Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mabar "day"?

Community Member

Default Mabar "day"?

when is a Mabar day?

completed the dragon last night around 11 PM and got my signet, then completed the dragon today at around 2pm CENTRAL, no signet? about 1/2 the memebers of my 20-25 party also reported the same, no signet

created a ticket that was closed with:
    The issue you have described has been recorded for review by the In-Game Support team but is not an issue that we can assist with. We recommend that you take a moment to submit a formal bug report at this url: http://ddobugs.turbine.com/ to aid in the research of this issue. Be sure to fully review the information at the top of the bug report form to understand how bug reports are handled.

So, when is a Mabar day end?

Quote Originally Posted by -fingerbang View Post
    when is a Mabar day?

completed the dragon last night around 11 PM and got my signet, then completed the dragon today at around 2pm CENTRAL, no signet? about 1/2 the memebers of my 20-25 party also reported the same, no signet

created a ticket that was closed with:
    The issue you have described has been recorded for review by the In-Game Support team but is not an issue that we can assist with. We recommend that you take a moment to submit a formal bug report at this url: http://ddobugs.turbine.com/ to aid in the research of this issue. Be sure to fully review the information at the top of the bug report form to understand how bug reports are handled.

So, when is a Mabar day end?
    Good question, does it work like raid timer. Is there a 24 hour countdown before it can be run again for signet? Is there a way to check the timer? *** is the purpose of the timer anyway?
    Argonnessen - Glibb Bonefish, Lev 28 pure Elf Ranger

I would assume 18hrs minimum.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

It's definitely not a 24 hour countdown timer. I got my first around 5PM eastern yesterday, got another around 11:30PM eastern. Same character. I have no clue how it works, but it looks like it is probably one reset time for everyone.

Community Member

well you know what they say when you assume?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

It resets at the same time as the daily challenge tokens. In another thread someone said this was 8PM Eastern time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    On the Signet timing questions: The Signet reward is once per day per character, not per account, and the day is based on the server clock, which means that the "day" will reset at the same time the Challenge tokens do. I think the server clock is based on Coordinated Universal Time.
    And while not official:

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    It resets at midnight UTC, the same time as challenge tokens switch over (8PM eastern)
    Last edited by Krelar; 10-25-2013 at 03:05 PM.

My guildy got his second signet today. It was 19 hours after he got his first. Both were in the mornings of different days, U.S. time.

What is the day for quest xp ransack reset? 18 hours?

How long is it before your daily dice resets? 18 hours? 16? Something like that. Less than 24.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    It resets at the same time as the daily challenge tokens. In another thread someone said this was 8PM Eastern time.
    This is correct and tested myself both in getting a 2nd and not getting a 2nd.

Tajawuka's first run was Thursday afternoon. Second run was Friday afternoon. 2 signets
    Toolbots's first run was Thursday at 8:30pm. Second run was Friday afternoon. 1 signet.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Community Manager

Correct to the above posters: The day switches over based on UTC, Coordinated Universal Time. That's currently four hours ahead of Eastern Daylight Time, so the switch should happen around 8:00 PM Eastern. And yes, it's the same for Challenge Tokens.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member Captain_Pengie's Avatar

Cool

"should happen around 8:00 PM Eastern"
    "should" happen "around" 8pm - that sure is some precise software you have there.

Is that the same as the vampires "should" be visible "around" about the time you want to hit them?
    Last edited by Derkallah; 10-25-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Community Member

Correct to the above posters: The day switches over based on UTC, Coordinated Universal Time. That's currently four hours ahead of Eastern Daylight Time, so the switch should happen around 8:00 PM Eastern. And yes, it's the same for Challenge Tokens.
    Thank you for the reply, its a really odd time and wish it would change to midnight central, or on a personal time like raids

Quote Originally Posted by -fingerbang View Post
    Thank you for the reply, its a really odd time and wish it would change to midnight central, or on a personal time like raids
    I'd say 3 a.m. would be a great time, so 2 playing sessions are most likely on 2 different days. ... 3 a.m. for everyone around the world ofc.
    Razahe ~ Bruyak ~ Duzzared ~ Hukwaller ~ Marwachine
    Mitis Mors | Thelanis

13. 10-26-2013, 06:33 PM

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Derkallah View Post
    Up until today when Daylight Saving ended in England so midnight UTC is now 7PM US Eastern (or 10 AEDT for those of us downunder).

I guess that explains the "should" and "around" lack of precision ...
    Daylight savings hasn't ended in the US so still 8pm eastern US time.

In fact it should have just rolled over a few minutes ago.

15. 10-27-2013, 08:45 AM

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Except it uses UTC (you old timie folks in the US may know it as GMT - go metric one day and catch up with the rest of the world instead of sticking with antiquated ye olde English measurement systems and these modern terms will become more familiar) not US time. And I know exactly when it switched over as I was watching when it happened - it is midnight UTC which is now 7pm US eastern daylight time. Next week it will be back further to 6pm when you end daylight saving, but it will still be based on the clock hitting midnight UTC. There is a bit bright wonderful world outside the US so using a US based time is as backward thinking as you lot still using imperial measurements hundreds of years after gaining your supposed independence from the monarchy which created them.
    Acording to this it is 2:18 PM UTC at the time of this post. It is also 10:18AM US Eastern time a 4 hour difference. That would make midnight UTC 8PM Eastern still. UTC does not change for daylight savings time so until the US goes off daylight savings it will continue to be 8PM.

Community Member

it is midnight UTC which is now 7pm US eastern daylight time. Next week it will be back further to 6pm when you end daylight saving
    That's wrong. It's 0:00 UTC (midnight), but UTC doesn't change based on UK daylight saving time--that's the whole point of universal time, it ignores whether an individual country is on daylight saving. So midnight UTC is still 8pm EDT in the US (or 5pm PDT if you're on the west coast). That will change to 7pm next weekend when we end daylight saving, but it won't move two hours back in two weeks.

It's rather bad form to post inaccurate information while trying to mock someone else for getting things "wrong".

You can check the current UTC here: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx
    It's four hours ahead of Eastern Time at the moment, which will shift to five hours next weekend.

19. 10-27-2013, 09:39 AM

Community Member

Except it uses UTC (you old timie folks in the US may know it as GMT - go metric one day and catch up with the rest of the world instead of sticking with antiquated ye olde English measurement systems and these modern terms will become more familiar) not US time. And I know exactly when it switched over as I was watching when it happened - it is midnight UTC which is now 7pm US eastern daylight time. Next week it will be back further to 6pm when you end daylight saving, but it will still be based on the clock hitting midnight UTC. There is a bit bright wonderful world outside the US so using a US based time is as backward thinking as you lot still using imperial measurements hundreds of years after gaining your supposed independence from the monarchy which created them.
    Or maybe you should learn the difference between UTC and GMT and shelve your ignorant misdirected bigotry. UTC (AKA Zulu time) is Universal Time Coordinated, which DOES NOT change with daylight savings as it is now the technical standard for time keeping. GMT used to fit this definition but is now used as local time in that region, which does change according to daylight savings, which is why people use UTC now as a standard to avoid this sort of ambiguity in translation. Now, since you've lambasted the previous poster for his ignorance when he was in fact right, maybe you should apologize.

Community Member

Correct. Unfortunately whoever coded the software is actually using GMT as the fact is it switched over at 10am AEDT (I was watching the screen when it happened. The daily dice uses the same reset and you can see it flick on) which is currently 7 US. If it was previously happening at 8 US (as stated by Cordo) and changed back to 7 then obviously the software is incorrectly based on GMT (i.e taking a local time and converting it with all DST factors included) rather than actually using a strict UTC clock.

Original post edited accordingly.
    Daily dice reset after 16 hours, I thought, not on a per-day basis. They use the same 16 hour reset as quest ransack, tracked from last use.

However, if I'm on between 7pm and 8pm tonight (or any day this week), I'll double check the challenge token and see if it has reset.

Community Member Captain_Pengie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GotSomeQuestions View Post
    Daily dice reset after 16 hours, I thought, not on a per-day basis. They use the same 16 hour reset as quest ransack, tracked from last use.

However, if I'm on between 7pm and 8pm tonight (or any day this week), I'll double check the challenge token and see if it has reset.
    Don't bother as:
    1) I obviously shouldn't get involved in forums after 3 days with no sleep, and
    2) If a 'daily' event is considered to be 16 hours that is worse than a support person using words like "should" in a post.

For the sake of correctness lets just call them the:
    - 'every so often dice which don't really matter as all you ever get is plat anyway', and
    - 'the Mabar period which can be anything as you are just going to lag out and fail so frequency is irrelevant'

All prior posts deleted to avoid any further confusion.

Community Member

Challenge tokens (and, presumably, Mabar signets) are still resetting at 8pm EDT for US players (checked today). But that will change over to 7pm EST when we end daylight saving time.

"Daily" dice are still a joke. Plat would be better than the haste/hero/angel tear potions I always get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast