Default Sentience Wolf Pup Collars Question

Is it possible to craft handwraps with a sentient jewel into a companion collar? Has anyone tried this? I noticed crafting a weapon that accepts sentience removes "accepts sentience" from the weapon description and you get the message that it won't accept a sentient jewel if you try it anyway. I'm wondering if there is a way to do it (and have the effects work).

Quote Originally Posted by Gywiden View Post
    Is it possible to craft handwraps with a sentient jewel into a companion collar? Has anyone tried this? I noticed crafting a weapon that accepts sentience removes "accepts sentience" from the weapon description and you get the message that it won't accept a sentient jewel if you try it anyway. I'm wondering if there is a way to do it (and have the effects work).
    I tested and it seems that if you add sentience to handwraps, they no longer can be converted into a collar.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    I tested and it seems that if you add sentience to handwraps, they no longer can be converted into a collar.
    thats not good to hear. i was kinda hoping this would work too.
    thanks for testing.

your friend sil

Also wanted to mention that in the process of testing I wasted 1250 Strahd runes on Duality. It doesn't seem to be able to be converted to a collar at all

Also wanted to mention that in the process of testing I wasted 1250 Strahd runes on Duality. It doesn't seem to be able to be converted to a collar at all
    Ok, if this is true, then this is very lame.
    This was on my to do list!

Community Member

Converting most named items is a waste even if it does convert, since pets can't make use of most of the new affixes or proc rubies.

Try a +++ HAMP L. Aff or LGS Ooze collar instead.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 07-30-2018 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Converting most named items is a waste even if it does convert, since pets can't make use of most of the new affixes or proc rubies.

Try a +++ HAMP L. Aff or LGS Ooze collar instead.
    ooze collar sounds like fun! Thanks for the suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Gywiden View Post
    Pet Slots do not support Sentience; it is intended that you cannot turn an item holding a Sentient Jewel into a Collar.

This is currently true - If a pair of Handwraps has ever held a Sentient Jewel, it cannot be converted into a Collar. We're going to look into whether or not the tech is there to change this.

Duality should work (I've done this myself), unless (as mentioned above) it's held a Sentient Jewel before.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    This is currently true - If a pair of Handwraps has ever held a Sentient Jewel, it cannot be converted into a Collar. We're going to look into whether or not the tech is there to change this.

Duality should work (I've done this myself), unless (as mentioned above) it's held a Sentient Jewel before.
    Slightly off topic... But could be related...

Incidentally, there's a sort of identical issue where you can glamor from a Sentience Weapon, but it can't be used in the offhand. (I've tried this with Celestia). Can I assume this is related to the same issue?

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath, Jedinja.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Thanks for all the answers!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Pet Slots do not support Sentience; it is intended that you cannot turn an item holding a Sentient Jewel into a Collar.

Thank you for the responses! I had a sentient jewel in Duality then removed it and tried to make a collar out of it. Thank you for clarifying that if handwraps ever had a sentient jewel then they can no longer be made into a collar.

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    Slightly off topic... But could be related...

Incidentally, there's a sort of identical issue where you can glamor from a Sentience Weapon, but it can't be used in the offhand. (I've tried this with Celestia). Can I assume this is related to the same issue?

J1NG
    Yes. I did this once and they refunded my toolkit. You have to remove the sentient jewel, use the mirror, and put the jewel and filigree back in if you want to use that in cosmetic form in the OH.

Edit: Which is a bummer if you are using some of the rarer rare filigrees. If you're just using a three piece poison or sucker punch set to level with, it isn't so bad other than the sentience toolkit.
    Last edited by adrian69; 12-15-2018 at 03:54 AM.