Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default DDO Bonus Days: Treasure Hunter's Weekend!

DDO Bonus Days bring you a new bonus event: Treasure Hunter's Weekend! Now through March 13th!

What it does: Treasure dice rolls are increased by 10, making it more likely that you will get maximum effects on loot.

FAQ:

- Yes, this stacks with the Treasure Hunter's Elixirs.
    - No, this doesn't increase your chance to get named loot.
    - This is a separate bonus from traditional Loot Boosts, which raise the level of the chest. This raises the chance to get the good stuff for the level of the chest you are opening.
    - A loot boost will raise the level of the chest, and a Treasure Hunter's Elixir will increase the chance to get lucky loot from the chest. So, combining both together will have an impact.

NOTE:

The DDO Chronicle improperly called this a +20% bonus. Apologies for the error. It's actually a +10 bonus.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

With the revelation that chests are still hard capped at 32 (here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5798407 ) still means we won't be able to get the highest level combinations even with this bonus, correct? I want to make sure before I spend shards to re-roll chests.

The number of bugs and the way the treasure system works is far too confusing to keep up with.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    With the revelation that chests are still hard capped at 32 (here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5798407 ) still means we won't be able to get the highest level combinations even with this bonus, correct? I want to make sure before I spend shards to re-roll chests.

The number of bugs and the way the treasure system works is far too confusing to keep up with.
    It's interesting that someone on the Players Council copied a speculative post in a Council forum discussion into a non-Council thread, since we're still investigating this issue. We're still looking at this issue to decide whether it's actually a thing or not. To put the post here:

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    So! It appears that, despite the chest max level to character max level ratio has been raised and should allow for chests to reach level 40 for capped characters they had still been stopping at level 32 for a currently unknown reason. NoWorries is looking into it and *hopefully* a fix will be in in the near future.

As always, thanks for the reports. =]
    The whole "it appears" thing, and the reason we were discussing it non-publicly, is that we're not sure it's an actual thing yet.

That said, regardless of whether we still have an unknown and previously-undiscovered cap on chests, it has zero impact on this bonus. Remember that this bonus increases your loot roll, not the level of the chest.
    Join us on Twitch!

Ok, so it increases our luckiness, but it doesn't increase the level of the chest, nor does it increase our chances to get named loot. So... what does it look like to be more lucky, if it doesn't affect named loot? Just that the randomly-generated loot will be better?
    LuKaSu's DDO Wishlist.
    SSG, Thanks for a super-fun game!

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by LuKaSu View Post
    Ok, so it increases our luckiness, but it doesn't increase the level of the chest, nor does it increase our chances to get named loot. So... what does it look like to be more lucky, if it doesn't affect named loot? Just that the randomly-generated loot will be better?
    Things like higher/best possible numbers on the benefits, better chance to get additional benefits, that kind of thing.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Remember that this bonus increases your loot roll, not the level of the chest.
    As I understand things, (please correct me if I am wrong and I am only talking about Legendary Elite content/chests) the higher level of the chest, the more of a chance you have to have the "extra" effect on the loot.

I understand this bonus increases your chance for Masterful Craftsmanship and maximum stat/skill bonuses.

But it seems there are still some questions as to whether we are getting the correct level chests (on LE content with loot gems/blessers) and the correct chance for the extra effects (which is what I am interested so I can try to get the best random loot possible; IE: extra effect with the highest possible stat/skill in that extra effect slot) in, so I'll will save my shards. Thanks for the response.
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 03-10-2016 at 03:18 PM.

I guess I'm just puzzled by what this bonus actually does... and so far all the attempts at clarification just muddy the waters further. What exactly does it mean to "get lucky" with loot? Beyond bringing up too-horrible-to-contemplate images of Mimics, that is.

I'm honestly confused.

Last edited by Memnir; 03-10-2016 at 03:20 PM.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Quote Originally Posted by LuKaSu View Post
    AFAICT - better loot, not higher level loot.

I have been running one of the Treasure Hunter's Elixirs (mainly had to buy to create the wiki page (mostly for item images etc)) - and have IMHO noticed allot of blue glowing chests after I loot. The Loot has also been much better, but this is personal perspective (Pulled a masterful Dire Devoted ring of Healing Lore (with a slot IIRC)) and other better than average loot. This weekend I am hoping to pull some phenomenal random loot! *knocking on wood*

Question: Either of these bonuses (from the elixir or weekend bonus) affect Daily Dice rolls?

Community Member

Things like higher/best possible numbers on the benefits, better chance to get additional benefits, that kind of thing.
    Question: So you said it does not affect the chance to get named loot. However, a lot of named loot "has a chance" to roll with mythic boosts (whatever they are called). Will this affect that chance?
    Khyber Server -- New Aundair

bummer just etred again.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I guess I'm just puzzled by what this bonus actually does... and so far all the attempts at clarification just muddy the waters further. What exactly does it mean to "get lucky" with loot? Beyond bringing up too-horrible-to-contemplate images of Mimics, that is.

I'm honestly confused.
    So, under our new loot system, when you open a chest, a roll is made on a loot table. The higher the number, the better. This adds +10 to that roll. The loot table rolled changes as the level of the chest increases, so that in general the loot keeps pace with character level.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentEnd View Post
    Question: So you said it does not affect the chance to get named loot. However, a lot of named loot "has a chance" to roll with mythic boosts (whatever they are called). Will this affect that chance?
    No. In general, named loot has its own %-based chance to appear. If it appears, there's another %-based chance for it to be Mythic (unsurprisingly, the % for Mythic is pretty low.)
    Join us on Twitch!

Thanks for this! Was planning on using some loot gems in combo with this bonus. Glad someone is willing to share all the pertinent information with us!
    A wise man once said that if you don't know the answer to something there is no shame in simply saying "I don't know."

Community Member

No. In general, named loot has its own %-based chance to appear. If it appears, there's another %-based chance for it to be Mythic (unsurprisingly, the % for Mythic is pretty low.)
    Disappointing, but thanks for the clarification
    Khyber Server -- New Aundair

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Roland_D'Arabel View Post
    Thanks for this! Was planning on using some loot gems in combo with this bonus. Glad someone is willing to share all the pertinent information with us!
    Just to be clear, we were getting ready to share that info when we actually confirmed it was a thing, and hopefully including more information about what was going on. We're still in the very early stages of investigating it.
    Join us on Twitch!

Founder

Loot was never capped at 32 before.... It was 30 + guild + jewel bonus = 33 for chests and apparently uncapped for end rewards.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Epic-Loot-Caps

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    It means you have a greater chance to get stuff like augment slots, masterful craftsmanship, additional insight bonuses, stuff like that. So instead of pulling +8 int goggles of Search +17, you might get +9 int goggles of Search +20 with +9 insightful Search.
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

Founder

Does the treasure hunter bonus from elixirs and event affect end rewards or is it chest only?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    It means you have a greater chance to get stuff like augment slots, masterful craftsmanship, additional insight bonuses, stuff like that. So instead of pulling +8 int goggles of Search +17, you might get +9 int goggles of Search +20 with +9 insightful Search.
    Thank you.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast