Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Update 28 Patch 1 (The Night Revels) is now available on Lamannia!

UPDATE 10/15/15: We are offering a special sneek peak of the new DDO Store on Lamannia, in addition to an updated version of The Night Revels, and a preview of many of the upcoming changes detailed in our Balance thread. Thank you!

We are now offering a sneak peek of our upcoming event The Night Revels on Lamannia! Please check it out and provide us with any and all feedback. Please also let us know if you encounter any bugs.

KNOWN ISSUES:

• The experience is set too high for the dungeons, and will be reduced.
    • The final cost has not been set for all items.
    • Vampires are currently not undead.
    • Some exit waypoints are mis-labeled.
    • Dungeons will be available at a slightly higher level for capped players than is currently listed.
    • The Lich in the Snitch will have preventative measures to prevent gawkers on roofs.
    • The quest entrance UI does not currently list the quest-specific ingredients under Rewards.
    • Characters do not exit dungeons into the same level band of Delera's Graveyard that they entered the quest in.
    • Pumpkin and Skull Grenades and Potions of the Party P.o.o.per are not currently available in the item Barter UI.
    • Attempting to enter a quest without a kay displays an incorrect message that you need to own the challenge pack. The quests will not need to be purchased.
    • The Delighter's Docent is not Bound to Account, but should be.
    • Lasting Night Revels keys available in the Lamannia DDO Store say they will eventually disappear, but this is inaccurate.
    • Spooky Augments say they are +6 in some places, but should say +2.
    • The doorway to Haverdashed says "The Marketplace".

ALSO: Premium players who make a purchase in the DDO Store are reverted to Free players for the purposes of character slots. This is a Lamannia-only issue.

NOTE: Character Copy remains unavailable to Lamannia.

Click here for our Lamannia feedback forum for The Night Revels.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 10-15-2015 at 03:55 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Heya folks!

I'm going to be around from 8pm to 10pm Eastern (GMT-4) tonight (September 30th) for a bit of Night Revelry.

There may be a few other devfolk around as well.

See you all online!

Only thing I want to know is:

Are we going to be able to use our old Mabar ingredients or are you going to at least provide us a way to convert them?

Please?

Ok this is joke, right? There was a 24 people raid in the past and now "kobold new ringleader" ? Seriously? please don't tell me it's your best idea... We waited 2 years in the hope to see a new mabar, with a raid or something like that.
    Last edited by Erik_Loki; 09-30-2015 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Additional informations
    Leader de "I GRANCHI AVIATORI" -->Toons:

Axart - Bowart - Chainart - Drondell - Healart - Jysela - Mesmerizart - Palwart - Tankart - Warelize - Wrapart

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default You may have missed the Dead Horse thread

Quote Originally Posted by lostgunman View Post
    Only thing I want to know is:

Are we going to be able to use our old Mabar ingredients or are you going to at least provide us a way to convert them?

Please?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Mabar-stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are now offering a sneak peek of our upcoming event The Night Revels on Lamannia! Please check it out and provide us with any and all feedback. Please also let us know if you encounter any bugs.

KNOWN ISSUES:

• The experience is set too high for the dungeons, and will be reduced.
    • The final cost has not been set for all items.
    • Vampires are currently not undead.
    • Some exit waypoints are mis-labeled.
    • Dungeons will be available at a slightly higher level for capped players than is currently listed.
    • The Lich in the Snitch will have preventative measures to prevent gawkers on roofs.
    • The quest entrance UI does not currently list the quest-specific ingredients under Rewards.
    • Characters do not exit dungeons into the same level band of Delera's Graveyard that they entered the quest in.
    • Pumpkin and Skull Grenades and Potions of the Party P.o.o.per are not currently available in the item Barter UI.
    • Attempting to enter a quest without a kay displays an incorrect message that you need to own the challenge pack. The quests will not need to be purchased.
    • The Delighter's Docent is not Bound to Account, but should be.
    • Lasting Night Revels keys available in the Lamannia DDO Store say they will eventually disappear, but this is inaccurate.
    • Spooky Augments say they are +6 in some places, but should say +2.
    • The doorway to Haverdashed says "The Marketplace".

ALSO: Premium players who make a purchase in the DDO Store are reverted to Free players for the purposes of character slots. This is a Lamannia-only issue.

NOTE: Character Copy remains unavailable to Lamannia.

Click here for our Lamannia feedback forum for The Night Revels.
    "Attempting to enter a quest without a kay displays an incorrect message that you need to own the challenge pack. The quests will not need to be purchased."

without a key (typo above)

Founder

Is the change to crit rage happening in this patch?

Run the 4 challenges at level 30, they were too easy on a first life ungeared gimp warlock. I only died on snitch and the lich because I got drained 20 levels.... xD

For live you can add a "champion level 35", where all enemies are champions.

And the loot.... I'm sorry but IMHO is too disappointing. Expiring loot, clickies 1 charge/rest, +2 stacking wisdom or int, or cosmetic items.

You have a good chance to introduce some nice augments: +2 spooky to all physical stats (str, dex, con) or +2 spooky to all mental stats (int, wis, cha), multiply the ingredients needed by 5 and we are set on a event that everyone will run. Both level 28 ofc.

Hell, even a Mortal Fear augment would be great. So people can run with new Named weapons and get mortal fear.

I spent a few hours on Lama throwing together gear and getting the last few past lives on my character the quick way to become a Tempest ranger. only ran around Deleras once until I got a key to enter one of the challenges, New Ringleader. mobs were easy to kill and unresponsive until you actually attacked them. standing next to one while beating on the other was unable to target and pretended not to notice his buddy getting killed. that's not a complaint. as far as I could tell, I was the only one in the level 28 slayer area.

New Ringleader was the closest challenge when I got a key. for giggles, I jumped in the level 28 challenge. my gear set up wasn't exactly what I would wear for my ranger, but it was a mixture between Orchard, the new Amrath quests gear, shadow armor and weapons. no cloak slot. one weapon at tier 3 and the other at tier 2. not enough ingredients to make a tier 3. anyways, walked in with no ship buffs or components for like jump and FOM, but buffed with the few useful ranger spells. did forget to GH and blur myself though.

its basically the same layout as Ringleader in the Harbor, but with pumpkins and spooky kobolds. it took me like 10 minutes to complete, but i was also trying to figure out how to get through doors and check out the scenery. some of the rooms you can enter in the harbor you cannot here, but I can see through the cracks in the doorway pumpkins all over the room. getting 5 stars is quite easy and makes no sense not to. I got 90k xp for 5 stars, but I guess that will be reduced. honestly, if the level of the challenge isn't increased a lot, than 10k xp is more fitting at level 28. I soloed that challenge without any fear of dying or taking serious damage. the lich boss was dead in 5 seconds and that was because I actually expected a real fight. less mobs to deal with in this challenge compared to the Harbor quest, but very weak mobs.

I rate this challenge a /yawn
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

okay so...

I have a level 14 Warlock on Lammannia and right now I have entered the Level 12-17 version of the Graveyard.

Um, what is going on?

First of all, it is way way too dark. I know that it is supposed to be 'spooky,' but I would like for the Developers to please try this out on a Mac client where you cannot control the brightness or contrast at all. I cannot see anything.

Second of all, where are all of the enemies? The ones that do seem to be there I can barely see (see point #1) and furthermore I can't seem to target them at all. If I fire eldritch blasts in their general direction sometimes I get lucky enough to seem to kill them, but there is no way to hard target them. i can't even tell what I'm fighting.

Third, it seems weirdly empty? I am the only one out here at the moment, which may be part of the problem, but the number of enemies seems..... very low.

So basically I am very confused in the dark.

EDIT: well after running around the Graveyard in the dark for 45 minutes, I am very underwhelmed so far. Blasting wildly at whatever few undead did seem to spawn (not being able to target is a real problem) I managed to get about 20 chocolates and 1 key. I tried the Haberdashed quest, which said 15 minutes, and I was done in all of 2 minutes. And then it was back to running around in the dark some more. Not a good first impression. I'm hoping with more people around it will be better.
    Last edited by DANTEIL; 09-30-2015 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DANTEIL View Post
    Third, it seems weirdly empty? I am the only one out here at the moment, which may be part of the problem, but the number of enemies seems..... very low.

So basically I am very confused in the dark.
    because there was only like a dozen or so players logged into Lama. before I logged off, I saw Coco at level 7 in the slayer area when looking at the Who list.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Please remove the old Ethereal Key from the DDO store. It was driving me nuts trying to figure out why the key wasn't working on the portals lol.

Also, if that key ends up in the store on live, I imagine a lot of people will fall into the same trap...except they'll be using actual TP for that one

Edit: Also, I'm assuming it's just for testing purposes, but just in case, please don't put the Lasting Night Revels Key on live. That will remove any reason for people to be in the Graveyard

Edit 2: Oh, and apparently the Lasting Night Revels Key actually is one-use only, at least on my Character.

-Jayron
    Last edited by LevelJ; 09-30-2015 at 10:12 PM.

Quests are very easy for a lvl 28 in cr30. Took 10min to do all 4. 6 star. Mobs need to hit harder and have 10x more hp. Game needs more challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Holymunchkin View Post
    Quests are very easy for a lvl 28 in cr30. Took 10min to do all 4. 6 star. Mobs need to hit harder and have 10x more hp. Game needs more challenge!
    The question I have is, is a seasonal event an appropriate place to put "challenge"? Or should it be a fun social event, that is nothing more than a distraction from the normal game play? I tend to side on the latter, thus the ease of the quests is OK. Also with the ingredients expiring, it doesn't matter how fast or how much people collect things in this event, they won't be able to use it next year.

For this event Fun trumps challenge.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    The question I have is, is a seasonal event an appropriate place to put "challenge"? Or should it be a fun social event, that is nothing more than a distraction from the normal game play? I tend to side on the latter, thus the ease of the quests is OK. Also with the ingredients expiring, it doesn't matter how fast or how much people collect things in this event, they won't be able to use it next year.

You are terribly wrong.
    First of all, challenge = fun for far too many people to be ignored. Some may like just watching the graphics of it, but so would they enjoy watching a gif anywhere on the internet (with better graphics).

And then is the "social". A small amount of people likes just mindlessly killing undead in the graveyard. Don't expect a large part of the population to show up for no reason. Challenges can be soloed, keys can be bought. No social aspect there, contrary to the summoning chamber.

The ease of quests is not OK, because we can do easy quests any time we want. Also, increasing HP and damage is also not OK, because we can just go in Defiler of the Just and test our DPS. What would be ok was a party-based challenge giving every party member a task to perform. Perhaps collecting candy from monsters that went to treat or trick and avoid taking it from kids. No reason for battle either. Whole game is battle battle battle. Events need to be "different" to break the monotony and renew interest in the game and thus events are very important to a long-lasting game.
    Somehow the devs keep missing that with Mimic Event and now with Night Revels.
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

Let's put it this way, a level 10 could have steam rolled those level 28 challenges. I'm fine with a seasonal event not posing an extreme challenge, but they are ridiculously easy right now.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Let's put it this way, a level 10 could have steam rolled those level 28 challenges. I'm fine with a seasonal event not posing an extreme challenge, but they are ridiculously easy right now.
    Since I just spent 2 hours trying to get a stupid key to drop, I have no idea if you are being serious or not.

A big problem, the keys just are not dropping and they do not appear to be in the DDOstore [not matter how hard I have looked]

Since I just spent 2 hours trying to get a stupid key to drop, I have no idea if you are being serious or not.

A big problem, the keys just are not dropping and they do not appear to be in the DDOstore [not matter how hard I have looked]
    Yes I was serious. Sounds like bad luck getting a key. It took me one pass around the graveyard last night to get a key.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

Community Manager

They will be in the DDO Store on live but we have removed them (as of today) from the DDO Store on Lamannia to get a better sense of key drop rates. We don't want the drop rate to be so low as to make people feel like we are "forcing" them to buy one, since that is not our intention.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Yes I was serious. Sounds like bad luck getting a key. It took me one pass around the graveyard last night to get a key.
    Well moments after posting, i finally got a key and ran "The Litch and the Snitch" at Level 30.

I agree it was easy, but if its something I'm going to potentially run a lot in a short period of time, I'm still OK with it being on the easy side. Especially if we follow Steel'sj comments about wanting this event to have less of a time commitment. I liked the theme and the idea, just neither the Snitch nor the Litch posed any mortal danger to me at all.

All would be forgiven if that xp stayed the way it is!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast