Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default 12 Artificer 6 Fighter 2 Monk Reaper Build

I originally designed this build for heroic racial reincarnations and reaper xp. I am currently running the build on Randomall (Alt #4) of Sarlona. I started last week with 0 reaper action points and now have 15 reaper action points after running mostly at-level 3 skulls with some 4 skull and 2 skull mixed in when joining other groups. About one-third of my runs were solo. My best guess is that I can solo about 80-90% of the content at 3 skulls reaper. The runs got much easier as I progressed from 0 reaper points to 15 reaper points.

I originally built the character with just 1-20 racial reincarnation in mind, but will be running epics as well due to all the tasty rxp that can be gained from a quick epic life. It was built with the new U36 artificer benefits in mind. The build is based on a previous 10 artificer 8 fighter 2 monk build that was designed before the U36 artificer changes.

The idea of the build is to front-load as much power early through multi-classing. The build is solid from level 1 to Level 30. It's not a max dps build instead the goal of the build is to solo a high percentage of content at 3 skulls to start and higher as reaper xp is gained. The dps is still solid on the build.

Another goal of the build is maximum reaper xp which is obtained with the trap bonus and fewer deaths compared to many other builds. In addition, self healing is an important goal in reaper and this build self-heals and provides emergency healing for the party via scrolls. As an artificer the build is able to maximize both UMD and concentration which makes scroll healing more effective. As an added bonus artificers get bonus caster levels with scrolls.

This thread will be different than most of my build threads which are focused on a capped character since the focus here is reincarnation and leveling. So the build will explain level up changes by level.

Level 1-9 Plan: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5995677

Level 10-20 Plan: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5995680

One of the most common questions I get is why 6 fighter and 2 monk instead of 8 more artificer for deadly weapons, +4 int and the other benefits.

I get the following benefits:
    - 25 PRR and 15 MRR from stalwart defender defense stance for 6 AP which helps me survive melee hits from carnage reaper or champions of cruelty.
    - 4 net feats (6 feats instead of 2)
    - Extra dodge and dodge cap from the feats, Kensai and monk auto-granted dodge
    - Evasion with Insightful Reflexes
    - Higher saves from class choices
    - 10 more healing amp for 1 action point in shintao
    - Improved Critical, Improved Precise Shot (Higher BAB) and +1 crit multiplier (Kensai 11 ap vs Artificer capstone) sooner
    - The fighter levels 3-4 and monk levels 5-6 let me front-load ranged feats early. By level 6 I have all the key ranged feats, completionist and insightful reflexes.

This is a leveling build not a build intended to sit at cap. If I was planning to stay at cap I would squeeze in the extra 2 int among other changes. It needs to be race-neutral and in my opinion should be able to solo most content even if planning to group.

Since some players may not understand why I am listing nightshield scrolls. One of the spells reapers and some champs cast is magic missle. Since there is no save and the spell can't be evaded a crit can kill you or take your life so low you can easily be killed. Casting nightshield whenever it's coming off timer will prevent alot of deaths from magic missle.

At level 30 thrower is still the best ranged build despite the changes to AA as the high attack speed combined with sneak damage and ender is simply amazing. Mechanics are also better at 30 in my opinion, but both builds are more painful to level. So if you are looking for a build to get to 30 and stay there I would look at thrower first and secondly mechanic. Thrower is a high investment high reward build. Mechanic is an easy-button relatively speaking. You get a lot of power without farming for past lifes and gear.

The build earns approximately 124,917 rxp from 1 to 20 running R3. So if you did 30 heroic 1-20 lifes you would end up with just under 4 million rxp You will nearly double that if you run from 1-30 rather than just 1-20.
    Last edited by slarden; 08-20-2017 at 08:31 AM.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Default What if I am new or a first-lifer?

Reaper is intended for experienced players using accomplished characters. There are some builds that don't benefit much from past lifes such as various blasting warlock builds.

Ranged builds benefit tremendously from past lifes:
    +6 damage from 3x ranger past lifes
    +3 damage from 3x monk past lifes
    +30 healing amplification from 3x paladin past lifes
    + 3 enhancement bonus from 3x arcane past lifes (translates to +3 damage and attack)
    +9% doubleshot bonus from 3x primal past lifes

In addition an upgraded quiver of alacrity or the old cannith crafting enable you to get 10% ranged alacrity at level 1. Those items are harder to get now.

If you want to run elite you can run this build as a first lifer and crush content. You can perform ok in reaper, but I would suggest at a minimum you try for the following:

- 3 ranger lifes
    - 3 monk lifes
    - 3 primal lifes (double shot)
    - 3 arcane lifes (enchant weapon).

Nice to haves
    - 3 paladin lifes for Healing Amp
    - 3 divine lifes for brace
    - 3 martial lifes for skill focus

These aren't absolutely essential at the moment because to the extent your dps is lower, you can make up for that in heroic content with a vorpal and later an improved vorpal weapon. I will discuss that more a little later. However, if you focus on ranger and monk past lifes first it will make those reaper lifes a little easier.

My UMD benefits from completionist (+2), epic past life skill focus (+3) and elite spider cult mask (+1) which was a motu pre-order cosmetic item. If you don't have these things you might want to start with a higher charisma (lowering con and/or strength) and in addition take skill focus UMD in place of completionist. UMD is a key aspect of this build. Getting to the required UMD for raise scrolls, heal scrolls and resurrection scrolls requires maxing UMD, the benefits just mentioned, heroism/greater heroism and a charisma item (ins cha at higher levels). If you are running the build with some changes based on your play style I wouldn't short-change UMD as one of those changes.

Keeping heroism potions or the greater heroism scroll buff going at all times for the extra +2/+4 skills which includes UMD. One of the greatest benefits a multi-lifer has is higher UMD for heroic levels, but you can work around this by making the right choices.

To the extent you don't have many past life benefits or optimal gear and still run the build, using a vorpal weapon will be more important. I don't find vorpal all that useful until the mid teen levels when improved vorpal becomes available because my dps is good, however without the +12 per bolt from past lifes and optimal gear it will take more hits to kill enemies and vorpal will become more important as it will proc more frequently before you kill enemies. So focus heavily on vorpal if your damage seems light. It's the great equalizer of reaper. Farm quick quests frequently at levels you are mainly artificer to check for good vorpal weapons in the end reward list. Repeaters drop rarely during a life, but you will see a few in every end reward list when you have more artificer levels than anything else including most harbor quests where I've found some absolute gems. At a minimum run the finding meridia quest your first life to find a good low level vorpal weapon.
    Last edited by slarden; 12-17-2017 at 05:23 AM.

Default Leveling Plan 1 to 10

Level 2-9 Suggested Cannith Crafted Gear. Use random gear if you can't make these, but make leveling your cannith crafting should be part of your plan as finding the exact gear you need for each level range is tough.
    ----------------
    Helm: Int/Accuracy
    Necklace: Spell Saves/Spot
    Trinket: Strength / Tendon Slice (or alternatively Strength / Ranged Alacrity)
    Cloak: Mysterious Cloak (starting at level 7) [Feather Fall + Master's Gift Augment]
    Belt: Dodge / False Life
    Ring 1: Constitution / Sheltering
    Gloves: Doubleshot / Healing Amp
    Boots: Rock Boots at level 4
    Ring 2: Charisma / Protection
    Bracers: Resistance / Fortification
    Armor: Fearsome / Invulnerability with Master's Gift Augment (level 1 only - I don't upgrade) until level 7 then I start using Frozen Tunic
    Goggles: Seeker / Deadly (Swap goggles: Search/True Sight and Disable/Open Lock)
    Weapons: By Level
    Rune Arms: By Level (Concentration crafted on)
    Quiver: Upgraded Quiver of Alacrity if you have it (Striding 30% and Ranged Alacrity 10%)
    Elite Spider Cult Mask if you have it (+1 to skills)

Vorpal weapons: Try and grab every vorpal weapon you can (mostly from end rewards). They are extremely powerful with repeaters since it has 3-4 chances per attack. If it takes more than 4-5 hits to take down enemies vorpal is almost always the way to go. The extra base damage and kill chance is worth more than any prefix+suffix in this game.

If you are lucky enough to find a level 4 keen /vorpal with slot add ghostbase augment and you are set for most quests in the game for several levels. Check your end reward lists they drop in the harbor quests as end rewards.

LEVEL 1
    ----------
    Class: Artificer
    Race: Any
    Feats: Point Blank Shot (General)
    Starting Stats (36 pt build) - Generic - tweak as needed for each race

Str: 14
    Int: 16
    Wis: 8
    Dex: 16 (you will need +3 tome to get improved precise shot and +5 tome to get combat archery at 21)
    Con: 16
    Char: 8

Alternatively you can max int to 18 and start strength at 8 but realistically carrying capacity is a real issue during heroic leveling. I ran with Int 18/St 8 and Int 16/St 14 and noticed no difference other than load issues. Starting with a strength of 8 requires keeping small stacks of potions and scrolls and swapping quest-specific weapons between quests.

Skill Points (28)
    - Concentration +4
    - Disable Device +4
    - Open Lock +4
    - Search +4
    - Spot +4
    - UMD + 4
    - Tumble +1 (2 points)
    - Jump +1 (2 points)

Spells Added:
    - Conjure Bolts
    - Enchant Weapon

Weapons (used level 1 for Kobold's New Ringleader Only):
    - Light / Keen (Kobolds)
    - Ghost Touch / Lawful Outsider Bane (Reapers)

Note: If you have a min level 1 festival icy burst lacerating weapon this is good for the early levels and can replace other weapons.

Armor
    - Fearsome / Invulnerability with Master's Gift Slotted - used until Level 7. Ideally with first stone of change hardening ritual.

Other Gear:
    - upgraded Quiver of Alacrity if you have it (or ranged alacrity item from old cannith crafting - these are nice to have but not necessary)
    - Deadly +1 item
    - Necklace of Contemplation
    - Boots of the Long Step
    - Harper Pin, Greater (Favor Reward)
    - Cursed Blade of Jack Jibbers

That is all I use for level 1 and then I start using gear level 2

Consumables to Add:
    - Potions of Blindness Removal (Jalin Kalabrey Potion Vendor Center of Marketplace)
    - Potions of Poison Neutralization (Jalin Kalabrey Potion Vendor Center of Marketplace)
    - Potions of Disease Removal (Jalin Kalabrey Potion Vendor Center of Marketplace)
    - Potions of Lesser Restoration (Jalin Kalabrey Potion Vendor Center of Marketplace) - Note these are near useless in reaper but only option until level 5
    - Potions of Curse Removal (Jalin Kalabrey Potion Vendor Center of Marketplace)
    - Potions of Cure Serious Wounds (Elmar Flask Guild Potion Vendor House K)
    - Potions of Haste (Elmar Flask Guild Potion Vendor House K)
    - Potions of Heroism (Elmar Flask Guild Potion Vendor House K)
    - Scrolls of Cure Moderate Wounds (Aulandar Thistlecrown House J House of Wizardry)
    - Scrolls of Nightshield (Lorna Wyrmtouched Arcane Scroll Vendor Level 1 Center of Marketplace)
    - Small stack of scrolls of jump (Lorna Wyrmtouched Arcane Scroll Vendor Level 1 Center of Marketplace)
    - Scrolls of Blur (Morna Wyrmtouched Arcane Scroll Vendor Level 2 Center of Marketplace)
    - Eternal Flask of Free Movement (available from remnant vendor at times)
    - Eternal Flask of Stoneskin (available from remnant vendor at times)
    - Scrap Metal From a Forge (Taniera Grisvill Artificer Scroll Vendor House Cannith)
    - Don't forget to set your racial enhancement points if you have any from past lifes

Self Healing on 3 skulls:
    Cure Serious Wounds Potions: 8-12 life
    Cure Moderate Wounds Scrolls: 5-7 life (these are for healing others rather than self)

Questing:
    I usually just run Kobold's New Ringleader on 3 skull reaper. Then repeat on Elite, Hard and Normal as needed until you reach level 2. Level up immediately there is no reason to bank xp.

LEVEL 2
    ----------
    Feats: None
    Stat Increase: None

Skill Points (8)
    - Concentration +1
    - Disable Device +1
    - Open Lock +1
    - Search +1
    - Spot +1
    - UMD + 1
    - Jump +.5 (1 point)

Spell Added:
    - Enchant Armor

Enhancement Point Spend:
    - Harper: Agent of Good,
    - Harper: Harper Enchantment
    - Harper: Strategic Combat I
    - Harper: Know the Angles x3

Weapons Added/Upgraded:
    - Good / Undead Bane

Other Gear Added/Upgraded:
    - Cannith Crafting Gear Added
    - Rune Arm Added (Flame Warden from Waterworks or Thought Spike from Redemption)

Consumables Added/Upgraded:
    - No Changes

Self Healing on 3 Skulls:
    Cure Moderate Wounds Scrolls: 5-7 life (these are for healing others rather than self)

LEVEL 3
    ----------
    Class: Fighter
    Feats: Rapid Shot (Fighter Feat), One of Completionist/Barbarian Past Life/Skill Focus UMD/Toughness (General Feat).
    Stat Increase: +1 to each stat where you have a +1 tome or better

Skill Points (5)
    - Search +1 (2 points)
    - UMD + 1 (2 points)
    - Jump +1

Enhancement Point Spend:
    - Harper: Intelligence (Core 2)
    - Harper: Strategic Combat II

Weapons Added/Upgraded:
    - None

- Upgrade Rune Arm to Flicker (Seal of Shan-to-Kor end reward and/or Candlelight (Catacombs end reward)

- Scrolls of Cure Serious Wounds (Aulandar Thistlecrown House J House of Wizardry) instead of Scrolls of Cure Moderate Wounds

Self Healing on 3 Skulls:
    Cure Serious Wounds Scrolls: 9-13 life

LEVEL 4
    ----------
    Feats: Precise Shot (Fighter Feat)
    Stat Increase: Intelligence +1 (Level Up)

Skill Points (6)
    - Disable Device +1 (2 points)
    - UMD + 1 (2 points)
    - Jump +2

Enhancement Point Spend:
    - Arcanotechnician: Archanotechnician (Core 1)
    - Arcanotechnician: Wand and Scroll Mastery x3

Weapons Added/Upgraded:
    - Cannith Crafting Level 4 Weapons have 2 dice instead of 1
    - Cannith Crafting Clothing and Jewelry upgraded
    - Light / Bludgeoning as general purpose weapon
    - Light / Keen
    - Ghost Touch / Lawful Outsider Bane for reapers
    - Metalline / Aligned

- Set your Reaper Points - you can start using these at level 4.

- None

Cure Serious Wounds Scrolls: 18-25 life

LEVEL 5
    ----------
    Class: Monk
    Feats: Precision (Monk Feat)

Skill Points (6)
    - Concentration +3
    - UMD +1 (2 skill points)
    - Spot +1

Enhancement Point Spend:
    - Shintao: Bastion of Purity (Core 1)
    - Battle Engineer: Battle Engineer (Core 1)
    - Battle Engineer: Crossbow Training (Tier 1)

Weapons Added/Upgraded:
    - None

- Upgrade Rune Arm to Chimera's Breath (Sentinel's of Stormreach end reward)
    - Pale Lavender Ioun Stone
    - Visor of the Flesh Render Guards (I carry 5 of these all the way to cap - they weight 1/10 of a pound each)

- Scrolls of Cure Critical Wounds (Aulandar Thistlecrown House J House of Wizardry) instead of Scrolls of Cure Serious Wounds
    - Scrolls of Restoration (Aulandar Thistlecrown House J House of Wizardry)
    - Scrolls of Stone Skin (Taniera Grisvill Artificer Scroll Vendor House Cannith)
    - Web traps (made with web scrolls, magical trap parts, mechanical trap parts - situationally useful)

Cure Critical Wounds Scrolls: 25-35 life

LEVEL 6
    ----------
    Class: Monk
    Feats: Insightful Reflexes (General), Dodge (Monk)

Skill Points (5)
    - Concentration +1
    - Spot +3

Enhancement Point Spend:
    - Field Scrapper x2 (leave 2 open for defensive stance next level)

Weapons Added/Upgraded:
    - None

- None

- No Changes

Cure Critical Wounds Scrolls: 25-35 life

LEVEL 7
    ----------
    Stat Increase: +1 to each stat where you have a +2 tome or better

Skill Points (6)
    - Concentration +1 (2 skill point)
    - Jump +2

Enhancement Point Spend:
    - Stalwart Defender: Toughness (Core 1)
    - Stalwart Defender: Durable Defense x3
    - Stalwart Defender: Stalwart Defensive Mastery x1
    - Stalwart Defender: Stalwart Defense (Core 2)

Weapons Added/Upgraded:
    - None

- Mysterious Cloak added (feather fall +master's gift slotted)
    - Frozen Tunic replaces fearsome/invulnerability armor

- Scrolls of Raise Dead (Aulandar Thistlecrown House J House of Wizardry)
    - Scrolls of Teleport (Franz Alastor House K Arcane Scroll Vendor)

Cure Critical Wounds Scrolls: 26-37 life

LEVEL 8
    ----------
    Stat Increase: +1 Intelligence (Level Up)

Skill Points (9)
    - Concentration +1
    - Disable Device + 4
    - Search +3
    - UMD +1

Spell Added:
    - Elemental Weapons

Enhancement Point Spend:
    - Battle Engineer: Field Scrapper x2
    - Battle Engineer: Crossbow Training (Tier 2)

Weapons Added/Upgraded:
    - None

- Frozen Tunic upgraded from level 4 version to level 8

- Two-Headed Coins (Taniera Grisvill Artificer Scroll Vendor House Cannith)

Cure Critical Wounds Scrolls: 26-37 life

LEVEL 9
    ----------
    Feats: Combat Casting (General), Weapon Focus Ranged (Fighter) - before commenting on Combat Casting see notes in Level 12 section for explanation

Skill Points (7)
    - Concentration +1 (2 points)
    - Jump +3
    - UMD +1 (2 points)

Enhancement Point Spend:
    - Battle Engineer: Action Boost Power x3
    - Battle Engineer: Infused Armor (Core 3)

Weapons Added/Upgraded:
    - Cannith Crafting Weapon Upgrade (3 dice instead of 2)
    - Chaotic/ Construct Bane,
    - Metalline / Aligned

- None

- Scrolls of Heal (Aulandar Thistlecrown House J House of Wizardry)
    - Scrolls of Greater Heroism (Franz Alastor House K Arcane Scroll Vendor)
    - Scrolls of True Seeing (Franz Alastor House K Arcane Scroll Vendor)

Heal Scrolls: 128 Life

For Level 10 see the next section - I meant for this section to be 1-9. Starting at level 10 a bonus slot is available in Cannith crafting.
    Last edited by slarden; 08-04-2017 at 01:14 PM.

Default Leveling Plan 11 to 20

Level 10-20 Suggested Cannith Crafted Gear. Use random gear if you can't make these, but make leveling your cannith crafting should be part of your plan as finding the exact gear you need for each level range is tough.

This is what I think is ideal gear - it's not needed, just helpful
    ----------------
    Helm: Intelligence/Accuracy/Insightful Intelligence
    Necklace: Spell Saves/Spot/ Insightful Charisma
    Trinket: Armor Piercing/Ranged Alacrity/Ins Deadly
    Cloak: Mysterious Cloak [Feather Fall + Master's Gift Augment]
    Belt: Dodge / Natural Armor / Insightful Dodge
    Ring 1: Constitution / False Life / Insightful Constitution
    Gloves: Doubleshot / Healing Amp/Insightful Tendon Slice
    Boots: Greensteel Smoke Boots (Blur/Displacement Clickie starting at 11) or Rock Boots
    Ring 2: Charisma / Protection /Insightful Spell Saves
    Bracers: Resistance / Insightful PRR / Sheltering (Slot Heavy Fortification Augment somewhere)
    Armor: Frozen Tunic and later Combat Mastery/Insightful Combat Mastery/Parrying
    Goggles: Seeker / Deadly / Tendon Slice (Swap goggles: Search/Insightful Search and Disable Device/Open Lock/Insightful Disable Device)
    Weapons: By Level
    Rune Arms: By Level (Concentration/ Insightful Concentration)
    Quiver: Upgraded Quiver of Alacrity if you have it (Striding 30% and Ranged Alacrity 10%), Elite Quiver of Poison at Level 14
    Elite Spider Cult Mask if you have it (+1 to skills)

Important Augments to Note:
    - Heavy Fortification
    - Immunity to Fear
    - Deathblock (starting at level 12)
    - Vitality +20
    - Strength +x (for carrying capacity)
    - Striding XX% (if you don't have quiver which I don't on Randomall)

I use stone of change ritual on my con/false life ring for stacking +1 to saves

LEVEL 10
    ----------
    Feats: Improved Critical Ranged (Artificer)

Skill Points (9)
    - Concentration +1
    - Disable Device +2
    - Search +3
    - Spot +2
    - UMD +1

Enhancement Point Spend:
    - Battle Engineer: Crossbow Training (Tier 3)
    - Battle Engineer: Extra Action Boost x1

Spells Added:
    - Byeshk Weapons

Weapons Added/Upgraded:
    - Cannith Crafting Weapon Upgrade (3 dice and [1.5] instead of 3 dice and [1]). These weapons work from 10-14
    - Light / Bludgeon Damage
    - Light / <Bane> Weapons: Undead, Giants, Orcs, Goblinoids, Reptilian, Dragon, Elf, Elemental, Construct, Gnoll, Dwarf, Aberration
    - Ghost Touch / Lawful Outsider
    - Metalline / Aligned

- Cannith Crafted Jewelry and Clothing upgraded

- None

- Heal Scrolls: 143 Life

LEVEL 11
    ----------
    Stat Increase: +1 for each stat where you have a +3 or higher tome

Skill Points (9)
    - Concentration +1
    - Disable Device +2
    - Search +2
    - Spot +3
    - UMD +1

Spells Added:
    - None

Enhancement Point Spend:
    - Battle Engineer: Extra Action Boost x2 (x3 total)

Weapons Added/Upgraded:
    - None

- Greensteel Boots if you have those or can make those. I use 5x Smoke Boots for permanent blur and 10 displacement clickies. If you don't like playing casters Vacuum is an interesting choice for the instakill proc and a way to get soul stone gems for cannith crafting. Concordant Opposition is always a great choice to proc temp hp and spell point regeneration. Tier 3 should be a skill you want to focus on (+6 charisma skills for UMD or +6 int skills for trapping).

- Scrolls of Resurrection (Ariel Bianchi Guild Divine Scroll Vendor)
    - Scrolls of Greater Restoration (Ariel Bianchi Guild Divine Scroll Vendor)
    - Bottomless Flask of Rum (Heal Potion from Crystal Cove Event - if you have it)

- Bottomless Flask of Rum: 81-83 Life

LEVEL 12
    ----------
    Feats: Mobile Spellcasting (General). I realize the concensus is not to take this feat or the prerequisite combat casting because you can move at full speed while casting and jumping while with this feat you move at full speed minus your striding item. I find this feat helpful with scroll casting so I will continue to take on this build which is a feat-rich build. You can take 2 other feats in place of these two if you wish. I will mention this one thing - I have never failed a scroll once with mobile spellcasting. I believe it acts as quicken for scrolls as an undocumented benefit.

Stat Increase: +1 Intelligence

Skill Points (10)
    - Concentration +1
    - Disable Device +1
    - Search +1
    - Spot +1
    - UMD +1
    - Open Lock +5

Spells Added:
    - Adamantine Weapons

Enhancement Point Spend:
    - Battle Engineer: Crossbow Training (Tier 4)
    - Battle Engineer: Endless Fusilade

Weapons Added/Upgraded:
    - None

- Level 12 Frozen Tunic

- None

- Bottomless Flask of Rum: 81-83 Life

LEVEL 13
    ----------

Skill Points (10)
    - Concentration +1
    - Disable Device +1
    - Search +1
    - Spot +1
    - UMD +1
    - Open Lock +5
    Spells Added:
    - Curative Admixture - Cure Serious Wounds

Enhancement Point Spend:
    - Battle Engineer: Wrack Construct x3
    - Battle Engineer: Caustic Shot x1

Weapons Added/Upgraded:
    - None

- None

- Heal Scrolls: 158 Life
    - Bottomless Flask of Rum: 82-88 Life

LEVEL 14
    ----------
    Feats: Improved Precise Shot (Artificer)

Skill Points (10)
    - Concentration +1
    - Disable Device +1
    - Search +1
    - Spot +1
    - UMD +1
    - Open Lock +2
    - Jump +1 (2 skill points)
    - Balance +.5 (1 skill point)

Spells Added:
    - Curative Admixture - Cure Moderate Wounds

Enhancement Point Spend:
    - Battle Engineer: Agility Engine x1
    - Battle Engineer: Reconstructed Crossbows
    - Battle Engineer: Unlock Potential
    - Battle Engineer: Thunder-Shock Weapon

Weapons Added/Upgraded:
    - None

- Upgrade Robe to Combat Mastery/Insightful Combat Mastery/Parrying Cannith Crafted to maximize Thunder-Shock Weapon ability
    - Upgraded to level 14 Mysterious Cloak with Master's Gift and Feather Fall slotted

- None

- Heal Scrolls: 169 Life
    - Bottomless Flask of Rum: 94-97 Life

LEVEL 15
    ----------
    Feats: Weapon Specialization Ranged (General)
    Stat Increase: +1 for each stat where you have a +4 or higher tome

Skill Points (8)
    - Concentration +1 (2 skill points)
    - Jump +4

Spells Added:
    - None

Enhancement Point Spend:
    - Kensai: Kensai Focus Crossbows (Core 1)
    - Kensai: Extra Action Boost x1

Weapons Added/Upgraded:
    - http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Light_Boltslinger (this is a really great everyday weapon all the way to 20 - if you slot a ghostbane augment it will work on reapers)
    - Cannith Crafting Weapon Upgrade (4 dice and [1.5] instead of 3 dice and [1.5]). These weapons work from 15-20
    - Light / <Monster> Bane: Aberration, Elemental, Reptillian, Monsterous Humanoid, Construct, Undead (Ghostbane augment), Plant for bosses (nice to haves)
    - Ghost Touch / Lawful Outsider Bane
    - Good / Evil Outsider Bane (vampire slayer augment slotted for silver - needed for devils)

- None

- Heal Scrolls: 178 Life
    - Bottomless Flask of Rum: 98-102 Life

LEVEL 16
    ----------
    Feats: Mobility (Fighter)

Skill Points (9)
    - Concentration +1 (2 skill points)
    - Jump +5

Spells Added:
    - None

Enhancement Point Spend:
    - Kensai: Extra Action Boost x2 (x3 total)

Weapons Added/Upgraded:
    - Evil / Chaotic Outsider Bane (Cold Iron slotted) for Running with the Devils
    - Good / Evil Outsider Bane (Cold Iron slotted) for Demons

* Note while the above weapons are nice, light boltslinger will still work on non-deathwarded mobs without DR just much much slower. Running with the Devils is extremely hard to solo 3 skulls and it might be nearly impossible without a DR breaker.

- None

- None

- Heal Scrolls: 180 Life
    - Bottomless Flask of Rum: 98-102 Life

LEVEL 17
    ----------

Skill Points (11)
    - Concentration +1
    - Disable Device +3
    - Search +3
    - Spot +3
    - UMD +1

Spells Added:
    - Cold Iron

Enhancement Point Spend:
    - Kensai: Spiritual Bond (Core 2)
    - Kensai: Improved Dodge x2
    - Kensai: Strike with No Thought (Core 3)

Weapons Added/Upgraded:
    - Evil / Chaotic Outsider Bane

- None

- None

LEVEL 18
    ----------
    Feats: Tactical Training or Toughness or quicken(General)

Skill Points (11)
    - Concentration +1
    - Disable Device +1
    - Open Lock +4
    - Search +1
    - Spot +1
    - UMD +1

Spells Added:
    - Armor of Speed

Enhancement Point Spend:
    - Battle Engineer: Shatter Defenses x1
    - Battle Engineer: Thunder-shock Weapon
    - Battle Engineer: Agility Engine x2 (x3 total)

Weapons Added/Upgraded:
    - None

- None

LEVEL 19
    ----------
    Stat Increase: +1 for each stat where you have a +5 or higher tome

Skill Points (11)
    - Concentration +1
    - Disable Device +1
    - Open Lock +1
    - Search +1
    - Spot +1
    - UMD +1
    - Jump +2 (4 skill points)
    - Balance +.5 (1 skill point)

Spells Added:
    - Resist Energy, Curative Admixture: Remove Disease

Enhancement Point Spend:
    - Kensai: Improved Dodge x1 (x3 total)
    - Kensai: Agility x3

Weapons Added/Upgraded:
    - None

- None

- None

LEVEL 20
    ----------
    Feats: Shot on the run (Artificer)

Skill Points (12)
    - Concentration +1
    - Disable Device +1
    - Open Lock +1
    - Search +1
    - Spot +1
    - UMD +1
    - Balance +2 (4 skill points)

Spells Added:
    - Radiant Forcefield

Enhancement Point Spend:
    - Battle Engineer: Tactical Mobility
    - Kensai: Athletic Mastery x2

Weapons Added/Upgraded:
    - None

- None

- None

If you are going to TR at 20 don't forget the following:
    - Grab any permanent favor rewards (collapsed portable hole if you didn't need the extra space this life, large bag from the twelve and +2 tome to trade for 9 purified eberron dragonshards)
    - Run a few quick token quests and epic challenges (mats can be turned in for tokens of the twelve) at 21 for quickest way to get a heart.
    - Farm for any gear you didn't get during leveling
    - Grab free crafting chance boosters or crafting xp potion from crafting hall
    - Purchase any crafting supplies from house C favor vendor if you earned the favor
    - Grab reward from finding meridia quest to try and find optimal low level vorpal weapon
    Last edited by slarden; 03-18-2018 at 11:43 PM.

5. 07-14-2017, 10:24 AM

Default Cannith Crafting and Gear

I will post more here soon, but the following are really good references:

Cannith Crafting:
    Official DDO Cannith Crafting Guide: https://www.ddo.com/en/updated-cannith-crafting-guide
    DDO Wiki Cannith Crafting Guide: http://ddowiki.com/page/Cannith_Crafting
    Cannith Crafting Leveling Guide: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-leveling-plan
    Where to farm for specific collectibles: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...lectable-Farms

Other Crafting:

Mysterious Remnant Vendor for Cloak: http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Mysterious_Remnant

Heroic Green Steel Crafting
    - DDO Wiki: http://ddowiki.com/page/Green_Steel_item_crafting_steps
    - Planner: http://perfectweb.org/ddo/crafting/base_crafting.php

Cannith Challenge Crafting: http://ddowiki.com/page/Vaults_of_the_Artificers_loot
    * Click on Frozen Tunic and Rock Boots to see what you need at various levels

Stone of Change Rituals: http://ddowiki.com/page/Stone_of_Change_-_Recipes
    Last edited by slarden; 07-24-2017 at 07:48 AM.

I'm not sure what the concept is but Centered + Crossbows did not work last time I tried. One With The Blade requires melee weapons.

Anyway I'll stay tuned to see what u came up with I hope it's something interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil7 View Post
    I'm not sure what the concept is but Centered + Crossbows did not work last time I tried. One With The Blade requires melee weapons.

Anyway I'll stay tuned to see what u came up with I hope it's something interesting.
    Having played similar builds being Centered is ignored Monk levels are for Evasion, feats & enhancements.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil7 View Post

This isn't really a goal of the build. 2 monk gives 2 useful feats, evasion, +3 to all saves, +4% dodge and 10 healing amp for 1 AP.

This is a utility build that gives trapping skills to max rxp,

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    Having played similar builds being Centered is ignored Monk levels are for Evasion, feats & enhancements.
    Yes this is my thinking as well. 2 monk is useful if you qualify for evasion with or without centering.

The detail here is impressive, I am just working on a couple more heroic PL's and then may do some racial lives. But this looks fun, so may just do an extra art life for the giggles.

I still got to work out my Wiz, Fav Soul, Bard and Druid lives.
    G-land
    Main characters, Tymout, Tymkul, Tymbom, Tymantha etc...

Community Member DaggomaticDwarf's Avatar

Default Mech tier 5 vs Arti tier 5

Hey Slarden,

How would you compare the two tier 5 enh. from Mech and Arti from a dps POV? I also wouldn't mind if Qxarhamar chimed n on this too.
    If A Dwarf falls in the forest does he make a sound? YES! Ah Gawd Dang Sons of a *BEEP*
    Guild leader of the "Order of the Never Empty Mug"-Khyber Server-Varda, Daggummet, Xotika, Angelheart, Annaleeza, Keirza, Gearszin, Iluvatar, Sindeamon, and Pippsqueek

Founder, Alpha, Omega and Other Secret Things AnubisPrime's Avatar

Default Thank you!

Thank you very much for sharing your build. I'm holding my multi-completionist monkcher at level 30-trying to finish out my 5 piece slavelord set.

I needed a build like this to get through the racial TR phase.

Kudos!
    The Old Timers Guild
    www.oldtimersguild.com
    >> Open to the Public! <<
    Founder #2231
    PROUD MEMBER OF MOURNLANDS

Other variations on the 12/6/2 builds are arty/ranger/rogue or ranger/rogue/Arty etc. Basically instead of the fighter +1 crit damage sustained, you use sniper shot every 6 secs and lots of ranged clicked from DWS tree plus get feats.

Quote Originally Posted by AnubisPrime View Post
    Thank you very much for sharing your build. I'm holding my multi-completionist monkcher at level 30-trying to finish out my 5 piece slavelord set.

I needed a build like this to get through the racial TR phase.

Kudos!
    Thank you for the kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by DaggomaticDwarf View Post
    Hey Slarden,

How would you compare the two tier 5 enh. from Mech and Arti from a dps POV? I also wouldn't mind if Qxarhamar chimed n on this too.
    It really comes down to great crossbow vs. repeater. Repeater wins at low levels and great crossbow wins at high levels due to the superior crit profile + the alacrity bonuses. At level 30 a mech or thrower (even with nerfs) will out dps an arti or arti splash. A rogue/arti splash could potentially out-dps a pure 20 rouge mechanic from a theory-crafting standpoint but I've never tested it. Shuri wins against everything at the moment, even after the nerf.

I am a few phlogs short but I am very keen on trying this build in Legendary Dreadnought with a TF Tier 3 Weapon: 1st degree burns / paralyzing fear / draconic reinvigoration. You would get a shorter action boost cooldown from LD along with regenerating action boosts so that endless fusillade is truly endless. You would start with 16 action boosts and with the 2% regen rate in theory you should never run out. Of course that would work with a rogue/arti build as well and many variations of arti. I hope to test that out in a few lifes.

This build isn't meant as a max dps build - it's really strictly built for 3 skull reaper leveling solo or in parties, but the dps is solid.
    Last edited by slarden; 07-29-2017 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorrd View Post
    Other variations on the 12/6/2 builds are arty/ranger/rogue or ranger/rogue/Arty etc. Basically instead of the fighter +1 crit damage sustained, you use sniper shot every 6 secs and lots of ranged clicked from DWS tree plus get feats.
    The fighter levels are for feats (2 additional feats on top of the ranger freebies), feat acceleration, 25 PRR, dodge on top of the +1 crit multiplier. The +1 crit multipler increases crit range at higher heroic levels from 16-20 x2 to 16-20 x3 or another way of looking at it - it adds 5 multipliers taking it from 10 to 15 total crit multipliers. It seems that would beat out sniper shot, but others may know more than I do.

The main draw of splashing ranger on a crossbow build has been the ability to use things that aren't working as intended (e.g., imbues intended for bows that previously worked on crossbows). I am not sure which of those are remaining, but those type of things could make ranger a better choice. I am just not familiar enough with what bugs are out there adding power.

In my intial build I had 2 rogue instead of 2 monk, but there wasn't enough in the rogue tree worth the AP investment and 2 monk comes with alot of free things compared to 2 rogue. The only investment I am making in the monk trees is 1 AP for 10 healing amp.

With that said I would like to try some variations in future lifes and will document any splashes that work better.

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    The fighter levels are for feats (2 additional feats on top of the ranger freebies), feat acceleration, 25 PRR, dodge on top of the +1 crit multiplier. The +1 crit multipler increases crit range at higher heroic levels from 16-20 x2 to 16-20 x3 or another way of looking at it - it adds 5 multipliers taking it from 10 to 15 total crit multipliers. It seems that would beat out sniper shot, but others may know more than I do.

The main draw of splashing ranger on a crossbow build has been the ability to use things that aren't working as intended (e.g., imbues intended for bows that previously worked on crossbows). I am not sure which of those are remaining, but those type of things could make ranger a better choice. I am just not familiar enough with what bugs are out there adding power.

In my intial build I had 2 rogue instead of 2 monk, but there wasn't enough in the rogue tree worth the AP investment and 2 monk comes with alot of free things compared to 2 rogue. The only investment I am making in the monk trees is 1 AP for 10 healing amp.

With that said I would like to try some variations in future lifes and will document any splashes that work better.
    No, no ... I think your build is pretty awesome. I only meant there are variations that could probably get to the same place just with a slightly different path. When I talk about splashing ranger with 6 levels or 12, I just mean in DWS tree. Those are WAI with xbows. Not AA tree. I think the +1 crit sustained damage vs +2 crit damage every 6 seconds ... May only even out if you have high SA dice since it grants auto sneak attack for 4 seconds afterwards. The +2 to crit profile on sniper shot will allow you crit more often on that shot.

The 2 rogue gets the following benefits when coupled with Arty and ranger ... Evasion, faster sneaking with ranger and rogue, a little more sneak attack and xbow damage, and full disable device score on trap making (if you like using that sort of CC).

No, no ... I think your build is pretty awesome. I only meant there are variations that could probably get to the same place just with a slightly different path. When I talk about splashing ranger with 6 levels or 12, I just mean in DWS tree. Those are WAI with xbows. Not AA tree. I think the +1 crit sustained damage vs +2 crit damage every 6 seconds ... May only even out if you have high SA dice since it grants auto sneak attack for 4 seconds afterwards. The +2 to crit profile on sniper shot will allow you crit more often on that shot.

The 2 rogue gets the following benefits when coupled with Arty and ranger ... Evasion, faster sneaking with ranger and rogue, a little more sneak attack and xbow damage, and full disable device score on trap making (if you like using that sort of CC).
    I appreciate the suggestions as you say other combos are available and your point on web traps is a good one.

i am sure there are improvements so I look forward to hearing other splits and the benefits.

Community Member DaggomaticDwarf's Avatar

Default traps are fun boys n girls.

*SNIP*

I love using web and glitterdust, only drawback to 2 rog is no "trapmaking" that's auto grant at lvl 4. So no salvaging parts and you best have all your traps pre-made.

Dagg.
    If A Dwarf falls in the forest does he make a sound? YES! Ah Gawd Dang Sons of a *BEEP*
    Guild leader of the "Order of the Never Empty Mug"-Khyber Server-Varda, Daggummet, Xotika, Angelheart, Annaleeza, Keirza, Gearszin, Iluvatar, Sindeamon, and Pippsqueek

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I appreciate the suggestions as you say other combos are available and your point on web traps is a good one.

i am sure there are improvements so I look forward to hearing other splits and the benefits.
    Im currently trying an 8 arti 6 ranger 6 fighter build which seems to be doing well. The only major loss is evasion but the extra prr and hp from heavy armor is good balancing. I took sneak of shadows as well as trying to buff hide as much as possible to get as much SA damage as i can. The sneak attack damage is quite good especially when the attack speed with fusilade is so bonkers. My guess is that the 6 ranger splash is a decent chunk more dps than the 12,6,2 build due to the extra SA and crits(sniper shot and aimed shot). Also interestingly aimed shot will give you an instant 9 stacks of archers focus with a cbow which is kinda hysterical. 6 ranger also gives you manyshot which can be kinda useful for burst dps, opens up fury shotting if u really want to do that... but u lose the fighter stance. 12 arti vs 8 arti doesnt seem to net much besides some spells which arent insanely useful in terms of dps or survivability (the level 12 arti core isnt too great either). radiant forcefield is nice but its duration and cooldown hurts. This plan may not be as solid in heroics due to multiclasses not really gaining a lot of power until epics/later heroics (level 18 for this build). 6 ranger also opens up the possibility of killer but aps become insanely tight in that case, would have to drop the defensive stance and some other good stuff.
    Last edited by SemanticMirage; 08-02-2017 at 10:52 PM.

Community Member

As a fan of repeater builds I tried this last life and it worked pretty well. There are some things that I would do differently but overall I liked the build.

I am doing a modified build this life based on my observations from last life:

1) Not seeing the benefit to Arti 12 for a TR build but I guess its ok if you go into epics as you reach it at level 20 and 9-11 gives very little benefit
    2) IPS came too late for me personally - the build felt slow between 10-14 with no real aoe other than rune arms
    3) I didn't like how late you picked up the crit multiplier in Kensai
    4) Run speed - I hate running slow on a kiting toon especially when solo - I would prefer to take run speed in Battle Engineer earlier
    5) While I love frozen tunic and evasion I don't think monk 2 needs to be taken so early as in heavy armor and some investment in Epic past lives and reaper tree you are very difficult to kill in early level (I'm rocking 70ac at level 5 with blurry and 50 PRR and I'm nowhere near maxed out).

So
    Arti - 6 (still going T5 battle Engineer mostly for the run speed and threat range but the other stuff is nice too)
    Fighter - 10 (this is for higher BAB to take IPS at 12 and for extra feats)
    Monk -2 (evasion and 2 feats)
    +2 can be anything - monk 3 for run speed is an interesting option if you take 19 (many don't) and last level is irrelevant unless going into epics in which case I would go fighter 12

level order is something like aaffffffafafammffa can be tweaked if you prefer T5 before IPS and to maximise skill points or you can take arti 4 earlier for fusillade - feats are mostly the same. Will let you know how it goes (currently level 7)

my favourite repeater build so far was 6a/6ra/6fi +2 but too many good enhancements to take you end up having to give up something

I love using web and glitterdust, only drawback to 2 rog is no "trapmaking" that's auto grant at lvl 4. So no salvaging parts and you best have all your traps pre-made.

Dagg.
    Arti also get trapmaking at level 4

Quote Originally Posted by Caarb View Post
    As a fan of repeater builds I tried this last life and it worked pretty well. There are some things that I would do differently but overall I liked the build.

I am doing a modified build this life based on my observations from last life:
    Thank you for the detailed notes and idea - extremely helpful

1) Not seeing the benefit to Arti 12 for a TR build but I guess its ok if you go into epics as you reach it at level 20 and 9-11 gives very little benefit
    I don't disagree with your point here at all. The main reasons I went with 12 arti are:

- Radiant Forcefield is really nice for those tough encounters at epic levels. The timer isn't an issue because you only get a few of those each quest.
    - 2 extra levels on scroll healing bringing it to the maximum caster level of 15 vs. caster level 13.
    - Cold Iron Weapons + Armor of Speed spells
    - So I can get more crossbows on end reward lists (you only see these frequently when you have more arti levels than anything else - I don't like my end reward lists at levels where my fighter levels equal or exceed my arti levels)
    - Easier to maximize skills with artificer vs. fighter levels
    - Spell points is a very minor benefit

The faster BAB is true but you get 5 of 6 bab from 7 to 12 so you are only losing 1 bab and 1 feat vs. 6 fighter levels (3 feats vs. 2 arti feats). Changing the order is having more of an impact on BAB acceleration compared to class split. I agree accelerating improved precise shot and to a lesser extent improved critical ranged is a big power boost.
    2) IPS came too late for me personally - the build felt slow between 10-14 with no real aoe other than rune arms

level order is something like aaffffffafafammffa
    This surprises me a bit because I found 9-13 very quick levels and 13 stood out as an especially easy level. The earliest you can get improved precise shot is 11 with all fighter or ranger levels and with your progression above it would be level 12 vs. my level 14.The spots where you lose BAB are: 1st level of artificer, 5th level of artificer, 9th level of artificer and 1st level of monk. My main reason for taking the 8th level of artificer at 14 is so I can use the artificer feat for improved precise shot since the feat list has less choices. I find evasion to useful to defer it 11 levels to get improved precise shot sooner, but that is 100% personal preference.

3) I didn't like how late you picked up the crit multiplier in Kensai
    Fair point and something I debated myself. Once you get endless fusillade for 24 AP you could arguably go for the +1 multiplier next as it gives 4 crit #s vs. the artificer crit range which adds only 2. You also get doubleshot, ranged power and more from the artificer tree. The other option I considered is taking insightful damage and dropping down to 8 AP for KTA in Harper Tree which I will give more consideration on my current life. That spell effectively gives you 4 free AP, but when swapping weapons you need to make sure you don't forget it.

4) Run speed - I hate running slow on a kiting toon especially when solo - I would prefer to take run speed in Battle Engineer earlier
    5) While I love frozen tunic and evasion I don't think monk 2 needs to be taken so early as in heavy armor and some investment in Epic past lives and reaper tree you are very difficult to kill in early level (I'm rocking 70ac at level 5 with blurry and 50 PRR and I'm nowhere near maxed out).
    I also like the run speed. It's only 10%, but I feel the run speed issue on my characters without a quiver of alacrity. Why I took a citw weapon for my anniversary gift on 2 of my main 4 I will never know.

For me 2 monk at 5 and 6 is more important. I have PRR from past lifes so the marginal benefit of heavy armor is less important to me - but I think heavy armor is never a bad choice.

So
    Arti - 6 (still going T5 battle Engineer mostly for the run speed and threat range but the other stuff is nice too)
    Fighter - 10 (this is for higher BAB to take IPS at 12 and for extra feats)
    Monk -2 (evasion and 2 feats)
    +2 can be anything - monk 3 for run speed is an interesting option if you take 19 (many don't) and last level is irrelevant unless going into epics in which case I would go fighter 12

level order is something like aaffffffafafammffa can be tweaked if you prefer T5 before IPS and to maximise skill points or you can take arti 4 earlier for fusillade - feats are mostly the same. Will let you know how it goes (currently level 7)

my favourite repeater build so far was 6a/6ra/6fi +2 but too many good enhancements to take you end up having to give up something
    Both look like great splits.

Arti also get trapmaking at level 4
    I might have misunderstood, but I think his point is by taking rogue rather than monk levels you have access to the improved trap making enhancement in the mechanic tree which allows you to create web and glitterdust traps using your full dd score instead of half of it for DC. The tree also has wand and scroll mastery saving 1 AP on the artificer arcanotechnician core. there isn't much AP to spend in the tree.
    Last edited by slarden; 08-05-2017 at 07:15 AM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast