Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Meteoric Star Ruby ?

Hello, i have a question - i saw on another server one of these in the AH.
    But i cant find anything about that augment in the wiki or here in the forums.
    Where can i find those augments and what are the actual stats on them? Someone found already on and cant tell me where?

Thx for any information, Greetings Zangesh / Wayfinder
    - new to Orien - let's have a look -

Zangesh qui Clades - Fire Sorc - Triple Completionist
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Laladi- Dagger Trapper Machine - Heroic Completionist
    Zindragh Zornbinder - Ranged, but only a hand full of lifes, more mule then active
    Aibus - Tank, but only a hand full of lifes, more mule then active

- man nannte ihn Zangesh qui Clades -

I have no idea where they drop from. I traded for one on argo and it is pretty fun stuff so far. I presume they drop in either new raids or Haunted halls. I know some cards give rubys as well but idk if this is one..

They scale with the level of the weapon.., In my level 14 pick they do around 150 fire damage 50 bludgeoning damage and have a knockdown effect like Cometfall all around your target. So i guess you could just double the damage for a toon with lvl 28 weapons. Will do approximately 300 fire and 100 bludgeon with a higher dc knockdown. Give or take .

They are pretty freaking awesome and i love it so far! These new augments are best addition to the game in awhile.

Edit: I asked around and someone said it is a super rare drop from Fire on thrunder peak raid.
    Last edited by badbob117; 03-26-2014 at 06:40 PM.
    Born to play, Forced to work !

48 reflex save for lvl 28 weapon, another thing where mobs roll 1 or save.

thx so far, any other ppl who know's where it can drop / seen one dropping ?

Zindragh Zornbinder - Ranged, but only a hand full of lifes, more mule then active

I slotted one in my skybreaker since that character is in no way subtle, and love it too

As for where it drops, i think probably Haunted Halls extended version from the dragon chest, or the thunderholme raids, but i got mine from the AH so can't say for certain.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

I would like to point out that this is awesomesauce augment. Really nice, especially the knockdown effect. I know that at the levels it works you don't need it but it's still super cute.

Plus this 'depending on the minimum level' part of all these augments makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Waiting for the first post with a pair of "The Mountain's Fist (Level 25)" each slotted with 3 of those meteoric star rubies.

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Waiting for the first post with a pair of "The Mountain's Fist (Level 25)" each slotted with 3 of those meteoric star rubies.
    I'm looking more at thunder forged wraps. A fully upgraded one could have orange, red and purple slots as well as lots of other fun stuff. With unarmed attack speed you'd see a decent amount of procs. Even if you can't stack 3 meteor rubies, you could put 3 different ones. A whirlwind attack would be especially violent.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post

Plus this 'depending on the minimum level' part of all these augments makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
    Yea, turbine did good with that.

how offen do it proc?

i know graphic sez 2% chance but, you know...it kinda sounds like it procs more offen then that.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    There were 2 of those for sale (lodged at the same time) on the Orien SA a few days ago - and not going for big money, either. Well, they had three different rubies (one of each type, but can't remember which elements now) in each, but all essentially the same. I guess the owner got bored of them or they won't proccing frequently enough for their liking.

some news how to find those augments?

I have pulled a few of the new Augments from HH Extended. More Pulls on EN than EH, but that could just be the frequency of the runs [i.e. did a lot of EN verses only a few EH, no EE.] Lots of high level chests (Named Loot Chests) if you do the whole dungeon and lots of chances to pull one.

Have not pulled the Metoric one yet, but I have the Fire one, Ice One and the Lightning one. (Slotted the Lightning one on my Monk)
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

I pulled a Meteoric Star Ruby from EE Haunted Halls, extended, from the end chest (the one that otherwise only drops black stones), with a +2 loot gem running.
    No idea what part of that is meaningful, but that's where I got it.

The damage isn't that great, the proc chance is good enough (on my monkcher), and the knockdown effect is simply great. It trips a lot more mobs than I expected it to.

15. 03-29-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    I pulled a Meteoric Star Ruby from EE Haunted Halls, extended, from the end chest (the one that otherwise only drops black stones), with a +2 loot gem running.
    No idea what part of that is meaningful, but that's where I got it.

The damage isn't that great, the proc chance is good enough (on my monkcher), and the knockdown effect is simply great. It trips a lot more mobs than I expected it to.
    And you didn't give it to me? Simply unacceptable!
    || Arari - Cleric Rogue || Athyria - Satanic Mechanic || Ethirial - Arcane Archer || Tiarinlasa - Spell Singer || Zirron - Divine Avenger ||

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    Thx a lot for the Info, did already a couple EE runs there, but only normal Ruby Eye Augments yet, but wasnt running with loot gem. Have plenty of them on my bank - time to take some of them

The proc is 2%, yes, but it doesn't have an "internal cooldown" (hidden cooldown on proc) like some new items. Sometimes it procs like in a 5 sec interval window for me.
    And I don't know why but sometimes I get 2 different electric damages from my ruby eye (Single mob, no other mobs around) like 380 and 354 damage on the same hit, maybe it has something to do with doublestrike lol, I don't know. But I love the new gems, the damage is good in my opinion because after some hits (vulnerability from my thunderforge weapon) it hits for 350-500.
    --Cannith Player--

Main toon: Kyshara of All Trades (current 25th life - completionist/epic completionist) - Shadar-kai Wizard 15 FvS 3 Monk 2 (Getting SK PLs -_-)

FvS, I will be back soon

My EE FvS build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...S-Caster-Build

Community Member

Default Meteoric

Got one in my new TF heavy repeater, so I'm hitting for poison, fire, acid (runearm), and random meteors. It's pretty hilarious. Not to mention my random 2d10 stat drain, spell procs, and paralyze. It's like a whupass buffet.

Default Casters, too?

Anyone know if this works with casters? Same with the Ruby Eye augments. Not sure if "to hit" is melee and ranged only or any kind of hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyllelia View Post
    Anyone know if this works with casters? Same with the Ruby Eye augments. Not sure if "to hit" is melee and ranged only or any kind of hit.
    To hit means to hit something. I do not see how that can be unclear in any way?

"To hit" means to hit with melee or ranged weapons everywhere else in DDO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast