Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default The Admiral’s Guide to Treasure Hoarding (Airships, Renoun, and Storage)

A vast ye mattey!

Here is a guide for all those pirates with bulging chests and the savvy that can go the distance for days on end. This is not just a guide about airships, but how to raise a fleet of treasure ships and darken the skies over Stormreach and beyond!

Why have more than one airship? I don’t know about you, but I have allot of booty and need space to park it. I keep my main character in the main guild as usual, but now have a fleet of treasure ships for my lootz.

The ships in the treasure fleet don’t need to go all the way to level 150. I’m content with getting most to level 19 for Guild Storage I (80 slots), but I have some level 50s in the mix. Level 50 will more than likely be my resting point for the treasure ships.

At level 10 its 50k plat for the base FTP ship. At level 19 you can get Guild Storage I for 150 AS. At level 50 you can get the Guild Storage II for 125 AS for a grand total of 160 slots. Along the journey to level 50 you can get a bigger FTP ship and the old small and large chests for the cargo hold. Here are the DDO wiki links for both the new and old amenties:

The old chests still have value. I park long term storage there. I don’t always keep the old chest buffs going and let them expire. At a later point should the need arise to get into the chest, I will plant another one in the cargo hold. All the loot that was in chest when it expired will still be in there once you put it back down. I really like how the new storage and ship buffs are permanent.

To put things into perspective I will build 6 treasure galleons. The maximum small guild bonus is set at 6 accounts. You get the biggest boost in renoun when a guild has 6 active accounts. The amount of characters per account in the guild does not matter, just active accounts.

Six ships with Guild Storage I yields 480 slots for storage. Level them to 50 and that’s 960 slots of storage. This does not count the old ship chests. Furthermore, you get allot of extra storage space with all those alt characters from their backpacks and banks.

For added value I bought more starter packs from the DDO Market on Black Friday for $2.50 each. I spent $10 for 4 packs grand total during the sale. The Starter Packs are $9.99 when not on sale. This allowed me to make my alt accounts premium, which bumped the avail character slots from 2 to 4, plus other goodies.

How do you access all the loot across ships, accounts, and toons? My main account has all the guild leaders for the treasure ships. I send stuff back forth via shared bank. Four of my accounts have shared banks. The shared bank is key and easy to get. The Starter pack comes with 250 TPs and with 1st time favor bonuses on each server it’s not hard to get the shared bank when it’s on sale.

Likewise a Guild Charter is 150 TPs. Three first time favor bonuses on different servers will get you a charter fast:

You can use the advice in this post without spending any RL money. It just takes longer. If you want to maximize the free in FTP, the web links above are worth reading and pondering.

If you’re savvy enough, a convoy of treasure ships can be obtained in game to store all kinds of items for the win!
    Last edited by Livmo; 12-23-2014 at 01:01 AM.

Treasure Hunter

Default How to Farm Renoun

I farm renoun in two ways.

First I like to queue up a bunch of sagas and turn them in. Or you can run 1-3 epic saga chains a night for comms/Heart Seeds and renoun. There are several popular circuits and some roads less traveled that are good for saga farming as well. Remember to use a guild renoun pot before turning in the sagas for even more renoun.

The second way is to farm quests. Farm quests at level or below. There are clusters of quests throughout the game that can be farmed fast for renoun as you level from level 1 to 28. For a level guide check out Crazyfruit’s thread, Best places to earn Guild Renown:

Use guild renoun pots and go for quests with fast completion times with many chests. You want fast completion ( 4 minutes or less) to get the most out of your pots, and more chests for more chance to loot renoun. Also don't forget quest turn in as well. Quest turn in is another great source of renoun.

Turn and burn on the completion. Ransack and move to next quest. Rinse and repeat once a week. I run without pots for the most part unless they are free. I get nice renoun from sagas as well, so I don't sweat the pots.

To maximize renoun use the small guild bonus, weekend bonus, renoun pot, and saga turn in.

Lastly, if you gain 3 guild levels or more in a day you will reach renoun ransack. However, you can ransack farming quests, and then turn in your sagas. You can still get the saga renoun while on ransack. Likewise, you also still get renoun from monster kills. When on renoun ransack the chests and end rewards lists don’t drop renoun until your ransack wears off.
    Last edited by Livmo; 12-22-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Treasure Hunter

Default Astral Shards

Well, how about those Astral Shards that you mention?

You have 3 ways to get Astral Shards in the game; buy them, make them on the Shard Exchange, or win them from a daily dice roll.

30 shards from the DDO Store costs 195 TPs. That is 4 first-time favor rewards of 50 TPs on 4 different servers if you're savvy.

To earn Astral Shards from the Shard Exchange you need to post items that sell. It costs 1 shard to post an item on the exchange. You get the shard back if your item does not sell. If you got 30 shards, then you can post 30 items. I always try to keep at least 1 shard on hand in case I got something nice to sell.

In turn, you can fund your ship amenities like Guild Storage I, Orien Express, and Farshifter with shards that you made off the exchange. I've always found EE GH items to be great sellers.

Hopefully lightening will strike twice:

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    Well, how about those Astral Shards that you mention?
    If you got 30 shards, then you can post 30 items

What about premium limits on auction posting?

These have been, espically the first post, some of the best info in the game ever.
    I never thought in a million years of linking guild chests to main account leaders, with shared bank. wow. just wow, very impressive.

Treasure Hunter

Default Ty!

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    What about premium limits on auction posting?

These have been, espically the first post, some of the best info in the game ever.
    I never thought in a million years of linking guild chests to main account leaders, with shared bank. wow. just wow, very impressive.
    Thank you!

Since I'm a hoarder I've never approached the upper limits of postings It's difficult to muster the courage to post 2-3 items at a one time! Still better than collecting cats in RL in my opinion : ) )

Basically it only takes one shard to post 1 item to begin collecting shards for the ships.

Also, since the drop rates increased with the last update, now would be a good time to farm EE ToR for helms to sell on the shard exchange to make shards for the ship amenities. Before prices start to decline as more people start selling helms.

Community Member

I don't understand? What more are the guild storage chests providing you that a bank character/account does not? Hoarders are actually asking for more BTC space which neither a bank character nor a guild chest provide.
    And honestly, it costs a lot more to get guilds and airships than just roll a new character. Am I missing something?

Btw, free players cannot post at the ASAH even if they have shards from rolls.
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

Treasure Hunter

Default Messy Room

Quote Originally Posted by Faltout View Post
    I don't understand? What more are the guild storage chests providing you that a bank character/account does not? Hoarders are actually asking for more BTC space which neither a bank character nor a guild chest provide.
    And honestly, it costs a lot more to get guilds and airships than just roll a new character. Am I missing something?

Btw, free players cannot post at the ASAH even if they have shards from rolls.
    Good point about the shards.

Check out this messy room below )

I like to have stuff on demand without allot of loggin'. You can interweave your accounts and shared banks to make it easy to find stuff and access. One ship is all consumables that all my accounts have access to. Basically I deposit consumables there and have lots of piles of 100 of potions, scrolls, etc. I can pick and choose what I need or want across accounts from a central place on the ship. Right across the hall is the Orien Express as well for more convieniance.

The messy ship below is my newest ship that I got right before Christmas. Whenever I make a new toon, TR one, or level it's like going shopping at the mall on each ship. Except I got 6 malls that I can shop at in my network. The Consumables ship is popular. I have one full of armor. The messy one here is loaded up with all the immediate relief that I got from another L19 ship. The loot below is from the toons I'm currently playing (arty, wizzy, bardholio, cleric, and a few mixtos).

I stopped making alts at 40. I have 40 alts. Ship storage is great, because almost all 40 are playable at all levels. The extra space helps my alts stay playable and not clogged with inventory. I hate to stop questing to sell. I play all these toons from time to time, and my levels and tastes change frequently. I like shopping.

I keep 2 backpack slots free on each alt for questing, role playing, raiding, and renoun farming. However, they all have a slot or 2 full of items. On my spreadsheet I have notated who has what. For example, toon X has bank and/or back pack slot(s) that are filled only with seeker and dodge belts at various levels.

I love my lootz.

Check out this messy room:

Default ARe you a horder or you just play one on the scree

I thought having 4 pack mules on a premium and 2 on a f2p was bad. Guess not.
    Going MAdD

I wouldn't even store that stuff in my buy-back window.

Default Or

Or just take those points and add a few more and add bank slots. Easier no mucking about with ships and chests and farming points/renown. Or just don't be a pack rat lol.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dramentia View Post
    Or just take those points and add a few more and add bank slots. Easier no mucking about with ships and chests and farming points/renown. Or just don't be a pack rat lol.
    I would guess he already has all the bank/inventory space he could get. And I would also guess that not being a pack rat goes against his nature. So, besides the reasoning he gave that he doesn't want lots of logins (to mule accounts), there's really nothing else to be said. I wouldn't want to try and convince him to pass me some loot in the chest
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

Default it's all about quality not quantity

good work on the treasure fleet, but imho after seeing the 'messy room' pic i would have to suggest a delete and uninstall. the items you have collected can easily be found in at the vendors, pawnshops and on the old auction house for low amounts of plats. why store trash?

i have 28 accounts, only 6 are truly active.. so why do i have the 22 other accounts you might be wondering, well they are mules and they hold the unbound gear my 6 main accounts use for leveling. i have them sorted by alt they squire for and by lvl range. i also have more than 1 guild and more than 1 ship.

allow me to elaborate a lil further, all of the guilds i am in are also my guilds and are only filled with my alts (hence the 6 main active being in my primary guild). my alt guild is only a holding guild, something i made to stop those annoying recruitment mails and /tells. the 2nd guild has no ship and i would not waste efforts on getting it one. after all solo leveling and upgrading a ship is a lot of effort and i dont feel it is wise for me to dilute the main to support mules in such a frivilous manner. its easy enough to invite one to a party and to the ship.. open trade.. or umd a tele scroll to them or w/e.

but as i said in the title of this it is about quality not quantity.....

my mules only hold stuff i will use, why clutter up with common or obsolete items and vendor scrolls/pots?

one of my mains is working on epl's and has 60ish items for 20-26 that are unbinding rand gen loot (all off level items goto the squire), she does have a fair amount of btc items although most is not used until 27-28. she has no active heroic item mule and will farm as needed if/when or take hand downs from other alts. so what other items do i store on mules??? well i have 1 account (prem main guild) filled with those awesome u16/17 items.. joy of joys is the mule with soul stealing armors and shields, much luv to my lacerating mule... ect.

this is not to say i dont keep scrolls and pots on mules also.. but with a twist.. the only pots i keep are house d and invisi's and some handy cookies. my scroll mules hold only 'RARE' scrolls .

as for things like the stack of heroic orbs you have?? um why hoard them when you can get them from the armor brokers in estar (lurk moar) at base price or cheaper in the ah? or the items that can be low lvl crafted with a lower ml? or the sub starter gear that everyone vendor trashes..... of all of the items in you're pic.. there is only 2 of value/significance (exceptional fort 10 ring of resist7 & the GS belt) .. the rest is common trash.

my guild chests hold some basics.. 1 small full of 10\11th wands, 1 large full of items to be asah posted, 1 (small) for AH posts and another large for moving items to and from primary mules.

hoarding in a mmos is always gonna happen even to the neat freaks among use, but at the end of the day i would prefer to hoard useful items and leave the trash in the chest.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dramentia View Post
    nope thats still not enough.
    just the bound to character stuff is so much, i have no space at all!
    i'm carrying stuff around with me i'm not using anymore (twink gear i needed during TR) at level cap cause my bank is full of BTC stuffz
    its a nice idea to link guildchests to your shared bank via mules that are guild leaders, but since you cannot put BTC into shared bank and no BTA into guildchests this is kinda obsolete
    only unbound stuff (aka if named stuff you havent used yet but will, and then its on your main toon again. > again the same space problem) goes into the guildchests. not worth to grind a guild or even more up to level X since you can put unbound stuff on a 2nd account also! pointless imo, but i'll keep it in mind, it might get useful one day
    sooner or later i'll run out of space/have the max char slots on my account

Treasure Hunter

Default TY for all the compliments!!!

I have all the available storage and Livmo's personal storage is 100% full of BtC items. And all good to great items. I have to throw some BtC stuff away at times to make room for new stuff that might be better :/ There is far too much BtC/BtCoA in this game. I like BtA better, because I can have only one or tow of the same item and share it amongst my toons. Ultimately I would prefer no bound items.

Also want to point out that the messy room is just my newest ship that I unloaded into from the various chars. I'm currently playing to unclog their invetories. There is much better loot on some of the other ships and my mules (all playable but a few broken ones).

However, I would not call that black helm in the screenie junk. It was EE and sold in 2 1/2 hours and got me Otto's Dance Hall for the boat

Also, sold an EH black helm for 2 mill plat on the regular AH and netted 1.4 mil plat that I put into that ship account. Got all the plat amenities you can get up to L26 (where that guild is at right now).

To add more perspective, on one server alone I have enough stat tomes to fill all the slots in a Guild Storage II set-up. I could easily do the same with skill tomes there as well. Of course I have duplicate tomes of stat and skill. These are all unboud. Trust me when I say that I'm also constipated with bound tomes as well :/

Just because I'm a hoarder doesn't mean I don't sell and/or give away stuff. Over New Years I gave away a Meridian Fragment, Globe of Imperial Blood and the +3 INT tome that I pulled here, https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...oon-in-Wheloon

I still feel it's better to hoard in game, rather than at home in RL.

Treasure Hunter

Default Small Guild Chest Contract

I mentioned in the first post that the old school chest amenities still had value.

At level 20 I get the Small Guild Chest Contract for the cargo hold. Aside from long term storage, the small chests are great to use for collecting consumables. Sometimes I use a small chest on more than one airship depending on the toons I'm running at the time. As toons breeze through the ships I drop consumables that I picked up in quests, raids, and challenges into the small chest(s). Every once and a while when a small chest gets built up, I will consolidate, and then move the stacks of 100.

Here is a screenie of a Small Guild Chest Contract that I just purchased for the newest ship. I've began filling it after Christmas. This one is mostly potions, but the same concept can be applied to other consumables like rare scrolls, etc.

Treasure Hunter

Default Another Ship...

Is full of hair dye and candy canes

The rest of the chests are the same (all candy canes), but this one. It has the hair dye and that cool ring in the shot for when one of my lowbies needs to get out of Dodge fast! I don't know about you, but some of the lowbie Kobold Shamans and Archaic Skelitons shoot lightening and other bad stuff : ) ) I like to have the ring on demand. This guild has a few lowbies right now and I can pass it back and forth in the chest when I'm not using it on a particular toon.

BTW, if I desire to, I can easily move that ring into another ship/guild/group of toons by dropping into the Shared Bank. Of course you can mail the ring as well, but I tend blow plat as fast as I make it sometimes. It cost plat to send stuff via mail. Keep in mind that the storage gives you options. I can live with sending an item or 2 like this by mail. However, I've been stopped dead in my tracks from mailing something, because I was low on funds or on a new toon.

Treasure Hunter

Lightbulb The Joys of Hoarding

Not all hoarders are the same and hoard for different reasons. To classify or think of all hoarders as being the same is akin to saying all the people from a particular race, religion, or country are the same.

Let me point out that for me the joy in hoarding comes from giving things away to right person at the right time. I consider myself to be a "Placement Specialist". I mention this, because the thread had yielded a teachable moment. I'm also an ardent fan of the "Free Store" concept.

Please take a moment to watch the video in this DDO Forum post in another thread regarding the "Free Store". It would mean allot to me if you did. And thank you

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5492611
    Last edited by Livmo; 01-03-2015 at 01:26 AM.

wow that's kinda... interesting, maybe

it reminds me ppl who played games to make the biggest amount of currency by only selling items, even if they are outpriced

or ppl who made the most weird things to avoid paying like playing in all servers unlocking all favor, guess it's all a matter of the concept of "having fun"

but hoarding unbound stuff of rare use well... you could always give good gear instead, or even plat so they can buy whatever they want

but ofc, ppl are free to spend their free time as they want, some have no hobbies, some have weird hobbies, and others do weird mixes of hobbies
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Not all hoarders are the same and hoard for different reasons. To classify or think of all hoarders as being the same is akin to saying all the people from a particular race, religion, or country are the same.

Let me point out that for me the joy in hoarding comes from giving things away to right person at the right time. I consider myself to be a "Placement Specialist". I mention this, because the thread had yielded a teachable moment. I'm also an ardent fan of the "Free Store" concept.

Please take a moment to watch the video in this DDO Forum post in another thread regarding the "Free Store". It would mean allot to me if you did. And thank you

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5492611
    MMkay, so that ring of expeditious retreat is for who? A first lifer that hasn't completed sacrifices yet?

Treasure Hunter

Default For the fun run of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    MMkay, so that ring of expeditious retreat is for who? A first lifer that hasn't completed sacrifices yet?
    OK first off it got a bit more challenging with the intro of champions. Which is good in my opinion. To create challenge for myself in general I like to start brand new toons at level 1. Basically I skip the Korthos Island altogether and break for the Harbor as soon as I can.

I like to wear stuff I find with a few exceptions like the ring on lowbie toons. The ring has been very helpful since the advent of champs. I solo without hires and some of the champs are tough to kill and spam lightening bolt among other bad things at me. The ring is useful to help me get away from a bad fight to re-group and counterattack. Think of running The Butcher's Path on Elite with champs under level with not all your gear slots full.

You don't see them in the shot, but the clutch of lowbies in the guild are also using invis and feather fall ring clickies too. The only one that group is missing is jump. For some reason a while back I had a jump ring and it started to take damage and I bound and attuned it (some of my toons stay lowbie to farm renoun). My thought was I will get another one hahhahahaha, and haven't seen once since!

The ring helps the get away if you become overwhelmed by the dogs in Home Sweet Sewer. In that quest I like to aggro all the dogs and have them chase me back to the enterence in a pack. Also, I get the breakable bonus and can gleam some of the loot that drops from the barrels. Sometimes the dogs catch up and start nipping at your heels, literally : ) )

On a side note, the Harbor solo quests are easy to farm 1or 2 times for some plat and other lowbie gear if you start at 0 plat and items with the exception of the Grotto stuff, which isin't much. Sometimes I need plat for my repair bills and pots.

Fun is what you make it sometimes. There are many in the box and out of the box ways to challenge ones self in DDO and still have fun running the same old quests. I like the spicy that the champs brought to the game.

This is just my opinion and I'm fine with starting at 28 pt builds, but with the champs it may be wise to raise the bar and start all new toons at 32 point builds? Peeps brand new to the game might not feel as overwhelmed if they end up in an Elite TR zerg zerg LFM?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast