Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) Thursday, December 22nd

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Thursday, December 22nd from 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) for a hotfix. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

The hotfix will correct an issue with some player auras, including Aura of Menace and Angelic Presence, that are causing some enemies to not activate correctly. Additionally, this will provide our updated EULA, and change Heroic Greensteel Handwraps to be Bound to Character on Equip (as intended.)

NOTE: We're actually putting together the build tonight, so there's a small possibility something will come up that will prevent us from doing the hotfix tomorrow. If that happens, we'll let you know.

Update: The worlds have reopened! See you in-game!
    Last edited by Cordovan; 12-22-2016 at 12:41 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

I know some have started specific threads about mobs not activating as they should, like mine on Wiz King. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else talking in general questing or if the devs are aware, but some mobs are not activating randomly.

3 examples

1. when I ran Spies in the House, the gargoyle by the valve that opens the shrine room and there are mephitis and boxes in that room, it didn't activate. not needed to kill for progression.

2. when I ran Lost in the Swamp, the Wood Woad that you need to kill to progress the quest at the gate did activate, but it didn't drop dead. it just stood there after we got done beating on it with a dizzying look to it. I assume the "dropping dead" part was necessary to progress because we went back and made sure all the mobs were dead along the way.

3. at the second shrine headed to the end of the quest, a Champion was invisible. we could see the crown, but it did not appear. I assume it was already killed or we wouldn't have been able to progress. it just kind of hung out walking back and forth behind the shrine and no AOE or anything could harm it.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I know some have started specific threads about mobs not activating as they should, like mine on Wiz King. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else talking in general questing or if the devs are aware, but some mobs are not activating randomly.

3 examples

1. when I ran Spies in the House, the gargoyle by the valve that opens the shrine room and there are mephitis and boxes in that room, it didn't activate. not needed to kill for progression.

2. when I ran Lost in the Swamp, the Wood Woad that you need to kill to progress the quest at the gate did activate, but it didn't drop dead. it just stood there after we got done beating on it with a dizzying look to it. I assume the "dropping dead" part was necessary to progress because we went back and made sure all the mobs were dead along the way.

3. at the second shrine headed to the end of the quest, a Champion was invisible. we could see the crown, but it did not appear. I assume it was already killed or we wouldn't have been able to progress. it just kind of hung out walking back and forth behind the shrine and no AOE or anything could harm it.
    The problem affects all enemies that begin in a specific (quite common) state which, currently, when they are hit with specific offensive debuff aura effects they not activate until the player with the aura on leaves. The changes we're making are to alter the specific aura abilities that we have verified are causing the issue instead of on an individual monster basis.

It is important to note that the change to binding status on Heroic Greensteel Handwraps will not alter those that have already been created before the hotfix goes live. Those that have already created Heroic Greensteel Handwraps and would like their binding status changed are welcome to submit a ticket in game after the hotfix goes live and our GM's will be able to resolve your individual issue.

Community Member

Will this update fix the C++ issue with people on windows XP, or will that be in a later update?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    The problem affects all enemies that begin in a specific (quite common) state which, currently, when they are hit with specific offensive debuff aura effects they not activate until the player with the aura on leaves. The changes we're making are to alter the specific aura abilities that we have verified are causing the issue instead of on an individual monster basis.
    ok thanks. just wanted to make sure.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

The Hatchery

Default Actually one of those 3 is not new....

That mob has been walking back and forth by that shrine as far back as I can remember. Normally I just see the red blips on the ground that you get when your Listen skill activates, I have yet to see a crown on that mob though. No idea what it is but I can attest that it is not new

-Shin
    Anyone know of an easy way to make cool signatures? Cause this one really sucks!

Community Member

Unhappy Please

I started DDO three years ago. Became a VIP immediately and have played ever since. this "upgrade" is quite poor.
    Before I open a door, the entire mob inside is prepped and ready to destroy me. Boss, and entourage, are banging on the
    other side of a closed door. Not to mention swarms of mindless zombies, shoot one with an arrow, and suddenly a dozen
    creatures swarm the archer. yes you can see them coming, yes, you can run.
    If we return to a turn-based game, this could be acceptable. As it is, just lame, I can find better ways to spend my bux.

Community Member

at least you can get into the game , ive redownloaded 3 times and followed a string of fixes to correct a 201 error and all i get for my time is more frustration , next step is to deactivate vip account and move on to something that is less trash.

plz delay the hotfix another day and roll back the chaotic changes that amount to more nails in the coffin of an already terribly borked aggro system.

I do not dislike the gist of the attempted "fixes" but currently it breaks more stuff than it helps. its good if mobs are aware of each other again and i wouldnt mind if we get that added complexity that encourages to use full skill set again but only when it works.

maybe you should use the next lam build to exclusively deal with aggro mechanic, alert, spawn sizes, mob activations etc rather than delve into reaper.

edit: oh and for the record, knowing aggro is a can of worms, why did you even TOUCH this mess before x-mas holidays? smh.
    Last edited by Eryhn; 12-22-2016 at 05:14 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eryhn View Post
    plz delay the hotfix another day and roll back the chaotic changes that amount to more nails in the coffin of an already terribly borked aggro system.

I do not dislike the gist of the attempted "fixes" but currently it breaks more stuff than it helps. its good if mobs are aware of each other again and i wouldnt mind if we get that added complexity that encourages to use full skill set again but only when it works.

maybe you should use the next lam build to exclusively deal with aggro mechanic, alert, spawn sizes, mob activations etc rather than delve into reaper.

edit: oh and for the record, knowing aggro is a can of worms, why did you even TOUCH this mess before x-mas holidays? smh.
    This.

It is just top priority.

Anyone with a spark of business or game design sense would know. (yeah i don't like to write & read in absolutes either, sorry).

Dont know if it's related to this Patch, but today I rolled an artificier, and my pet is acting wierd: he gets in range of the enemy accordingly to the orders (offensive/defensive, attack, defend, trip) but, once he gets in melee with the enemy, he does nothing. No attack, no damage, no misses, nothing at all. He also seems not getting attacked either, only damage he took was from traps.

Default take your time

Quote Originally Posted by Malex View Post
    Dont know if it's related to this Patch, but today I rolled an artificier, and my pet is acting wierd: he gets in range of the enemy accordingly to the orders (offensive/defensive, attack, defend, trip) but, once he gets in melee with the enemy, he does nothing. No attack, no damage, no misses, nothing at all. He also seems not getting attacked either, only damage he took was from traps.
    Think I will just hold off logging in for a day or so until things settle down.
    G-land
    Main characters, Tymout, Tymkul, Tymbom, Tymantha etc...

Exclamation Client Not Found

So after my friend updated his client yesterday, the game launcher starts, he hits log in to start.. selects his server and the game looks for the client. It grinds for a bit then pulls up a windows explorer box... upon closing it the launcher says "Client not found" and then restarts the launcher. He has done everything he can think of, including a complete uninstall/re-installation of the game and launcher. Has anyone else had an issue similar to this w/ the new update, and if so do we have a fix?
    Thank you

Default same

Quote Originally Posted by Malex View Post
    same here been happening for some time. just stands there ....have to teleport within range of you all the time ....

Mind fixing mob AI/Agro mehanics/collision and hit detection mechanics sometime too?

You keep on breaking them and making them worse each update, and at this point its starting to become unplayable. Aggroing taught walls, attacking players after death, phasing taught players, hit boxes being 2 or 3 "steps/mob hitboxes" behind the mob animations, trap triggering(whole another mess)...

3 examples

I ran Beyond the Rift last night with some friends, and we could not complete as elementals were not activating correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by lpguy26 View Post
    So after my friend updated his client yesterday, the game launcher starts, he hits log in to start.. selects his server and the game looks for the client. It grinds for a bit then pulls up a windows explorer box... upon closing it the launcher says "Client not found" and then restarts the launcher. He has done everything he can think of, including a complete uninstall/re-installation of the game and launcher. Has anyone else had an issue similar to this w/ the new update, and if so do we have a fix?
    Thank you
    Same this as this?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...em#post5910456

Default knock, knock. who's there?

All the mobs.

This is fine for me, as I have a very strong, multi-completionist toon with burst AoE damage.

I feel this new aggro mechanic will hurt a lot of players. I don't want to see people discouraged from continuing to try to progress in the game. We've lost too many, recently, as is.

Very impressed with many changes and improvements y'all have made in the eight months I was away from game.

Thank you for your hard work and diligence.

-Kantouch
    Kantouch

note to self

while everyone else is shrining, do not try to range 1 mob to you while standing safely away from the last portal in Demon Assault that has several Champions. while its sounds fun, it is not really safe and can be really really painful.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast