Default Reaper Devil Assault

In Epic Devil Assault this works great, but, Heroic? How, if I may ask, is a level 6 toon, or even a full party of level 6 toons, supposed to be able to complete that? (Of course, this is barring uber toons, in quest)

If I may suggest, and, I know this may take more time than it is worth. But, if you could adjust the Reaper levels for Devil Assault so that it could be set more like a challenge, than an average quest.
    As the saying goes, "There is more than one way to skin a cat. (No offence to cats, cat lovers, or people that want to be cats)
    "Everything taste like chicken, 'cept chicken, that taste like turkey.", quoth the barbarian.

Community Member

Elite difficulty has been completed solo at level 7 or so (as part of mikarddo's challenge). Why wouldn't a full party be able to complete reaper?
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

Quote Originally Posted by Calinthus View Post
    In Epic Devil Assault this works great, but, Heroic? How, if I may ask, is a level 6 toon, or even a full party of level 6 toons, supposed to be able to complete that? (Of course, this is barring uber toons, in quest)

If I may suggest, and, I know this may take more time than it is worth. But, if you could adjust the Reaper levels for Devil Assault so that it could be set more like a challenge, than an average quest.
    Most level 6 characters can't complete elite Devil Assault, because it is scaled to level 18. It logically follows that most cannot complete Reaper Devil Assault on level 6 characters.
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade (Epic Triple Completionist), Archernicus Thornwood, Crestellin Moonwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jarladdin Nalfesne, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield (Heroic Triple Completionist, Epic Triple Completionist.)

Leader of Guinness Knights (Level 165), which is (since June 2021) a two-man, father-son guild.

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Community Manager

We had to decide whether to allow Devil Assault to be played on Reaper Difficulty or not, and opted for the "sure, let people run it if they want to" approach. Since DA is the only quest in the game with an unusual level spread, it makes Reaper particularly difficult (to near impossible?) But, if people want to...
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We had to decide whether to allow Devil Assault to be played on Reaper Difficulty or not, and opted for the "sure, let people run it if they want to" approach. Since DA is the only quest in the game with an unusual level spread, it makes Reaper particularly difficult (to near impossible?) But, if people want to...
    so it sets it at level 18 reaper difficulty but entrance is based on the quest being level 6?
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    so it sets it at level 18 reaper difficulty but entrance is based on the quest being level 6?
    Yet another reason why having the level-gating (and penalties) be based on the MODIFIED quest level (on elite) instead of the BASE quest level (on normal) would be the smart thing to go.

Y'know, the way Severlin and the other devs *thought* it was working in the first place...
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

My first thought... Hats off to any group that can manage any Reaper difficulty within that Level Range.

Second thought - Maybe think about doing something, even if just a one off coding thing that would allow this quest to be enjoyed as Reaper base 6, base 12 or base 18. Even if it means adding in two new Quest givers and making the Normal, Hard and Elite versions their own quests - Devil's Assault, Return of Devil's Assault and Revenge of Devil's Assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    My first thought... Hats off to any group that can manage any Reaper difficulty within that Level Range.

Second thought - Maybe think about doing something, even if just a one off coding thing that would allow this quest to be enjoyed as Reaper base 6, base 12 or base 18. Even if it means adding in two new Quest givers and making the Normal, Hard and Elite versions their own quests - Devil's Assault, Return of Devil's Assault and Revenge of Devil's Assault.
    How about:
    Devil Assault: A New Assault
    The Devils Strike Back
    And
    Return of the Devils?

Community Member

I haven't ran Heroic DA in years so I have no opinion on the difficulty, but I'm sure some groups can complete reaper, and even if they can't now, it'll be a nice measuring stick and something to eventually work for. Perhaps you could try just not running it on Reaper?

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

I say leave it as is. What a great way to really see the curves in AC, to hit, saves, etc.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

I'd like to try.
    I gave up a life of farming to become an Adventurer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

^ ditto

Challenge accepted.

Results to be announced :-)

See you there? ";..;"

/Wal

Make it a real challenge and eliminate the safe spot.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Make it a real challenge and eliminate the safe spot.
    Where's that?
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    Old Sorc Build Guide, Ghallanda -> Orien

So players running it 'at level' on reaper difficulty will see a 95% reaper 'over level' XP penalty? Meaning there is just about zero reason to bother running the thing on reaper levels even 'at level.'

My question would be, why is running this thing on reaper even possible for players who want to run it 'at level?' The base level is 6, and the heroic elite level of 18 is well outside of the 6 level lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by Niminae View Post
    So players running it 'at level' on reaper difficulty will see a 95% reaper 'over level' XP penalty? Meaning there is just about zero reason to bother running the thing on reaper levels even 'at level.'

My question would be, why is running this thing on reaper even possible for players who want to run it 'at level?' The base level is 6, and the heroic elite level of 18 is well outside of the 6 level lockout.
    That's kind of the point of the post, mate.
    As the saying goes, "There is more than one way to skin a cat. (No offence to cats, cat lovers, or people that want to be cats)
    "Everything taste like chicken, 'cept chicken, that taste like turkey.", quoth the barbarian.

Even with the MASSIVE over-level penalty to RXP we do get the 120% first time completion XP which is nice, not really needed but still nice.