Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Things that I wish were in the store, but aren't

Nothing too serious in here, but if it were possible, I would pay for these items without blinking an eye...

SUMMONS REPELLANT - For some reason, every time someone summons a hezrou, it seems to develop a fixation on me. Without fail, if there is combat going on, the hezrou will automatically teleport to exactly where I am standing and start fighting whatever I'm engaged with or trying to target at the moment, blinding me in the process. I might as well be hit with a double dose of Obscuring Mist, lol. Bearded Devils are a close second in this regard, but at least they are small enough to see around. Summons have zero respect for personal space, and they defy physics to boot!

ZOOM LOCK - How do you artificially make jumping & navigation tasks more challenging? Why, you suddenly zoom the screen while in mid-jump or flight! Yes, what could be more disruptive than removing the view of your feet right when you are about to land on that tiny ledge! Or that sudden close-up of your shoulderblades as you are sailing towards your target? With ZOOM-LOCK (Patent Pending), the view you start with is the view that you end up with! Get yours today!

Take my money for this stuff, I will give it to you freely.
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nonesuch2008 View Post
    ZOOM LOCK - How do you artificially make jumping & navigation tasks more challenging? Why, you suddenly zoom the screen while in mid-jump or flight! Yes, what could be more disruptive than removing the view of your feet right when you are about to land on that tiny ledge! Or that sudden close-up of your shoulderblades as you are sailing towards your target? With ZOOM-LOCK (Patent Pending), the view you start with is the view that you end up with! Get yours today!
    This happens because there is a ceiling above and the camera cannot be inside the solid wall. So whenever your back is near a wall, the camera MUST zoom in or you'll end up seeing a black screen (the inside of the wall).

However, I agree that it's irritating to have your camera zoom in and out or rubberband when you're trying to make a jump.
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

Quote Originally Posted by Faltout View Post
    This happens because there is a ceiling above and the camera cannot be inside the solid wall. So whenever your back is near a wall, the camera MUST zoom in or you'll end up seeing a black screen (the inside of the wall).

However, I agree that it's irritating to have your camera zoom in and out or rubberband when you're trying to make a jump.
    That holds up most of the time, except when you're completely in mid-air and it happens. Don't forget the most important part of the OP though... "Nothing too serious in here".

Here's another worthy one:

HIRELING IQ BOOSTER - Can't get your hireling to stop standing in lava? Does your pet companion have a better grasp of the STAY command than your hireling? Given the choice, does your hireling prefer to do combat while standing inside the enemy's firewall or other nasty spell effect? Well then my friend, you need HIRELING IQ BOOSTER to fix what ails them! Now available in singles, six-packs, or by the case in bulk. Cheers!
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Hireling summon lockout no hirelings may be added to a party with a member carrying this

Beware the Sleepeater

Things I wish were in the store...

Cosmetic beards for female dwarves. Just because.
    I wouldn't say nay to some new hairstyles for females. Pretty please.

New hair dyes: Blue-violet (something darker and more saturated than Slate) and Dark Blue-green (something darker with a touch more blue than Seafoam) I will name them Underdark Violet and King's Forest Green

Fairy Dragon Cosmetic Pet
    Shadow Beholderling Cosmetic Pet
    Violet Collars for Pets
    Violet Dust for Pets
    Swashbuckler feathered hats for pets

Bring back all the cosmetic armors that have yet to be converted into the BTA style cosmetics (put an intern on converting them please)

A new item that would convert an unbound item into a BTA item so it can still be traded between my alts but won't take permanent damage.

Scroll Case

Potion Belt

Possibly only desirous by myself and a select few others but a permanent potion that alters the PC's skin color would be nice for certain character concepts. I'm thinking two shades of each color, a pastel and a darker hue. In addition to being useful to those of us role-playing characters inspired by specific fantasy and scifi characters or tropes this could also be helpful to those of us who selected a skin color on the character selection screen that looked vastly different (possibly horrible) in normal game lighting.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Hireling summon lockout no hirelings may be added to a party with a member carrying this
    Why do people not like hirelings in groups? Too good for them?

I would like a marker next to items that you have as VIP but haven't bought with TP - like current discount on packs. I don't know what I've bought years ago as I am VIP.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by glowingsack View Post

I would like a marker next to items that you have as VIP but haven't bought with TP - like current discount on packs. I don't know what I've bought years ago as I am VIP.
    They annoying and helped kill grouping. Marker for vip might be ok if you plan to drop it. If I drop VIP I am dropping the game

And BYOH doesn't mean bring your own hireling
    Last edited by Uska; 06-26-2016 at 11:09 AM.

Beware the Sleepeater

Community Member Thunder-Monkey's Avatar

Hedge trimmers or weed killer.

TM

Default Things that I wish were not in the store, but are:

Otto's boxes (or any other box)
    Tomes
    Hearts
    Xp Elixiers
    Timer Bypasses

Default Things that I wish were in the store, but aren't:

Purifying Elixier: Throw a flask of Purifying-Elixier to a player of your choice. The player is instantly transformed into the character which he would be without any source of P2W or exploit. The effect lasts for 6 hours and can't be removed otherwise.

Lag Resistance Elixier: Your character does not suffer any (server) lag for the next 6 hours.

Thumbs up Things that I wish were in the store, but aren't.

Different coloured markers for different members of a party, I end up following a hire instead of the party leader by mistake too often >.<

This is just for starters...

Imagine...in-quest someone shouts "heal red" looks at map spots red chases them down and heals...got to be so much easier.

Don't follow silver markers...they just the hires and your going to get lost or run through traps and drop down crevices...into fires...nuff said.

WARD OF NO... NO... NOOOO!!!! - Got someone who hops thru one-way portals without getting the all clear first? Ever had a Leeroy Jenkins in your party? Have someone that insists on aggroing every mob they see the instant they see them? Or a pesky loot grubber that can't wait for a chest to be blessed? Fear no more , WARD OF NO... NO... NOOOO!!!! is your friend. With a simple one-click casting mechanism that is usable by all classes, WARD OF NO... NO... NOOOO!!!! will stop everyone else in their tracks until you can get a handle on the situation.

Caution - Excessive use of this product in an other than helpful manner will cause...complications. YMMV, use at your own discretion.

I think there should be permanent keys to guildships. We can always enter /death to get there if we bound ourselves to them so the one use transports are a dud sale.

15. 06-26-2016, 11:33 PM

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Casareena View Post
    Different coloured markers for different members of a party, I end up following a hire instead of the party leader by mistake too often >.<

This is just for starters...

Imagine...in-quest someone shouts "heal red" looks at map spots red chases them down and heals...got to be so much easier.

Don't follow silver markers...they just the hires and your going to get lost or run through traps and drop down crevices...into fires...nuff said.
    Markers for party members shouldn't be in store it just should be and hireling shouldn't exist

Beware the Sleepeater

Community Member

Because they're too **** slow and stupid.
    They're ok for soloing I guess. I have a couple of guildies that pretty much only solo, and they bring an army of hires and summons.
    When I run with them, I have to plead with them not to bring their dang hireling or summons.

Especially that screen-blocking butt-demon hezrou. I think they do that just to mess with me.

Personally I like the social aspect of the game and hirelings don't talk. When there's only 6 spots, and 2 are taken by hirelings, it cuts down on the chances of someone to chat with.

Also, hirelings are stupid and die often, and that annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonesuch2008 View Post
    ZOOM LOCK
    You know, I would love this. I am currently running a dwarf barbarian through a TR and, over the course of a play session, my camera slowly zooms out. This doesn't happen on my other characters. And I'm unable to explain what is causing it. Also, there are times when I'm trying to scroll through something (like the Who list or the LFM list) and I end up accidentally zooming out instead. So, yeah, I would buy this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    Description: The arcane archer PrE seems to be designed to work only with bows. However, it is possible to attach its effects to other weapons with much greater rate of fire like shurikens (or crossbows).
    Bug.

Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    Otto's boxes (or any other box)
    Tomes
    Hearts
    Xp Elixiers
    Timer Bypasses

Mana pots.

DDO screwed the in game mana pots and blue bar casters when they added Mana pots to the DDO store.

Started with casters and the so called unlimited blue bar because of the DDO store... those with cash were able to use their wallets to reload mana and speed kill for the win..
    access to unlimited blue bars made this an easy win..
    so what did DDO do...
    they screwed all casters (including those without thick wallets) .. epic wards, reduced shrines in newer content, reduced caster power, increased mob HP into meatsacks..
    but instead of reducing the impact of unlimited mana pots on arcanes..they detrimentally impacted divine casters...
    by screwing them over which contributed to the Cleric strikes of 2010 and ultimately the demise of the class overall.
    Clerics were already an expensive class to play and often blamed for any party failure...
    the good thing that came out of this was gimps no longer had clerics to blame for their failures.. they had to become self sufficient and learn to be better survivable players..

So while the cash inflow for mana pots was deemed a win for the DDO revenue steam.. It had a negative impact on the gaming community and screwed divines..

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    I would love to see this added.. it is quite annoying to put up an LFM have people join, start the quest..
    and someone pops a hireling without asking and ignores all tells about dismissing it while trying to allow a real player to join the group.
    ..having to send tells to the person trying to join to wait while you try to get the hireling dropped.. and end up reforming your own party..
    !!why do I have to reform my own party because some pug wont drop his hireling and I cant dismiss him or the hireling once they are in quest..!!

Things I would like to see for the party Leader.
    1.LFM checkbox toggle .. disable all hirelings/Request permission(default)/allow any)
    2.Permission popup box to allow party member to summon a hireling.. (then the leader can accept or reject at their discretion)
    3.Dismissal option for the leader to dump the hireling in favor of bringing in a real party member.. a 'xx' would like to join.. but your party is full, which hirleling would you like to dismiss and fill with this real person....

Would also like to see.,.,
    Regular in-game purchased Hirelings take a pet slot position.. not a real player spot... gold seals are a bit different since you can use multiples and run solo with a party of hirelings...
    a true 'passive' follow option where the hireling stays 25 feet behind me, ..just stand behind me and heal.. and don't die stupidly- does not stand in traps, aoe damaging effects or between me and a mob, don't go down unexplored hallways.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 06-27-2016 at 09:55 AM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    hings I would like to see for the party Leader.
    1.LFM checkbox toggle .. disable all hirelings/Request permission(default)/allow any)
    2.Permission popup box to allow party member to summon a hireling.. (then the leader can accept or reject at their discretion)
    3.Dismissal option for the leader to dump the hireling in favor of bringing in a real party member.. a 'xx' would like to join.. but your party is full, which hirleling would you like to dismiss and fill with this real person....

a true 'passive' follow option where the hireling stays 25 feet behind me, ..just stand behind me and heal.. and don't die stupidly- does not stand in traps, aoe damaging effects or between me and a mob, don't go down unexplored hallways.
    These are very good QoL suggestions, and would rather they just be implemented.... heck just post them as QoL suggestions!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast