Community Member

Default UI Layout Saving and Loading

I noticed someone claiming that the toolbar layout can not be saved or loaded on the Mac client. This is not true.

To save your current toolbar layout, type:

Code:
    /ui layout save /Users/your_home_directory/your_layout_file_name
    To restore any of the layouts you have saved, type:

Code:
    /ui layout load /Users/your_home_directory/your_layout_file_name
    Note that "your_home_directory" is whatever the name of your home directory is. It is not literally "your_home_directory".
    "your_layout_file_name" can be any name. For example "toolbars14" which is the file I personally use for my 14 toolbar layout.

This is incredibly useful during TR. A simple "ui layout load" will put all the bars back where you are used to seeing them. It doesn't fill anything out, but it's still a huge time saver.

Community Manager

Ah, nice. Thanks for putting this together.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

I have experienced issues with this recently, however. (and by that I mean sometime in the last...3 months-ish maybe?) It seems that if your hotbars aren't in the correct orientation the command fails and give you a string error.

It used to be that if you had bars that were not correctly oriented, the command would attempt to place them in the correct location, but not fix the orientation. This was nice because you didn't have to know which bars were vertical and which were horizontal in your layout file.

Now, however, it simply errors out and doesn't do anything. So, unless you know exactly which bars you need to change orientation for, the command doesn't do anything. Luckily I use the same layout on all my characters so I can login to another character and figure it out, but it'd be way more useful if it was fixed back to the old method.

Quote Originally Posted by ice584 View Post
    I have experienced issues with this recently, however. (and by that I mean sometime in the last...3 months-ish maybe?) It seems that if your hotbars aren't in the correct orientation the command fails and give you a string error.
    Restart the client. That's literally the way I've always fixed the command giving me string errors.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    The Band of Gypsys

Default Ui

I put this in an /alias so I just have to do ;uiload or ;uisave now after a tr I do have to do the full string the first time. I save it to a temp file before the TR then do a load from the temp. If and error happens it can be run quickly again with the /alias.
    Main Characters Adarshae, Adenasenka, Nimithar Pyri and of Argonnessen
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Restart the client. That's literally the way I've always fixed the command giving me string errors.
    I'll have to test this out next time it happens. Though this is an issue I've had a few times now after many restarts of the client. It just never seems to work unless your hotbars are already in the correct orientation.

thank you! Am on a MAC and it is infuriating at times.

In the final fight of the Pit, screen went blank and could not see past the stairs. I had joined a great PUG late and fortunately they were unfazed by my uselessness
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players