Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Discerning Gentlerobot Piker Turtlsdown's Avatar

Default Cordo, any chance for a Turbine Store sale?

Cordovan, any chance we can have a DDO Market sale any time soon? I know we usually only have it during Black Friday, but it's a great way to get other people into the game and have them hit the ground running (with extra races/classes, expacs, starter pack, etc). I have a few friends that are basically just waiting for the sale to hit and are not doing much as F2P right now. Pretty please?
    Last edited by Turtlsdown; 06-18-2016 at 02:16 PM. Reason: edited Turbine Store -> DDO Market (mods please change in title if possible, ty)

There are sales on some stuff in the DDO store every week.
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

2015 DDO Players Council Nuclear_Elvis's Avatar

The names themselves are often confused: at www.ddo.com > Store > DDO Market is where you find the "DDO Market" and inside the game you find the "DDO Store." Wish there were more cross-coordination among the two but they stay isolated in/out of the game.

OP was referring to the DDO Market, which btw, has different goodies/freebies packaged in than what you get if you spend TP in the DDO Store on the same items. And, the DDO Market is the only place where you can buy certain select things like the Starter Pack and potentially upgrade to Legendary Upgrade to an Expansion to buy the Owlbear (which, btw, that Legendary upgrade has never gone on sale to my knowledge).
    Kyll - Guild leader of Your Part Time Guild on Wayfinder server.
    -- Your Part Time Guild has over 750+ Guild Members!

Yeah exactly, I meant the DDO Market, ty. The expacs and the races/classes are what my friends and I are most interested in. Sure, we could wait until fall, but why not do a nice sale for the weekend and let us spend our money now

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear_Elvis View Post
    (which, btw, that Legendary upgrade has never gone on sale to my knowledge).
    it is hard to believe but on black Friday 2013, the Shadowfell Legendary Upgrade was on sale for 50% off for $24.99

I am not sure if it was a mistake or not, because the ddo market expansions were 50% off at the time, but in subsequent years, when the expansions have gone on sale, the Legendary Upgrade price has remained at the fixed price of $49.99

I would certainly get the Legendary Upgrade for 50% off.

Yeah, let us have a summer ddo market sale please!!!!!!!!!!!!

but I do wish that they would offer additional items every year in the ddo market. If they had variations on the Starter Pack with different gold seal hirelings and exclusive cosmetic companions, I am sure that Turbine could make lots of money. They should also be offering premium classes like the gnome iconic and warlock on the ddo market, just as they did for the druid.

I am completely down with your suggestions of more variety of Perma-Gold Hirelings and new races. A summer DDO Market sale would be great! GoG and Steam do it! Cordovan, any chance this could happen?

Community Manager

This wouldn't be something I'd have control over, but I can pass the suggestion on to our eCommerce folks.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member RistoffDervish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    This wouldn't be something I'd have control over, but I can pass the suggestion on to our eCommerce folks.
    I already have what I need, but I would buy a bunch of stuff to give away as prizes for guild events if the sale comes around again.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Ristoff is the leader of the Orien guild Arcane Alliance. Above is our airship "AA Krimson Kraken" with all the buffs and amenities.
    Send mail or a tell to Ristoff in-game and ask for an invitation. All players welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by RistoffDervish View Post
    I already have what I need, but I would buy a bunch of stuff to give away as prizes for guild events if the sale comes around again.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    Yes, exactly. I've bought and given away several of the xpacs to new players that have entered our guild, it was a game-changer for them to suddenly have access to a bunch of great stuff. In most if not all cases it resulted in people staying with the game long term, because they didn't feel "left out" or that there was a huge money gap between what vets where doing and what they were doing. It allowed them to join into the full game with guildies, and needless to say they are still playing (and using the DDO Store) to this day.

Well, why don't you use your divine influence and get us into this?

Steam Summer Sale is on right now. I'd rather spend my $$$ in the DDO Summer Market sale. Can ya'll help me out?

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlsdown View Post
    Steam Summer Sale is on right now. I'd rather spend my $$$ in the DDO Summer Market sale. Can ya'll help me out?
    thanks turtle for informing us about the steam ddo sale i would never have caught that
    the timing is perfect

75% off

http://store.steampowered.com/app/206480/

EDIT wait just to make sure as a nonsteam ddo player i can get the expansion codes and apply this INGAME to ddo store now right? or does it require having steam to get/apply code?

This was my issue also when I saw the DDO stuff on the Steam Sale. I assumed you'd only be able to use it through Steam (My DDO installation is not through Steam). Is it possible to get codes on Steam instead, that will work inside DDO proper?

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlsdown View Post
    This was my issue also when I saw the DDO stuff on the Steam Sale. I assumed you'd only be able to use it through Steam (My DDO installation is not through Steam). Is it possible to get codes on Steam instead, that will work inside DDO proper?
    i knew someone a year or 2 ago that purchased a ddo expansion from steam
    he told me that the expansion code is delivered to you through the steam messaging system and then was able to submit on the ddo account site
    but i think it has changed now with the new ddo store update i would really appreciate confirmation from any steam user on their experience so that i can get an expansion for 75% off

or as turtle said.. TURBINE - PUT OUT A DDO MARKET SUMMER SALE TOO PLS

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Blarg1976 View Post
    thanks turtle for informing us about the steam ddo sale i would never have caught that
    the timing is perfect

75% off

http://store.steampowered.com/app/206480/

EDIT wait just to make sure as a nonsteam ddo player i can get the expansion codes and apply this INGAME to ddo store now right? or does it require having steam to get/apply code?
    This is happening.
    Join us on Twitch!

This is happening.
    I don't read that as an answer to Blarg1976's question. Can you please be a little more clear?
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

Default Steam Purchase when you don't use steam

Greetings!

You can purchase these via Steam at the discounted price and then delete the Steam file that was created in the process of purchasing these and the game plays correctly. I completed this on an alt F2P account.

More or less:
    1) Create a Steam account, including validating you are a human via a personal email account.
    2) Click the link in the forums to go to the DDO sale page (yeah there is probably a way to search it, but call me lazy)
    3) Add the item to your cart (It will as you to download Steam if you haven't yet, please do so)
    4) Log into Steam
    5) Enter your payment info
    6) After this is complete, a box will open with the purchase title and usual DDO keycode listed. There will be a box to click to copy the code. Click it.
    7) Open DDO, Open DDO store, click Redeem Code (I actually had the account active during the process annd it worked fine also)
    8) Paste the Code. Click Apply
    9) Go to Add/Remove programs in your applicable Operating System and remove Steam.
    10) Enjoy!

Franghasea

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Howe View Post
    I don't read that as an answer to Blarg1976's question. Can you please be a little more clear?

WOW cordovan has negotiated also a 75% sale on the ddo market!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for expansion packs AND special offers

there are more sale options than the steam sale

https://store.turbine.com/ddo

WOOHOO!!

Community Manager

We now have mirrored our Steam sale in the DDO Market: http://store.turbine.com/store/turbi...emeID.29252200

75% off expansion packs, starter packs, and more! Through July 5th.
    Join us on Twitch!

Talking Glee!

We now have mirrored our Steam sale in the DDO Market: http://store.turbine.com/store/turbi...emeID.29252200

75% off expansion packs, starter packs, and more! Through July 5th.
    Oh, thank you Cordovan! (And of course everyone involved in making this decision, but you'll have to suffer through being the target of my glee with regards to this.) My husband & I have returned to the game after a 6! year break (7 on his part!) and this will help us get all caught up without dinging the pocketbook heavily all at once. I was really hoping for something exactly like this, and my wishes came true, which is something that happens far too infrequently! Wonderful, wonderful news.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast