Default A question about Reaper XP in epics

Regarding: "Reaper Experience now uses the same over and under level XP penalties as regular XP, which is based off of the modified level of the quest."

What about Epics? Does that scale like BB? (there's no example there for epic levels).

In epics, level 20 quests can have up to level 23 for BB, level 21+ quests can have up to +4 players levels for BB - does reaper work the same?
    Last edited by Miahoo; 08-13-2019 at 10:24 AM.
    Server: Cannith
    Mains: Miahoo, Miahoorog, Miahoohealer, Miahoohjeal, Miahoopuke

Community Member

It seems like base+3 should be the sweet spot for epic reaper. The BB range is 4 and the regular penalties (which should now be the reaper penalties) are adjusted+1 = 0%, adjusted+2= 10%. Making base +3 optimal for getting both in epics.

For heroics reaper is still base +3 but BB is base +2.... so base+2=adjusted is optimal.

The reaper formula shouldn't see a difference between epic and heroic I think, if it actually went by normal settings there would be no penalty in epics at all though. so I won't claim this for sure without testing.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I've asked this same question several times and been ignored.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Alright I finally broke down and did some testing.

I took my level 30 and stepped into several quests, I did not complete, only did R1, and only killed 10 mobs to see what the reaper xp said.

I ran a level 24 (26 on reaper) quest that I had run on reaper before.
    Base Reaper XP: 122 (As expected)
    Xp after 10 kills: 174

The I ran a level 24 quest that I had not run on reaper before (but had run on elite)
    Base Reaper XP: 122
    XP after 10 kills: 466

Level 26 quest I had run on elite but not reaper
    Base Reaper XP: 128
    Xp after 10 kills: 489

Finally I ran a level 26 quest I had never run before. I was given a bravery bonus of +50%, it should have been +100% according to the release notes? (or none if I was overlevel)
    Base Reaper XP: 128
    Xp after 10 kills: 489

So as near as I can tell there are no longer penalties to reaper xp in epics, just the 6 level lockout. That opens up a lot more options for getting reaper xp while epic leveling. It also allow players new to reaper to play lower levels quests at cap to start earning some reaper xp until they gain confidence.

Oh and if any devs who think we enjoy figuring this stuff out read this. I hated it, I would have much rather been actually playing for the last hour instead of figuring out what should have been an easily answered question.
    Last edited by Krelar; 08-13-2019 at 12:52 PM.

Community Member

I just ran R1 Kind of a Big Deal (base level 21 quest) at level 24, and it appeared that I didn't get the full BB bonus. I only got a 50% BB bonus. I stepped into The Price of Freedom on R1 just to test and the XP page said I was getting 100% BB xp.

It seems that Epic BB level ranges were messed with to some extent.
    Last edited by Fivetigers33; 08-13-2019 at 11:54 AM.
    Stratis on Khyber

Solo/duo raids and solo R10s. Come see what a bard can do.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq7...2ixwFkkmzBAvQw

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetigers33 View Post
    I just ran R1 Kind of a Big Deal (base level 21 quest) at level 24, and it appeared that I didn't get the full BB bonus. I only got a 50% BB bonus. I stepped into The Price of Freedom on R1 just to test and the XP page said I was getting 100% BB xp.

It seems that Epic BB level ranges were messed with to some extent.
    You know what I forgot what the new bravery bonus amounts were supposed to be. I was only getting 50% in the level 26 quest. So it has been nerfed in someway. (Although if I was "overlevel" shouldn't I have just not gotten any bravery bonus?)

Community Member

Thanks so much for the testing on this.

Here is a question that maybe has been answered before, but now we have a bit more clarity perhaps...

I usually skip the quests in heroics that have Legendary versions, thinking that way my first time rxp at cap is maxed on those. Now that we "know" that BB doesn't impact rxp, I am wondering if that makes sense?

For example, if I do a Ravenloft quest in heroics on Heroic Reaper X, then go to cap and repeat it as Legendary Reaper Y, do I get less rxp in Legendary Reaper Y than I would have if I did not do the heroic version?