Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: Thursday, April 9th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened.

The DDO game worlds will be brought down on Thursday, April 9th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for a hotfix. This hotfix includes a change aimed at fixing a recent bug discovered that is impacting game performance.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 04-09-2020 at 09:35 AM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Here's wishing the DDO exterminators all the luck in the world. SQUASH THAT BUG!

I had thought perhaps the hamsters had died in their wheels, or maybe were all eaten by wandering kobolds...

but I haven't seen many kobolds in Sharn so far, and that's where I noticed most of the bugging out.

Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Hopefully it's the same 'performance bug' that making Hobbit-side pretty much a nightmare as well. (I haven't forum-hopped to see)

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

release notes: horses no longer function in wilderness areas once any DA is activated
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    release notes: horses no longer function in wilderness areas once any DA is activated
    I guess they feel they've sold enough horses/KotB packs.

Community Manager

The game worlds have reopened. Please use this thread to let us know how your game experience goes once you log in post-patch. The state of the game world prior to today's update is not as relevant, unless today's patch doesn't do what we think it will.
    Join us on Twitch!

Where are these release notes?

Or are you being witty?

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Where are these release notes?

Or are you being witty?
    They were being witty. Horses are still present in DDO and should be unchanged in this patch.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The game worlds have reopened. Please use this thread to let us know how your game experience goes once you log in post-patch. The state of the game world prior to today's update is not as relevant, unless today's patch doesn't do what we think it will.
    Orion works fine - just did quest "Escape Plan" R4 heroic with out lag, 251 online during quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    They were being witty. Horses are still present in DDO and should be unchanged in this patch.
    While you're here - Would it be at all possible to have Invisibility work on Horseback?

Trying to catch up with zerging parties in Sands, {or Orchard, Vale and Amrath Heroic - GH isn't so bad as there's lots of space without mobs} going from OoB to Wiz King or Chains it would be nice to be able to not get mobbed with Red Alert!
    Last edited by FranOhmsford; 04-09-2020 at 10:48 AM.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

I don't know what changed, but I now have a new, ugly cloak as my default that I didn't have yesterday.

That doesn't seem to make a difference in my game's performance, but I did turn off my cloak because it was SUPER ugly. Red and mustard-yellow diagonal quarters with my robe clipping through the cloak.

I am not currently wearing a cosmetic cloak.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

this would be awesome... make it so...

those of us without horses have to deal with all the **** they leave behind... literally...
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post

those of us without horses have to deal with all the **** they leave behind... literally...
    It's pretty easy to get a horse currently (until April 30).
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post

I like my horse, a lot, and I am definitely guilty of red alert charging through wildernesses without killing anything - simply because its fast.

Horses definitely ruined wildernesses completely. Apart from Orchard in Epics I don't kill anything at all in wildernesses any longer if I can avoid it... but I guess that horse has left the barn.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Community Manager

The horse talk is basically fine, but is not helping us get your in-game experience post-patch in this thread. If you are in-game or have been in-game since today's patch, please let us know how things went.
    Join us on Twitch!

If you are in-game or have been in-game since today's patch, please let us know how things went.
    So far, quite nice on Khyber. No more insta-"lag" when a quest finishes and even the nasty parts of Wheloon have been smooth for me. I guess the real test now will be to see how things hold up as the week progress towards the next weekly restart day.

The horse talk is basically fine, but is not helping us get your in-game experience post-patch in this thread. If you are in-game or have been in-game since today's patch, please let us know how things went.
    Seems like lag from the client has greatly decreased. I still get a few network stutters, where everything freezes for a sec then speeds up to catch up, but that's kinda expected. The whole internet has been a bit like that lately. But the client lag, where my PC fan sounds like a jet engine and stuff freezes and then unfreezes without the speed-up a bunch of times (Or until I leave that instance), I haven't yet experienced since the update. Load times are also greatly decreased. I was seeing it take several minutes sometimes to just load up the character selection screen, and that's gone. And sometimes when jumping between instances the load screen would sit at 0% for a bit while my PC fan went nuts - That's gone as well. So far so better.

Community Member

We will need at least a couple of days to compare lag to previous experiences. So far there hasn't been any lag, but I haven't used the "kite monsters, break line of sight, cause massive lag" technique. Nor have the number of ghost LFMs/ghost airship instances had the time to increase. And the servers have not had the time to accumulate players stuck in loading screens/reincarnations/etc. and forcefully logging off.

I'm just saying that lag reports are not going to appear immediately after a server restart.
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast