021 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Grammar.

Default SSG is right on par...

Greater Color Spray in the Feydark Illusionist enhancement tree now has its proper saving throw.
    They make something cool and after a bunch of people pay a ton of money for it, they nerf it.

So greater color spray goes to the Batman Build/Warlock/Inquisitive graveyard. At least everyone got their monies worth ... for a few weeks.

Tested (Greater Color Spray - Fey Dark Illusionist) on my Level 26 Bard - 80% of the mobs on Hard difficulty save 100% of the time - It is basically a useless spell now.
    Last edited by sago; 01-13-2021 at 11:17 AM.
    Characters most played - Zaovir (Thelanis) - Xaoru (Sarlona)

Default Thank you

• Spells and abilities that block Magic Missiles now correctly block Chain Missiles' secondary cast portions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post

No detail on the slide challenge if our Ice Skates are necessary/help with that or if everyone just does a vs-balance slide thing.
    I havent rolled yet!

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post

The Risia Ice Skates do not function in the new slide, and are not necessary for the Snowpeaks Festival.

Quote Originally Posted by DYWYPI View Post
    Cordovan, from looking at the comments within [Post #5] and the question of the hyperlink text; it's a slight improvement on "click here". I'll just mock-up some dummy text as to what I believe was being hinted about. Possibly part of the reason the announcement was worded like that is because it's just a duplicate of the DDO Launcher text so slightly out of context on the forums.
    "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam feugiat, ligula sed ullamcorper aliquet, turpis lectus hendrerit arcu, nec dapibus nunc turpis non risus on DDO.com."

We're already on "ddo.com" - if on the forums - and the notes are always on there and we aren't travelling to a completely different website (just a different section). Incidentally all the main release notes are mentioned on a top dropdown navigation list menu on all the main forum pages themselves under: "The Game".

The destination should be 'Release notes' and specifically "Update 48 Patch 3 Release Notes" the latter would be a semi-reasonable link text.
    "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam feugiat, ligula sed ullamcorper aliquet, release Update 48 Patch 3 turpis lectus hendrerit arcu, nec dapibus nunc turpis release notes non risus."

We can illustrate with 'Example 1' dummy text that hyperlink; "on ddo.com" is rather general. Whereas the 'Example 2' text: "release Update 48 Patch 3" or "release notes" may suggest the destinations are actually: release notes. I'm not changing any of the words to be more appropriate I'm just highlighting select words used in the OP text. Chiefly we have to presume the user is on the actual 'DDO forum', reading the thread and has thus has obviously found the DDO website. Hopefully that might help explain about what was likely being hinted at. :-)
    This was a quick copy paste, but I appreciate the information, and will endeavor to improve my hotlinking.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Manager

The game worlds have reopened!
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

The game worlds have reopened!
    and there was much rejoicing! thank you Cordovan. i'm going to check out the snow-peaks event! catch you on the slopes...

Quote Originally Posted by DYWYPI View Post

De finibus bonorum et malorum?
    nequicquam...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast