Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Update on Wayfinder and Event Activation

We have enabled a bunch of event-related bonuses on Wayfinder to help players get to where they want to be following a server rollback this week. The following bonuses are available on Wayfinder through August 23rd:

• +200% Heroic and Epic XP
    • +100% Cannith Crafting XP
    • +100% Challenge Rewards Boost
    • +50% Reaper XP
    • +50% Guild Renown
    • +10 Treasure Hunter's Boost
    • +10% VIP XP
    • Double Mysterious Remnants (twice the chance for Remnants to appear when defeating a Champion)

We will have more information on subscription time and other concerns as we work through the process. Expect more information next week. Once again, we apologize for server issues this week on Wayfinder that required us to roll the server back to July 15th. We will make sure this kind of issue does not happen in the future.

UPDATE 8/12:

Hello, we want to update you on several efforts related to our recent rollback on Wayfinder. In particular:

- We have now refunded all DDO Point purchases made on Wayfinder between 5:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) on July 13th and 2:24 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on August 6th. Your point totals now reflect that refund. You can confirm you have received a refund by looking at your transaction history in the DDO Store. You'll have a point grant with the note "Wayfinder refund".

- All VIP subscribers who logged into a character on Wayfinder between 5:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) on July 13th and 2:24 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on August 6th have now had their subscription end date extended by 30 days. This can be confirmed by logging into myaccount.standingstonegames.com. NOTE: If you were a VIP subscriber during the above time frame but since had your subscription end, we are still working to grant you the 30 days of game time. We will announce when that work is complete.

- Work is being done to grant the following items to all characters who were created on Wayfinder prior to 5:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Wednesday, July 15th: One Heroic XP Stone that will grant 2 Million Experience when consumed (Bound to Character) and one Epic XP Stone that will grant 2 Million Experience when consumed (Bound to Character), and 50 Greater Elixirs of Discovery. These items will be automatically granted in-game in the near future. We will announce when that distribution has taken place.

If you need further assistance, please contact Customer Support through https://help.standingstonegames.com/...s/requests/new. Thank you.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 08-11-2020 at 04:47 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

I hear a pea rattling in a very large can.

Community Member

Cordovan, perhaps you could enlighten me on the unavailability of 3 of my toons on Orien? I sent a ticket 24 hours ago but have not heard anything yet. On 3 of my chars I get a message "your character could not be saved" when activating them from the character screen.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We have enabled a bunch of event-related bonuses on Wayfinder to help players get to where they want to be following a server rollback this week. The following bonuses are available on Wayfinder through August 23rd:

• +50% Reaper XP
    • +50% Guild Renown
    • +10% VIP XP
    • Double Mysterious Remnants (twice the chance for Remnants to appear when defeating a Champion)

We will have more information on subscription time and other concerns as we work through the process. Expect more information next week. Once again, we apologize for server issues this week on Wayfinder that required us to roll the server back to July 15th. We will make sure this kind of issue does not happen in the future.
    Would you consider making it 20% VIP bonus XP to help make up for the lost gold rolls and raids and past lives and more from the past several weeks?
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

• +50% Reaper XP
    • +50% Guild Renown
    • +10% VIP XP

Thank you for letting us know something before the weekend.
    These boosts will help us get our characters back to where they were, although I find it odd that the event length is shorter than the rollback days.
    I am hoping that we will find out the status of points bought, points spent, shards bought, shards spent, hearts used, ships bought, etc. very soon. This was money spent that should be refunded.

Once again, than you for letting us know something before the weekend
    Belzidar/Chalcidar/Gakar and a few others

Community Member

Still disappointed. Nothing here to increase named loot drop.

Percentages aren't high enough. We have to grind again within a shorter time frame just to get back to where we were, placing onus on us to grind even harder to get any type of extra progress.

What happened to Wayfinder should never happen in any game. Sometimes, though, things go wrong. Still, steps should always be taken to prevent such a disaster.

I know you folks at SSG want to try make up for it, but I have to say this is insufficient for one simple reason:

Losing your progress and having to repeat things you already did is one of the worst feelings in gaming. Certainly to me. I'm sure enough people were ticked off, and together with the recent lag - have less motivation to be playing DDO right now. Besides...We have no reason to think such a catastrophe won't occur again. Given the duration of this event buff - which is ending in just a few weeks - chances are a lot of people who were affected by it, and are now taking a very understandable break, aren't even going to benefit from it.

You should definitely extend it to be 2-3 months long at a minimum, or find another solution like granting things on a per character basis like some XP pots, treasure elixirs, hearts of wood, and so on, that they can choose to use when they wish to.

Furthermore - we as a playerbase, still don't have a good sense of what these down times were for and you have been more than vague about it. Now more than ever some transparency would be welcome. Specifically:

-What exactly the purpose and process was
    -Why the data on Wayfinder was lost and not backed up/retrievable
    -What steps you are taking to ensure such a thing never happens again on Wayfinder or any other server

Lastly...I know it's been a while since the game has got an update and the playerbase is probably a little antsy about that. To that I say @SSG - please take the necessary steps to ensure server health and customer satisfaction before pushing content our way. And to the players - have a little patience and understanding, and try do what you can to help them out. It's in your own best interest.

The most valuable thing that players lost was time and SSG's solution is to make them pay with more of their valuable time.

Is this a deliberate attempt to make more peeps play on Wayfinder? The only trade off is SSG's reputation; make of that what you will.

Community Member

Unhappy

Funny thing, I just started playing on Wayfinder maybe a week before the rollback. Wanted to make a toon on that server and grind some loot and universal trees before expansions close.

I grinded out many Ravenloft items for my toon and unlocked a Vistani knife fighter tree which I needed (three saga runs + specific quest grind for items). I also just did a Sharn run and got both sagas. Was going for unlocking inquisitive too.

Three weeks of my limited free time spent on mindless grind for items and tomes are now lost.

Now I don't have even a single item, no money, no tomes I got from sagas, no Vistani tree, I can't even play on elite because it's a first life toon.

I don't care about XP of any sort. I did not mindlessly grind for XP. I want my items and Vistani tree back!

Which will not happen, understandably. But I don't see how I can force myself to do all that again.

This is a horror, a real one. The one that makes you quit and never play the game again...

I wish I had a more constructive comment on how to make up for lost time and nerves... but I can't think of one.

This sucks...

Community Member

For me this event makes up for my lost time. But I only lost about 3 days. I feel for the people who lost the maximum time. Before this event kicked in I wasn't as lucky as the first time I ran Ravenloft with named loot. Hopefully now I get lucky again.

Community Member

Talking Thank you!

• +50% Reaper XP
    • +50% Guild Renown
    • +10% VIP XP

While I understand everyone's frustration, I think this is an appropriately generous response. Thank you.

Community Member

If world transfers were up you would see an utter pooopy-ton of transfers to Way to take advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Qwikkish View Post
    The most valuable thing that players lost was time and SSG's solution is to make them pay with more of their valuable time.

Is this a deliberate attempt to make more peeps play on Wayfinder? The only trade off is SSG's reputation; make of that what you will.

Community Member

What about those of us (hey, there's at least one other!) who don't want faster experience? Is there any way to disable it? Or are we forced to play on another server for the interim?

My plan was to make lemonade of this fiasco by seeing it as a "reset," a second chance, an opportunity for my kid and I to skip Korthos and go straight to a childhood memory of my own, the Keep on the Borderlands. But with this xp boost, we will out-level it and everything else post-haste (including Korthos hard/elite and everything running semi-parallel), and we of course do not want that. Because that's ridiculous.

I maintain that SSG is a good company, but this falls worse than short; this actually hampers players like me.
    DDO needs an XP limiter like LOTRO. A definite buy from me.

Community Member

• +50% Reaper XP
    • +50% Guild Renown
    • +10% VIP XP

As a programmer and an IT person, I get that this happens. I have personally had hard drive failures. They happen. I am grateful for what you have done to try to makeup for the loss of our progress due to the data rollback.

Quote Originally Posted by admurrii View Post
    As a programmer and an IT person, I get that this happens. I have personally had hard drive failures. They happen. I am grateful for what you have done to try to makeup for the loss of our progress due to the data rollback.
    As a programmer and an IT person, do you not do regular backups of mission critical data?
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Trakan View Post
    What about those of us (hey, there's at least one other!) who don't want faster experience? Is there any way to disable it? Or are we forced to play on another server for the interim?

My plan was to make lemonade of this fiasco by seeing it as a "reset," a second chance, an opportunity for my kid and I to skip Korthos and go straight to a childhood memory of my own, the Keep on the Borderlands. But with this xp boost, we will out-level it and everything else post-haste (including Korthos hard/elite and everything running semi-parallel), and we of course do not want that. Because that's ridiculous.

I maintain that SSG is a good company, but this falls worse than short; this actually hampers players like me.
    nah ddo does not need the stone of the tortoise, you can't overlevel by accident because in ddo you decide when you level up. you can just keep on playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trakan View Post

Just don’t take the next level. The extra heroic or epic XP will just go away. The only extra XP you’ll have is the reaper XP.
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

This is just hot garbage. SSG is telling us to go kick rocks. I don't agree this is anywhere near adequate enough.

Community Member

As an aside, so I go looking back through my DDO store transaction log. All of the purchases I made to them show up (ironically including the 3-month sub charge on 7/17), which includes the +8 supreme tome I bought on 7/27 (during the sale). Those points have not been refunded and the tome (and character that got it) are gone (I really want the tome back - not the points). I also agree with a post I read last night - you should reinstate all of the sales that were active between 7/15 and 8/6...

My main questions:
    1) What about all of the favor? It helps to boost XP and loot, but there is a fixed amount of time it takes to grind through hundreds of quests to boost your favor. I really don't know that I am OK with the answer to that being ...nothing.
    2) What about all of the guild renown - really, just a 50% boost??? How about making that +200% as well?
    3) Grind - it really seems to me that SSG's answer to all of that time lost is to ask us to spend more time getting back to where we were. Is that the intention - more work for us?

I personally think that with a screwup of this magnitude the response should be overwhelmingly generous - and in a way that restores, or at least tries to recompense, the time investment lost as opposed to requiring even more time investment. This solution requires that people spend time over the next 2 weeks (16 days, actually - a week less than the 23 days of lost time) in order to get anything in the way of compensation. ***? School is starting back basically now and people (students, or those of us with kids) are going to find it hard to even take advantage of these bonuses.

Since TRs are still limited by Wood/Blood/Epic/Iconic Hearts And the 3 day timer, is there any chance you could turn off the requirements for hearts and turn off the 3 day timer for Wayfarer for the month? That would be a real opportunity for people to catch up with what they lost.
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast