Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Smile

Instead of voting for someone, I would prefer a poll where we can pick our favorite topics. For instance, more than anything else, I find myself heading to the Wiki for:

1. The class pages, all of them
    2. The enhancement pages, all of them
    3. The crafting pages, especially Thunder-Forged crafting

But that is just me.

I told shoemaker I could list my favorite topics instead and he said I should. So there, I have.

I vote for Shoe.

The question 'Who do you think has been the most influential DDOwiki editor?' is quite tough. I'm not able to dignify the true most influential Editor, because that would make me work through the entire history of changes and estimate every single one of them. I'm too lazy to do that.
    I'm using the Wiki since I started with the game, but I wasn't aware of the people who gathered all those information, I just consumed.

With starting a Twitch Stream Shoe made a huge step forward to encourage more people to get involved into editing. Especially when he points out: 'you can't mess up, or break the Wiki. If there's something going wrong with your entry, I can and will fix it. No worries.' he takes the fear of making mistakes from the newcomers. There are and have to be rules, but the Wiki is not an elitist club of programmers. Shoe makes the newcomer feel comfortable and is supportive to all contributors. This keeps alive what others started.

For sure all editors who work on the Wiki are doing a great job and there wouldn't be a 10th Anniversary, if they didn't.
    Global channel for raids: /joinchannel wayfinderraids

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Thumbs up

I have to vote for all.

The Wiki is my "go to" source so often. It is my Hitchiker's Guide.

Thank you one and all on the Wiki who have made DDO so much less confusing and intimidating.
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1--2 -3 -4 -5--6 -7 -8--9--10 -11-12 13 14! 15 16 17 years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Community Member

Default My Vote is for Shoemaker

I vote for Shoemaker. Not only do I see his work all over DDOwiki, I have also had the honor of questing with him in game numerous times. Isner from the Merciless Onslaught guild on Cannith server has cast his vote.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardt View Post
    I vote for Shoe.
    I expected more from a fellow wayfinderian... :-)

Default Welcome to the forums! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bardor View Post
    I'm glad to have left an impression with my wiki work and I'm glad I have influenced you to make your first ever forum post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Now with real 100% closing.

Community Member

Default Shoe

Vote on Shoe; good man and good player!

Community Member

Default I vote for..

Mjoll, his maps are awesome. Helped and helps me a lot. Just IMO.
    Many thanks to all ddowiki editor, u did and are doing a greatjob.
    Ciao

There are many wiki contributors, it's impossible for me to tell who contributed most useful (and most qualitative) edits since I didn't pay attention to names (IMO big numbers of edits usually means more quantity and less quality though).
    One name I know is Mjoll since he is well advertised in his maps (he's is worth that though).
    I would vote for Mjoll, but it would be unfair to others (who might have done an incredible work too).

But I'll surely vote for the one who will be brave enough to upgrade spells template since that is really important IMO.
    Also need a template for Classes (so that you could see which abilities are important for that class, for example, which ability is needed for spell DC, which ability is needed for spell points, also a link to the list of spells for that class - all this info is kinda annoying to find atm).

Quote Originally Posted by geoffhanna View Post
    Instead of voting for someone, I would prefer a poll where we can pick our favorite topics.
    My favorite (by far) wiki page:
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Adventure_Packs
    Last edited by Robai; 12-05-2015 at 05:49 PM.
    Loot Design, S/S/S system, TR Cache Button, The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Robai View Post
    There are many wiki contributors, it's impossible for me to tell who contributed most useful (and most qualitative) edits since I didn't pay attention to names (IMO big numbers of edits usually means more quantity and less quality though).
    There are ways for you to tell who did what using the history tab on each page, but I don't think it'd be useful to you here. Bigger numbers either mean more quantity (not always bad), updating after qualitative template changes, or that the user is a long time editor.

One name I know is Mjoll since he is well advertised in his maps (he's is worth that though).
    I would vote for Mjoll, but it would be unfair to others (who might have done an incredible work too).
    You're not required to vote (it's more about stories to me), but you're welcome to vote for whomever you like.

But I'll surely vote for the one who will be brave enough to upgrade spells template since that is really important IMO.
    Bribery? Scandalous! (I love it!)

Also need a template for Classes (so that you could see which abilities are important for that class, for example, which ability is needed for spell DC, which ability is needed for spell points, also a link to the list of spells for that class - all this info is kinda annoying to find atm).
    Are you saying that the [[Classes]] page isn't enough? What else should be added to that page to make it meet your needs?

My favorite (by far) wiki page:
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Adventure_Packs
    Cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Now with real 100% closing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoemaker View Post
    Are you saying that the [[Classes]] page isn't enough? What else should be added to that page to make it meet your needs?
    No, Classes is a page for all classes, there is no need for a template for that since only one page would use it.
    I've meant a template that would be used for each Class (just with different values of variables).

For example, all spells uses the same template Spelldescription, but variables inside it have different values for each spell:

It would be nice to have something similar for each Class.
    For example,

Class template for Favored Soul:

Alignment: Any
    Hit Die: d8
    Class Skills: Concentration, Diplomacy, Heal, Jump, Spellcraft
    Skill points at 1st level: (2 + Int mod) x4
    Skill points per level: 2 + Int mod
    Weapon Proficiencies: Simple weapons, Shields (except tower shields)
    Armor Proficiencies: Light armor, Medium armor
    Ability for spell DC: Wis
    Ability for spell points: Cha
    Spells: Clr/FvS spells

Class template for Barbarian:

Alignment: Any Non-Lawful
    Hit Die: d12
    Class Skills: Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Swim
    Skill points at 1st level: (4 + Int mod) x4
    Skill points per level: 4 + Int mod
    Weapon Proficiencies: Simple weapons, Martial weapons, Shields (except tower shields)
    Armor Proficiencies: Light armor, Medium armor
    Ability for spell DC: -
    Ability for spell points: -
    Spells: -

Could be more entries if needed.
    Last edited by Robai; 12-05-2015 at 09:46 PM.
    Loot Design, S/S/S system, TR Cache Button, The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

I'm only active on the wiki for the last 3 or 4 years, and I'm honored to be reminded enough to be voted. Said that, I will not vote on myself because I think that is unethical. And because I don't want to share a story about how myself helped me doing something.

There is a lot of people that deserve some mentions. Some because they created something vital, like a useful template or page. Others by maintaining specific pages up to date. Others by just adding data every time they can, be it the result of a trap disarm roll, or just a fresh monster picture. The wiki is the main reference to DDO today by the collective effort of everyone. Sure, some editors take responsibility for a single pet project that they advance on their own, but even then, there was more people willing to lend a hand with some edits here and there, and that is important.

However, I'll cast a vote to Tech13/Shoemaker because of his recent videocasts. I never understood the reason why so many people enjoy videocasts over forums or other form of written media. However, it is evident that I'm the exception on the rule, and when Shoe go, and register on video how easy it is to edit the wiki, and how everyone can do that to improve the experience of everyone else, it show up.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Default Not just on the Wiki

Shoemaker. He is not only a major part of the Wiki, he is helping us (read "me" at the present time) solve issues between this game and our assorted computer systems. I'm currently experiencing a 201 Error, and he has walked me through a solution. He has done this through Facebook. The only reason I probably haven't gotten it totally fixed, is due to the fact that I haven't had the time to finish it. I'm hoping that it will not take so long once I can sit down and get it done.

Community Member

Shoemaker
    Last edited by Jacque159; 12-06-2015 at 09:47 PM.

Community Member

Hi,

It's hard for me to judge who the most influential contributor is.

I think everyone who is contributing regularly deserves a pat on the back, at least. It's such a good resource.

One part of the wiki which I've found very useful is the wilderness area maps. So a special thanks to the people who did those.

Thanks.

Thumbs up Endlessly patient & guiding

My vote goes to Shoemaker.

For many reasons; from the start being a bottomless resource of knowledge, help and guidance in 'wiki-etiquette', encouraging attitude, with an obvious goal of always looking to enhance other editors knowledge.

So i'd like to raise a glass to you Shoe from the many - Cheers!!

And from me - thanks for the input on In Development - you know i love keeping this one up to date, in order and tidy, thanks for the input on my Greensteel project - in progress STILL!, thanks for all the help and guidance (we won't mention the 'how to set up user tabs' conversations - lol.

Community Member

Hello,

I have to vote for All editors, me too. To all contributors who spend time for help player. Respect to all of them and ty.

Thumbs up

Thumbs up for Shoe
    #WarforgedLivesMatter

Default Re: the vote

Wiki has been a HUGE help to me in this game. I can't help but notice how arduous it must be to keep it updated. Some information seems to be missing but i discount it because the game is always changing and there may be bugs the devs haven't worked out yet. Every single contributor must work hard at keeping their sections up to date and i give cudos to the editors who have supplied maps. (Although they don't help much in a multi-level dungeon but that too is changing and they're getting better all the time. )

My vote goes to Nibelung (Amossa) who is not only going way above and beyond the call of duty to make sure the pertinent information is correct but also is a very patient and knowledgeable teacher. I say this from first hand experience because I've had the opportunity to interact with Amossa. I know how hard he works to get the information right.

Great job to everyone!

Cool I vote Shoe

I vote Shoe.

He's been helping me since 2011! He helped me undertake a few wiki projects and cleanups. He also inspired me to become an admin!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast