Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Update 39 Preview 2: White Plume Mountain and Other Tales

Update 39 is expected to feature an Adventure Pack named: White Plume Mountain and Other Tales which includes 5 new dungeons including the classic module White Plume Mountain, plus four more all-new tales of mad Wizards and their works. The 5 quests in this adventure pack are not part of a narrative arc but instead tied thematically around Wizards run amok.

The questgiver for White Plume Mountain is a Gatekeeper in the Eberron Hall of Heroes, near the Against the Slave Lords questgivers.

The questgivers for the rest of the pack are in the area outside the Tower of the Twelve, on the road leading to Meridia.

There is a transport NPC that will teleport you from the Eberrorn Hall of Heroes to outside the Tower of the Twelve and vice versa.

The Quests

• Kind of a Big Deal (Levels 6/21)

A powerful magical artifact has gone missing. If it's not found quickly, it could cause pandemonium in this once quiet valley.

• Another Man's Treasure (Levels 6/21)

Objects made out of pure platinum have unexpectedly turned up in the Stormreach Dump, causing dissent among the Kobolds who scavenge there.

• Memory Lapse (Levels 6/23)

The famous Wizard Tarent Hoxworth has organized his memory as a library. Each memory was neatly filed away on the shelves - until a rival Wizard cast a spell that has brought chaos to Tarent's tidy mind.

• The Price of Freedom (Levels 6/25)

The Esoteric Order of Aureon has built a very special prison specifically to contain lawbreakers who are talented in arcane arts.

• White Plume Mountain (Levels 9/32)

Search ye far or search ye near
    You'll find no trace of the three
    Unless you follow instructions clear
    For the weapons abide with me.

North past forest, farm and furrow
    You must go to the feathered mound
    Then down away from the sun you'll burrow
    Forget life, forget light, forget sound.

To rescue Wave's Crest, you must do battle
    With the Beast in the Boiling Bubble
    Crost cavern vast, where chain-links rattle
    Lies Whelm's Crest, past water-spouts double.

Blackrazor's Seal yet remains to be won
    Underneath inverted ziggurat.
    That garnered, think not that you're done
    For now you'll find you are caught

I care not, former owners brave
    What heroes you seek to hire.
    Thought mighty, I'll make each one my slave
    Or send them to the fire.

-Your host, Keraptis'

Quest Known Issues
    • All Quests
      • Some of the dungeons may not have music yet.
      • Some of the dungeons are not completely decorated yet.
      • An experience pass has been done (though it is not necessarily final.)
    • Kind of a Big Deal
      • Boulder Encounter has not been finished in its current form.
      • The area should be under the effect of a dimensional anchor. It is not currently so in the build, so I would suggest not using Dimension Door in it.
      • Monster Placement not final (They do not currently have intro animations, not placed logically, have additional text)
      • Stuck spot on the path to enter the Kobold Warren
      • There are a few areas that players are not meant to access that can currently be accessed. It should become obvious if you have reached one of these areas.
      • There is some floating dirt in the area.
      • There are performance skips on certain places on the map
    • Another Man's Treasure
      • The Endboss is currently placed in a very drab stone room. It has yet to be decorated but will be before release.
    • Memory Lapse
      • One of the books sometimes erroneously spawns in mid air
      • The podium will display the optional books whether or not you have collected them
      • When you pick up any book, An objective text will appear on the top and say "All (whatever wing it is in) books collected" even if you haven't collected the other book in the wing
    • White Plume Mountain
      • During a swimming section there is a opening in the floor which you can swim down and become trapped in darkness. We suggest you don't do that.
      • When you pick up the Crest of the sword text at the top will state" All the crests have been collected go collect your treasure!"
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 07-10-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Default White Plume Mountain Bonus Items

In addition to the White Plume Mountain and Other Tales adventure pack, the DDO Store will also feature a collection of Bonus Items for Update 39. The Bonus Items can be found alongside the Adventure Pack in the "Account->Adventure Packs->Low Level" section of the DDO Store. The Bonus Items can be purchased entirely separately regardless of whether you own the Adventure Pack or are a VIP. This is a set of optional complementary items to White Plume Mountain focusing primarily around Sentient weapons and cosmetics related to the classic module. (Note that the Bonus Items collection does not include any of the quests in the Adventure Pack, which is sold separately.)

Included In "White Plume Mountain Bonus Items" bundled collection
    • The Cerulean Crown of Wave
      Cosmetic Headwear: An exquisite crown made of ornate shells. Bound to Account. Will be delivered to the inventory of every character on your account the first time you log into the game world with them after purchase of the pack.
    • Cerulean Crest of Wave
      Cosmetic Armor: This cerulean blue and silver armor bears the crest of Wave, a rare and powerful sentient weapon. Bound to Account. Will be delivered to the inventory of every character on your account the first time you log into the game world with them after purchase of the pack.
    • Tiny Giant Crab Certificate
      Cosmetic Pet: An exceptionally tiny and not so giant, Giant Crab. Bound to Character. Will be delivered to the inventory of every character on your account the first time you log into the game world with them after purchase of the pack.
    • 5 Sentient Essences Worth 1000 XP Each per Server
      Can be fed to a Sentient Item to increase it's power. Bound to Account. All 5 will be delivered to the inventory of the first character you log into on each server after purchase of the pack.
    • Falconry Universal Enhancement Tree.
      Falconry, the Universal Enhancement Tree, will be available for all characters on the account after after purchase of the pack.This Universal Enhancement Tree is not specific to any one class; like Harper Agent and Vistani Knife Fighter any character can spend points in this tree once they have unlocked access to it. It represents a character who is trained not only in Falconry, but is adept at using the hunting bird to make coordinated attacks on targets. The tree is mostly martial, but has a touch of Primal magic at the top end. The intense training required to bond with and fight with these birds of prey also hones the character's perception and ability to make pinpoint attacks.

BUG: In the preview build, those who have purchased the White Plume Mountain Bonus Items are recieving 1 unit of 1000 Sentient XP in their inventory every time they log in. This will not function this way when Update 39 releases to the Live Servers.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 07-10-2018 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Complementary not complimentary. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    In addition to the White Plume Mountain and Other Tales adventure pack, the DDO Store will also feature a collection of Bonus Items for Update 39. The Bonus Items can be found alongside the Adventure Pack in the "Account->Adventure Packs->Low Level" section of the DDO Store. The Bonus Items can be purchased entirely separately regardless of whether you own the Adventure Pack or are a VIP. This is a set of optional complimentary items to White Plume Mountain focusing primarily around Sentient weapons and cosmetics related to the classic module. (Note that the Bonus Items collection does not include any of the quests in the Adventure Pack, which is sold separately.)

Included In "White Plume Mountain Bonus Items"
    • The Cerulean Crown of Wave
      Cosmetic Headwear: An exquisite crown made of ornate shells. Bound to Account. Will be delivered to the inventory of every character on your account the first time you log into the game world with them after purchase of the pack.
    • Cerulean Crest of Wave
      Cosmetic Armor: This cerulean blue and silver armor bears the crest of Wave, a rare and powerful sentient weapon. Bound to Account. Will be delivered to the inventory of every character on your account the first time you log into the game world with them after purchase of the pack.
    • Tiny Giant Crab Certificate
      Cosmetic Pet: An exceptionally tiny and not so giant, Giant Crab. Bound to Character. Will be delivered to the inventory of every character on your account the first time you log into the game world with them after purchase of the pack.
    • 5 Sentient Essences Worth 1000 XP Each per Server
      Can be fed to a Sentient Item to increase it's power. Bound to Account. All 5 will be delivered to the inventory of the first character you log into on each server after purchase of the pack.
    • Falconry Universal Enhancement Tree.
      Falconry, the Universal Enhancement Tree, will be available for all characters on the account after after purchase of the pack.This Universal Enhancement Tree is not specific to any one class; like Harper Agent and Vistani Knife Fighter any character can spend points in this tree once they have unlocked access to it. It represents a character who is trained not only in Falconry, but is adept at using the hunting bird to make coordinated attacks on targets. The tree is mostly martial, but has a touch of Primal magic at the top end. The intense training required to bond with and fight with these birds of prey also hones the character's perception and ability to make pinpoint attacks.
    So this is a separate purchase which gives you access to the Universal Falconry tree, a handful of cosmetics, and some one time use (x5) sentient xp gems? Correct?

BUG: In the preview build, those who have purchased the White Plume Mountain Bonus Items are recieving 1 unit of 1000 Sentient XP in their inventory every time they log in. This will not function this way when Update 39 releases to the Live Servers.
    lmao

So are you guys thinking about making sentient xp boxes now?
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

The stuff in preview 2 sold me. I was almost assuredly going to buy it, but now there's no way I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    So this is a separate purchase which gives you access to the Universal Falconry tree, a handful of cosmetics, and some one time use (x5) sentient xp gems? Correct?
    Yes. These are separate purchases. There is 0 crossover in the contents of either purchase.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 07-10-2018 at 04:02 PM.

I think all of these are separate purchases rather than a single one.

It's an all or nothing bundle.

Not that I'm VIP, but are these quests/contents available to VIP's? Or does this work like a fake expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Revolted View Post
    Not that I'm VIP, but are these quests/contents available to VIP's? Or does this work like a fake expansion?
    As with all other non-expansion pack adventure packs: White Plume Mountain and Other Tales adventure pack will be accessible to all VIPs.

Though thematically related, the “White Plume Mountain Bonus Items” bundle is only able to be accessed by those that decide to purchase it with DDO Points.

As with all other non-expansion pack adventure packs: White Plume Mountain and Other Tales adventure pack will be accessible to all VIPs.

Though thematically related, the “White Plume Mountain Bonus Items” bundle is only able to be accessed by those that decide to purchase it with DDO Points.
    Won't that be a call for angry shouts from VIP's, since, unless they stop being VIP's they won't be able to get the cosmetics? Those VIP's I know are strange people that love cosmetics! Or can VIP's now buy adventure packs?

Community Member

Won't that be a call for angry shouts from VIP's, since, unless they stop being VIP's they won't be able to get the cosmetics? Those VIP's I know are strange people that love cosmetics! Or can VIP's now buy adventure packs?
    I think it's VIP get access to White Plume and Other Tales.

VIP still have to spend DDO points for the extras.

Yes. These are separate purchases. There is 0 crossover in the contents of either purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    It's an all or nothing bundle.
    Okay now I'm confused. I was asking if the cosmetic package+falconry tree was a separate purchase from White Plume Mt Adventure pack... now I'm wondering who is right and if the cosmetics, enhancement tree, and sentient xp are all separate purchases?
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Being a VIP will not exclude anyone from being able to purchase the White Plume Mountain Bonus Items collection. In fact, the VIP program comes with a monthly DDO point grant that can, should the individual value the cosmetics, Sentient XP, or universal enhancement tree, be used to purchase the optional collection of items.

Okay now I'm confused. I was asking if the cosmetic package+falconry tree was a separate purchase from White Plume Mt Adventure pack... now I'm wondering who is right and if the cosmetics, enhancement tree, and sentient xp are all separate purchases?
    There are two entirely seperate, except in thematic connection, collections for purchase.

1. White Plume Mountain and Other Tales Adventure pack (as outlined in the first post)
    2. White Plume Mountain Bonus Items (as outlined in the second post in this thread)

None of the individual items, features, or quests may, at this time, be purchased individually. That’s where Red Panda was speaking about an All or Nothing Bundle. It’s just that there are two All or Nothing Bundles available. People may purchase both, one, or neither depending on their own desires.

Less confused? =]

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Being a VIP will not exclude anyone from being able to purchase the White Plume Mountain Bonus Items collection. In fact, the VIP program comes with a monthly DDO point grant that can, should the individual value the cosmetics, Sentient XP, or universal enhancement tree, be used to purchase the optional collection of items.
    I really hope there is some other way of getting the universal tree. I have no interested in clogging up all my characters inventories with more cosmetics. At least it looks like they are BTA this time so I suppose I can delete most of them, that's still more work than I want to go through. (plus the whole paying more because of them thing)

Less confused? =]
    Now I am, Red_Panda post made me think the bonus item bundle and the quests were a single purchase, hence my questioning Thank you for the clarification

EDIT: That and the lack of reading the complete OP's on the top My bad

This is a set of optional complimentary items to White Plume Mountain... which is sold separately.)
    These two things do not go together. Something that is complimentary is free. I think you meant complementary.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauven View Post
    These two things do not go together. Something that is complimentary is free. I think you meant complementary.
    Certainly did! Correcting now.

Got another question though.

Falconry Universal Enhancement Tree. Is this only obtainable by buying it in a bundle? I'm asking it because

1- it's a new aproach to a universal tree, as both previous ones could be obtained by Favor;
    2- Being it part of a bundle it will be way more expensive than Harper or VKF (or will the bundle of goodies be sold at the same price?), which will make it basicaly a P2W situation.

So what I'm asking is: is there any other way to get the tree other than buying the bundle?

There are two entirely seperate, except in thematic connection, collections for purchase.

1. White Plume Mountain and Other Tales Adventure pack (as outlined in the first post)
    2. White Plume Mountain Bonus Items (as outlined in the second post in this thread)

None of the individual items, features, or quests may, at this time, be purchased individually. That’s where Red Panda was speaking about an All or Nothing Bundle. It’s just that there are two All or Nothing Bundles available. People may purchase both, one, or neither depending on their own desires.

Less confused? =]
    Much less thank you.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast