Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NoWorries View Post
    This pack consists of 16 items from the 4 dungeons. There are 2 items from each of the dungeons that have a set bonus, and an overarching set bonus if you use 6 of those 8 set items.

All items should in the dojo chest.
    Few issues all these items should have 2 augment slots or a way to add a second augment slot.
    6 item set.. og are you nuts... this could only work if it was fully customizable gear like greensteel crafted items.

Captain's Set - +2 Quality Str.
    Epic Barbette's Bracers - Insightful STR +4, GH, Green Slot, Blue Slot

~ missing a +11 stat. and some other bonus that we would have from any other equivalent level item.
    - http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Armband...nes_(level_28)
    - http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Ethereal_Bracers
    Epic Ship kickers Boots-Insightful DEx+4, Riposte, green slot, yellow slot
    ~ missing a +11 stat. and some other bonus that we would have from any other equivalent level item.
    - http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Boots_of_the_Innocent
    - http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Boots_of_Blessed_Travels

Griffon Set - +2 Quality Con
    Epic Eagles Eye Trinket- Search+20, Spot+20, Seeker+14, Colourless slot, Green Slot

~ Seriously? this scrap in the trinket slot... doom.... you should be embarrassed with how pathetic this is relative to comparable level items. let alone using a trinket slot for sets.
    - http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Litany_of_the_Dead .. even Heroic Litany....
    - http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Tr...ass_(Level_24)
    - http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Manual_...lthy_Pilfering
    - http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Memoriam
    Epic Lions Mane Necklace- Insightful Con+4, Insightful False life+20,Insightful Natural Amor+5,Insightful Fort+3, Green Slot
    ~ Its almost good as a stand alone item, still missing a stat +11, lacking overall.. meh.. doesnt entice me away from even greensteel crafted
    - http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Resonation
    - http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Shroud_of_Ardent
    - http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Noxious_Embers

Double Helix set bonus- insightful Sheltering +4
    ~you are kidding, right?,.... a few stand alone items have Insightful +5 ...
    - http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Ins...ing_%2B5_items
    Epic Laurel Helix Ring-Sheltering+24,Fortification 120,Protection+10,Green SLot
    ~ yawn... Rings in this level range blow this garbage away
    - http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Guardia...ing_(Level_27) . guaranteed end reward list for any difficulty...
    - too many other better rings to even bother posting them...
    Epic Ivy Helix Ring-buch of scrappy saves and a green slot
    ~ not even going to comment on this one.. anything I say here will be infraction point worthy...

Epic Dice Dagger and Epic Slice Dagger
    ~looks alright for the Assassin only types, ~useless for anyone else..
    ~5.5(1d4)/2 is kind of ok..missing DR bypass options, set bonus is.. meh.
    ~Could use a better crit/damage proile and some special eefct.. deception/blinding.. you know stuff assassins actually want...

Epic Demonic Slab Tower Shield- Cold Resist+50,Impact V, Vitality+40,Armor piercing20%, purple slot
    ~ and.. ???? this is a nothing shield.. in that there is nothing there to encourage anyone to care... utter garbage..
    - http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Ultimatum .. now this is a shield people want to get...
    - http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Sh...f_Tireless_Aid (not a tower shield but still a shield that has a use)

Epic Locked and Load handwraps- Fire/kinetic/sonic Lores 18%, Insightful Potency+10
    ~must be a joke filler to annoy monks and casters....
    -

Epic Docent of Insight- Insightful Int+4, Insightful Potency+10,Quality Wizardry V (+65sp ), green slot
    ~ a +4 Int for forged.. +65SP is a weird number.. but it is extra sp.. , mostly overall.. lacking... any docent should offer sooo much more.... - caster level 26 leather armor - http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Mythic_Arcane_Armor
    -Dragonscales are still better, http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Blademark%27s_Docent still has no competition other than TF.
    ~ forged are still getting screwed over compared to armor, I do wish DDO would just update forged (like 4e rules)to be able to wear armor, at least then forged can get equal access to the better armors.

Epic Dynamastic Quiver-doubleshot 8%, Ranged Power+4
    ~ 5 uniques/3000 stacks so it carries more.. but.... boring......
    - http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Quiver_of_Alacrity - at level 20.
    - http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Quiver_of_Alacrity - even the heroic one..
    -

Epic Fatal Flaw Heavy Repeater-KeenIII,Armor Pircing 20%,Shrieking V, Sovern Vorpal, Orange Slot
    ~ 6.5(1d10)/2.. bigger base damage.. just lacking any sort of purpose...
    -

Epic Increased Potential Orb-Wizardry XI, Insightful Spell pen+2, Quality Spell focus+2, Orange slot
    ~better than not having an orb, does have a +2 Quality bonus to DC's.. its alright, but just kind of boring overall..
    ~ may be a problem trying to use this and trying to get the set bonus for any casters since you lockout spell power gear trying to make the set work. tight gear reworking for niche DC builds.
    - http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Libram_of_Silver_Magic
    -

Epic Return to sender thowing dagger-SolarVI, improved paralyzing, greater bleed, orange slot
    ~Glorified barrel breaker..
    -

Epic Robe of Insight cloth(robe icon)-Insightful+4Cha,Insightful Potency+10, Quality Wizardry V, Quality Armor+4, green slot
    ~ first Insightful Charisma +4.. but only for cloth wearing fleshies.. and from my point of view is just....lacking..
    -

The names/commentary did make me chuckle..
    The auxiliary bonuses are lacking, stat bonuses are lacking, augment slots are lacking, set bonus is too restrictive.. lose more than gain.
    Nothing really jumped out as a must get item, only positive I saw was they are BTA so may be of use to someone to pass to alt toons that may get fast tracked to cap with Otto's boxes and not farm/run any of the other raids.
    If all of these had been base items with customizable interchangeable upgrades at a interface trader (kind of like having 5 augments with limited selections) there may have been some mix and match usefulness.

at the end of the day, nothing here jumps out as being worth hunting for, .. if it drops.. I might collect to pack away for an alt.. maybe... or not...
    ....doesn't really give me any motivation or desire either way.. once for favor then back to Thunderforge farming, MOD, DOJ...
    Last edited by JOTMON; 09-17-2015 at 10:44 AM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

I would like to make a remark not strictly related to U28 items, but I think it will help no less.

With the upcoming ranger pass I am going to make a dwarf ranger tempest.
    I was considering to make it dex based, and I noticed that there are no named "dwarven" light weapons in this game.

There are alchemical, greensteel and thunderforged versions of hand axes, light picks and light hammers, plus a named ML 14 hand axe. Nothing more than that.
    I would have expected more, given that I was choosing between three weapon types.

Long story short, maybe in the following updates you could add weapons from one of those types. Just so that a dwarf ranger won't have to wield a couple of scimitars.

World Designer

I am looking into lowering the Devil's Handiwork set requirement to 5 pieces and raising the bonus to +2/+3 for heroic/elite.

We understand that a common loot building choice is to find key items and build around those, only replacing them when something directly better comes along. This particular update is mainly about loot that has bonuses which stack with other existing loot pieces. There are a lot of additional stacking options that previously didn't exist. This does mean that it will require players to rework their gear layout in order to get the most benefit from these items and it also means that it is unlikely players can maximize all of the stats they want to with the highest number, because so many options exist. It is much more about flexibility and choice than it is about directly replacing certain popular items that already exist.

I would like to see Set Boni as augments. For Example new Items have Set Augments in Blue Slots, you can take em out and slot them whereever you want. Its not like we have a shortage of slots after MOD and DOJ, we just need a good way to fill them.

Or maybe just let the Set Augments drop like Draconic Soul Gem or Globe of Imperial Blood as named Items, and as soon as you are slotting 2 or more you get a certain Set Bonus, shouldnt be to much work to put this into the game.

Items look very lackluster as people already stated, old boni with low stats for 28. Especially when introducing new weapons you always have to keep in mind that those should be considerably good compared to TF or ToEE Weapons. Not neccessarily better but at least somewhere in that range.
    Haek N' Slay (©ompletionist Juggernaut / Zeus Life 61 of 61)My Toon is better than your toon.Mitis Mors - Thelanis

I am looking into lowering the Devil's Handiwork set requirement to 5 pieces and raising the bonus to +2/+3 for heroic/elite.

We understand that a common loot building choice is to find key items and build around those, only replacing them when something directly better comes along. This particular update is mainly about loot that has bonuses which stack with other existing loot pieces. There are a lot of additional stacking options that previously didn't exist. This does mean that it will require players to rework their gear layout in order to get the most benefit from these items and it also means that it is unlikely players can maximize all of the stats they want to with the highest number, because so many options exist. It is much more about flexibility and choice than it is about directly replacing certain popular items that already exist.
    Yea - these attributes are so underwhelming. I provided this feedback in council forums as well and it fell on deaf ears.

These set bonuses are generally too weak for the amount of gear you are asking us to invest. This stuff is directly competing with MOD/DOJ gear.

No thanks. The gear in this pack has to be buffed by quite a bit - most of it is really weak.

on the plus side, the shield skin looks really cool:

Lowering the requirement to 5 pieces is great.
    I'm not so sure about raising the set bonus. It can easily create a situation where basically everyone is using exactly the same items.

Community Member

Default Towershield

The towershield is very bad.

It's base is densewood which is nice for druids. However it seems that with the impact included it's only a 3d10 /19-20x2.
    Which is very poor. There is no way i'd ever consider using it as opposed to a PDK or ultimatum or bastion.

Allright i just read it's 3x(3d10). That's actually quite a bit. If this is not a typo consider my objections withdrawn.
    Last edited by rmi; 09-17-2015 at 12:11 PM.

TL;DR: We want to create gear no one will ever use.

No one is going to use this gear. You do understand that planning gear is a really a game of Gear Jenga, right? Seriously. Are you aware of this? Changing to any one of these pieces of gear is going to have a cascade effect on the rest of that character's gear layout. With the time required to farm some of the better stuff, I can't see anyone being willing to put themselves through this just to use one of these underwhelming, cleverly-named items. However, I am looking forward to looting one of the Return to Sender's so I can glamer it and all my toons that use throwing weapons can run around throwing letters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    Description: The arcane archer PrE seems to be designed to work only with bows. However, it is possible to attach its effects to other weapons with much greater rate of fire like shurikens (or crossbows).
    Bug.

I really can't see me or the guildies wasting much time on this content in order to get this gear, and especially the accompanying set bonuses.

It all seems really, really weak, and just having to deal with the nightmare of swapping around existing gear to try to make those set bonuses come together makes it a no-go.

I know some really like the set bonus idea, but for me it's always just been more hassle than it's worth for characters at the epic level. Set Bonuses are great for starting and/or new characters, all the way through the heroic levels. They are somewhat useful at the beginning Epic levels for those same characters as well.

For established characters, and really any characters that have been around long enough to be at the levels needed for this new content, this stuff is just far from attractive.

Unattractive loot just leads to the content having no long-term life. It'll get run for a while because it's new. Then people might have one or two pieces of gear they really want, but when that gear doesn't drop or is unavailable as a Story Arc End Reward, then that content is just longer useful.

With what has been previewed so far, this loot is definitely not going to be an incentive to run the content.
    "The sword itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with swords."

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

While I like this, I feel every item needs a mythic version to bump the base components to lvl 28 range. +11 or +12 stat, sheltering to 30, etc. This way you have the existing, but the mythic versions would be the chase. I love the idea of sets, bonuses that stack, etc.

Someone pointed out that they are not stacking, so be mindful of that.

Default Quiver

Can the Ranged Power bonus be changed to something that stacks? Currently, other items such as sightless overwrites it and you are left with just 8% doubleshot.

Problem is.. there is little to no flexibility, even a 5 set bonus is difficult to build around.
    Set gear has no +11 stats which limits the gear you can wear or augment, there are less augment slots, so this tightens the noose.

No one wants to wear multiple pieces of scrap gear to get a bonus that doesn't exceed what they already have without the bonus... We may sacrifice a single piece to make a set work, but not the whole ensemble.

Max DC casters need the stats, insightfull, litany, focus, augments , spell power gear to make this all work.. but too much is lost trying with these set options.
    The only reason to work in the set bonus is for the stacking quality bonus over and above epic litany..and DOJ gear and I really only think a few DC casters will care enough to try.
    ~Griffon Trinket is already off the choice list for most players because it just plain sucks and is in direct competition with Litany/Epic Litany... let alone alternative decent trinkets for trapping
    ~Bracers/boots set is at best a break even swap for most melee types, a loss for casters.
    ~Daggers are of no use to anyone except maybe assassins who don't have TF or alternatives.. so they are out..
    ~Docent/Robe means losing from existing armor slot like TF or other decent armors.. so they are a break even at best but likely a net loss.
    ~Helix rings, throwing dagger, handwraps, shield all just plain suck.
    ~Quiver.. meh.. trade off for Quiver of Alacrity.. more of an extra quiver to store more arrows in inventory than a static piece.. only good thing is it has no impact for non-ranged types..

Even Chronosphere sets were tough to manage with 3/5 piece sets but that base gear made it worthwhile for the level range it covered.
    The only thing I see myself doing is selectively picking up some one-off pieces.
    I don't forsee any value to losing as much as we would to squeeze out the set bonus.
    Which is too bad, generally I would have loved to have seen a good set bonus.. but what we are seeing is restrictive and the compoents ar esucky.
    these items do not allow for a true mix and match like greensteel. these are restrictive specific items that leaves few places to work good items into.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 09-17-2015 at 02:56 PM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

2014 DDO Players Council

Regarding the orb, Epic Increased Potential:

You just introduced Quality Spell Focus +1 last update, as bound-to-character raid loot. (See Gauntlets of the Arcane Soldier.)

Now, the very next update, you're putting out Quality Spell Focus +2 with the same ML, on account-bound quest loot? Timers, schmimers, raids can't have any longevity when Turbine invalidates their own loot IMMEDIATELY.

Other than having a must-have higher stacking DC boost, though, it's rather meh.

I suggest dropping the Quality Spell Focus (possibly just down to +1, but preferably removing it completely), and adding Potency and a Red slot instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

The 5 piece +3 would actually make it almost wearable for me and nobody else. The main problem being that the stats and effects are all over the place. Most builds stack synergy for a single purpose: dps.

Here, I am giving up my exceptional seeker slot (bracers), my speed XV slot (boots), my seeker XII slot (necklace), my deadly X slot (rings), for some semblance of well rounded stats, of which most of those give more than 1 useful effect. I'm giving up way too much synergy for a random bundle of stats that don't synergize at all.

Ironically, the only person in DDO who could hypothetically benefit from this 5 piece +3 quality would be me as I play a Tank/DPS/Healer hybrid and I use stats that are all over the place. It is still pretty bad. For everyone else, this item set is very lacking even as a 5 piece set +3 quality.
    Reignbeautank - Argo Server.

If you have the Reignbeau character name on Argo server and want to trade it to me, please contact me.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Epic Locked and Load handwraps- Fire/kinetic/sonic Lores 18%, Insightful Potency+10
    ~must be a joke filler to annoy monks and casters....
    Lore x3, but no spell power...on a two-handed item. Who do they expect would ever use this? Yes, looks like a joke.

People punching stuff will have vastly better punching handwraps.

People casting can get 17% to ALL elements (or 22% to a single), plus 150 Spell Power of choice, plus +6 DC, plus TWICE as many Red slots, on a ONE-HANDER.

Yes, raid loot should be better than quest loot. But when it's THAT much better, the quest loot is pointless.

Heck, 18% isn't high enough even compared to random lootgen junk. 18% starts showing up at least as early as level 24, and 20% can come on ML 28 stuff. Not that upping the 18%s to 20% alone would be enough to save this item.

What about adding the 3 matching spell powers? Combustion 138, Impulse 138, Resonance 138? Plus upping the Lore from 18% to 20%. As something that uses both hands, maybe that's enough to be plausible. Or maybe still not enough, but it's a start.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

Item Build Comparisons

Before

(Arms) Epic Ethereal Bracers: Dexterity +11, Ghostly, Riposte IX, Deadly X, Speed XIV, Feather Falling, Blue Augment, Green Augment
    (Foot) Many-Hooked Greaves: Strength +12, Vertigo 12, Combat Mastery 5, Quality Vertigo 2, Green Augment, Yellow Augment
    (Neck) Pendant of Quiet Movement: Seeker +12, Dodge +11, Insightful Will +2, Lesser Displacement, Yellow Augment
    (Ring) Encrusted Ring: Strength +6, Exceptional Strength +1, Healing Amp +40
    (Ring) Strange Tidings: Dexterity +12, Deception VIII, Use Magical Device +7, Diversion 20%, Blue Augment Slot, Green Augment Slot
    (Other) Epic Litany: Profane Stats +2, Profane Attack +4, Profane Damage +4, Light Guard 10d6, Green Augment, Blue Augment
    (Cloak) Mysterious Cloak: Healing Amp 45, Magical Resistance +25, Green Augment, Colorless Augment
    (Hand) Iron Mitts: Strength +8, Healing Amplification +60, Vitality +40, Resistance +7, Colorless Augment
    (Head) Sightless: True Seeing, Deathblock 7, Ranged Power 6, Melee Power 6, Sheltering 35, Constitution 12, Green, Blue

(Body) ToEE Light Armor: Resistance +12, Acid Absorb 30%, Lesser Displacement, Fortification 150, Green Augment
    (Waist) Epic Chord of Reprisals: Charisma +11, Resonance +144, Perform +20, Soundproof, Roar, Sheltering +24, Green Augment, Blue Augment
    (Eyes) Green Steel Goggles: Hit Points +45

After

Epic Barbette's Bracer: Insight Strength +4, Accuracy +10, Greater Heroism, Blue, Green
    Epic Ship Kickers: Insight Dexterity +4, Riposte X, Yellow, Green
    Epic Lion's Mane: Insight False Life +20, Insight Constitution 4, Insight Natural Armor +5, Insight Fortitude +3, Green
    Epic Laurel Helix: Sheltering 24, Fortitude 120, Protection +10, Green
    Epic Ivy Helix: Enchantment save +6, Illusion save +6, Insightful Spell Save +6, Green Helix
    (Other)Epic Litany: Profane Stats +2, Profane Attack +4, Profane Damage +4, Light Guard 10d6, Green Augment, Blue Augment
    (Cloak) Mysterious Cloak: Healing Amp 45, Magical Resistance +25, Green Augment, Colorless Augment
    (Hand) Iron Mitts: Strength +8, Healing Amplification +60, Vitality +40, Resistance +7, Colorless Augment
    (Head) Sightless: True Seeing, Deathblock 7, Ranged Power 6, Melee Power 6, Sheltering 35, Constitution 12, Green, Blue

Shadowscale Plate: Deathblock, Fortification 130, Ghostly, Speed XV, Double Strike 3%, Blue
    Belt of Braided Beads: Displacement, Intelligence +12, Spell Resistance 35, Acid Resist 40, Cold Resist 40, Blue, Green
    Deadly 10 Goggles of Resistance 10

You will notice that there are certain items that I MUST wear under any circumstances. These are healing amp items, litany, and sightless. There is no choice in that matter because I won't be able to survive EE without stacking healing amp and maxed sheltering.

In order to make up for the other item stats that I lost, I have to swap to medium/heavy armor for the Speed XV, grab the belt for displacement, and un-named goggles for deadly X.

I lose out on:

Strength 12
    Seeker 12
    Dodge 11
    Healing Amp 40
    Resistance 12
    Dexterity 12
    Deception VIII
    Fortification 150
    Charisma 11
    Green Steel HP 45

After accounting for quality bonus, by using this set, I suffer a net loss of:

20% fortification
    40% healing amp
    12 Seeker
    Deception VIII
    11 Dodge

This amounts to a loss of ~20% combat effectiveness overall due to having to stop and heal that much more on my Tank.
    For a non-tank, this loss of survivability and damage translates to a catastrophic 30-40% loss of combat effectiveness.
    Last edited by Infiltraitor; 09-17-2015 at 04:46 PM.

If you have the Reignbeau character name on Argo server and want to trade it to me, please contact me.

17. 09-17-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Infiltraitor View Post
    Item Build Comparisons

Before

(Arms) Epic Ethereal Bracers: Dexterity +11, Ghostly, Riposte IX, Deadly X, Speed XIV, Feather Falling, Blue Augment, Green Augment
    (Foot) Many-Hooked Greaves: Strength +12, Vertigo 12, Combat Mastery 5, Quality Vertigo 2, Green Augment, Yellow Augment
    (Neck) Pendant of Quiet Movement: Seeker +12, Dodge +11, Insightful Will +2, Lesser Displacement, Yellow Augment
    (Ring) Encrusted Ring: Strength +6, Exceptional Strength +1, Healing Amp +40
    (Ring) Strange Tidings: Dexterity +12, Deception VIII, Use Magical Device +7, Diversion 20%, Blue Augment Slot, Green Augment Slot
    (Other) Epic Litany: Profane Stats +2, Profane Attack +4, Profane Damage +4, Light Guard 10d6, Green Augment, Blue Augment

(Body) ToEE Light Armor: Resistance +12, Acid Absorb 30%, Lesser Displacement, Fortification 150, Green Augment
    (Waist) Epic Chord of Reprisals: Charisma +11, Resonance +144, Perform +20, Soundproof, Roar, Sheltering +24, Green Augment, Blue Augment
    (Eyes) Green Steel Goggles: Hit Points +45

After

Epic Barbette's Bracer: Insight Strength +4, Accuracy +10, Greater Heroism, Blue, Green
    Epic Ship Kickers: Insight Dexterity +4, Riposte X, Yellow, Green
    Epic Lion's Mane: Insight False Life +20, Insight Constitution 4, Insight Natural Armor +5, Insight Fortitude +3, Green
    Epic Laurel Helix: Sheltering 24, Fortitude 120, Protection +10, Green
    Epic Ivy Helix: Enchantment save +6, Illusion save +6, Insightful Spell Save +6, Green Helix
    (Other)Epic Litany: Profane Stats +2, Profane Attack +4, Profane Damage +4, Light Guard 10d6, Green Augment, Blue Augment

Shadowscale Plate: Deathblock, Fortification 130, Ghostly, Speed XV, Double Strike 3%, Blue
    Belt of Braided Beads: Displacement, Intelligence +12, Spell Resistance 35, Acid Resist 40, Cold Resist 40, Blue, Green
    Deadly 10 Goggles of Resistance 10

You will notice that there are certain items that I MUST wear under any circumstances. These are healing amp items, litany, and sightless. There is no choice in that matter because I won't be able to survive EE without stacking healing amp and maxed sheltering.

In order to make up for the other item stats that I lost, I have to swap to medium/heavy armor for the Speed XV, grab the belt for displacement, and un-named goggles for deadly X.

I lose out on:

Strength 12
    Seeker 12
    Dodge 11
    Healing Amp 40
    Resistance 12
    Dexterity 12
    Deception VIII
    Fortification 150
    Charisma 11
    Green Steel HP 45

After accounting for quality bonus, by using this set, I suffer a net loss of:

20% fortification
    40% healing amp
    12 Seeker
    Deception VIII
    11 Dodge

This amounts to a loss of ~20% combat effectiveness overall due to having to stop and heal that much more on my Tank.
    For a non-tank, this loss of survivability and damage translates to a catastrophic 30-40% loss of combat effectiveness.
    It's nice to see this kind of a break-down. I think they'll still "tl;dr" it, but at least the information is available to them should they choose to make use of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    Description: The arcane archer PrE seems to be designed to work only with bows. However, it is possible to attach its effects to other weapons with much greater rate of fire like shurikens (or crossbows).
    Bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Infiltraitor View Post
    While this is nice, who cares? Is there some RULE that every update must bring out the Latest Greatest Gear for Every Possible Build? I don't recall reading that rule. If this gear set is suboptimal for you, don't switch to it. Like most stuff, some of it looks interesting, other stuff myeh. It could stand to have more interest added to it, sure, but "catastrophic"? No.

Heck, almost all of my characters are using gear from 10+ updates ago. I have some that wear random enchant gear! (Which, weirdly, was harder to get than most of my named items.) And I run eE just dandy. Heck, I got lazy last eTR and didn't upgrade my gear from my level 20 stuff until I hit 25. And I was running wildly over-leveled stuff with my guildies to do sagas and so forth.
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    It's nice to see this kind of a break-down. I think they'll still "tl;dr" it, but at least the information is available to them should they choose to make use of it.
    My issue is not that it is weaker than raid loot. It most certainly should be weaker than raid loot.

10% - 15% is good. But to be 20-40% weaker than the alternative is not acceptable.

In doing so, the Devs have spent time and money on developing items that will have no effect on gameplay and hazardous effects on their profit margin. When Warner Brother's comes by with their quarterly statements, the overlords will not be happy.

The +4 Insightful stat seems nice at first, but it comes at the cost of a Deadly +11.

What we want to aim for is level 28 quest loot to be 15% weaker than raid loot or serve a completely different niche purpose. The smart option is to make this a niche item set, rather than yet another DPS path.

What is it supposed to be?

I could squeeze out an extra DC on my necro spells with the +2 quality intelligence, but this set gives nothing by way of spell points nor focus nor anything remotely related to casting.

In my previous post, I outlined the set's worth as a DPS set.

Therefore, the best thing is to aim for the -15% mark. This can be accomplished with just a few slight additions to the items.

Deadly IX
    Dodge 10
    30% Equipment bonus to Healing Amp

This makes the set usable as a 5 piece +3 quality set. Each of those 3 effects are weaker than available alternatives, but sufficient to raise the power of the set to ~10-15% weaker than existing loot.
    Last edited by Infiltraitor; 09-17-2015 at 10:01 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast