Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Support Team Turbine this Movember!

We're raising awareness about men's health issues, and raising money for some good causes! Team Turbine is supporting this month-long effort, and we would love your help!

What is Movember? From the official Movember page FAQ:

Movember is the month formerly known as November, where men and women across the globe join together to raise awareness and funds for men’s health. Men grow and women support a Mo (moustache) for 30 days becoming walking, talking billboards. Movember supports world-class men’s health programs that combat prostate and testicular cancer.

Men who support Movember, called Mo Bros, start by registering at Movember.com. Mo Bros start Movember 1st clean-shaven, then grow and groom their Mo, for the rest of the month, raising money along the way. Women who support Movember, called MO SISTAS, also start by registering at Movember.com. MO SISTAS champion the Mo by registering and supporting the Mo Bros in their life, spreading the important message of men’s health, leading a team and organizing events.
    If you are interested in helping to support this effort, please consider donating as little or as much as you are willing to; even a couple of bucks can make a big difference! You can click here to support me (the money I raise goes into the pool for the team), or click here to donate to Team Turbine as a whole.

You can find out more about Movember's financials, and specifics about where the money goes, here.

I'm starting with a $1000 goal for this year. Last year we managed to raise $2510 for men's health!

UPDATE 11/4/14: Now - with encouragements to donate!

Individual Incentives:**

$50 - Custom Forum Title*
    $75 - Winter Wolf Pup
    $100 - Cordovan will lead or run a group for you and your friends, using a non-admin standard character, on your server! I'll run whatever you want.

Group Incentives***:

$250 - Cordovan will award five 500 Turbine Point codes to randomly-selected donors** ACHIEVED! 11/4/14 - Thank You!
    $500 - Cordovan will award an additional ten 500 Turbine Point codes to randomly-selected donors** ACHIEVED! 11/6/14 - Thank You!
    $1000 - Cordovan will award an additional ten 500 Turbine Point codes to randomly-selected donors** ACHIEVED! 11/18/14 - Thank You!

NOTES: Prizes are cumulative, so an individual who donates $100 would receive the Winter Wolf Pup, the ability to kill Cordovan in a preferred PvP pit, and a Custom Forum Title.

Anyone who donates at least $5.00 to this effort is eligible to be in the drawing for the Turbine Point codes.

*Forum Titles must follow the Community Guidelines, and be appropriate. The definition of "Appropriate" will be determined by the DDO Community Team. The title must also meet the requirements for the web site, so long titles may not be possible.

**Cordovan will do his best to award the prize, so please make sure that you are able to be contacted if you wish to receive a prize. If you prefer to donate to Team Turbine as a whole, please send Cordovan a forum PM to let him know that you donated to the team and would be interested in being entered for the drawings.

***Group incentives will be based on milestones taken from Cordovan's individual Movember page, along with donations made to the Turbine-Powered Moustaches page that are meant to be part of the "DDO pool". If you donate to the group, rather than Cordovan individually, please PM Cordovan through the forums here to make your donation count toward the group incentives (and to help him award you the individual incentives.)
    Last edited by Cordovan; 11-18-2014 at 12:47 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

First!

And in for a fiver. For now...
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    First!

And in for a fiver. For now...
    Thanks!
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Manager

We've already crushed our $250 group incentive! Thank you so much for the early outpouring of support!
    Join us on Twitch!

Considering the $1000 is the same as the $500, I say cordovan should record a solo run of XXX quest to be voted on (from the latest releases). Just to make it a bit more interesting if we get that far :P

Default No head shave ???

What happened to the DDOCast idea ???

I thought You would shave the DDO logo on your head if XX amout would be raised ???

Please That would be the best incentive lol !
    G-land, Balistas Magicas, Bashukar Bloodaxe, Kobur Curse of Dragon, Necromatix

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by RD2play View Post
    What happened to the DDOCast idea ???

I thought You would shave the DDO logo on your head if XX amout would be raised ???

Please That would be the best incentive lol !
    It's true. If we happen to raise $10,000 (which would be amazing, but I don't really expect that to happen), I will shave the DDO logo into my head.
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    It's true. If we happen to raise $10,000 (which would be amazing, but I don't really expect that to happen), I will shave the DDO logo into my head.
    AND do a DDO weekly roundup as a KOBOLD! ::P

Community Member

Can you shave a partial logo based on the percentage we get to.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCaedus View Post
    Can you shave a partial logo based on the percentage we get to.
    like a status bar! don't forget to color code!

Individual Incentives:**

$50 - Custom Forum Title*
    $75 - Winter Wolf Pup
    $100 - Cordovan will lead or run a group for you and your friends, using a non-admin standard character, on your server! I'll run whatever you want.

In the forums, you mention only a forum title incentive. In the livestream, you noted an avatar bonus. Once in the livestream and once in the chat on the side. (Posting the mention in chat). How much does the custom avatar cost, though? I've been wanting to put my dancing-dwarven-bard or my top-hat-bear-pet as an avatar for a while. If the custom avatar isn't available, I understand. But I would love an avatar. Either way, you'll get something from me. You're a wonderful livestream host, a good sport with my dwarf, and your cause involves mental-health/suicide... both of which have claimed the majority of the lives in my family.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by marcownz747 View Post
    In the forums, you mention only a forum title incentive. In the livestream, you noted an avatar bonus. Once in the livestream and once in the chat on the side. (Posting the mention in chat). How much does the custom avatar cost, though? I've been wanting to put my dancing-dwarven-bard or my top-hat-bear-pet as an avatar for a while. If the custom avatar isn't available, I understand. But I would love an avatar. Either way, you'll get something from me. You're a wonderful livestream host, a good sport with my dwarf, and your cause involves mental-health/suicide... both of which have claimed the majority of the lives in my family.

Sorry, I misspoke on the livestream. Meant to say Titles, but said Avatars. That said, I'd be happy to create an Avatar as well for anyone who donates $50 or more, if they prefer. The reason I am not formally including avatars into the incentives this year is that I'm actually investigating whether we can open up custom avatars to the community as a whole. I still have a few technical issues to figure out, but LOTRO has this ability, so provided it works as well for DDO, it's something I'd like to do.
    Join us on Twitch!

Cool

we HAVE to hit the big goal!
    except: instead of shaving it? (DDO LOGO in Cordo's head)
    for that much $$$?
    u should tattoo it!
    -right on ur booty or bicep

Community Manager

Whoohoo! We've now crossed the $500 mark (combining individual donations to my page + DDO-related donations to Team Turbine!) Thank you to all of the generous donors who have made this possible. Your donations mean so much to me!

To learn more about my Movember campaign, visit here: http://mobro.co/jerrysnook
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Manager

Thanks to generous donors from the weekend we're now at $645 donated from the DDO community (either to me or from Team Turbine.) Woot! You can track the latest here: http://mobro.co/jerrysnook
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Manager

I thought I'd end the week with a status update: So far we've raised $750 from the DDO community - thank you! Right now we have approximately 15 total donors, and will be giving away 15 Turbine Point codes. If we hit my goal of $1,000, we'll be giving away another ten codes! So, now is a great time to make a small donation and be eligible to win! The giveaway is eligible to anyone who donates at least $5 to the cause.
    Join us on Twitch!

K.

I donated fifty bucks.

My forum Title better not be "Mo-tastic" or I'll be really upset!

"Ninja Spy" would work :-D

Thanks for the good work and extra effort for a good cause.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by phillymiket View Post
    K.

I donated fifty bucks.

My forum Title better not be "Mo-tastic" or I'll be really upset!

"Ninja Spy" would work :-D

Thanks for the good work and extra effort for a good cause.
    This goes for anyone who has donated enough to unlock a reward: Just PM me with your preferred title, or to let me know you're interested in me running with you or whatever, and I'll get it done. Ninja Spy would be fine for a title, but feel free to PM me whatever you'd like.

Thank you so much for your donation!
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Manager

Thank you to all of our generous donors Team Turbine has crossed the $1,000 mark! http://us.movember.com/team/1857241

Since I have a few donations (and donations to team members) that I can't 100% be sure are or are not DDO-related, I'm just going to count the team mark as being enough to cross the $1,000 mark for the purposes of these incentives. So, I'll be giving away more Turbine Point codes! Don't forget that any donation over $5 is eligible for a code.

Also, I've had a few donations that I don't have enough info on the donor for to distribute codes if they won. So, if you are a DDO player who made a donation, and haven't already given me a forum name (or in-game character name), please PM me so I can keep my list updated. Thanks!

There's still time to donate! I'll be taking donations through December 1st.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Manager

Hello and thank you!

We're truly humbled and thankful for everyone's donations to Movember this year. To anyone who sacrificed large or small: Your donation means a lot to me and us, and we really appreciate it!

I'll continue to take any donations through today. Anyone who has donated $5 or more is eligible for one of the incentives as well. Last year I ended up scrambling and doing a couple of later nights to get everything put together, so this year I wanted to give myself a bit more time to get everything figured out. I'll spend some off-hours in the coming days making sure I've got everyone's donations and information, then do the Turbine Point drawings. Expect to see the results of that later this week.

If you donated enough to garner a larger incentive (title, in-game meetup, etc.) I will be in touch. If you don't hear from me by the middle of next week, PM me on the forums and I'll make sure I've got your information. I've already been talking to a couple of folks, but there are a few more to get in touch with.

The Total: Including donations made to Team Turbine rather than just me, we raised $1,882 dollars! $1,535 to my page, although at least a couple of donations to the Team page came from DDO peeps. Big success!

Sincerely,

Jerry Snook
    Cordovan
    Team Turbine

Last edited by Cordovan; 12-01-2014 at 02:39 PM.
    Join us on Twitch!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast