Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trapmaking

Is there any way to see what the enemy is rolling against your effects? I don't suppose it shows up in the combat log, does it. Since its not YOUR effect but rather the effect of a different entity not connected to your character.
    Wisdom is a liquor store. Tastes so sweet, just wait till you wake up in the morning.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    The actual DC formula is still unknown for certain. But based on his testing, nokowi concluded that it follows the same formula as elemental traps – 50/65/80/100% of your disable device skill depending on how many ranks you have in improved traps. That's the best info that anyone has been able to come up with about the actual DC. Regardless of what the actual formula is, magical traps are now very much viable and seem to be significantly improved by the improved traps enhancement.
    I just rejiggered my Assassin to put 8 points into Mechanic in order to get 3 levels and improved traps, and it's looking like the DC is based on disable device. It stinks that for some reason there's no way to see the DC, but I just ran 2 Chain 3 quests on EE and the webs were awfully sticky.

Community Member

After reading this thread I'm kinda tempted to roll up a rogue who is always sneaking and only uses traps/mines. No weapons. Ever. However, the amount of trap parts needed would be... mind boggling.

Traps have worked, even in EE, for quite a while now. The issue isn't the traps, their DC, or their relevance, its the community and how many people play to go toe to toe with mobs as quickly as possible. Traps are stationary, so while you are setting a few up, the rest of the party is plowing forward to meet the mobs which get taken out more quickly than it takes to utilize the traps. As such you will want to be playing with a party that pulls mobs back rather than rushes forward, or be soloing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Traps have worked, even in EE, for quite a while now. The issue isn't the traps, their DC, or their relevance, its the community and how many people play to go toe to toe with mobs as quickly as possible. Traps are stationary, so while you are setting a few up, the rest of the party is plowing forward to meet the mobs which get taken out more quickly than it takes to utilize the traps. As such you will want to be playing with a party that pulls mobs back rather than rushes forward, or be soloing.
    Or depending on the quest, you can sneak ahead and lay traps so that when the group gets to them, they'll trigger against the mobs. A lot of game knowledge is needed for this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12