Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lamannia U27 part 2 is now open!

Howdy folks!

I've opened up Lamannia now with another update.

In this particular update, the Raid is now unlocked. Feel free to check it out throughout the day!

Tonight, The raid's designer No_Worries will be online with me from 8pm to 10pm Eastern (UTC-4) to observe raids, answer questions and possibly even join up in a raid or two. Stop on by and give him your feedback tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    Howdy folks!

I've opened up Lamannia now with another update.

In this particular update, the Raid is now unlocked. Feel free to check it out throughout the day!

Tonight, The raid's designer No_Worries will be online with me from 8pm to 10pm Eastern (UTC-4) to observe raids, answer questions and possibly even join up in a raid or two. Stop on by and give him your feedback tonight!
    Release notes?

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

3. 07-16-2015, 10:21 AM

Here's a list of some of release notes that I've gathered until the official ones get updated.

Release notes:
    • The new raid, Defiler of the Just, is available.
    • Monsters in all 3 quests and the Raid have had a balance pass and hopefully leveled up.
    • We've temporarily turned on Crafting from the Crafting Storage.
      • It is now possible to craft remotely from your Shared Bank: Crafting Storage supply. Eldritch devices and Barter UI NPCs will now automatically search your Crafting Storage for recipe ingredients. (Note that this excludes Stones of Change)

• Item Updates:
      • Five more items for the U27 Raid have been created.
      • The Test Dojo cabinet now contains all U27 items that are in the current build.
      • Heroic U27 items that had +5 bonuses to individual saves have been bumped to +8
      • The U27 Khopesh and Greataxe have had their material type changed to Flametouched Iron
      • Heroic U27 items that had +5 to Ability Scores have been bumped to +6
      • Resonation and the Lantern Ring no longer replace each other's bonuses
      • The U27 Buckler is no longer a Small Shield
      • The Epic Shield of Tireless Aid is now properly made of Densewood

Known Issues:
    • There is a Bravery Marshal in the Hall of Heroes and guild airships who will offer to pause your Bravery Bonus. He does not work correctly in this Lamannia build.
    • During the end fight of the Raid, there are several AoE attacks that do not properly deal damage.

Future notes:
    We've also gone in and expanded the text of the Shavarath Environmental Effects. This isn't seen in this current Lamannia pass, but will be updated in the future.

• Updated the text of the "Shavarath Environmental Effects" to reflect what bonuses have always been given in Shavarath to both player characters and monsters:

"The plane of Shavarath inspires great heroism, while impeding fear effects and most compulsions or charms.

+4 Morale bonus to Attack
    +4 Morale bonus to all skills
    +4 Morale bonus to Saving Throws
    +4 Enhancement bonus to Will saves vs. Fear
    +4 Enhancement bonus to Will saves vs. Enchantments"

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    [*]Monsters in all 3 quests and the Raid have had a balance pass and hopefully leveled up.
    Did this balance pass include lowering the saves enough so that us mere maxed out completionist epic completionist mortals clothed in raid gear can actually can obtain the DCs to hit them?
    Member of Storm Lords on Thelanis.
    Portalcat (Completionist, Epic Completionist), Catwithnuke, Catwithaxe

Quote Originally Posted by Portalcat View Post
    Did this balance pass include lowering the saves enough so that us mere maxed out completionist epic completionist mortals clothed in raid gear can actually can obtain the DCs to hit them?
    I hope so.
    Triple Heroic & Epic completionist. Eroic : 42/42 - Epic : 36/36 - Iconic : 12/12.

Any chance for Warlock fixes? Spiritual Retribution's still bugged.
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Community Member

Did the Raid on EE twice now. First time it was with 6 players(All very well equiped etc) and we didnt really know what was happening, it was a bit easy for EE. We completed in around 20 min.
    I heard that the damage wasnt scaled proberly yet?

The part where you had to rescue the archons wasnt nice(Was harder then the end fight).

The endfight was a bit dissapointing. Didnt seem to have a proper boss. Just a big wyrm and some fallen archons? Also some of the effects didnt do anything yet(Some yellow light not doing anything).

A nice tough boss in addition to the stuff thats allready there would be good I think.

Would be nice if it was more challenging. Compared to Mod EE, this was a cakewalk.

Hopefully when everything is working as intended and the mobs do their intended damage, it will be tougher.

Community Member

LOLz
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Default U27 Raid feedback: epic normal

Just finished the raid and here is some feedback. I was playing on a level 28 Pure Barbarian (60'ish prr / 60'ish mrr). Quest was completed on epic normal with 7 people.

*Blades on EN are hitting for anywhere between 400-650 (a bit too much imo even with using strategic paths thru blade lines)
    *I attribute 95% of all deaths to blades only
    *1st run the gate bugged out leading to the "Corrupted Archon" and we had to reset. We were not clear exactly what had advanced the quest- and the gate would not open
    *The 2nd run we counted how many archons we had revived and it advanced correctly at 7 (might have been 8)
    *At no time were we ever at risk of auto-failing
    *Beat the "Corrupted Archon" down in less then 30 secs - she put up no fight at all

Summary:
    Short.
    One party member summed it up perfectly:
    "Its like ToD but the raid is completed when you beat the Judge & Jailor"

I really am hoping this was a preview of a larger product and there is more to come......really hoping.
    "You're a Jedi, Harry"

- Gandelf

Community Member

I would like to be positive but this raid feels like its only 20% done. it would be a great pt 1 of a much longer and more intricate real raid.

I would ask, if we're determined not to go back to the drawing board, is there a relatively easy way to make what we have really interesting or challenging or fun? maybe once it gets harder that will help a little but I still think its missing a lot.

I'm going to remain optimistic until it goes live.

Don't really wanna spoil the quests, just looked at new items and spent few minutes in Trial of the archons.

77 Necro/ 68 Enchant. Couldn't land single spell, neither Mass Hold + Hypno, nor Enervation + Finger and such.
    Those are pretty uber DCs by all standards and I can't kill single trash dretch.
    Cleric , fvs or sorc have even lower DCs than that.

DC casting is unplayable in the new content in its current state.

Shahang (hjealme), Wipekin (kotc), Nezhat (barbie) Ghallanda/Devourer

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wipey View Post
    Don't really wanna spoil the quests, just looked at new items and spent few minutes in Trial of the archons.

77 Necro/ 68 Enchant. Couldn't land single spell, neither Mass Hold + Hypno, nor Enervation + Finger and such.
    Those are pretty uber DCs by all standards and I can't kill single trash dretch.

Dude I can't land spells with an Eighty-one enchant dc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wipey View Post

Just played around a bit, and no amount of Ennervation + Power Drain allowed me to land a single FoD in 10 minutes of trying.

Every single mob I've tried thus far saves 100% of the time. I eventually kill them instead by the direct damage of FoD in combination with negleveling after a number of tries.
    Member of Storm Lords on Thelanis.
    Portalcat (Completionist, Epic Completionist), Catwithnuke, Catwithaxe

Community Member

Just played around a bit, and no amount of Ennervation + Power Drain allowed me to land a single FoD in 10 minutes of trying.

Every single mob I've tried thus far saves 100% of the time. I eventually kill them instead by the direct damage of FoD in combination with negleveling after a number of tries.
    *** is up with this devs? Is this intended or bugged, tell us so I can know if I even want to bother playing a caster any more.

And not that the FOD matters at all in the raid, EVERYTHING is orange, it's like hell meets the Jersey Shore.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Community Member

I redid my bard to make her evocation focused instead of enchant, at 76 evocation I was unable to land soundburst or greater shout.

Community Member

ToEE all over again.

Devs: it's fine.
    Everyone who plays the game: broken as **** ...

To be fair, Amrath when the cap was 20 was also a hellish place to land anything DC-based. All good saves from the Outsider type, plus the +4 saves from environmental effect was harsh for DC-casters. They just didn't died at that time because there was other endgame content where their CC was useful, like Shroud, Refuge, and Subterrane raids.

Also, everyone loved a good Rage/Haste/Displacement bot (Displacement at the time could be cast on party members)

It is like giants in Gianthold having godlike Fortitude. That is par for the course.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

I didn't have much time today so I just ran everything on normal. The first quest in the flagging was well, annoying really. I'm not a fan of jumping, and the tiny button on the wall took me forever to figure out. The next two quest were fine.

Jumped in the raid with another random guy had no idea what we were doing. Died once to the blades wasn't expecting them to hit that hard on normal. Seemed far to easy for duo even on normal. There was four mobs around two balistas that they didn't use. Not sure if they are just decoration or not. The blade room was interesting and fun. As soon as we went into the next room two executioners were about to kill an archon so was easy to figure out what to do. After running around a bit to check stuff out I stayed down to save archons he went up to kill waves. At the start light would show up around an archon and two executioners would spawn near by. Kill the executioners save the archon makes sense anyway, but as the fight went on the archons began to fall and the excecutioners wouldn't spawn till the archon died. I don't know if that was a bug or intentional to auto kill a few archons. Again later in the fight it went back to normal. We got some sort of message not sure what it said, but the just was go kill the boss now. This is where we failed. We went to the boss room but the waves kept spawning. Not sure if that is intentional or a bug. Maybe meant to leave one or two guys outside to kill waves? The boss fight was a cake walk the blades were the only thing in the room doing any damage to us, geussing that will be tuned up.
    The only way to predict the future, is to create it!

Community Member

Is there a Heroic version of the raid, or Epic only?

Community Member

Mature playthrough and commentary you have been warned.

6 First Timers,1 first life cleric and a piker Dev that got ninja invited

Even with Champs we had no issue at all and the deaths were silly and product of heavy drinking.

Yeah most of them are the same guys that hold the EE MoD record but still go in blind and SHADE CRUSHHHH IT! not really cool.

The completion time was actually 6 minutes shorter since we waited for people inside.

If you haven`t died other people`s deaths dont appear in your xp report (workaround for flawless bonus).

There was a mix up with the recording and we are missing the Blade room part but meh we won`t spoil it for you.
    Ghallanda,Ghallanda,Ghallanda is on fire
    Ghallanda,Ghallanda,Ghallanda is on fire
    We don't need no water let the crappy server burn
    Burn crappy server burn!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast