Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

NM - question asked is answered two posts down.
    Last edited by Memnir; 03-10-2016 at 03:46 PM.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    It's interesting that someone on the Players Council copied a speculative post in a Council forum discussion into a non-Council thread, since we're still investigating this issue. We're still looking at this issue to decide whether it's actually a thing or not. To put the post here:

The whole "it appears" thing, and the reason we were discussing it non-publicly, is that we're not sure it's an actual thing yet.

That said, regardless of whether we still have an unknown and previously-undiscovered cap on chests, it has zero impact on this bonus. Remember that this bonus increases your loot roll, not the level of the chest.
    I made a bad judgement call. I read the reply to me in the PC as just an open answer to my question which could as well have been sent in PM or on the open part of the board - and hence not something covered by the NDA as it wasnt about anything "secret". In retrospect I should have asked before copying that to the open part of the forum but it didnt cross my mind at all at the time.

As can be seen that was a grave mistake for which I do apologise and I fully accept and respect the decision that this means I am no longer on the PC.

I am happy that the chest level mechanic is finally investigated but I am very sorry that I caused problems in the process.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by maddong View Post
    Does the treasure hunter bonus from elixirs and event affect end rewards or is it chest only?
    Chests only.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Double daily dice pleaes. I would like to see this during a bonus day again.

Default so....

It's interesting that someone on the Players Council copied a speculative post in a Council forum discussion into a non-Council thread, since we're still investigating this issue. We're still looking at this issue to decide whether it's actually a thing or not. To put the post here:

The whole "it appears" thing, and the reason we were discussing it non-publicly, is that we're not sure it's an actual thing yet.

That said, regardless of whether we still have an unknown and previously-undiscovered cap on chests, it has zero impact on this bonus. Remember that this bonus increases your loot roll, not the level of the chest.
    you are giving us a bonus that may or may not work, and you are trying to sell us on buying gems with the same quality. awesome thanks !!! (the new greeting )

DDO Official Troubadour Taurnish's Avatar

Thumbs up Not confused and I like the idea

Keep it up Devs! I like the idea of the pots as well as the difference between gems (level of chest) and these bonuses (which give you a higher roll on the loot at any given level of chest). I do not think this should be applied to end rewards. If end rewards are going to be "boosted" this should be a specific bonus that should be more expensive than either the gems or the treasure hunter pots. Also, I enjoy the graphic of the beacon of pale blue light that tells me....'hey, I might really want to pay attention to what's in here.'
    Cannith! Too many alts to list. Lorrtusk, Lorrtank (my main), Lorrgar, Jimipage, Taurnish, etc.

Community Member

Cool

Oh you're in trouble! Cordovan, I would be happy to fill in for him on the PC while he is in time-out for this

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Gleep_Wurp View Post
    you are giving us a bonus that may or may not work, and you are trying to sell us on buying gems with the same quality. awesome thanks !!! (the new greeting )
    This is incorrect. The Treasure Hunter's Bonus has been confirmed to work as stated. You are confusing one bonus for a different one.
    Join us on Twitch!

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

So, under our new loot system, when you open a chest, a roll is made on a loot table. The higher the number, the better. This adds +10 to that roll. The loot table rolled changes as the level of the chest increases, so that in general the loot keeps pace with character level.
    Cordo, buddy. See the problem is that some of us have more RNG hate than others.

See, what I really need is closer to a +90, 'cause +10 to rolls of 1, ain't helping me much. Capisce?

The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1--2 -3 -4 -5--6 -7 -8--9--10 -11-12 13 14! 15 16 17 years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    Cordo, buddy. See the problem is that some of us have more RNG hate than others.

See, what I really need is closer to a +90, 'cause +10 to rolls of 1, ain't helping me much. Capisce?

True, but it's at least ten better.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member RapkintheRanger's Avatar

So, under our new loot system, when you open a chest, a roll is made on a loot table. The higher the number, the better. This adds +10 to that roll. The loot table rolled changes as the level of the chest increases, so that in general the loot keeps pace with character level.
    So now you can pay twice as much to play a game.

There is too much of this already.

pay to increase chest level
    pay to increase roll on chest
    pay to roll again on a chest

Maybe we could also:
    Pay to get more chests
    And pay to get more things in the chest.
    And pay to get more weapon effects on weapons
    And pay to have less caster effects on weapons
    And pay to get...

All i am saying is surly we are all suffering from pay to play fatigue....?

True, but it's at least ten better.
    What I need is a loot exclusion potion. One that excludes bastard swords from the loot table, and replaces them with something else.
    Thelanis, by way of Xoriat. Forged in the Blood of Butterflies.

Proud participant of the Xoriat Hate Thread.

Community Member

So..... you want to send me the invite now or should I just PM you for the PC password Cordovan?

So this means that my vendor trash is slightly better vendor trash ....
    Got it ....
    Mechanics - To Hit/Dam mods

Quote Originally Posted by RapkintheRanger View Post
    So now you can pay twice as much to play a game.

There is too much of this already.

pay to increase chest level
    pay to increase roll on chest
    pay to roll again on a chest

Maybe we could also:
    Pay to get more chests
    And pay to get more things in the chest.
    And pay to get more weapon effects on weapons
    And pay to have less caster effects on weapons
    And pay to get...

All i am saying is surly we are all suffering from pay to play fatigue....?
    I'm not. I just don't buy ANY of that stuff.
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

Community Member

Default What does all these loot changes mean to my Chest blessing????????

And how exactly is all this effecting the result of my chest blessing now? because you would not believe the hassle and grief I have to go through to get people to let me bless a chest before they open it.

Is this new stuff making it even less relevant? because it takes a feat and a pile of AP you know.....

This is like those invisible paintings.

Shahang (hjealme), Wipekin (kotc), Nezhat (barbie) Ghallanda/Devourer

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    I made a bad judgement call. I read the reply to me in the PC as just an open answer to my question which could as well have been sent in PM or on the open part of the board - and hence not something covered by the NDA as it wasnt about anything "secret". In retrospect I should have asked before copying that to the open part of the forum but it didnt cross my mind at all at the time.

As can be seen that was a grave mistake for which I do apologise and I fully accept and respect the decision that this means I am no longer on the PC.

I am happy that the chest level mechanic is finally investigated but I am very sorry that I caused problems in the process.
    Wow, this is harsh. I think too harsh. But what I think isn't important or what matters, sorry bud. I think you've gone out of your way to bow out gracefully and with dignity though.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theolin View Post
    So this means that my vendor trash is slightly better vendor trash ....
    Got it ....
    I wasn't going to post anything because my last couple have been complaints, about the laziness of update 30. But yeah as far as I see It the only people that will get any Bonus Day benefit out of this is newbie players with 1st life toons and no decent loot.

Now if it had have included named loot then it would have been a different thing altogether. There are loads of old quests I would rerun if there was a good chance to drop its named loot..

Would love to see Double Dice Bonus Day pleaes.

Community Member

Just to be clear, we were getting ready to share that info when we actually confirmed it was a thing, and hopefully including more information about what was going on. We're still in the very early stages of investigating it.
    After running To Curse the sky on en, and eh today. Until ransack, and getting the same about of plat from both difficulties and then later tavern brawl on en also getting the same amount of plat as the curse the sky. Then running Tempest on LH with guild bonus running (base 33+1), same plat as lvl 32. This is a thing.

+1 guild bonus
    +1 gem bonus
    +15 treasure hunting potion
    (+10 world bonus treasure hunting)

were running.

the plat was consistent with lvl 32 and the stats on items also were consistent with lvl 32. A lot of special master crafted items popped, which one 1 of them I kept as it was a good combo of stuff, not because the stats were great.
    Khyber:
    Lunality, Sorcality, Tunality, Axation, Causation, Shurality, Desparality, Stingality and a few more...
    Stingality

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast