Default Warforged and heal amp after U24?

EDIT: Here is the formula for warforged heal amp:

((100 + HealAmp Rating)/100) x base

where base = 0.5 for WF which becomes 0.6/0.7/0.8 with healer's friend and 0.45 for bladeforged which becomes 0.54/0.63/0.72 with healer's friend.

Testing below by Eth confirmed this formula.

Thanks to mezzorco and Eth for determining/confirming the formula.
    Last edited by CThruTheEgo; 12-17-2014 at 11:38 AM.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

The penalty won't matter much for the new formular. The warforged penalty isn't -50 heal amp, it's starting with 50% base heal amp.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    The penalty won't matter much for the new formular. The warforged penalty isn't -50 heal amp, it's starting with 50% base heal amp.
    So what exactly is the formula for calculating heal amp on a warforged then?

50% base heal amp using the new formula would be (50 + heal amp)/100. So with 0 heal amp, it would be (50+0)/100 which equals 0.5 base healing. But it could also be written as (100-50)/100, which is why I mentioned above starting with negative 50 heal amp. It doesn't matter either way as the result is the same, but is this the basic formula for warforged now?

If that's the case, then a warforged with only a heal amp 20 item would have (50+20)/100=0.7 healing. Is that correct?
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    So what exactly is the formula for calculating heal amp on a warforged then?
    That's actually a good question. I looked into the official thread, but didn't get any clues how the penalty works for toasters (the wiki doesn't have updated information on this either it seems).

I would imagine it works like this:

Where the base (0.5 WF; 0.4 BF) value can only be increased by healers friend from enhancements.

However if it worked like you mentioned and the penalty is just getting 50 instead of 100 in the healamp rating formular, that would be an incredible buff for warforged that care about positive healing.

I have a Bladeforged that has lots of heal amp gear, I could do some testing.

Community Member

That's actually a good question. I looked into the official thread, but didn't get any clues how the penalty works for toasters (the wiki doesn't have updated information on this either it seems).

Where the base (0.5 WF; 0.4 BF) value can only be increased by healers friend from enhancements.

However if it worked like you mentioned and the penalty is just getting 50 instead of 100 in the healamp rating formular, that would be an incredible buff for warforged that care about positive healing.

I have a Bladeforged that has lots of heal amp gear, I could do some testing.
    Yes, it would be a huge buff - I have one Bladeforged that has the healer's friend enh and iron mitts. In the past that got me to I think 110% healing from positive energy. If it's changed like that I'd probably switch to taking the repair amp and just using the iron mitts to completely negate the hamp penalty.

I hadn't considered this formula. It would result in the same base healing but would mean a significant reduction in the effect of heal amp. If you do some testing I'd be interested to see the results. I may do some myself if I get the time.

This is the right formula, except BF gets 10% less healing than WF, so BF base modifier is 0.45.

With healer's friend WF modifier becomes 0.6/0.7/0.8, while BF modifier becomes 0.54/0.63/0.72.

Quote Originally Posted by mezzorco View Post
    This is the right formula, except BF gets 10% less healing than WF, so BF base modifier is 0.45.

With healer's friend WF modifier becomes 0.6/0.7/0.8, while BF modifier becomes 0.54/0.63/0.72.
    Awesome, thanks.
    I also didn't know the BF penalty is 10% off the base. I always thought it's just flat 10%. Good to know
    (Not that I ever cared about positive healing on a BF...)

Quote Originally Posted by mezzorco View Post

Thanks for the info. I'm curious how you came to this conclusion. Did you do some testing?

My Bladeforged was running

Healers friend tier 1
    15% Paladin past life x3
    20% item
    30% item

using Divine Crusaider prior to Update 24.

Not sure how much healing it would hit for now since I'm not currently running Divine Crusaider & have reverted to fully relying on Repair while doing Arcane Shperes since U24 but, those numbers were enough to see more healing per tick of Concecrated Ground than many fleshies in group who I guess just did not invest much at all.

Here are my test results on my bladeforged. All tests were done using a heal scroll (110 base healing):

Those values are absolutely in line with what mezzorco posted.

What I don't get is where my 20 base heal amp comes from. I don't have any pally past lives, but I'll take it.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

What I don't get is where my 20 base heal amp comes from. I don't have any pally past lives, but I'll take it.
    Ship buff?

Guild buff..?

BTW its only 10%... I guess...
    "Together we take our place among the greatest heroes the world has ever known!"
    .:: Olympus ::.
    .:: Orien ::.

Quote Originally Posted by Feagor View Post
    Guild buff..?

BTW its only 10%... I guess...
    Oh, of course! It used to be 10%, but all values got doubled for the new formular, so it should be 20. The buff itself still says 10% though (it shouldn't be a percentage value anymore though).
    Thanks.

Here are my test results on my bladeforged. All tests were done using a heal scroll (110 base healing):

Those values are absolutely in line with what mezzorco posted.

Awesome. Thanks for the testing Eth.

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm curious how you came to this conclusion. Did you do some testing?
    Didn't test anything, my statement is based on ddowiki: http://ddowiki.com/page/Bladeforged#Racial_Traits