Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up DDOwiki poll! Who do you think has been the most influential wiki contributor?

This going going to be an open poll. Who do you think has been the most influential DDOwiki contributor? You can pick any editor you want. Feel free to share a short story about why you pick who you want. Anyone is eligible for this poll. Everyone gets only one vote, and I'll assume the newest post on the thread to be your vote if it includes a vote. Whomever gets the most votes will get a short blurb about them on the wiki's home page to be added during the January 5, 2016, DDOwiki Talk with T13 (ShoeMaker) special 10th anniversary show! The person with the most votes that is still active in game will win a very special prize on the show. Polling will close at 10AM Eastern on December 26, 2015 to give me time to count the votes.

Tally:

Edit: The biggest part of this is getting stories about how an editor on the wiki helped you specifically or did something that made editing/reading the wiki much easier for you. Stories about things editors have done to increase editorship and improve overall quality of the wiki. The hope is that your stories about editors can be worked in together to make a nice story to put on the home page for awhile (length to be determined). The prize for winning could be anything from an item on the Community Loot list to possibly (not confirmed it is doable yet) a lifetime free VIP subscription. It's about the stories!!! Give me your stories as votes!
    Last edited by Shoemaker; 12-15-2015 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Updated tally table...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Now with real 100% closing.

Well Tech, its almost a tricky question. Many of you guys do a lot of work there. You, Zav, Blade, Yoko, Nibel, and many more deserve more recognition.

If i had to pick one who consider the most influencial, id pick one i have personaly seen investing hours after hours chasing monsters for their pics and stats: Sforza.

Just kidding

I nominate Alvaro Nibelung aka Amossa. Really admirate that guy work,the lenghts he go to get true information of a wide range of stuff in game, from items to monsters quests, well i could go on and on... and (as a personal note) he aidded me with my first edits, gave counsel to get quality pics of monsters and fixed many of my mess (Tbh,all of you are usualy cleaning after me...)

bump

I confess that I often do not know who updates the wiki. Like many players, I rely on it and overlook the quiet dedication of the people who keep it updated. With new updates, it is often already up-to-date, remarkably.

I vote for all! Thank you!
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Smile

I'm with saekee on this. The DDO community would be lost without all you guys, present, past, and (hopefully) future.

Thank you all. You all win.

Or really, we do.

I vote for Shoe because he posted a picture.

http://ddowiki.com/page/File:Shoe_wi...and_banana.jpg
    Last edited by Hazelnut; 11-27-2015 at 11:40 AM.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

I'd have to go with Mjoll, I remember helping him locate trap boxes for Gianthold quests on my rogue way back when I first started playing. Before I even TR'd for the first time.
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

Shoe gets my vote.

I'm with the folks that just appreciate the Wiki being there, and the efforts put forth by all on keeping it current & accurate.

edit:
    ...page was last modified 13:32, November 25, 2015 (Update 28.1.2) by ShoeMaker. Based on work by Ken, Zav, good old Jan, Taurolyon, Shade, Simon Richards,Paul, Pedro Madureira Cardoso, Arch, elliott cable, Crwth, Tihocan, Pirho420, Timothy Dinges and Dedridd, DDO wiki users Yoko5000, Yawgmoth, Bladedge, Neouni,Borror0 and SilverSide and DDO wiki anonymous users 184.57.251.181, 76.126.142.119, 80.239.242.94, 198.80.153.5, 165.228.132.11, 24.42.65.249,68.162.56.147, 66.58.239.135, 24.237.6.216, 71.32.186.107 and MediaWiki default.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 11-29-2015 at 08:15 AM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    bump

I confess that I often do not know who updates the wiki. Like many players, I rely on it and overlook the quiet dedication of the people who keep it updated. With new updates, it is often already up-to-date, remarkably.

I vote for all! Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffhanna View Post
    I'm with saekee on this. The DDO community would be lost without all you guys, present, past, and (hopefully) future.

Thank you all. You all win.

Or really, we do.
    I agree with both of you. Thank you to the entire DDOWiki team, you guys rock, you all gets my vote if that's possible.
    Guild I'm one of a kind, Khyber
    Current Crew: Raika ~ Carolanne ~ Sulthania ~ Yasminne ~ Zazette
    Semi-Active Crew: Rosanna ~ Venusia ~ Coriza
    Retired Crew: Alexandra ~ Samara ~ Zaretta ~ Carelle ~ Katina ~ Nathalya ~ Kristina ~ Nausikaa ~ Carietta ~ Isabella ~ Zyvorra ~ Hetoff
    Guild The Ashen, Khyber (Originally from Riedra)
    Retired Crew: Zazumi

Community Member

Hard to pick one. I'd say that maybe Shoe can get my vote, as i've seen him on his stream. I think his work on Twitch has brought a few contributors to the wiki, so I'll go with him, but you all do a great job!

Borror0
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Howe View Post
    Borror0
    This one.
    Last edited by SableShadow; 12-01-2015 at 05:31 PM.
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

Arrow Nice try...

Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    ...snip...
    This one.
    This vote is a little deceitful, don't you think? lol Trying to change poor cdbd3rd's vote to match yours... lol I guess it was worth a shot... How about giving us a story about how Borror0 influenced the face of the wiki (I expected to see a few votes for him even though he has been retired and out of the scene for awhile because he was the face of the wiki on the forums for a long time before Yoko took that over (I expect some votes for him too) and I've kind of picked up the slack here myself since).

Shade / Axer gets my vote.

Cool Stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    Shade / Axer gets my vote.
    That's great! Do you have a story to share? I was sad to see him /ragequit, and still hope he get's over it some day and decides to come back and contribute some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoemaker View Post
    This vote is a little deceitful
    Wasn't going for deceitful, just noted the places where I'd seen Borror0 mentioned in thread already.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoemaker View Post
    because he was the face of the wiki on the forums for a long time before Yoko took that over
    ... and that's why.
    Last edited by SableShadow; 12-01-2015 at 05:31 PM. Reason: I was being unhelpful.
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post

... and that's why.
    That's my reason too. Bor was there at the beginning of the wiki. It wouldn't be what is today without him.
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

Community Member

borror0. h3es doing raddit canadian politics adimn now as far as i understand.

Community Member

I vote for Shoe

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Howe View Post
    That's my reason too. Bor was there at the beginning of the wiki. It wouldn't be what is today without him.
    /Signed.

Borror0 gets my vote too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast