Thread: paladin gear

Default paladin gear

trying to finish tweaking out my pally.

pure pally build

i mostly want this to be non raid so i can start raiding if that makes sense....

first what i have:

head: umberbrim
    trinket: battlesworn medal
    neck: family sigil
    cloak: citys champion
    belt: lgs hp regen/unconscious range
    ring(swappable):celestial ruby (str)
    gloves: hammerfist
    feet: slavers umd, resistance, con, con
    ring(perm): celestial sapphire ring
    bracers: brightlord
    armor: enforcers coat
    goggles: precision lenses

what i am thinking of:
    head: umber brim
    trinket: bone figurine
    neck: family sigil
    belt: lgs as above
    ring(swappable): ruby ring
    feet: lgs fire res for hp
    ring(perm): sapphire ring
    armor: enforcers plate
    goggles: collective sight dex? and ins str?

weapon rn is blackrazor - goal is i guess upgraded blackrazor?

what im missing here is cha - norm ins and qual

this is a good start lets me have a chance, but still need some advice
    Last edited by Hobgoblin; 06-21-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Community Member Thunder-Monkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    trying to finish tweaking out my pally.

pure pally build

i mostly want this to be non raid so i can start raiding if that makes sense....

first what i have:

head: umberbrim
    trinket: battlesworn medal
    belt: lgs hp regen/unconscious range
    ring(swappable):celestial ruby (str)
    feet: slavers umd, resistance, con, con
    ring(perm): celestial sapphire ring
    armor: enforcers coat
    goggles: precision lenses

what i am thinking of:
    head: umber brim
    trinket: bone figurine
    belt: lgs as above
    ring(swappable): ruby ring
    feet: lgs fire res for hp
    ring(perm): sapphire ring
    armor: enforcers plate
    goggles: collective sight dex? and ins str?

weapon rn is blackrazor - goal is i guess upgraded blackrazor?

what im missing here is cha - norm ins and qual

this is a good start lets me have a chance, but still need some advice
    Neck? I'm assuming Family Recruit Sigil for Family set?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder-Monkey View Post
    Neck? I'm assuming Family Recruit Sigil for Family set?
    ya i missed that. thanks its in there

Cool, i'm also assuming STR based as you prioritized ins STR over CHA on your Collective Sight? Do you have an approprite artifact yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder-Monkey View Post
    Cool, i'm also assuming STR based as you prioritized ins STR over CHA on your Collective Sight? Do you have an approprite artifact yet?
    people told me to go with the brightlord - thinking about going with the brand though..... im torn on that

Yeh the armor-piercing on Brightlord is covered by your Family Sigil, I can see the Speed 30/15 being useful in freeing up a slot, extra smites are meh.

Brand has Quality accuracy/deadly which is harder to come across, and Fire Absorb 53% will be nice if you run THTH.

I'd strongly recommend using bloodrage chrism because it's suuuuper good. Also you might want to run some form of MRR. This is what I'm running now: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I have a bunch of comparisons below the filigree sets and have added your gearset for comparison as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythe777 View Post
    I'd strongly recommend using bloodrage chrism because it's suuuuper good. Also you might want to run some form of MRR. This is what I'm running now: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I have a bunch of comparisons below the filigree sets and have added your gearset for comparison as well.
    Does it work with bastard swords being considered two handed weapons?
    Officer - Eternal Wrath
    Burne Level 20 Human Paladin
    Sarlona

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by elraido View Post
    Does it work with bastard swords being considered two handed weapons?
    As of the beginning of U46 the Chrism did not work with hand-and-a-half weapons, despite you being in the THF style.

Bug reports have been placed and developers asked during Lamannia events to no avail.
    Sarlona: Tobril | Syg | Trogbril | Warmachyne | Sql

YouTube | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Tobril View Post
    As of the beginning of U46 the Chrism did not work with hand-and-a-half weapons, despite you being in the THF style.

Bug reports have been placed and developers asked during Lamannia events to no avail.
    The text of those effects says "When you are holding a Two-Handed Weapon", not "When you are in THF style." Chrism's various unique effects are not meant to work with hand-and-a-half weapons; while they do benefit from THF feats, they are not Two-Handed Weapons.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    The text of those effects says "When you are holding a Two-Handed Weapon", not "When you are in THF style." Chrism's various unique effects are not meant to work with hand-and-a-half weapons; while they do benefit from THF feats, they are not Two-Handed Weapons.
    what about handwraps?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Appreciate the reply.

There may be some advantage in clarifying how THF works with hand-and-a-half weapons with even bolder and more red text. There's literally a bazillion questions on dwarven axes and bastard swords every week with regards to vanguards, melee articifers, Fury of the Wild, etc.
    Sarlona: Tobril | Syg | Trogbril | Warmachyne | Sql

YouTube | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    what about handwraps?
    Handwraps are never considered Two-Handed Weapons in DDO except for the purpose of equipping other items in your Hands slots.

(I totally understand this is the reverse of the Hand-and-a-half example and is kind of silly as a result - Not how I'd have done it if I were the one making this from scratch, but here we are :P )
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Since paladin is a MAD class, I prefer the Collective Sight goggles for the stacking MRR.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

ok just as an update -

helm - arcsteel
    neck - family (non raid) - not sure if i should be worrying bout the raid version.
    trinket - corroded figurine
    cloak - citys champ
    belt - lgs hp regen (this is iffy could switch it out ez)
    ring1 - ruby ring
    gloves-hammerfist
    boots - sunken slippers
    ring 2 - sapphire ring
    bracers - brightlord
    armor - enforcers plate - could go coat as well...... not sure if the extra dodge is worth the prr/ac tradeoff
    goggles - collective sight - +10 str

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sythe777 View Post

I am just learning to play a paladin and I love this... the only question is on some of the lower gear you have "cc" and the gear name. What does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by VanCowboy View Post
    I am just learning to play a paladin and I love this... the only question is on some of the lower gear you have "cc" and the gear name. What does that mean?
    cannith crafted - you get to pick exactly the stats you want on the item http://ccplanner.byethost14.com/main.html?i=1 is a handy site to help with it

Default My 5 cents

Used this as template

THF more con
    Helm - Legendary Pansophic Circlet/Epic Halcyonia if flashy for heals. Legendary Umber Brim if no need for heals.
    Goggles - Legendary Precision Lenses (+9 insightful Strength)
    Necklace - Legendary Family Recruit Sigil (True Seeing, Armor-Piercing - 33%, Deadly +17, Relentless Fury)
    Trinket - Bloodrage Chrism (Competence Healing Amplification +83, Calamitous Blows, Bloodrage Defense, Rune-fueled Warding, Unnatural)
    Armor - Legendary Umbral Soul (+15 Enhancement Bonus, Fortification +214%, Physical Sheltering +54, Competence Repair Amplification +85, Hit Points +81)
    Cloak - Legendary Cloak of the City's Champion(+10 ins con, 13 q prr)
    Wrist - Brand of Kalok Shash (Strength +22, Quality Accuracy +8, Quality Deadly +5, Fire Absorption 53%)
    Belt - SL (Sheltering +45, Accuracy +28, Quality Strength +4)
    Ring - Legendary Celestial Topaz Ring (Charisma +21, Wizardy +440, Parrying +10, Lesser Displacement)
    Ring - SL(17 con, 4 con, 14 resist, 20 stunning)
    Gloves - Legendary Hammerfist (Insightful Doublestrike 11%, Cannith Combat Infusion, Seeker 21, Insightful Deadly +8)
    Boots - Legendary Spectre Boots( DS 23%, Ghost 10%, Seeker 21)
    W - Reflection of Blackrazor (+15 Enhancement Bonus, Overwhelming Stealer of Souls, Keen V, Entropic 9, Vampirism 4, Psychic Ward, Deconstructor, Vampire Slayer)

THF more cha
    Helm - Legendary Pansophic Circlet/Epic Halcyonia if flashy for heals. Legendary Umber Brim
    Goggles - Legendary Precision Lenses (+9 insightful Strength)
    Necklace - Legendary Family Recruit Sigil (True Seeing, Armor-Piercing - 33%, Deadly +17, Relentless Fury)
    Trinket - Bloodrage Chrism (Competence Healing Amplification +83, Calamitous Blows, Bloodrage Defense, Rune-fueled Warding, Unnatural)
    Armor - Legendary Umbral Soul (+15 Enhancement Bonus, Fortification +214%, Physical Sheltering +54, Competence Repair Amplification +85, Hit Points +81)
    Cloak - Legendary Mantle of Fury (Constitution +19, Raging Resilience, Doublestrike 22%, Dodge +19%)
    Wrist - Brand of Kalok Shash (Strength +22, Quality Accuracy +8, Quality Deadly +5, Fire Absorption 53%)
    Belt - SL (Sheltering +45, 14 resistance, Stunning +20, Quality Strength +4)
    Ring - Legendary Celestial Topaz Ring (Charisma +21, Wizardy +440, Parrying +10, Lesser Displacement)
    Ring - Legendary Ring of Prowess(Accuracy 28, melee power)
    Gloves - Legendary Hammerfist (Insightful Doublestrike 11%, Cannith Combat Infusion, Seeker 21, Insightful Deadly +8)
    Boots - Legendary Softsole Slippers (Ghostly, Anthem, Perform +22, Insightful Charisma +9))
    W - Reflection of Blackrazor (+15 Enhancement Bonus, Overwhelming Stealer of Souls, Keen V, Entropic 9, Vampirism 4, Psychic Ward, Deconstructor, Vampire Slayer)

If can afford Legendary Collective Sight (21 con, 10 str) - frees ring slot and swap for Legendary Ring of Prowess, moving 14 resist and 20 stun to belt.
    Legendary Unbreakable Stormreach Guardian's Helm if have Circle of Malevolence
    Actively playing on Cannith since 2018
    30+ PLs, 71 Reaper Points