Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Add Monty Python's Flying Circus (Thelanis) to the list of guild's who can't rename their ship from String Error. (And yes, I tried using my official guild leader toon.)
    The blinking Drooam "backpack" is NOT a party buff. But its fun to say it is.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

And now that I've tried this, I can't change my ship's name either. Ship purchased... oh, months and months and months ago. Probably over a year now, not really sure. Certainly way before U22.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

I attempted to pay the 18 AS and got this:

(Admin): Failed to rename, it could be not allowed or the guild doesnt own that ship.

This was while logged in with the guild leader.

Any update on this yet?
    My guild currently sails upon the "string table error id"

It also states that it's going to cost me 18AS to change, but i haven't tried it (haven't come up with a decent name yet).

Additional info -
    we have the stormglory typhoon (bought before the changes to airships)
    Tried with both the guild leader and a guild officer with the same results.
    'Live Long, Play Longer'

I'm having problems renaming my ship on Cannith

Guild is Scions of Stormreach {Lvl 65}
    Guild Leader is Larystessian

Bought the Windspyre Gryphon when Update 22 came out and it became available to my Guild!

EDIT: Seems I can pay 18 AS for a Rename but WHY does EVERYONE not get their FIRST rename FREE Turbine?
    Last edited by FranOhmsford; 07-18-2014 at 08:30 AM.

Community Member

Default Strange how this is working / not working

I tried with my 15th lvl guild on Wayfinder (bought the smallest airship -Windspyre Sparrow - for it after U22) and yesterday it did allow me to name our ship for the first time. And it was for free as well, like it should be.

Strange that it doesn't work for everyone and strange that it does work for some. I guess its to do with the specific model of airship as well as when it was bought. A bit of a mess really.
    Last edited by Nascoe; 07-18-2014 at 09:15 AM.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by vms4ever View Post
    Add Monty Python's Flying Circus (Thelanis) to the list of guild's who can't rename their ship from String Error. (And yes, I tried using my official guild leader toon.)
    Add The Order of Elysium (Khyber) to the list. Apparently, as of this date, this issue is STILL an issue.

Community Member gordofgrayhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamSmith View Post
    Cordovan, there needs to be a time limit on how often the ship can be renamed. I figure at least a 24 hour time limit but I'd be happy with 3 days or even a week.

This would be to prevent potential squabbling by guild officers over ship names.

Because I'm guessing the 18 astral shards are taken out of the guild fund and not from the personal fund of the player interacting with the airship vendor. This could cause the guild's astral shard fund to be depleted quite rapidly if a guild officer acted with malice to upset their guild before they quit or were demoted/expelled by the guild leader.
    You are correct when thy put this out THY! DDO should of made guild leader to give permission on WHO! could use the ship funds not just any one and all, there are people who will destroy you in game if able and DDO! has knowing this but choose to make the guild suffer get off your hands fix it you caused it!

Community Manager

We are investigating an issue where airships purchased prior to the release of Update 22 may not be seeing their first guild airship rename to be free. Additionally, there is an issue with some folks who have incorrect ship names (like a string table error) being unable to get a free airship rename. We hope to get this issue fixed for Update 23.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are investigating an issue where airships purchased prior to the release of Update 22 may not be seeing their first guild airship rename to be free. Additionally, there is an issue with some folks who have incorrect ship names (like a string table error) being unable to get a free airship rename. We hope to get this issue fixed for Update 23.
    Thank you.

Curious, is U23 the next thing in the pipe, or are there additional U22.X's coming first?

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by btolson View Post
    Curious, is U23 the next thing in the pipe, or are there additional U22.X's coming first?
    Considering what is going into u23, u23 will be the next thing out.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by btolson View Post
    We are currently planning a smaller patch prior to the release of Update 23 to address a couple of things, and will have more information on that as we get closer to its release.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Yes on my guilds Motd page under our guild name it does say "String table Error table did" We purchased the Stormglory Tempest 2 days before U22 came out. Sadly had we of known that we could have just waited and purchased the largest stormglory series after U22 without a guild level restriction then that's what we would have done. Anyways we have never named the ship, there are shards in the guilds account I logged in as the guild leader Samyel and it still will not allow even him to rename the ship. It keeps telling him that we don't own that ship or the name isn't allowed.

We are currently planning a smaller patch prior to the release of Update 23 to address a couple of things, and will have more information on that as we get closer to its release.
    U23.3 - gotcha. Thank you, nice to know.

Might we expect it to go live on Lamannia?

Might we expect guild storage in this patch?

Default U23 soon, is the fix in?

Hey Cordovan, can you confirm if the fix will be in U23 yet, or is it still too soon to know?
    Argonessen: Breyard, Kayuss, Breymer, Vilar, Zhanmadao
    Disclaimer: All my posts are in the official DnD language of Common. Common is not a standardised language, so if you think you see a spelling mistake - you are wrong!

Community Member

So after Update I still cannot name our ship. I'm still getting the same message "string table error, string table DiD" Any news when we will finally be able to name the blasted ships?

Question

So U23 is here.

Now there doesn't seem to be any option to rename Airships at all.

Nothing in the release notes or known issues about this though (no surprise there).

Any response from the Devs would be appreciated...
    Disclaimer: All my posts are in the official DnD language of Common. Common is not a standardised language, so if you think you see a spelling mistake - you are wrong!

Default bump

Hello Dev's, anyone there?

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Huh. Is this related to the string table error I see under my guild's name when I open the social panel?

I haven't even attempted to name my ship, and I'll hold off as I bought it some time before the last changes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast