Default Lighning 2 and Radiance

With the bound material state its taking people longer to craft their tier 3 and many are wanting to be sure before doing so.
    I am getting toward the Tier 3 stage and am wanting to check if there have been any who have crafted 2 of the traditional weapons.

1. The classic L2 weapon. According to the wikki it has Lightning Trap, can anyone say whether this has replaced the L2 ability and what sort of damage if it has. If the L2 still exists what damage does it output? Not a fan of the idea of lightning traps anyway so might give it a miss if this is the case.

2. Radiance. On the wikki it says a chance to blind. Is this the same horrible implemention that was on the TF weapons? or is it the blind on crit that the original GS had.

Thanks to anyone who has done this and can take the time to reply.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by noinfo View Post
    With the bound material state its taking people longer to craft their tier 3 and many are wanting to be sure before doing so.
    I am getting toward the Tier 3 stage and am wanting to check if there have been any who have crafted 2 of the traditional weapons.

1. The classic L2 weapon. According to the wikki it has Lightning Trap, can anyone say whether this has replaced the L2 ability and what sort of damage if it has. If the L2 still exists what damage does it output? Not a fan of the idea of lightning traps anyway so might give it a miss if this is the case.

2. Radiance. On the wikki it says a chance to blind. Is this the same horrible implemention that was on the TF weapons? or is it the blind on crit that the original GS had.

Thanks to anyone who has done this and can take the time to reply.
    hi welcome! try asking here

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...as-heroic-ones

Quote Originally Posted by Holymunchkin View Post
    Hi Welcome

Thanks for the reply, have read through that thread and while its a good general use of it no one there had any specifics on the L2 effect so I thought I would make it clear in a thread title what I was after. I will keep an eye on both threads though. I found your post very interesting with the neg level effect and that its tied to an internal cool down. if they are doing this with all effects its going to be pretty ordinary.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

I agree. The internal cooldown on the tier3 seems pretty silly. An internal cooldown of every 5-10s would be much more reasonable. I understand they do this to eliminate use of the weapon in a magic missile fashion (or with shurikens).

A friend of mine is making a rad2 this week and I'll post back here when he's done.

I may make a lit2 caster stick... ...or just go with a air + air + air/air

The wiki is not correct about epic lit2,its has an additional 12d6 electric damage on hit..you can see the pic in my thread..From my buddy test result,the lightning trap trigger very frequently,but damage is lowish:160-360..it doesnt seems scaled with sp..
    it may be not true about the 12d6 damage on hit,since the greensteel tooltip is usually bugged and only show t3 bonus effect..the 12d6 electric damage on hit might be the t1 effect..sorry about that..
    Last edited by Holyavatar; 12-30-2015 at 12:44 AM.

It was mentioned in a shroud I was in that you have to go good first to make Lit II. If you go air first you get something different. I'm not sure as I haven't run enough to make tier 3.

Community Member

Default legendary greensteel tier 3 bonus effect: legendary lightning bug

Quote Originally Posted by Holyavatar View Post
    The wiki is not correct about epic lit2,its has an additional 12d6 electric damage on hit..you can see the pic in my thread..From my buddy test result,the lightning trap trigger very frequently,but damage is lowish:160-360..it doesnt seems scaled with sp..
    it may be not true about the 12d6 damage on hit,since the greensteel tooltip is usually bugged and only show t3 bonus effect..the 12d6 electric damage on hit might be the t1 effect..sorry about that..
    made my tier 3 legendary lightning legendary greensteel weapon today and it does not do the 12d6 lighning damage on hit as the ddo wiki says it should. it only does the lightning traps which absolutely suck does 160-360 damage once in a while which is a joke. only made legendary lightning so i can get the 12d6 additional lightning damage on hit and now it doesnt do it. ran 10 legendary shrouds with legendary raid time bypasses too. very upset. Please ddo fix this bug. guys dont make legendary lightning unless they fix its a waste of ingrediants. man i couldve made the legendary mineral if i had known this ir legendary salt, even legendary smoke is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteFang View Post
    made my tier 3 legendary lightning legendary greensteel weapon today and it does not do the 12d6 lighning damage on hit as the ddo wiki says it should. it only does the lightning traps which absolutely suck does 160-360 damage once in a while which is a joke. only made legendary lightning so i can get the 12d6 additional lightning damage on hit and now it doesnt do it. ran 10 legendary shrouds with legendary raid time bypasses too. very upset. Please ddo fix this bug. guys dont make legendary lightning unless they fix its a waste of ingrediants. man i couldve made the legendary mineral if i had known this ir legendary salt, even legendary smoke is nice.
    Fix this guy's lit3

Lit2 doesn't have an additional 12d6 on tier3.

It has 12d6 on tier1 if you chose so.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Man I'm not gonna tier 3 anything for a couple of years at least. It's almost like once a month something new comes up that is either nerfed, misdiagnosed or simply bugged.
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers