Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    I believe that CD should be credited shards for going through this effort to even creating a video for Turbine, please.
    /signed. And the same for everyone giving screen shots.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    Why is this an issue?

I think it should be WAI that re-roll should ransack chests. It is better for the game in the long run.

If they make it so re-roll does not ransack then Named items are going to be obtained at every Named loot chest this way. The game is more and more becoming pay to win. Nothing is rare anymore if you guys change this.

But your profits will also increase 10 fold. So I see the reason why. But still it is just so cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeesy.

Come on already there has to be some integrity to uphold.
    you do know that you can only re-roll once per chest per quest run, right?

This only doubles someone's chances once per run.

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    Why is this an issue?

I think it should be WAI that re-roll should ransack chests. It is better for the game in the long run.

If they make it so re-roll does not ransack then Named items are going to be obtained at every Named loot chest this way. The game is more and more becoming pay to win. Nothing is rare anymore if you guys change this.

But your profits will also increase 10 fold. So I see the reason why. But still it is just so cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeesy.

Come on already there has to be some integrity to uphold.

As has already been discussed, the main issue was the paying Shard(s) and getting an empty chest. The reroll-counting-towards-ransack was kinduva collateral issue that rode in along with the main issue. And to a much lesser degree, being allowed to pay to reroll an empty chest at all.

Since you can only reroll a chest once, it really doesn't matter to me whether it adds to Ransack or not - as long as everyone knows which way is WAI. What *I* think should happen, is deactivating the reroll option as soon as a chest reaches ransack warning. But that's just me.

As for reimbursing the few Shards I used - thanks for the thoughts guys, but seeing that my effort actually made something happen within the big hamster wheel behind the curtain is cool enough for me.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

This bug is akin to stepping into a quest then stepping out and resetting before completion of the quest counting as a completion for purposes of XP and daily bonus. It really is a pretty bad bug and ought to be fixed post-haste. I wasn't even aware of it until I saw this thread.

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

I believe that haverdasher should be the comparison as the other chest in the miller's debt 100% on a specific quest item and not subject to ransack.
    Last edited by Book_O_Dragons; 10-07-2013 at 06:15 PM.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

Community Member

Thumbs down

On two separate occasions, once by myself by accident and a friend deliberately found that confirmation box did not appear upon clicking the Re-Roll button.

It was the first time I had accidentally done so, and was kicking myself for doing so but more angry at yet another simple UI thing is broken.

Editted OP with amusing reroll bug.

Just for posterity.

Collectibles

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

I don't know if it applies only to ransack, but it may also apply to empty chests.

I joined a Heroic Elite Servants really late once, and rerolled on an empty chest because I wanted a chance at the Slinger. It took my shards and came up empty.

Bug report got me nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Chest re-roll does not count towards ransack. If you experience something different, please take a screenshot if possible and send it to ddobugs.turbine.com. Thanks!
    LOL! Yeah, right! Every time I have re-rolled loot, it has incremented the counter. I have run epic Bargain of Blood so many times and re-rolled a number of times trying to get the Seal of the Midnight Greetings and, when you re-roll, you can make half as many runs before reaching ransack as you normally can. Furthermore, if re-rolling did not count toward ransack, then why do people get the message they have stripped the chest of everything of value on a re-roll when there were contents in there before the re-roll? If it did not count (as you claim), then you could not go from having loot in the chest to having no loot in the chest on a re-roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    LOL! Yeah, right! Every time I have re-rolled loot, it has incremented the counter. I have run epic Bargain of Blood so many times and re-rolled a number of times trying to get the Seal of the Midnight Greetings and, when you re-roll, you can make half as many runs before reaching ransack as you normally can. Furthermore, if re-rolling did not count toward ransack, then why do people get the message they have stripped the chest of everything of value on a re-roll when there were contents in there before the re-roll? If it did not count (as you claim), then you could not go from having loot in the chest to having no loot in the chest on a re-roll.

That's part of the original thread, and that's already in their cross-hairs.

This new bit is the insane Shard amount getting picked up from somewhere. And quite honestly, it was more amusing that OMG!ish.
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    That's part of the original thread, and that's already in their cross-hairs.

This new bit is the insane Shard amount getting picked up from somewhere. And quite honestly, it was more amusing that OMG!ish.
    It get´s one to say "hm...?" on how this is calculated . I always wondered on the same chest (same difficulty, non-ransacked) getting different shard costs from time to time. Seems there is something with the formula.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123