Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default The Night Revels has arrived!

The Night Revels is here! Now through November 8th. Click here for our guide to the event!

Get 4 free Night Revels keys in the DDO Store for the festival with coupon code TpeKXaryH8QkL

(limit 1 code use per account, valid now through Nov 8th)
    Last edited by Tolero; 10-28-2015 at 11:09 AM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Care to explain why my level 4 char is denied to participate?

He is in the level 1-5 instance yet can not enter the quests for the other ingredients because for that you need to be level 7.

Why then have a level 1-5 instance at all?

What genius came up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragnipurake View Post

He is in the level 1-5 instance yet can not enter the quests for the other ingredients because for that you need to be level 7.

yeah that is odd. don't understand why there isn't levels for at least level 4-35.

Here is a coupon for the festival: TpeKXaryH8QkL

4 free Night Revels Keys for the festival, limit 1 code use per account, valid now through Nov 8th

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post

4 free Night Revels Keys for the festival, limit 1 code use per account, valid now through Nov 8th
    Side note... I just redeemed the coupon and got the keys immediately! no need to relog! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa! *happy clap*

Community Member changelingamuck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragnipurake View Post

Because the event has a minimum level of 7. And because people might want to run in the level 1-5 instance while over-level.

I'm not sure "what genius" came up with that; but I'm pretty sure they won't be rushing to get back to addressing your wounded feelings considering the sarcastic and nasty tone of your post.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post

Is this the same as the one from the preview or is it an additional 4 keys?

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    No it's different, i got the 4 free with the last code, and just got 4 more with this one.
    Didn't have to relog either.

*just a side note, ran in the graveyard for an hour (just finished) and got 4 keys drop...Hmm doesn't seem like they upped the drop rate too much will do more testing*
    Last edited by holfrar; 10-28-2015 at 11:37 AM.
    'Live Long, Play Longer'

Quote Originally Posted by holfrar View Post
    No it's different, i got the 4 free with the last code, and just got 4 more with this one.
    Didn't have to relog either.

*just a side note, ran in the graveyard for an hour (just finished) and got 4 keys drop...Hmm doesn't seem like they upped the drop rate too much will do more testing*
    90 minutes spent and ended up with 11 keys.

Didn't do the preview so I have no idea if this is about expected or higher/lower than expected.
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    This is a new coupon, so if you used the preview coupon you can get four more keys for free using this new coupon code.
    Join us on Twitch!

right after we were back up, 15 mins lvl 8 char. = 6 keys, 90 mins split lvl25/28 = 1 key

[QUOTE=Tolero;5714328]Here is a coupon for the festival: TpeKXaryH8QkL

4 free Night Revels Keys for the festival, limit 1 code use per account, valid now through Nov 8th[/QUOTE

Worked TY!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by changelingamuck View Post
    Because the event has a minimum level of 7. And because people might want to run in the level 1-5 instance while over-level.

I'm not sure "what genius" came up with that; but I'm pretty sure they won't be rushing to get back to addressing your wounded feelings considering the sarcastic and nasty tone of your post.
    That person's tone aside, it would be nice to have some explanation why the level restriction at the lower end. Why can't a 2nd level enter a 7th level quest here just like a 25th going in on 30th for extra ingredients?

There are rewards that are min level 4 to use yet only 7th level (thus over-powered) characters can earn them. I play permadeath so I can't farm up items with higher lvl toons and trade down etc. Why are over-powered characters rewarded at this low end and (supposedly) underpowered characters rewarded only at the high end?

Any explanation at all for this result would be lovely(which may have to do with coding or who knows what of course).

I don't see the advantage for this restriction and that choice managed to irritate a small sliver of the population. I'm hopeful I can get an explanation so I can tell my guild rather than "because DDO said so."

What I would like is the ability to enter at 2nd (or even 4th) level and there is no need to scale the quest down to that level-- leave it level 7. What is the argument against this? Maybe by cutting down lag maybe by reducing the number of people who can play?

It is very disappointing to me after the build-up of a new Mabar replacement to discover that I can not participate. Oh well, I am sure I will survive my grumpiness but I would love an explanation for the level restriction!

Good Times ! Having a Blast !!

Thank you for upping the key drops! I feel it is about right now!

Ran a farm, solo and with raid group lots of fun, bitta lag (especially with aura's ggoing off everywhere), drops feel much better than the preview!

Sad to see some grieving already So Early in the event though, with that I mean players stepping in over level wilderness because of subjective feeling it pays better, but then spawning mobs so the higher level players in the range get the "monster to low" msg, REAL SAD ! DON'T DO THIS ! PLEASE !

Looking forward to run the challenges for mats
    G-land, Balistas Magicas, Bashukar Bloodaxe, Kobur Curse of Dragon, Necromatix

Default ingredient + grenade concerns

the amount of chocolates and ingredients required for a single item is insanely high, someone talked about needing to run ~35 quests to get the ingredients needed for a single lv 24 item, the time sink required for everything is way higher than previous Halloween events.

Regarding pumpkin and skull grenades, since acquiring chocolates has become more grueling, the price for them should drop as well. 2:1 ratio of chocolates to grenades would feel appropriate, though even 3, 4, or 5 to 1 would be better than what it's at now.
    Cannith: Slenderen (previously known as Slenderbot), Gurei, Biggorox, Kinkaku, Xier, Lrrrr, Tyngle

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Thoggy View Post
    That person's tone aside, it would be nice to have some explanation why the level restriction at the lower end. Why can't a 2nd level enter a 7th level quest here just like a 25th going in on 30th for extra ingredients?

There are rewards that are min level 4 to use yet only 7th level (thus over-powered) characters can earn them. I play permadeath so I can't farm up items with higher lvl toons and trade down etc. Why are over-powered characters rewarded at this low end and (supposedly) underpowered characters rewarded only at the high end?

Any explanation at all for this result would be lovely(which may have to do with coding or who knows what of course).

I don't see the advantage for this restriction and that choice managed to irritate a small sliver of the population. I'm hopeful I can get an explanation so I can tell my guild rather than "because DDO said so."

What I would like is the ability to enter at 2nd (or even 4th) level and there is no need to scale the quest down to that level-- leave it level 7. What is the argument against this? Maybe by cutting down lag maybe by reducing the number of people who can play?

It is very disappointing to me after the build-up of a new Mabar replacement to discover that I can not participate. Oh well, I am sure I will survive my grumpiness but I would love an explanation for the level restriction!
    We have been hearing the feedback on the minimum level necessary to enter the Night Revels challenge dungeons. There was not time to address it this time around, but we have heard the feedback on it.
    Join us on Twitch!

Hero, Mo Bro H'ro, & MB Super-H'ro ComicRelief's Avatar

Default Disappearing Rest Shrine, WAI?

I noticed that in "The Snitch and the Lich" that the only rest shrine in there disappears, even if it was not used. Is that WAI?

(I could see maybe if it was used, disappearing...maybe...)
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

I've gone through an hour and a half and have yet to have a single key drop--is this because I'm using a draught of midnight? Has anyone else tried this?

I don't really want to have to buy all of my keys.
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

Hero, Mo Bro H'ro, & MB Super-H'ro ComicRelief's Avatar

Default It's Hit and Miss

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    I've gone through an hour and a half and have yet to have a single key drop--is this because I'm using a draught of midnight? Has anyone else tried this?

Yeah, I went for 4 hours on one toon during the preview and only got 4 keys; other toon got 6 in 1.5 hours.

Plus/minus.
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post

The Draught of Midnight has no affect on key drop rates, it only increases the chances of getting Darkest Chocolate. Additionally, only monsters killed in Delera's Graveyard offer Night Revels Keys.
    Join us on Twitch!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast