Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default The Risia Ice Games and Midwinter Festival are here!

The Risia Ice Games and Midwinter Festival are now available in-game! Click here for our guide to the event. Runs now through February 15th.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Self-Appointed Coin Lord of the Seas ForgettableNPC's Avatar

I found a location that teleports you back up to the top of the ski jump, is this intentional?
    Just a random, forgettable NPC doing things an NPC does
    Things that NPCs do include, but are not limited to:

Having a gold goblet over my head to indicate availability of a quest
    Having a catchphrase that never really catches on
    Having various rewards that are generally not worth the trouble
    Wandering around randomly
    Giving out obvious information if it wasn't obvious enough
    Repeating the same lines over and over again
    Repeating the same lines over and over again

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The Risia Ice Games and Midwinter Festival are now available in-game! Click here for our guide to the event. Runs now through February 15th.
    Great - was waiting for that!

It seems the event recipes do not support cosmetic armour yet, that is created by mirror of glimmering. Do we have a chance to see that before the event is over?
    Cannith:Thaluvriel - my second toon in DDO and the one I'll play at least until she's the perfect assassin.

Community Member

So we have to deal with the excessive lag til February 15th?

I usually have zero lag but went on today and was lagging like crazy, then noticed Risia festival was back. Makes it much less enjoyable to play rubberbanding and freezing a lot.

Anyway to ease the lag?
    Gamblorjb (heroic TR 29 of ??) (iconic 12 of 12) (epic 15 of ??) -- Vandric -- Zorionx -- Smokeurarse

Proud member of Ministry of Destruction on Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by ForgettableNPC View Post
    I found a location that teleports you back up to the top of the ski jump, is this intentional?
    I've been using this super secret Loki teleport for years, years I tell you! (not so secret now...)

Is this in lieu of Bonus Days or is there also a Bonus Days bonus coming?

Quote Originally Posted by arminius View Post
    Is this in lieu of Bonus Days or is there also a Bonus Days bonus coming?
    events are now considered the bonus days.

Okay I was trying to skate on the eveningstar river, the ice is not frozen yet. I glitched taught it 7 times, 5 of them in and out of it. Swimming under ice, and holding space bar, while watching blue strobe lights on screen is not a thing anyone wants to do. Please revert to old ice coding, it worked last time.

Like seriously ewryone is getting stuck, or glitching through the map there.

Should I make video for it, or you (and other people ) can test this? Too many bugged spots, for me to bug report. Most ramps going up go straight into water. Some snow piles leave you stuck in them. I would go around getting loc data, but its kinda hard to do on ice, or underwater, and frankly I got better things to do, than test tings turbine break.
    Last edited by Wh070aa; 01-22-2015 at 02:48 PM.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Wh070aa View Post
    Okay I was trying to skate on the eveningstar river, the ice is not frozen yet. I glitched taught it 7 times, 5 of them in and out of it. Swimming under ice, and holding space bar, while watching blue strobe lights on screen is not a thing anyone wants to do. Please revert to old ice coding, it worked last time.

Like seriously ewryone is getting stuck, or glitching taught the map there.

Should I make video for it, or you (and other people ) can test this? Too many bugged spots, for me to bug report. Most ramps going up go straight into water. Some snow piles leave you stuck in them. I would go around getting loc data, but its kinda hard to do on ice, or underwater, and frankly I got better things to do, than test tings turbine break.
    This is probably related to you being in Eveningstar when the event became active. If you exit out of Eveningstar, wait five minutes, then come back in, you should be fine.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 01-22-2015 at 01:13 PM. Reason: clarified wait time
    Join us on Twitch!

Default Celebratory Dance & Jumping Tips

It's here! It's here! I love Risia festival, can't you tell? LOL. For the next month I will be mainly logged in as my sorceress Risian Sparrow on Sarlona. Need buffs or tips? Just ask in game!

Some jumping tips to get to the purple coin:

Special tips:
    * Realize you can use the WASD keys mid-air.
    * Always hit half-pipes approximately 1/2 way on the downslope and jump from them 1/2 to 2/3 of the way on the upslope.

Step-by-Step:
    1. Remove Feather Fall
    2. Use Ice Skates so you travel smoothly and rapidly across the ice instead of with too much drag or landing on your back
    3. Use a Phiarlan Pendant of Time if you have one. Some may find ship buff/haste sufficient, but the Pendant is one click and done until you're done jumping and is 50% speed instead of 40%
    4. Get jump and/or greater heroism items/buffs as needed. Ideal jump skill appears to be lower to mid-30s.
    5. Start atop the ski ramp on the right edge, cross diagonally to the lower left aiming toward the red pennant.
    6. Leap from the bottom, aiming toward the red pennant flag until about halfway there, turn slightly to the right, land on the first half-pipe.
    7. Fly to the Lighthouse Platform, aiming for the rear corner but do not overshoot! Those air currents can be tricky if you are flying high, so turn and WASD midair as needed to remain over the platform.
    8. Take a breath in that rear corner to focus or to chat among some friendly folk that Risia usually brings out
    9. Slide toward/down the half-pipe, jumping about 1/2-2/3 way up the upslope.
    10. Land about halfway down the downslope of the final pipe, then leap 1/2-2/3 up the upslope.
    11. If you hit all 3 coins there, great. If you must choose because you are flying too high/low then remember that the purple coin has the most value. Use your WASD keys as needed (S slows you down mid-air)
    12. Realize this might take some practice, but is quite achievable with the right balance of equipment/buffs/practice.

Most of all, have fun!
    Last edited by Tevasama; 01-22-2015 at 01:56 PM.
    Are you a deadhead or a hippie looking for a guild on Sarlona? "Sunshine Daydream" might be the fit for you! Send a message in-game to Akateva or Kaibeth for information or an invite. The fine print: roleplaying encouraged but not required in guild chat; LGBT-friendly; flower-sniffing playstyle (zerging discouraged outside favor runs).

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    events are now considered the bonus days.
    ...but this is live for FOUR weekends! Surely they jest?
    Last edited by Karadon_II; 01-22-2015 at 12:51 PM.
    Karadon: Paladin [5] Mar - Jul 2006 - Aureon [EU] --- Paladin [20] Feb 2010 - June 2012 - Orien --- Paladin [21] June 2012 - July 2013 - Orien [TR1] --- Paladin [20] July 2013 - Present - Orien [TR2]
    Yes this is correct, I played Paladins, even pure Paladins before Update 23!!!

Community Manager

We will have other bonuses through this event, but this weekend's event is the debut of the Risia Ice Games and Midwinter Festival.
    Join us on Twitch!

This is probably related to you being in Eveningstar when the event became active. If you exit out of Eveningstar then come back in, you should be fine.
    Went to market place. Logged out. Logged back in. I still am falling through the ice in many spots. 3 other people went through the ice, and fell in water with me.
    Last edited by Wh070aa; 01-22-2015 at 02:48 PM.

We will have other bonuses through this event, but this weekend's event is the debut of the Risia Ice Games and Midwinter Festival.
    No offense, but there's nothing bonus about an annual event that comes around. The bonus, at least for me, was always to have something else to do while the events went on - usually an xp bonus I could enjoy while others bogged down the harbor instances. This new concept of making annual events some kind of bonus feels very lazy to me.

Since the midwinter festival was launched we've been able to apply the Midwinter recipes to Cosmetic Helms, shields, and armors but the recipes are not working on glamoured cosmetics. Is this WAI? Kind of sucks not being able to spruce up the cool glamoured items we have now like we could the store bought cosmetics.
    Server: Orien
    Guild: Over Raided
    Toons: Phasma - Swashbuckler ; Ceroni - Acrobat ; Selina Air Savant ; Cachin - Artificer

Community Manager

Here is a coupon code for a free Midwinter Spirit Token, 2/Account: COLD23
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance777 View Post
    Since the midwinter festival was launched we've been able to apply the Midwinter recipes to Cosmetic Helms, shields, and armors but the recipes are not working on glamoured cosmetics. Is this WAI? Kind of sucks not being able to spruce up the cool glamoured items we have now like we could the store bought cosmetics.
    Glamours do no go into the helmet slot so no they will not apply. Look in your helmet slot and try that unless it is a named item.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard View Post
    Glamours do no go into the helmet slot so no they will not apply. Look in your helmet slot and try that unless it is a named item.
    I will try to explain the problem better.

Store bought cosmetic items count as non-named items for Midwinter Festival crafting. This allows players to put 1 of the following buffs on a cosmetic item, non stacking Glaciation (up to 120), stacking Fire Resist (up to 10), or stacking Cold Resist (up to 10). It has been this way since the ES midwinter festival was introduced and is one of the few reasons to run the event. The cosmetic armor/helm buff then applies to the character so long as the cosmetic item is worn. So you can wear a Fire resist 30 armor plus a midwinter fire resist 10 cosmetic armor and get 40 fire resist for example.

The problem is the midwinter crafting UI is rejecting cosmetic items made with the mirror of glamouring but still accepts store bought cosmetics. It even rejects glamoured items that are identical to store bought ones like the Phoenix robe.

Examples:

A Store bought Cosmetic armor like the limited Phoenix Robe store cosmetic can have Festival Cold or Fire Resist or Glaciation applied to it, whereas a Glamoured Phoenix Robe cosmetic can not as the trade in NPC UI rejects it.

It appears to be a problem with the turn in box reading glamoured items as the named items they are created from instead of the Cosmetic items they have become.

This may only effect cosmetics glamoured from named items. You might still be able to use the mirror of glamouring on a random gen +1 Full Plate and make it into a glamoured cosmetic. Then use the midwinter recipes on the glamoured cosmetic made from the random gen +1 full plate. I already spent too much TP on mirrors this week so not going to buy anymore to test it.
    Last edited by Vengeance777; 01-22-2015 at 03:14 PM.
    Server: Orien
    Guild: Over Raided
    Toons: Phasma - Swashbuckler ; Ceroni - Acrobat ; Selina Air Savant ; Cachin - Artificer

Each year I see Midwinter festival I dream of Icy bank:
    1) +20 BtC slots
    2) can be unlocked only during midwinter festival
    3) Icy bank is available even after Midwinter festival is over
    4) the items stay there even after TR (they don't go into TR cache)
    Loot Design, S/S/S system, TR Cache Button, The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

Community Member

Thumbs down

so for the bonus days you bring us more lag and more broken code. thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast