Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Relenthe View Post
    mind breaking down how you get 200 mp? I only get 150ish with 10 blitz stacks (can't remember exactly). I am missing the toee set for another 20, I have a +4 mythic khopesh from demon assault so that blances out, and I'm missing 2 mp from using khopesh proficiency instead of another weapon focus. Even after all that I'm still over 30 away from 200 so I must be missing something important.
    Here's the theoretical maximum MP:
    20 ToEE set
    6 gtwf
    6 weapon focus feats
    24 epic levels
    18 LD core
    10 greater rage
    30 frenzied berserker (25 cores, 5 raging blows)
    70 blitz
    6 Sightless
    10 laughter
    12 cracking attack (requires the attack itself to proc 4 times - mainhand, offhand, doublestrike, offhand doublestrike, each stack adds 3 MP)
    5 cruel cut
    30 action boost
    4 ToEE weapon upgrade
    2 MP Tomes
    3 U27 Trinket
    3 U27 Gloves
    ... (not sure if there are more U27 gearpieces that provide MP beside gloves and trinket, that's the ones I've seen it on so far)
    7 harper tree (laughter + dismember is 23 points, berserker capstone is 41, so there's max. 16 AP to put into into harper)
    33 ToEE mythic altar (only works in ToEE)
    ---

Obviously this theoretical maximum would be far from an ideal gearset and enhancement spec.

This was my record before U27, can be easily beaten now:
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Here's the theoretical maximum MP:
    20 ToEE set
    6 gtwf
    6 weapon focus feats
    24 epic levels
    18 LD core
    10 greater rage
    30 frenzied berserker (25 cores, 5 raging blows)
    70 blitz
    6 Sightless
    10 laughter
    12 cracking attack (requires the attack itself to proc 4 times - mainhand, offhand, doublestrike, offhand doublestrike, each stack adds 3 MP)
    5 cruel cut
    30 action boost
    4 ToEE weapon upgrade
    2 MP Tomes
    3 U27 Trinket
    3 U27 Gloves
    ... (not sure if there are more U27 gearpieces that provide MP beside gloves and trinket, that's the ones I've seen it on so far)
    7 harper tree (laughter + dismember is 23 points, berserker capstone is 41, so there's max. 16 AP to put into into harper)
    33 ToEE mythic altar (only works in ToEE)
    ---

Obviously this theoretical maximum would be far from an ideal gearset and enhancement spec.

This was my record before U27, can be easily beaten now:
    Yay breakdown! Helps me with my build. Granted I have a max of 155 (rogue monk) but its still good to know.
    Nightmanis De'Corenai 20 Rogue Mechanic or Assassin. Depending on how I feel during the etr.
    Sereine De'Corenai Paladin. Because ETR.

Guild of Won, Officer
    Fors Fortis, Officer

Hate to twist your mind, but God ain't on your side

mp breakdown
    Confirmed yesterday that the ToEE weapon bonus stacks with a second ToEE weapon bonus.
    Brings it to 303.

4. 08-11-2015, 08:13 AM

Updated the thread. Added Golems Heart in the 'augment' section since its god like. Added Sanctified Gages in the 'Notes' section for added dps if you wish to swap. I chose not to include the claw set since moving things around would probably be a loss of dps compared to the gages anyways. Also who wants to farm seals and shards? I sure don't

Besides that I think the OP will remain the way it is until Update 28. Thanks everyone for the help~

Community Member the_one_dwarfforged's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    Added Sanctified Gages in the 'Notes' section for added dps if you wish to swap. I chose not to include the claw set since moving things around would probably be a loss of dps compared to the gages anyways.
    i think claw set bonus dmg gets added to base dmg and so gets scaled with mp?
    You are but a lamb, ignorant of your own ignorance. You no longer interest me.

Quote Originally Posted by the_one_dwarfforged View Post
    Claw set is the way to go if you go for max DPS.

With the gear layout presented in the OP I would actually go for the claw set, the trade-off is minimal.
    Swap mysterious bracers to the cloak slot and all you trade is 20 HP and 5 seeker for 4 base damage.

And yes, base damage is extremely valuable with the crazy amount of MP barbs get.

For a typical crit. profile of 15-18 x3, 19-20 x6 one point of base damage is 1.85 damage per hit before MP.
    So after MP that's typically around 5+ damage per hit.
    Last edited by Eth; 08-13-2015 at 05:25 AM.

With the gear layout presented in the OP I would actually go for the claw set, the trade-off is minimal.
    Swap mysterious bracers to the cloak slot and all you trade is 20 HP and 5 seeker for 4 base damage.

And yes, base damage is extremely valuable with the crazy amount of MP barbs get.

For a typical crit. profile of 15-18 x3, 19-20 x6 one point of base damage is 1.85 damage per hit before MP.
    So after MP that's typically around 5+ damage per hit.
    You could run the build with the wolf cloak still and see how well it works out. You might find that you don't need that much healamp. However, I don't rum a barb so I don't know how well it works out.
    Nightmanis De'Corenai 20 Rogue Mechanic or Assassin. Depending on how I feel during the etr.

Guild of Won, Officer
    Fors Fortis, Officer

Once again I made another mistake lol. For some reason I thought I was forced to re slot the Mysterious Bracers to the Mysterious Clock. Thus removing the +5 exceptional crit. So I assumed it would be lower dps compared to the gages. Ill put the claw set into the OP.
    Last edited by Rogann; 08-13-2015 at 06:55 PM.

After playing around with the claw set and mysterious bracer's I would have to say I prefer the Claw set. The trade off isn't too bad.

MYSTERIOUS BRACERS
    • +7.88% Reduction (MRR)
    • [Unbuffed]+9 hp random chance proc, +17 hp on kills compared to Claw Set (Blood Strength, 91 MP)
    • [10 stack blitz] +11 hp random chance proc, +23 hp on kills compared to Claw Set (Blood Strength, 161 MP)

CLAW SET
    • [Unbuffed]+15 damage non crit, +46 damage on 13-18 crits, +90 damage on 19-20 crits (assuming 91 MP)
    • [10 stack blitz]+20 damage non crit, +60 damage on 13-18, +120 damage on 19-20 crits (assuming 161 MP)

The extra healing is pretty minimal to justify it over the Claw Set imo. Updating the OP.

On a side note. What do you guys think about using Encrusted Ring/Knost's Belt over Battlerager's Harness?

Epic Quiver of Alacrity already gives 8% doublestrike (for now ). So +4% doublestrike seems minimal considering you're cleaving 90% of the time (doublestrike doesn't proc on cleaves). Encrusted Ring/Knost's Belt gives about 12 damage a swing on non crits which beats out 'spiked' from Battlerager's Harness. Or am I missing something?

On a side note. What do you guys think about using Encrusted Ring/Knost's Belt over Battlerager's Harness?

Epic Quiver of Alacrity already gives 8% doublestrike (for now ). So +4% doublestrike seems minimal considering you're cleaving 90% of the time (doublestrike doesn't proc on cleaves). Encrusted Ring/Knost's Belt gives about 12 damage a swing on non crits which beats out 'spiked' from Battlerager's Harness. Or am I missing something?
    Did some math in yeela's thread on that topic:
    Your crit. profile is 15-18 x3, 19-20 x6.
    Let's say you do 20 attacks and roll each die once.

For a single point of extra damage you do:
    1 miss, 13 x 1 damage, 4 x 3 damage, 2 x 6 damage. That's 37 damage total or 1.85 damage per hit.
    This will also get multiplied by your melee power, which should be around 177 with the new set bonus. I'll also add the 20 from the damage boost, although that is still counted as 20%, not actual melee power. So 197 MP.
    That means your 1.85 damage gets multiplied by 2.97. That's 5.4945 damage per hit.

So 3 extra damage would add 16.4835 damage per hit.
    Note that +2 Str doesn't really add 1 damage per swing, since you only get 0.5 damage mod for your offhand, but I'll ignore that for the sake of keeping things simple.

Now let's do 100 attack animations.
    I'll assume you have 22% doublestrike and 10% offhand doublestrike.
    1 attack animation can proc: 100% mainhand, 80% offhand, 22% extra mainhand, 10% extra offhand
    100 x 1 = 100
    100 x 0.8 = 80
    100 x 0.22 = 22
    100 x 0.8 x 0.1 = 8
    ---
    total: 210 (5% will be misses, so that leaves 199.5 hits)

That means in 100 attack animations the 3 damage will add a total of 199.5 x 16.4835 = 3288.45825 damage.

Now let's add 4% doublestrike:
    100 x 1 = 100
    100 x 0.8 = 80
    100 x 0.26 = 26
    100 x 0.8 x 0.1 = 8
    ---
    total: 214 (5% misses, 203.3 hits total)

So now you know you gained 3.8 extra hits.

The only question left is can you do more damage in 3.8 hits than 3288.45825 damage.
    That's 865.38375 damage per hit.
    In your video your barb is doing about 70 actual hits (haven't examined it closely, but that's about right). Assuming brunt has 100k HP that's around 1430 damage per hit.

So yes the 4% DS would win here.

Also keep in mind the belt adds 3.5 damage per hit from the spiked proc on top of that.
    For THF YMMV.
    Last edited by Eth; 08-19-2015 at 01:26 AM.

For THF YMMV.
    Yea for THF and cleaving non stop I would have to side with ToD set.

Yea for THF and cleaving non stop I would have to side with ToD set.
    dstrike is way more appealing for thf than twf, despite cleaves.

the reason is that, sure cleaves dont proc dstrike, but im assuming youre going to have haste boost, and if you are thf and there is 1 enemy and its a red name and you need to kill it now, the ebst thing to do is double boost and twitch. cleaves + haste boost = bad. so, dstrike is a lot better there. sure a little bit extra dmg is nice for the cleaves, but you wont notice it and trash dps isnt as important.

honestly, if i was to take the flat dmg bonus on any build itd be twf, because its more effective on that kind of build while dstrike is more effective on thf. the only reason the dstrike pretty much always wins here is because 4% more mainhand hits is just a lot bigger number than +3 dmg per hit.
    Last edited by the_one_dwarfforged; 08-20-2015 at 02:31 AM.

In any case... the 12% DS is a buff that lasts 45 seconds and is not reapplied before running out.
    If you really want, you could have both.

...now if the game wasn't so laggy and item swapping would still be fun...(swapping may still lose you DPS).

In any case... the 12% DS is a buff that lasts 45 seconds and is not reapplied before running out.
    If you really want, you could have both.

...now if the game wasn't so laggy and item swapping would still be fun...(swapping may still lose you DPS).
    i dont find item swapping to cause much/any lag unless umd or other sweeping stat changes are involved, and i dont get much lag with that either.

also if you have quickdraw (which i cannot live without) and swap at smart times, itd never cost you dps. and thats a really good point, btw. though idk if i would find the micromanagement worth the dps gain...

i dont find item swapping to cause much/any lag unless umd or other sweeping stat changes are involved, and i dont get much lag with that either.

also if you have quickdraw (which i cannot live without) and swap at smart times, itd never cost you dps. and thats a really good point, btw. though idk if i would find the micromanagement worth the dps gain...
    Well you haven't seen my barbarian lag machine in action then
    But there's hope, todays update announced a fix for that, so I may consider that option actually.

And thumbs up for the quick draw love. One of the most underrated feats in my opinion. It's not only action boost activation.
    I swap between reinvigoration+toee, mortal fear+toee and double mortal fear sets all the time in combat. It also saves you activation time on many barbarian abilities like frenzy and death frenzy, uncanny dodge and storm's eye, which you actually often have to refresh during combat.
    Must have feat for me.
    Last edited by Eth; 08-20-2015 at 02:48 PM.

dstrike is way more appealing for thf than twf, despite cleaves.

the reason is that, sure cleaves dont proc dstrike, but im assuming youre going to have haste boost, and if you are thf and there is 1 enemy and its a red name and you need to kill it now, the ebst thing to do is double boost and twitch. cleaves + haste boost = bad. so, dstrike is a lot better there. sure a little bit extra dmg is nice for the cleaves, but you wont notice it and trash dps isnt as important.

honestly, if i was to take the flat dmg bonus on any build itd be twf, because its more effective on that kind of build while dstrike is more effective on thf. the only reason the dstrike pretty much always wins here is because 4% more mainhand hits is just a lot bigger number than +3 dmg per hit.
    I personally don't use Haste Boost and Cleave non top on bosses. For this reason I put the ToD set in the OP. I made sure to include Battlerager's Harness in the 'notes' section.

I updated the OP and removed most of the useless stuff from the 'notes' section like items swaps that were sub-par.

I personally don't use Haste Boost
    reroll

reroll

I can't imagine not using haste boost....

Guild of Won, Officer
    Fors Fortis, Officer

After caving in to peer pressure I re rolled, gaining Haste Boost. I promptly fixed the OP to be more awesome and stuff.
    Last edited by Rogann; 08-27-2015 at 02:00 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast